PDA

View Full Version : The Official Week 16 Other Games Thread - Go Redcoats, BearDown and Cowgirls(?)

Tyrion Lannister
12-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Anyone watching tonite's Titian-Jaguar battle for southern subparity? Cos I'm not.

That pbmax has me confused. A Packers win plus a Cowboys win = playoffs for Packers? JSO, ESPN, CBSsports and JohnElwayIsAGod.com all say so.

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Great game

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Bortles and James

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/16724.png&w=350&h=254http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/1966.png&w=350&h=254

woodbuck27
12-18-2014, 10:40 PM
The game went about as one might expect.

Two teams struggling for or to avoid all the hype associated with owning the NO. 1 Draft Pick.

One team Tennessee better on 'O' than the other Jacksonville with a superior 'D' and at home.

Question:

Which team do you pick when straws separate them in overall efficiency?

Right !

That team won the game.

pbmax
12-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Anyone watching tonite's Titian-Jaguar battle for southern subparity? Cos I'm not.

That pbmax has me confused. A Packers win plus a Cowboys win = playoffs for Packers? JSO, ESPN, CBSsports and JohnElwayIsAGod.com all say so.

NFL.com still says nope. The only way a Cowboys win puts the Pack in this week is if its combined with an Eagles loss OR combined with a Packers and Eagles games both ending in a tie.

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:
1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444723/article/which-teams-can-clinch-a-playoff-spot-during-week-16?icampaign=Playoffpicture_news

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 11:01 PM

Two teams struggling for or to avoid all the hype associated with owning the NO. 1 Draft Pick.

fans care about this crap. Players on the field really don't.

HarveyWallbangers
12-18-2014, 11:53 PM
NFL.com still says nope. The only way a Cowboys win puts the Pack in this week is if its combined with an Eagles loss OR combined with a Packers and Eagles games both ending in a tie.

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:
1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444723/article/which-teams-can-clinch-a-playoff-spot-during-week-16?icampaign=Playoffpicture_news

I think you are mixing it up, if I'm understanding. The scenario above is an or situation. A Packers win + Eagles loss gets the Packers in OR Packers win + Cowboys win. If the Cowboys win or Eagles lose, the Cowboys clinch the East. The Packers own the tiebreaker against the Eagles.

pbmax
12-19-2014, 08:33 AM
I think you are mixing it up, if I'm understanding. The scenario above is an or situation. A Packers win + Eagles loss gets the Packers in OR Packers win + Cowboys win. If the Cowboys win or Eagles lose, the Cowboys clinch the East. The Packers own the tiebreaker against the Eagles.

That is what ESPN is saying. But that chart is a list of OR scenarios that are separate scenarios each.

Packers can clinch if Eagles lose AND Cowboys win or tie.

Packers can clinch with tie AND Eagles loss.

Packers can clinch with tie AND Eagles tie and Cowboys win or tie.

The only way a Cowboys win gets the Packers in (regardless of what Pack does) is if Eagles lose or tie.

pbmax
12-19-2014, 08:34 AM
These also involve Packers:

The Lions clinch the NFC North with: a win and a Packers loss.

The Lions clinch a first-round bye with a win, a Packers loss and a Cowboys loss.

The Cowboys clinch a playoff berth with: a win plus a Packers loss or tie plus a Lions loss or tie as long as both results don't tie.

vince
12-19-2014, 10:44 AM
A Cowboys win plus an Eagles win would force a Packers win to clinch. The Cowboys clinch the East but if the Packers lose out and the Eagles win out the Packers are out out.

I'd say it's likely the Eagles win out vs. the dysfunctional and possibly checked-out Skins and Giants remaining.

Maxie the Taxi
12-19-2014, 11:33 AM
My head hurts.

Harlan Huckleby
12-19-2014, 11:46 AM
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist; but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."

- Dan Devine

mraynrand
12-19-2014, 11:56 AM
My head hurts.

take some ibuprofen

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25521617

Maxie the Taxi
12-19-2014, 12:01 PM
take some ibuprofen

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25521617

Oh boy, "Enhanced Longevity." But will I get to feel like I'm 80 again?

