PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Game

Tony Oday
12-15-2014, 10:24 AM
The Packers were on a roll. Nothing could stop us from getting another trophy that the Vikings have to pay tickets to see. Then the Bills...well now the Packers can look at what went wrong, win out and get home field advantage in the playoffs and maybe a warm up game in Glendale in the playoffs.

I would rather have an off game with two left than in the opening round of the playoffs.

denverYooper
12-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Home field throughout is a stretch unless Arians can do Green Bay a solid next week.

But I agree that this game can be a much-needed gut check.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 10:33 AM
The Packers were on a roll. Nothing could stop us from getting another trophy that the Vikings have to pay tickets to see. Then the Bills...well now the Packers can look at what went wrong, win out and get home field advantage in the playoffs and maybe a warm up game in Glendale in the playoffs.

I would rather have an off game with two left than in the opening round of the playoffs.

Recall Week 14 of the 2010 Season and the result Vs the Detroit Lions.

Wasn't that worse?

How did it go for Packer Nation after that loss?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Green_Bay_Packers_season#Week_14

GO PACK GO !

SkinBasket
12-15-2014, 10:42 AM
This was a perfect game to lose. And I liked how they lost it - balls out failure all over the field. Even the officiating was terrible - probably the worst I've seen this year. Would rather the whole fucking team falls apart for a week than one aspect be exposed and exploited for a loss. Also, McCarthy looks cute when he's mad.

George Cumby
12-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Agreed. Better now than in January. That being said, it's time to gut check by pulling their collective heads out of their collective asses.

MadtownPacker
12-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Agree with all, perfect timing for this kind of game. Fuck the #1 seed, what good has homefield done the last couple of NFCC games? Win one at home then go to AZ for great passing weather.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Agree with all, perfect timing for this kind of game. Fuck the #1 seed, what good has homefield done the last couple of NFCC games? Win one at home then go to AZ for great passing weather.

Good point and better passing conditions. Then it to a large extent comes down to the best QB on that day.

The team has to somehow get this "we're just not very good on the road mentality " removed somehow.

Collectively 'the team' has to return to TEAM.

GO PACK GO !

Fritz
12-15-2014, 02:15 PM

I'm kinda thinking this. Good timing for an end-of-the-season clusterf#*!k.

I'm only worried that ST will be the only unit not to be able to pull its head out of its ass.

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Yeah, road losses to an AFC foe are the least damaging. The loss itself isn't the problem, it's what it exposes that is. PKD™

Maxie the Taxi
12-16-2014, 07:50 PM
I think we're better as underdogs. We're also better when the players feel they have something to prove. I guess that's the chip on the shoulder Fritz talks about. Rodgers was starting to believe his press clippings. Maybe Nelson was too. All this talk about how great we are had me nervous. I was worried this season would be 2011 over again. Now that we're humbled we can go to Tampa with a clear head and beat the crap out of them which will put is in the right frame of mind to beat Detroit. Then peak as the playoffs start.

No worries. We'll be fine.

R - E - L - A - X.

channtheman
12-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Packers win their next 2 they have a first round bye regardless of anyone else winning or losing. The #1 overall seed requires a bit of help. That said, this really was the perfect game to lose and to lose it in such a shitty fashion where almost no one played well (thinking about Lacy here) was even better as far as wake up calls go. Everyone can rethink what's going on and recharge for a late season and playoff run.

I am a bit bothered by our offenses inability to really do anything against good defenses all year. It's tough to see that the early games against the Seahawks and Lions were not flukes. I don't know what this team has to do but I'm not confident that we beat any team with a good defense. QB seems to matter less in those games and Orton just beat us. The Cardinals have 11 wins because of their defense despite having a carousel at the QB position due to injuries.

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 10:39 PM
I think we're better as underdogs. We're also better when the players feel they have something to prove. I guess that's the chip on the shoulder Fritz talks about. Rodgers was starting to believe his press clippings. Maybe Nelson was too. All this talk about how great we are had me nervous. I was worried this season would be 2011 over again. Now that we're humbled we can go to Tampa with a clear head and beat the crap out of them which will put is in the right frame of mind to beat Detroit. Then peak as the playoffs start.

No worries. We'll be fine.

R - E - L - A - X.

YUP !

R - E - L - A - X

PACKERS !