PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: @ Bills Week 15

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:27 PM
For bad luck, Banjo will not be waived Monday.

EDIT: Like the Packer O, this thread starts off with a misfire.

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Fuzzy Thurston is dead.

http://t.co/34RH1hK1v5

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 03:29 PM
When was the last time Jordy was a major reason for a loss?

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Beluga with a head.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 17m17 minutes ago
WIth Bulaga in the locker room with possible concussion, Mario Williams beats JC Tretter to force Rodgers fumble. Lacy recovers for safety.

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:31 PM
When was the last time Jordy was a major reason for a loss?

Kansas City?

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Fuzzy Thurston is dead.

It's been foggy all day, the Packers lost in Buffalo, and Fuzzy Thurston is dead. Just one of those days.

RIP Fuzzy.

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Reason for the fumble rule that resulted in safety (where only Rodgers could recover and advance the ball):

HOLY ROLLER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y1SeAjv5ao

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Todd McMahon ‏@ToddMcMahon23 17m17 minutes ago
In the strange but true, #Packers not only fall to 0-6 at Buffalo but drop to 0-5 vs. #Bills QB Kyle Orton on the road (with 3 teams).

pbmax
12-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 52s53 seconds ago
HC Mike McCarthy at the podium: Tough loss today, we knew it would be a tough place to play. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7s7 seconds ago
MM: I appreciate all of the Packers fans that were here today.
#GBvsBUF #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6s7 seconds ago
MM: Our offense was not balanced today. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 36s37 seconds ago
MM: They made more big plays than we did. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 50s50 seconds ago
MM: We weren’t sharp. These are not the types of numbers we are used to producing. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
MM: Everything we want to accomplish is right in front of us. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Harlan Huckleby
12-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Todd McMahon ‏@ToddMcMahon23 17m17 minutes ago
In the strange but true, #Packers not only fall to 0-6 at Buffalo but drop to 0-5 vs. #Bills QB Kyle Orton on the road (with 3 teams).

Orton has played against Packers as member of Bears, Broncos, Chiefs, Bills. Maybe only 3 of those on road. 5-2, that fucker

Bossman641
12-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Packers had 7 drops today, most by any team in a single game this year

Bossman641
12-14-2014, 03:49 PM
If 6 blocked kicks/punts in a year won't get you fired, what will? FIRE SLOCUM!! FIRE ZOOK!!!

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Orton has played against Packers as member of Bears, Broncos, Chiefs, Bills. Maybe only 3 of those on road. 5-2, that fucker

Orton had very little to do with Packer loss today, in fact, I thought he helped Packers more than hurt.

red
12-14-2014, 04:19 PM
That safety rule is absolutely horrible

So you cant advance the ball, i can see that. But if the fumbling team recoversthen give them the ball at the spot of the fumble or something.

That rule is just so wrong in so many ways

ThunderDan
12-14-2014, 04:33 PM

So you cant advance the ball, i can see that. But if the fumbling team recoversthen give them the ball at the spot of the fumble or something.

Yup, it should only be in effect if the ball is fumbled forward. If it goes backward you should be able to advance.

You can lateral anytime during a play a backwards fumble is no worse than a lateral.

call_me_ishmael
12-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Packers had 7 drops today, most by any team in a single game this year

"drops" though. Rodgers threw a ton of garbage that our guys at least put a hand on it. I can think of 4-5 balls thrown way behind off the top of my head.

The pass to Nelly that was almost picked is the single worst pass I've ever seen Aaron throw. What the hell was that????????

mraynrand
12-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Fuzzy Thurston is dead.

Thanks, I needed something to cheer me up

George Cumby
12-14-2014, 05:32 PM
RiP Mr. Thurston.

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 05:35 PM
HC Mike McCarthy at the podium: Tough loss today, we knew it would be a tough place to play. #Packers #GBvsBUF

#GBvsBUF #Packers

MM: We weren’t sharp. These are not the types of numbers we are used to producing. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Ahh Michael McCarthy?