HarveyWallbangers
12-19-2014, 01:39 PM
A Cowboys win plus an Eagles win would force a Packers win to clinch. The Cowboys clinch the East but if the Packers lose out and the Eagles win out the Packers are out out.

I'd say it's likely the Eagles win out vs. the dysfunctional and possibly checked-out Skins and Giants remaining.

1) We're not talking about the Packers losing out.

2) We're talking about scenarios where Dallas wins + Green Bay wins this week. pbmax had stated a Dallas win + Green Bay win doesn't guarantee a playoff spot for Green Bay. According to ESPN's playoff machine, if the Cowboys win this week and we win, we are in. Let's say Dallas, Philadelphia, and Green Bay all win this week. Dallas and GB at 11-4 with Philly at 10-5. If we lose next week, we'll be 11-5. If Dallas and Philadelphia win next week, the Cowboys we'll win the East at 12-4. Green Bay would own the tiebreaker over Philly by virtue of their win over Philly. GB would be a Wild Card. If Dallas loses and Philly wins next week, the Eagles we'll win the East. The tiebreaker with Dallas would flip to Green Bay by virtue of a better conference record. GB would be a Wild Card. If Philly loses next week, we'd have a better record. GB would be a Wild Card. I just don't see a scenario where GB doesn't make the playoffs with a win + Dallas win this week.

The nice thing is, rooting for a Dallas win isn't rooting against a first round bye. Dallas would own the tiebreaker over us if we lost a game because our conference record would be the same as Dallas but they own the next tiebreaker. However, if we win out, we own the tiebreaker on the basis of a better conference record.

Go Green Bay and Go Dallas!

pbmax
12-19-2014, 04:52 PM
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist; but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."

- Dan Devine

That explains a lot about Devine actually.

pbmax
12-19-2014, 04:54 PM

2) We're talking about scenarios where Dallas wins + Green Bay wins this week. pbmax had stated a Dallas win + Green Bay win doesn't guarantee a playoff spot for Green Bay. According to ESPN's playoff machine, if the Cowboys win this week and we win, we are in. Let's say Dallas, Philadelphia, and Green Bay all win this week. Dallas and GB at 11-4 with Philly at 10-5. If we lose next week, we'll be 11-5. If Dallas and Philadelphia win next week, the Cowboys we'll win the East at 12-4. Green Bay would own the tiebreaker over Philly by virtue of their win over Philly. GB would be a Wild Card. If Dallas loses and Philly wins next week, the Eagles we'll win the East. The tiebreaker with Dallas would flip to Green Bay by virtue of a better conference record. GB would be a Wild Card. If Philly loses next week, we'd have a better record. GB would be a Wild Card. I just don't see a scenario where GB doesn't make the playoffs with a win + Dallas win this week.

The nice thing is, rooting for a Dallas win isn't rooting against a first round bye. Dallas would own the tiebreaker over us if we lost a game because our conference record would be the same as Dallas but they own the next tiebreaker. However, if we win out, we own the tiebreaker on the basis of a better conference record.

You have to figure in a three way tie to wild card scenarios. Presumably, possibly remotely, there is a 3 team scenario where the Packers H2H win over Philly doesn't get them through.

pbmax
12-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Here we go. Now, recognize that it took me 8 minutes of fiddling to produce a 4 way tie for the wild card at 11-5 and the odds of the Packers making the playoffs today, before the result at Tampa is know is roughly 93%. But a GB win plus a Dallas win this week does NOT clinch a playoff spot. But regardless, their chances of being in the postseason are good. Winning at this point is more about the 2 seed than the 6 seed, versus making the tourney at this point.

EDIT: I did have a screen shot all cued up of the Packers and Cowboys both winning in Week 16 and Packers getting the tie breaking shaft at 11-5 but I screen capped Week 17 by mistake. Going back, the only way to get that scenario was to have Dallas lose out of conference this week (16) but win in conference next week (17). I could not create a scenario where the Packers were out if they and the Boys won this week.

