PDA

View Full Version : Where's the 'FIRE' Mike ?

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 07:09 AM
http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Mike-McCarthy-Our-offense-was-not-balanced-today/6deeca91-b4f1-4937-99b7-77930cbb748e

ALL ...... Mike McCarthy. Post Packers @ Bills game presser Sunday 14 Dec. 2014

" Tough loss today. "

" This is where we are. We've got Tampa next week. We've got an opportunity to get to eleven wins. Everything we want to accomplish is in front of us. That will be our focus as we try to get back to Green bay and correct the video...tomorrow and move on to Tampa. "

" We've got to correct it ...we've got to learn from it. "

Ohh ....... OK Mike....... I see .... Plan 'B'.

Comment woodbuck27:

Where is .................... 'the FIRE' Mike McCarthy? Your team just tossed away their best chance at wining the Super Bowl with the NO. 1 NFC Seed. Plan 'B"...... OK then.

I am impressed that you acknowledged the Packer fan support. That's admirable Mike.

So yes...it is what it is and it's now simply a matter of picking up the pieces and moving forward to Tampa.

Gee... I am a Green Bay Packer fan. Can't you hear Mike McCarthy saying what is immediately above?

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Post Game .......... FIRE !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcBFZ26lcI&t=4m35s

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 07:19 AM
More Post Game ... FIRE ! ... Passion !!

Top 10 NFL Post Game Tirades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N3-x8XjftQ

hoosier
12-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Rah rah rah. Denny Green and Mike Singletary were never lacking for "FIRE". Let's compare their accomplishments to MMs.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Rah rah rah.

Different personalities ... different strokes for different folks.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 07:45 AM
I wish I had a GIF of him losing his mind over the holding call after the long Cobb play late in the game. I thought he was going to keel over.

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 07:50 AM
dumb

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 07:51 AM
I wish I had a GIF of him losing his mind over the holding call after the long Cobb play late in the game. I thought he was going to keel over.

Ohh yea.

McCarthy = Irish.

He can get there.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 08:09 AM
dumb

So for an opinion you have the prick parts to take a reputation point away from me.

Tit for tat !?

NO !

Your pathetic in your hatred. You exist here for one reason. To FLAME !

To slime Packerrats.

YOU SUCK your own slime.

Zool
12-15-2014, 08:28 AM
I guess I'll have to agree with Rand. A guy loses a road game to a team with a really tough defense and he should be fired? Can we fire you for starting threads like this?

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 08:33 AM
I guess I'll have to agree with Rand. A guy loses a road game to a team with a really tough defense and he should be fired? Can we fire you for starting threads like this?

Excuse me !?

With all respect. Where do I call for Mike McCarthy to be FIRED in this thread?

Nowhere Man!

Secondly .... Please.... try to observe better. Knee jerk... jumping in like this 'only' causes more trouble.

I'm NOT the 'BAD GUY" here Zool. Try to open your mind please.

I'm merely wondering where the fire (the passion) was in Mike McCarthy ... post game.

Zool
12-15-2014, 08:41 AM
In my defense, your threads are nigh impossible to make sense out of.

When you said "Where is .................... 'the FIRE' Mike McCarthy? Your team just tossed away their best chance at wining the Super Bowl with the NO. 1 NFC Seed. Plan 'B"...... OK then." I guess I misinterpreted that as you asking where the Fire Mike McCarthy thread is located. My mistake.

Joemailman
12-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Tony Dungy once said, "When we win, people say I'm in control. When we lose, people say I'm too laid back."

ThunderDan
12-15-2014, 08:47 AM
I much prefer a coach who removes the emotion and can look at what went wrong objectively and try to fix it.

Getting up and screaming and ranting is what 3 year olds do not professionals. It's like people think that the players aren't "really" trying and if you just yell at them you will get "more" out of them.

Zool
12-15-2014, 08:47 AM
I much prefer a coach who removes the emotion and can look at what went wrong objectively and try to fix it.

Getting up and screaming and ranting is what 3 year olds do not professionals. It's like people think that the players aren't "really" trying and if you just yell at them you will get "more" out of them.

So this isn't the military?

ThunderDan
12-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Look at Kevin Green for the Pack. A lot of guys here loved him because he was such a "rah rah" emotional coach. Then he leaves and OLB play this year has improved to maybe the best unit on the field.

hoosier
12-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Different personalities ... different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, I spose. But I am offering a specific rebuttal of your plea for more passion: two examples of where passion does not equate with success but rather the opposite. You could probably find a couple of examples of "fiery" coaches who done good, but I will bet you a case of Spotted Cow that history is on my side on this one. I'm trying to get beyond the stupidity of reducing everything to opinion. What do you say?

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 08:53 AM
In my defense, your threads are nigh impossible to make sense out of.

When you said "Where is .................... 'the FIRE' Mike McCarthy? Your team just tossed away their best chance at wining the Super Bowl with the NO. 1 NFC Seed. Plan 'B"...... OK then." I guess I misinterpreted that as you asking where the Fire Mike McCarthy thread is located. My mistake.

Zool....

The Title of this thread is simply:

" Where's the 'FIRE' Mike ? " ............. verbatim

Otherwise ....it's cool Man.

GO PACK GO !

Zool
12-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Putting quotes around it does not differentiate between something burning and removing someone from their place of employment. I get it now, but first blush is not easy to grasp. Maybe it's all the paint I've been huffing.