That's what Seattle is thinking.

pbmax
12-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Rodgers PC

Green Bay Packers @packers · 3h 3 hours ago
Rodgers at the podium: We had some chances and we missed on them. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: We missed a few throws and a few open guys. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: Some days are going to be like this, we set our standards high. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: The (O-)Line did a great job blocking… We just didn’t execute well. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: This is an important time for us to see what kind of character we have. #Packers #GBvsBUF

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Rodgers PC

Rodgers at the podium: We had some chances and we missed on them. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: We missed a few throws and a few open guys. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: Some days are going to be like this, we set our standards high. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: The (O-)Line did a great job blocking… We just didn’t execute well. #Packers #GBvsBUF

Rodgers: This is an important time for us to see what kind of character we have. #Packers #GBvsBUF

They will need more than character to go to Seattle and come away with a win.

pbmax
12-14-2014, 07:29 PM
That much is sure. The NFL has swallowed the whistle on illegal contact and DPI at the end of the year.

ThunderDan
12-14-2014, 09:22 PM
That much is sure. The NFL has swallowed the whistle on illegal contact and DPI at the end of the year.

Which favors SEA at the end of the year.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Rants You Should Ignore:

Packers couldn't get off the field and that cost them TOP: Bills were 4 of 16 on 3rd downs (no 4th down attempts)
--Bills had 3 minute advantage in TOP because of the Packers offense, not the Packer D

FG on second to last drive at Bills 16 made sense with 4.5 minutes left: Packers were in red zone twice ALL GAME
--odds of getting that close again with limited possessions were NIL. That was the time to use both 3rd and 4th down to get another first and try to score.
--Throw into end zone was just a terrible play. Not the least of which because Cobb was open.
--Packers would be able to run in red zone
--Long passing game had not worked all game
--Trying to get into FG position with less than 2 minutes remaining is FAR easier and Crosby would have had the wind

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56381/BUF_Gamebook.pdf

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 11:18 AM

Coach's would be insane not to test the refs on this. I would mug the receivers from the start of the game and force the officials to declare what they will call. The same thing happened last year SF at GB. Refs swallowed the whistle and only called gross holding. Probably was a wash though, because House mugged receivers several times; Jordy and Cobb got mugged once each. Helps to have a running game, a TE, and a WR who can get open against press coverage.

denverYooper
12-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 14m14 minutes ago
I didnt see this on TV... 1st Rambo INT, Nelson wide open!!! Busted coverage...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46ZijDIQAAmZk0.png:large

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 11:31 AM
^^^ saw that during the game. Poor vision by Rodgers, but you have to think he's feeling the pressure. Coachspeak claimed he assumed the safety help would go to Jordy and that Cobb would be open. Dubious explanation.

denverYooper
12-15-2014, 11:38 AM
#Packers Bulaga.. MVP without the ball. Get well BB... Coulda used this in the 4th @BBulaga pic.twitter.com/AJOUD5O9B0
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46SXlAIAAALj3B.png:medium

Welcome to Bulaga Island, Mario Williams... @BBulaga pic.twitter.com/a7prLzOym7
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46TnDeIIAA0rDR.png:medium

AR extends plays bc OL doesnt quit.. Bulaga gives up leak inside, stays on block & washes MW inside (@DBak69 solid) pic.twitter.com/aadAxMOs3h
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46UrLWCIAEPsg3.png:medium

Joemailman
12-15-2014, 11:38 AM
^^^ saw that during the game. Poor vision by Rodgers, but you have to think he's feeling the pressure. Coachspeak claimed he assumed the safety help would go to Jordy and that Cobb would be open. Dubious explanation.

Rodgers was able to step up into the pocket. There was no real pressure on that play. He just misread the safety.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Yeah, the thing I don't understand is why he was so nervous?? Happy feet causing him to miss numerous throws, narrowed vision, its not like he was getting mucho pressure. Maybe something he saw on film got to his head?

denverYooper
12-15-2014, 11:43 AM
A positive pass rush grade for Mario?! ..No way! @PFF ...batted pass and big sack/FF against a backup

Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 6m6 minutes ago
Thought he gave up escape lanes and never retraces pass rush... Runs himself high behind QB here, easy step up for AR
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46epfsCIAAoCyz.png:large

pbmax
12-15-2014, 11:49 AM

M3's explanation is precisely what I thought happened. Rodgers will look off safeties several times a game. He never even glanced again at the single safety. He threw a lollipop that spoke to his belief that Randall Cobb would be wide open by 10 yards when the ball got there. It was a case where they got the coverage and alignment matched up with their play call precisely as they hoped and Rodgers threw it like it would all unfold as it did in film study and the whiteboard. They had expected that safety to stay deep with Nelson since Wednesday's game plan.

