PDA

View Full Version : Reffing

dufferole
12-14-2014, 04:30 PM
I hate to start my 1st post with complaining about the refs but it was obvious to me that the dbacks were all over our receivers after 5 yards. What happened to the preseason emphasis on the 5 yard rule? I hope the wise posters on Packerrats can help me out on my bewilderment. I see it week in and out and hardly any flags are thrown. Did the rule change? Are the refs cheating? I need to know.

mraynrand
12-14-2014, 05:24 PM
whistles were swallowed

woodbuck27
12-14-2014, 05:37 PM
I hate to start my 1st post with complaining about the refs but it was obvious to me that the dbacks were all over our receivers after 5 yards. What happened to the preseason emphasis on the 5 yard rule? I hope the wise posters on Packerrats can help me out on my bewilderment. I see it week in and out and hardly any flags are thrown. Did the rule change? Are the refs cheating? I need to know.

The 'FIX' was in.

dufferole
12-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Why have the rule? I have a dislike of refs. They do not answer to anyone.

Tyrion Lannister
12-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Why have the rule? I have a dislike of refs. They do not answer to anyone.

Rodgers was out of sync. Special teams stunk. Defense couldn't get off the field against a mediocre "game manager" in Orton, thus allowing Orton to milk too much of the clock. Tackling was awful. Drops. Tretter.

In the "Fail Mary" game, the refs "arguably" cost the Packers the game. Not this one. Green Bay got its butt kicked by an inferior team. Plain and simple. IMHO.