ThunderDan
12-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I spose. But I am offering a specific rebuttal of your plea for more passion: two examples of where passion does not equate with success but rather the opposite. You could probably find a couple of examples of "fiery" coaches who done good, but I will bet you a case of Spotted Cow that history is on my side on this one. I'm trying to get beyond the stupidity of reducing everything to opinion. What do you say?

I'll see your Vince Lombardi and raise you a Tom Landry and Chuck Noll.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 09:00 AM

Actually this thread was inspired as a result of a follow up to a post by Guiness.

I'd never seen the Jerry Burns 'Uncensored' - Minnesota Vikings Post Game Presser before today.

I watched that with Mae thuis morning at breakfast and we had a hearty laugh. We thought it was outrageously hilarious.

I had watched MM's post game presser yesterday. I was drawn to the contrast in these two men in their presser's and that led to this thread.

I agree that in most instances ... Cool is the shoe.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Putting quotes around it does not differentiate between something burning and removing someone from their place of employment. I get it now, but first blush is not easy to grasp. Maybe it's all the paint I've been huffing.

It's OK. :-)

hoosier
12-15-2014, 09:22 AM
I'll see your Vince Lombardi and raise you a Tom Landry and Chuck Noll.

That's pretty good, but can you match this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzM1M4Kq8oE

Pugger
12-15-2014, 09:22 AM

It was rather refreshing to see a little passion from Mike. We were getting hosed a lot yesterday. I'm still pissed they didn't flag the Bills for tackling Jordy 3 yards out of bounds yesterday. :x

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 09:25 AM
It was rather refreshing to see a little passion from Mike. We were getting hosed a lot yesterday. I'm still pissed they didn't flag the Bills for tackling Jordy 3 yards out of bounds yesterday. :x

Was 'the fix' in?

Pugger
12-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Was 'the fix' in?

I hope not. I did find it rather peculiar that this officiating crew did not flag EITHER team for defensive holding or DPI (that I can recall).

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 09:55 AM
I hope not. I did find it rather peculiar that this officiating crew did not flag EITHER team for defensive holding or DPI (that I can recall).

Some crews penalize to ad nauseam.

Other's allow both teams to play it out.

It's also like that in the NHL.

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 10:45 AM
So for an opinion you have the prick parts to take a reputation point away from me.

Tit for tat !?

NO !

Your pathetic in your hatred. You exist here for one reason. To FLAME !

To slime Packerrats.

YOU SUCK your own slime.

lunatic

George Cumby
12-15-2014, 10:50 AM
:eyes::eyes:

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 11:24 AM
lunatic

'M' try to keep up.

Your as usual slipping. :-)

You start a Flame and then hide under the cover of the victim.

It's OVER >>>> You lose.

Your on ignore and to post me now ....would describe you perfectly.

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 11:26 AM
'M' try to keep up.

Your as usual slipping. :-)

You start a Flame and then hide under the cover of the victim.

Your pathetic.

I'm on FIRE!!! Wait until you see my press conference!

Rutnstrut
12-15-2014, 11:41 AM

I liked that when I saw it, I was like well shit there is something that fires stubby up.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Post Game .......... FIRE !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcBFZ26lcI&t=4m35s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Burns

Here's another Green Bay Packer that left the organization and became a Minnesota Viking:

** Jerry Burns was only 38 years of age when he was fired at Iowa. He moved on to the Green Bay Packers of the NFL and served for two years as an assistant coach to Vince Lombardi in 1966 and 1967 when the Packers won Super Bowl I and Super Bowl II

** Burns served as Minnesota's offensive coordinator for the next 18 years, from 1968–1985. During that time, the Vikings made the playoffs 12 times, won 11 division titles, and played in four Super Bowls.

** Burns was named as the 4th head coach of the Minnesota Vikings on January 7, 1986. He coached Minnesota for six years, from 1986 to 1991. Burns compiled a record of 52–43 and led the Vikings to the playoffs three times

Jerry Burns was a successful NFL Assist. to the Head Coach (GREEN BAY), Offensive Coordinator and Head Coach ( Minnesota) and is alive and 87 Years of age.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Look at Kevin Green for the Pack. A lot of guys here loved him because he was such a "rah rah" emotional coach. Then he leaves and OLB play this year has improved to maybe the best unit on the field.

The LB personnel is improved since Kevin Green was in Green Bay.

A good coach needs good to work with.

MadtownPacker
12-15-2014, 12:17 PM
It was a good loss before the playoffs start. Just an AFC game anyways.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 12:19 PM

Yes.

Tyrion Lannister
12-15-2014, 05:08 PM

I am still pissed Nelson dropped that TD.

You should've seen me: Alone in my parents basement goin' "Fuck!" more times than Tom Brady in the Packers-Patriots game.

Joemailman
12-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I am still pissed Nelson dropped that TD.

Just think of the people who had him in fantasy football. 16.4 points in the league I'm in.

Pugger
12-15-2014, 07:01 PM

Yup, get our crappy play out of our system before January.

Tyrion Lannister
12-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Just think of the people who had him in fantasy football. 16.4 points in the league I'm in.

In one league, I started Cobb, Nelson and Rodgers against the Bills. Needless to say, my season in that league is over. Hopefully that's not the case with the Packers' season. Remember, the Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5 the year Favre played in New York.