But the safety took a risk by sticking with Rodgers eyes and it paid off. If 12 had seen him, he would have lofted the easiest TD to Nelson of the season because no way that safety gets to Nelson while standing waiting for the throw to Cobb.

But it speaks to the incredible sequence of terrible events in this game that despite picking the wrong receiver, it STILL would have been completed if he fired it to Cobb. A big throw would have still beat the safety. Only the Packers of yesterday could have two wide open receivers on one play and still throw a pick.

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Rodgers was able to step up into the pocket. There was no real pressure on that play. He just misread the safety.

I think there was a bit of a psyche job going on. McCarthy tells the team Buffalo will be the toughest place they will play in, so maybe they all go in with some trepidation. And Rodgers has been hit - repeatedly - by teams like Buffalo. So maybe there was this expectation of a hit, maybe as much as the hits themselves, that's throwing him off. Stubby better get that fixed.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the thing I don't understand is why he was so nervous?? Happy feet causing him to miss numerous throws, narrowed vision, its not like he was getting mucho pressure. Maybe something he saw on film got to his head?

Ever watch an inferior basketball team with some quickness do ball denial for their entire defense? Its not usually sound if carried to extremes, but if the opponent is not ready, the more talented team will look like children versus men.

Schwartz had the most aggressive and risky plan you could devise while still rushing only four players to the QB. They jumped routes, safeties read the QB and did not bother to stay deep and they pressed off the line.

The Packers game planned for pass rush and had some quick throws on the play list. The Bills jumped all over them and the Packers never figured it out. By the time they realized they could both run and pass protect, Nelson drops the ball, Rodgers ignores a safety for a pick and M3 stops calling runs. That defense is good but its not that good. The Packers never asserted their strengths. Then Bulaga gets knocked out ....

Fritz
12-15-2014, 11:58 AM

#GBvsBUF #Packers

Ummm....does he know who's calling the plays for his offense?

This is what kills me. The dude can see what kind of day Rodgers and the receivers were having. He could see that the run-blocking was good. He's got the home town boy, Starks, and even DuJuan Harris, for whom supposedly Mikey designed a whole package of plays for last year before he got hurt.

I don't get it.

Despite this rant, I'm not as concerned with the offense here as I am the special teams. This will be the bugaboo that will undo this team.

And hey...who's Bryan Baluga? The announcers kept saying we had a right tackle by that name.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Jason Wilde is having a passive aggressive pout about Tom Clements' lack of candor. This is a week after he was on the radio saying the lack of media presence might have cost Clements a chance at being a head coach (an idea that is probably not without merit).

First, there were Tweets about Clements' meeting with reporters today like this:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 43m43 minutes ago
Tom Clements on Rodgers: "You can make an assessment. I'm not going to talk about individual players."

And then Wilde weighed in later with:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 24m24 minutes ago
I hope Joe Philbin survives in Miami and has a long, prosperous career as a head coach. But I wish he was still #Packers off. coordinator.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 04:34 PM
McCarthy Monday Post Motem

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy on the offense: As with rest of team, too many mental errors. Most since first quarter of season. Ball-handling poor. Blocking good

Plenty to like on defense other than tackling. Haven't handled "transition" without Sitton and Lang on kick protection.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m6 minutes ago
MM on missing Lang/Sitton on blocked kicks: "We continue to work different players in there and our opponents continue to challenge us."

SLOCUM WILL NOT BE FIRED!

"I thought we were poised for a big day," McCarthy said

MM thought had good balance running/throwing. Wishes he had a couple play-calls back but had players in position to make plays.

SO MUCH FOR BALANCE

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy thought team would win "decisively." Punt returned changed game.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING AFTER THE FIRST DRIVE RUNNING THE FOOTBALL

MM on special-teams woes past several weeks: Focus of GB's and focus of opponent. Identity has been evaluated; teams see weaknesses.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
Sitton and Lang have had "some rough Wednesdays and Thursdays" which is why they're not on PAT/FG units. Unique skill to kick protect.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago
Asked on Lacy/run game again, McCarthy repeats that he's "very comfortable with the way the game was called."