It might be that a tie is necessary to produce that condition. And the playoff calculator doesn't do ties.

woodbuck27
12-19-2014, 05:18 PM

One team Tennessee better on 'O' than the other Jacksonville with a superior 'D' and at home.

Question:

Which team do you pick when straws separate them in overall efficiency?

Right !

That team won the game.

THIS IS JUST AWESOME !

Check this out. It's so much better to win.

Posted: 17 hours ago

EXCLUSIVE: Gus Bradley Postgame Speech

Go inside the locker room as the Jaguars celebrate their win over the Titans on Thursday Night Football.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/EXCLUSIVE-Gus-Bradley-Postgame-Speech/e778e1ca-cf92-4c6c-9c3d-8394dc5ac1fb

and In more Jaguars news;

Jacksonville QB Blake Bortles wants to start in spite of any lingering injury just like Brett Favre did.

He wants to chase Favre NFL consecutive starts streak record.

I want to be reincarnated and live a life like Mr. Jean Beliveau did.

Tyrion Lannister
12-19-2014, 07:18 PM

Well stated.

Harlan Huckleby
12-19-2014, 09:37 PM
That explains a lot about Devine actually.

actually that is a Vince Lombardi quote. I thought it was famous

mraynrand
12-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Oh boy, "Enhanced Longevity." But will I get to feel like I'm 80 again?

90 is the new 80

mraynrand
12-20-2014, 06:27 AM

- Dan Devine

Deliberately misquoting and misattributing Lomabardi? negative repped.

Thanks for deducting reputation from this user.

pbmax
12-20-2014, 08:56 AM
actually that is a Vince Lombardi quote. I thought it was famous

Explaining the joke is useless, so i will just cop to the failure.

Harlan Huckleby
12-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Deliberately misquoting and misattributing Lomabardi? negative repped.

who dat?

pbmax
12-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Well it turns out the ESPN and Yahoo! playoff machines each have the tie game option. Still couldn't find the apparently anomalous set of circumstances that NFL.com has where GB and DAL win in Week 16 doesn't clinch for GB.

At 11-5 (only way to win in Wk 16 and not win division), they have the tie break over Dallas (conf) and Eagles (head to head). Even if you make Eagles the Division winner, can't get Dallas over the Packers for WC.

Couldn't create a tie game that helped.

pbmax
12-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Packers.com agrees with Tank and ESPN:

With a Green Bay win, the Packers would need either the Eagles (9-5) to lose or the Cowboys (10-4) to win to be assured of getting in. Just one of those other games would need to go Green Bay’s way, but not both.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Philadelphia-Dallas-games-matter-for-Packers-right-now/ad29e998-f270-4637-8dfe-f2598df51a1a?adbid=546414761106083840&adbpl=tw&adbpr=35865630&campaign=social_20141220_37692147

Harlan Huckleby
12-20-2014, 04:20 PM
We want Cowboys to lose so Packers have homefield over them in playoffs. That's the royal "we"

Maxie the Taxi
12-20-2014, 05:06 PM
We want Cowboys to lose so Packers have homefield over them in playoffs. That's the royal "we"

But the Cowboys play better away than at home. Ergo, shouldn't we want the Cowboys to win?

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 05:45 PM
The Roughing the passer rule has to be reviewed in the off season.

Washington got a call on a bang bang play. RGIII pass's and is hit softly within a second. The defender actually relaxed the hit closing and quickly opening his arms on the hit. It was a soft hit. RGII felt little impact.

The Official is right there ! Roughing the passer is called.

The call gives Washington new life and they go on to score a TD to go out in front by 3 Points in the 3rd Qtr.

Refferfuckin' Refereeing. What the 'H' is this football or 'Pansy ball'?

I really wonder sometimes if the fix isn't in. The officials get a nice check from Vegas?

There is no way that Washington should win this game without the Officials helping.

The score is now 17-14 and the Eagles are lining up another short FG. Pokey missed a chip shot earlier a 34 Yarder.

Holy mackeral he miss's it again.

Last Play - 02:28 Q3

C.Parkey 46 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-J.Dorenbos, Holder-D.Jones.

Cody Parkey came into this game 29 of 31 and he miss's two so far today.

