PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Sharpe is inducted into the College Football HOF.

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 08:34 AM
http://www.thestate.com/2014/12/08/3861967/his-burst-broke-the-mold-receiver.html?sp=/99/132/

His burst broke the mold – Sharpe is second Gamecock in College Football Hall of Fame

By NEIL WHITE ... nwhite@thestate.com ... December 8, 2014

Of Sterling Sharpe:

“I would line up there in practice in one-on-one drills and try to go against him. And I’d get beat every single day,”

“You talk about needing thick skin. I’d just keep jumping in there and getting hammered by the guy. He absolutely made me so much of a better football player. I’d get into a regular game, and nobody’s as good as the guy I’d been going against every day in practice.” former USC safety Brad Edwards.

" Edwards is thrilled that Sharpe will be part of the 14-man class in the College Football Hall of Fame, which honors its 2014 inductees in a ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. "

Comment woodbuck27:

This is a good story about great former Packer and NFL WR and today a prominent NFL analyst on the NFL Network and a dedicated Green Bay Packer fan.

vince
12-14-2014, 08:45 AM
Awesome. Dude patented the term BEASTMODE before Lynch knew what a football was.

Pugger
12-14-2014, 09:52 AM
It is unfortunate his career was cut short. He would have really been something and possibly an NFL HOFer if he could have continued to play.

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 06:57 PM
It is unfortunate his career was cut short. He would have really been something and possibly an NFL HOFer if he could have continued to play.

In some games he looked unstoppable.

Sharpe and Favre we're something else.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Bump.