OOOFF. THINKING AHEAD, HE HAS LIED ABOUT THIS IN THE PAST WHILE MAKING ADJUSTMENTS BEHIND THE SCENES

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers got highest grade on adjustments. MM confident in flexibility of game plan.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy says House is progressing but will be "hard-pressed" to play with this week. On Bulaga, no update.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 41s42 seconds ago
McCarthy on Rodgers: "He feels great. He was hardly touched yesterday. I look for him to have a big day in Tampa."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46s47 seconds ago
MM on officiating on outside: "Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't." Not an excuse. Mad at own pre-snap penalties.

red
12-15-2014, 04:45 PM

Yeah, i saw it on the one replay too. How can a rod not see jordy throwing his hands up

Shows that he must have really been locked in on cobb

Freak Out
12-15-2014, 04:57 PM

They sure have....I was surprised but shouldn't have been. On that last play the DB covering Nelson basically grabbed him and hugged him the whole way down the field.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, Tom Clements!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/285886491.html

On if it’s hard to understand the drops: Yes.

On why that is: I don’t know. It’s hard to understand.

On if that’s unusual: I would agree with that, yeah.

Patler
12-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah, i saw it on the one replay too. How can a rod not see jordy throwing his hands up

Shows that he must have really been locked in on cobb

Isn't that the one about which Rodgers said that Cobb was the second read on the play, Nelson the third. The first read was covered, Cobb was open, so he threw and never got as far as Nelson.

denverYooper
12-15-2014, 06:40 PM

Sounds like he watches tape of Hoody's conferences.

Pugger
12-15-2014, 06:47 PM
#Packers Bulaga.. MVP without the ball. Get well BB... Coulda used this in the 4th @BBulaga pic.twitter.com/AJOUD5O9B0
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46SXlAIAAALj3B.png:medium

Welcome to Bulaga Island, Mario Williams... @BBulaga pic.twitter.com/a7prLzOym7
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46TnDeIIAA0rDR.png:medium

AR extends plays bc OL doesnt quit.. Bulaga gives up leak inside, stays on block & washes MW inside (@DBak69 solid) pic.twitter.com/aadAxMOs3h
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B46UrLWCIAEPsg3.png:medium

Bulaga and the entire O line had a nice game and this fact gives me hope if we have to face another D like this again going forward.

Pugger
12-15-2014, 06:52 PM
McCarthy Monday Post Motem

McCarthy on the offense: As with rest of team, too many mental errors. Most since first quarter of season. Ball-handling poor. Blocking good

Plenty to like on defense other than tackling. Haven't handled "transition" without Sitton and Lang on kick protection.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m6 minutes ago
MM on missing Lang/Sitton on blocked kicks: "We continue to work different players in there and our opponents continue to challenge us."

SLOCUM WILL NOT BE FIRED!

"I thought we were poised for a big day," McCarthy said

MM thought had good balance running/throwing. Wishes he had a couple play-calls back but had players in position to make plays.

SO MUCH FOR BALANCE

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy thought team would win "decisively." Punt returned changed game.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING AFTER THE FIRST DRIVE RUNNING THE FOOTBALL

MM on special-teams woes past several weeks: Focus of GB's and focus of opponent. Identity has been evaluated; teams see weaknesses.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
Sitton and Lang have had "some rough Wednesdays and Thursdays" which is why they're not on PAT/FG units. Unique skill to kick protect.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago
Asked on Lacy/run game again, McCarthy repeats that he's "very comfortable with the way the game was called."

OOOFF. THINKING AHEAD, HE HAS LIED ABOUT THIS IN THE PAST WHILE MAKING ADJUSTMENTS BEHIND THE SCENES

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers got highest grade on adjustments. MM confident in flexibility of game plan.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy says House is progressing but will be "hard-pressed" to play with this week. On Bulaga, no update.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 41s42 seconds ago
McCarthy on Rodgers: "He feels great. He was hardly touched yesterday. I look for him to have a big day in Tampa."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46s47 seconds ago
MM on officiating on outside: "Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't." Not an excuse. Mad at own pre-snap penalties.