As I'm writing this the Redskins scored again after another long pass to DeSean Jackson who's up to 4 receptions and 126 yards on his day so far.

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 05:47 PM
But the Cowboys play better away than at home. Ergo, shouldn't we want the Cowboys to win?

The Eagles are stuffing it in Washington right now.

They just got called for their 11th penalty and they missed 2 relatively easy FG's.

Their snake bite.

Maxie the Taxi
12-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Eagles just tied the Redskins with 6:17 left in 4th qtr.

Maxie the Taxi
12-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Philadelphia is about to get beat.

another roughing the QB call against iggles.

King Friday
12-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Thank you...Dirty Sanchez.

Maxie the Taxi
12-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Redskins beat the Eagles 27-24.

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 06:39 PM
WOW !

The Eagles lose three consecutive games.

SCORE Skins 27 - Eagles 24

The Eagles had 13 Penalties. They missed two FG's that were very makeable.

HarveyWallbangers
12-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Packers.com agrees with Tank and ESPN:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Philadelphia-Dallas-games-matter-for-Packers-right-now/ad29e998-f270-4637-8dfe-f2598df51a1a?adbid=546414761106083840&adbpl=tw&adbpr=35865630&campaign=social_20141220_37692147

I'm not Tank.
:)

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 07:46 PM
What is with the networks cutting to commercial before the replay on a pick or fumble. To allow us to see the play before any review.

What's up with that?

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 10:40 PM
A wild game in San Fran tonight.

With about 5 minutes remaining it's 49ers 35 - Chargers 28.

The 49ers are 14 yards rushing away ...... from a franchise record for yards rushing in a game.

Gore has 158 yards and Kaepernick has 131 (add another 26 yards) for a total of 315.

The Chargers are trying hard to recover now....2 minutes remain. The ball is on the San Fran 45 2nd and 10.

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 10:57 PM

The 49ers are 14 yards rushing away ...... from a franchise record for yards rushing in a game.

Gore has 158 yards and Kaepernick has 131 (add another 26 yards) for a total of 315.

The Chargers are trying hard to recover now....2 minutes remain. The ball is on the San Fran 45 2nd and 10.Holy crap the San Diego Chargers have tied it up with 29 sec's left in regulation time.

They had trailed 21 - 0.

The 49ers have the ball with 26 sec's left and need about 35 yards for a FG shot.

16 seconds left and the ball is on the San Fran 34.

Kaepernick runs to the San Diego 46 and 16 seconds left.

Here comes Phil Dawson for a 60 yard FG...........wide right.

END ON REGULATION.

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 11:07 PM

The Chargers are trying hard to recover now....2 minutes remain. The ball is on the San Fran 45 2nd and 10.

OK Kaepernick rushed for 20 more yards and the 49ers have set a Franchise Record for Yards Rushing in regulation.

In OT Colin Kaepernick gets pealed of the ball rushing and San Diego get the ball at their own 38 Yard line.

GO Chargers GO ! :clap:

Nick Novak kicks a 4o yard FG right down the middle and the Chargers win !!!!!

:knll:

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 06:56 AM
I was up early this morning to catch the replay of the San Diego @ San Fran game.

San Fran blew a '21 point lead' which they held 2X in the first half.

This game perfectly illustrates that aspect of a game deemed getting the breaks and making key 3rd and 4th down plays. Making the spectacular 'clutch catch's'. Over the top too many things had to go the Chargers way and they did.

The thing that stood out to me was how much different these two teams were in another important quality.

The will to win......... and San Diego certainly had that.

San Diego is the BEST Road Team in the NFL (over the last two seasons in December) winning about 80% of their games on the road.

Philip Rivers (and maybe not 100% healthy) was clutch last night.

Rivers to Antonio Gates - 7 Receptions for 92 yards and 2 TD's..... was shining as well.

Eddie Royal was spectacular. He had 10 Receptions for 94 Yards and 1 TD. He made an incredible diving and digging it out 20 Yard catch on a fourth down late in regulation to keep the last drive alive to enable the eventual tie..

http://www.nfl.com/player/dontrelleinman/2530700/profile

Former ** CFL player WR Dontrelle Inman was able to replace injured Keenan Allen and show up in the second half of the game with a 7 reception night on 9 targets ....good for 79 yards. This was the first action for him and he looked solid.... sure handed....and ran good routes.

