PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers visit the *other* tundra, Ralph Wilson Stadium game day thread for Dec 13th

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Pinned deep like that, YES! But really they should have been running it all day and it wouldn't have came to this, but of course that's not what fat Mike wanted.

Odds of long running play to break to make the clock running worth it are small.

Rutnstrut
You are clueless. Need to drive ninety yards in 1:50. Ya let's run

Yeah because they were lighting it up passing today, who's clueless?

oldbutnotdeadyet
Game of inches, what are odds of Williams reaching to the spot that Rogers cocks the ball at. Horrible way to lose either way. I thought the refs were on the same side as the announcers on this one.

Cheesehead Craig
You are clueless. Need to drive ninety yards in 1:50. Ya let's run

Just ignore the troll

Rutnstrut
12-14-2014, 03:22 PM
what do you mean, Seattle is nice break from bitter cold

That's funny, but I spit soda out on my tablet.

Harlan Huckleby
12-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Rodgers was spooked by something today and I suspect it was the pass rush.

I thought pass blocking was fine. God knows why Rodgers was off, and he got no help from receivers

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:23 PM
I say string-up pbmax as sacrificial goat. A killing can cleanse any community. Pbmax was wrong on that last field goal, kill him.

pbmax's prediction was perfect.

Just like M3 and Capers haters I predicted gloom and doom if they didn't follow my advice and I was proven right by subsequent unrelated events.

Will now start own blog.

ThunderDan
Special teams cost us the game. The O was bad. The only thing to be satisfied with today is the D.

pittstang5
who came in for bulaga, I was too irrate to pay attention

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:24 PM
I thought pass blocking was fine. God knows why Rodgers was off, and he got no help from receivers

They did enough, like Packers versus Pats, to move him off his spot. He did have a number of plays with a lot of time, but many where he had to shift to throw or throw early. those throws were off or late.

woodbuck27
Rodgers was spooked by something today and I suspect it was the pass rush. He and receivers not on same page and then got more and more inaccurate until 4th Quarter. Errors yes, but errors because of their D and very good initial coverage.

SEAHAWKS !!

oldbutnotdeadyet
Not the end of the season, looks like it will all go down to the Detroit game, thanks god at home.

Oh, and GOOOO Vikings.

pbmax

Tretter

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 03:25 PM

Tretter

Harlan Huckleby
Game of inches... cocks ... ball

http://yucatan.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/beavies.jpg

Joemailman
Gotta cheer for Vikings and 49ers. This sucks.

Rutnstrut
12-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Special teams cost us the game. The O was bad. The only thing to be satisfied with today is the D.

Yeah, I'd be totally happy with a D that misses tackles and can't get a 3 and out when they most need it. But hey, if mediocrity is your thing, have at it.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Any word on Baluga? Career ending??

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Any word on Baluga? Career ending??

Being checked for a concussion.

Harlan Huckleby
12-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Being checked for a concussion.

he's got a head

ThunderDan
Yeah, I'd be totally happy with a D that misses tackles and can't get a 3 and out when they most need it. But hey, if mediocrity is your thing, have at it.

Yep, they did miss tackles. They gave up 253 yards and 12 points. If you can't win after that it isn't the Ds fault.

pittstang5
Like the Detroit game, this is a game they could have won. Nelson doesn't drop that pass, other receivers on the same page, tipped passes. It's just how the ball bounces and today it wasn't good from the start. Gotta win from here out.

Rutnstrut
12-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Bottom line is Rodgers was having an off day, hey it happens to the best. A GOOD coach would have recognized this and found solutions like running the ball more instead of increasing the pass attempts.

pittstang5
12-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Bottom line is Rodgers was having an off day, hey it happens to the best. A GOOD coach would have recognized this and found solutions like running the ball more instead of increasing the pass attempts.

but he seems to continue to have off games on the road. Maybe he should get some lovin for road games. he'd be more relaxed

Harlan Huckleby
12-14-2014, 03:33 PM

They were behind in 2nd half.

In most games, I give the other team credit, like Atlanta last week. I think Packers would have beat this team handily today if the passing game started clicking; even at 75% of normal.

Harlan Huckleby
12-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Sometimes the other guys win. You replay this game 10 times in Buffalo, I bet the Packers win 7 times. There a lot of parity in nfl

mark this post for nomination for genius award

Rutnstrut
12-14-2014, 03:37 PM
They were behind in 2nd half.

In most games, I give the other team credit, like Atlanta last week. I think Packers would have beat this team handily today if the passing game started clicking; even at 75% of normal.

The thing is, the running game was working. Stick with it, hey if Peyton Manning is fine with not throwing any TD's and running the ball to win, I'm sure Rodgers would be ok.

Harlan Huckleby
12-14-2014, 03:39 PM
The thing is, the running game was working. Stick with it, hey if Peyton Manning is fine with not throwing any TD's and running the ball to win, I'm sure Rodgers would be ok.

I don't completely disagree with you. I can also see why they bet Rodgers would catch fire. I am firmly on both sides of this fence.