If Rodgers and his receivers were playing like they have all year and connected on a couple of long balls for TDs we wouldn't be talking about the playcalling, would we?

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Rants You Should Ignore:

Packers couldn't get off the field and that cost them TOP: Bills were 4 of 16 on 3rd downs (no 4th down attempts)
--Bills had 3 minute advantage in TOP because of the Packers offense, not the Packer D

FG on second to last drive at Bills 16 made sense with 4.5 minutes left: Packers were in red zone twice ALL GAME
--odds of getting that close again with limited possessions were NIL. That was the time to use both 3rd and 4th down to get another first and try to score.
--Throw into end zone was just a terrible play. Not the least of which because Cobb was open.
--Packers would be able to run in red zone
--Long passing game had not worked all game
--Trying to get into FG position with less than 2 minutes remaining is FAR easier and Crosby would have had the wind

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56381/BUF_Gamebook.pdf

After some more thought on that play. I agree with you.

Slide 'all the chips' to the center of the table....right there.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 09:29 PM
If Rodgers and his receivers were playing like they have all year and connected on a couple of long balls for TDs we wouldn't be talking about the playcalling, would we?

Nope. But as has happened too often in the past, there must be (and occasionally used) a Plan B.

George Cumby
12-15-2014, 11:30 PM

This is an interesting point. Greg Cosell (?) of NFL films does a post mortem on Niners Games every Monday out here on KNBR, which is a pretty damn good sports radio station. Virtually every show, he throws out that he doesn't discuss, dissect play calling as there is so much preparation, game planning and thought going into it, he feels he is TOO IGNORANT to comment intelligently on the play calls. I find this striking that a professional who studies film for a living doesn't criticize play calls. Maybe it's a mandate from the Brass or professional courtesy or maybe he knows something we don't.

But, we're fans, so we have that luxury...........

MadScientist
12-16-2014, 02:11 AM

and a few other pearls from Tom:

On what he saw the second interception: I saw an interception.
and perhaps the most honest thing a coach has said in a PC ever:

On if Clements himself ever wants to tell us to “relax:” Not relax. Maybe something else.

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 07:59 AM

That was a "so there" Presser. He threw the personality away.

Maybe? Clements is aware of recent events in Chicago.

" I ain't saying nothing."

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 08:13 AM
and a few other pearls from Tom:

and perhaps the most honest thing a coach has said in a PC ever:

Sometimes yet rarely the Press takes it that way:

ie Jay Cutlers Press Conference after his horrible 'no effort" on MNF last night with the NO Saints @ Chicago. He was asked 1-2 questions and nada. It was funny and at the same time alarming to watch.

That game last night was never in doubt. The contrast between the two QB's evident as Drew Brees put on a Franchise QB clinic.

They've got a huge problem in Chicago. Something must be done about jay Cutler. That man is living on his own planet.

Is this your image of a Franchise QB? :

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqROR-cFl5tqaiZZgnwzTNfQ5tNoONQNes9ezk_2pKiebXzzfyRQ

call_me_ishmael
12-17-2014, 12:14 AM
I like this thread every week. WTF is banjo, though?

Pugger
12-17-2014, 01:08 AM

The reason we have this stupid rule is because years ago a Raider player "fumbled" the ball forward INTO the end zone and Casper fell on it for a TD. The league wanted to discourage this so now in the last 2 minutes of a game if you fumble the ball the only player who can recover and advance the ball is the guy who fumbled. The situation we had in Buffalo is so different that the one that prompted this rule it is ridiculous. There is no way the offense was going to score in that situation if another player other than the one who fumbled touches the ball first. Hell, Rodgers fumbled the ball BACKWARDS and into the opponent's end zone. I can understand the spirit of the rule but it should be amended for a situation like what happened to us on Sunday.

Striker
12-17-2014, 01:22 AM
The reason we have this stupid rule is because years ago a Raider player "fumbled" the ball forward INTO the end zone and Casper fell on it for a TD. The league wanted to discourage this so now in the last 2 minutes of a game if you fumble the ball the only player who can recover and advance the ball is the guy who fumbled. The situation we had in Buffalo is so different that the one that prompted this rule it is ridiculous. There is no way the offense was going to score in that situation if another player other than the one who fumbled touches the ball first. Hell, Rodgers fumbled the ball BACKWARDS and into the opponent's end zone. I can understand the spirit of the rule but it should be amended for a situation like what happened to us on Sunday.

It should be amended to simply you can't advance a ball farther than the original LoS or the spot of the fumble, whichever is farther. Voila, problem solved.

mraynrand
12-17-2014, 04:45 AM
The holy roller rule should have never been established to begin with. If a player wants to risk a turnover by deliberately fumbling the ball in a desperate chance to win, God love 'em.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-17-2014, 05:10 AM
The holy roller rule should have never been established to begin with. If a player wants to risk a turnover by deliberately fumbling the ball in a desperate chance to win, God love 'em.

Yeah, dumb rule but in Sunday's case, I don't think we made it back out of end zone anyway. So safety in either case.

It will be interesting to see how MM reacts to this loss in the upcoming games. Does he call the same tired ass game plan? Or does he go all ape shit and actually come up with something to counter the aggressive D's we will face?

If the later, I will actually change my opinion and call him a great, well at least good, coach.

mraynrand
12-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Yeah, dumb rule but in Sunday's case, I don't think we made it back out of end zone anyway. So safety in either case.

It will be interesting to see how MM reacts to this loss in the upcoming games. Does he call the same tired ass game plan? Or does he go all ape shit and actually come up with something to counter the aggressive D's we will face?

If the later, I will actually change my opinion and call him a great, well at least good, coach.

I agree that Lacy wasn't gonna get the entire ball out of the zone, but who knows because the whistle was being blown and that changed everything. Still to your point about Stubby: He changed up calls to protect Tretter's side up until that final play. How stupid was that - he even admitted he made a mistake. Right before that fateful play, I was saying that the Packers could still run the ball and pick up chunks of yards. They had 2 minutes. Starting on your own 10 with a newbie LT, running might have been a good idea.

woodbuck27
12-17-2014, 06:55 AM

I don't like the ruling per say but it's moot:

What you saw.....that's how I saw it. Lacy didn't get the ball out of the end zone.

denverYooper
12-17-2014, 08:18 AM

I thought the ref stopped him right after he picked up the ball and he'd only made a halfhearted attempt to get out of the endzone.

denverYooper
12-17-2014, 08:20 AM
I agree that Lacy wasn't gonna get the entire ball out of the zone, but who knows because the whistle was being blown and that changed everything. Still to your point about Stubby: He changed up calls to protect Tretter's side up until that final play. How stupid was that - he even admitted he made a mistake. Right before that fateful play, I was saying that the Packers could still run the ball and pick up chunks of yards. They had 2 minutes. Starting on your own 10 with a newbie LT, running might have been a good idea.

I thought they'd start off with a run also. From the TV angle, it looked like there was a huge alley in the defensive right, near big enough to drive a Mack truck (or Lacy) through.

mraynrand
12-17-2014, 08:31 AM
I thought the ref stopped him right after he picked up the ball and he'd only made a halfhearted attempt to get out of the endzone.

That's what I saw too.

mraynrand
12-17-2014, 08:32 AM
a Mack truck (or Lacy)

no need to be redundant

Guiness
12-17-2014, 10:13 AM

Did you mean RT, or did I miss a re-alignment on that play?

mraynrand
12-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Did you mean RT, or did I miss a re-alignment on that play?

Ya, RT is correct - Tretter.

pbmax
12-17-2014, 03:07 PM

Exactly. That play was beautiful. Of course, it I were a Chargers fan, I would want Casper's head on a pike.

pbmax
12-17-2014, 03:14 PM
I like this thread every week. WTF is banjo, though?

Stolen from Bill Simmons old "More Cowbell" column. That was a reference to this SNL skit. Banjo, of course, is the Packers safety who almost single handedly saved 2013. :lol:

The idea was to answer all the lingering questions after the end of the game before everything ended up in the Game Discussion for the following game. Or at the end of 400 ranting posts at the end of the Game Day thread. Who was injured, why was that guy so open, etc.

http://vimeo.com/55624839