Rutnstrut
12-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I don't completely disagree with you. I can also see why they bet Rodgers would catch fire. I am firmly on both sides of this fence.

Well how the hell can I argue with you if you do that?;)

esoxx
12-14-2014, 03:44 PM
I say string-up pbmax as sacrificial goat. A killing can cleanse any community. Pbmax was wrong on that last field goal, kill him.

I say string up Guiness. Went to the game did he not???

I'll get the pitchforks, you get the torches.

esoxx
12-14-2014, 03:46 PM

Kind of like Paul Chryst. No wonder you're on board with him.

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 03:47 PM
We simply didn't execute on 'O' ...end of story.

We were ugly on 'O'.

The team has to learn something and take that to a positive. Remember when the LIONS defeated us late in the season that the Packers won their last Super Bowl? That loss was about at the same point in the schedule and the team got it together and ran all the way.

Just like that. :idea:

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 03:48 PM
I say string up Guiness. Went to the game did he not???

I'll get the pitchforks, you get the torches.

His trip back home won't be too hot.

pittstang5
12-14-2014, 03:56 PM
So we need 9ers, vikings. Who else Eagles?

red
12-14-2014, 04:02 PM
THIS THREAD WAS STARTED YESTERDAY, WAS IT NOT?

that was the real problem

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Sure...that's it ...that screwed it !

All the same........

Red PLEASE !

Get the fuck out of that stadium and for fucks sake take off your Packer jersey before you hit the parking lot.

If you can find Guiness both of you run the gauntlet.

esoxx
12-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Bills 20 Packers 19

Pretty close. Thought it would come down to a blocked extra point.

But Slocum did have a hand in this one. Unfortunately.

esoxx
12-14-2014, 04:09 PM
So we need 9ers, vikings. Who else Eagles?

Need 49ers, Vikings & Cowboys.

Especially the 49er's.

red
12-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Sure...that's it ...that screwed it !

All the same........

Red PLEASE !

Get the fuck out of that stadium and for fucks sake take off your Packer jersey before you hit the parking lot.

If you can find Guiness both of you run the gauntlet.

The fuck?

I wouldnt go to that shithole

After today and listening to that fucking train horn, i hope that team becomes the los angeles bills next year

KYPack
12-14-2014, 04:12 PM

Tretter, some good, some bad.

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 04:18 PM
I'll record this because no one would believe it.

Passing....... CP/AT.... YDS.... TD.... INT

A. Rodgers... 17/42... 185...... 0...... 2

QBR = 34.3 .....YIKES !

He's after all ................ human.

esoxx
12-14-2014, 04:21 PM
THIS THREAD WAS STARTED YESTERDAY, WAS IT NOT?

that was the real problem

Yep. That's another strike against Guiness. Really some bad mistakes made.

Your alternative thread was not the problem, as it followed proper form.

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 04:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000443628/article/bills-upset-packers-rodgers-has-careerworst-game

Bills upset Packers; Rodgers has career worst - game.

By: Chris Wesseling ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Dec. 14, 2014 at 04:42 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 14, 2014 at 05:12 p.m.

wist43
12-14-2014, 04:37 PM
I thought the offensive gameplan was a bit flawed... the Bills generate a lot of pass rush, and MM was running a lot routes that took too much time to develop. They didn't get sacks, but they put enough pressure on Rodgers, and that combined with excellent coverage resulted in a lot of errant throws.

I was thinking about the middle of the 2nd quarter - '... do we even have a TE on the roster'?? MM did finally throw to Quarless the beginning of the 2nd half, but by then Buffalo was ready for the adjustment - Buffalo was ready for just about everything for that matter.

The fact that we were able to run the ball a little bit was surprising, but of course we were dead in the water in the passing game - and if we can't pass the ball, we're not likely to win any game.

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 06:56 PM
I thought the offensive gameplan was a bit flawed... the Bills generate a lot of pass rush, and MM was running a lot routes that took too much time to develop. They didn't get sacks, but they put enough pressure on Rodgers, and that combined with excellent coverage resulted in a lot of errant throws.

I was thinking about the middle of the 2nd quarter - '... do we even have a TE on the roster'?? MM did finally throw to Quarless the beginning of the 2nd half, but by then Buffalo was ready for the adjustment - Buffalo was ready for just about everything for that matter.

The fact that we were able to run the ball a little bit was surprising, but of course we were dead in the water in the passing game - and if we can't pass the ball, we're not likely to win any game.

I'm looking at it this way:

For some reason we weren't meant to win in Buffalo.

Guiness
12-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Hello folks!

I had a good five game run, but it came to an end. I hope I'm remembered well, it does look like I was disparaged just a whee bit in here!

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Hello folks!

I had a good five game run, but it came to an end. I hope I'm remembered well, it does look like I was disparaged just a whee bit in here!

Ohh Boy !

Now you'll end up a Vikings fan. :-)

red
12-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Hello folks!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 11:34 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/green-bay-packers-buffalo-bills-20141214002/

" The facts ...just the facts ma'am " Joe Friday

For posterity.....

The whole game's story.

Moving forward......never deterred.

GO PACK GO !