This was a game I'll remember.

There are GEMS out there !

** Dontrelle Inman (College Virginia - 2011 Undrafted) was a solid WR with the Toronto Argonauts (CFL) in 2012 - 13.

Attention: Fantasy Football players.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6840/dontrelle-inman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dontrelle_Inman#Toronto_Argonauts

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dontrelle_inman_288323.html

Pugger
12-21-2014, 09:04 AM
I was nice seeing those damn 49ers lose but it might have been nice to see them win meaningless games and knock them down the draft board...

pbmax
12-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Just need San Fran to remain interested. If things break right, could use a Cardinals loss.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 01:46 PM
1 PM EST Games @@ Half Time:

Carolina 10-3 over Cleveland

Detroit and Chicago 7-7.

Houston all over Baltimore 16-0

Minnesota 17 - Miami 7

Atlanta 13 - N.O. 7

NYJ 10 - NE 7

Pittsburgh 10 - KC 6

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 01:48 PM
OK here we go...That's better.

Mixing it up.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 01:50 PM
I was nice seeing those damn 49ers lose but it might have been nice to see them win meaningless games and knock them down the draft board...

I loved that San Diego win last night.

It was really an incredible focus and never give up attitude for the Chargers.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 01:51 PM
OK push it in !

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Here comes a FG after those two no gainers.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Here comes a FG after those two no gainers.

Nope I was wrong....MM going for it !

The score remains Pack 10 - BUCS 3.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

A. Rodgers 21/27 219 0 0

5:49 left in the third Qtr. ...Score is 10-3 Packers.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 02:14 PM
The BEARS are out in front of Detroit 14-10 to start the 4th Qtr.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

J. Flacco 4/22 35 1 3 PICKS

Houston is winning 19-7 with 8:04 remaining in the game.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 02:33 PM
A one point game with 9:52 remaining in the 4th Qtr.

Miami 21 - Minnesota 20.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Hoyer has the Browns ahead 13-10 over Carolina with 9:59 remaining in the game.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 02:39 PM
The NE Pats are up 1 Point 17-16 over the NY Jets with 5:16 remaining in that game.

Guiness
12-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Hoyer has the Browns ahead 13-10 over Carolina with 9:59 remaining in the game.

What? Hoyer? Why? That franchise...I mean, someone angered the gods there or something.

Guiness
12-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Just switched over to the Lions/Chicago game (which is actually on TV) - Detroit up by 6, but Chicago with the ball and time.

Guiness
12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Holy shit!!! Ansah with a helmet to helmet on the QB when he's well into his slide! 15yd penalty, probably to be followed by a fine - I don't even thing that's enough, he should be ejected.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
The NE Pats are up 1 Point 17-16 over the NY Jets with 5:16 remaining in that game.

Pats close the Jets out by ONE POINT.

Final Score Pats 17- 16 Jets.

King Friday
12-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Yep...NE only beat Jets by 1...so our win looks better. lol

red
12-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Fucking bears

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:05 PM
What? Hoyer? Why? That franchise...I mean, someone angered the gods there or something.

I bet Carolina up a wee bit thinking Manziel was their starter.

It looks like The Panthers are wrapping up that game,

Jonathan Stewart just had a 39 yard run to the Browns 10 and up 17-13.

HOLY CRAP !

Atlanta just handed the Saints their fourth loss at Home. Wild Stuff !

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Carolina wins 17-13 and will face the Atlanta Falcons for the NFCS Title in WEEK 17.

Joemailman
12-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Holy shit!!! Ansah with a helmet to helmet on the QB when he's well into his slide! 15yd penalty, probably to be followed by a fine - I don't even thing that's enough, he should be ejected.

I think they should suspend him for 1 game. Not that I'm biased or anything.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:11 PM
A good fight going on in Miami with Minny ahead a TD and the score 35-28 Minny.

3:25 left and Miami is charging. Their first down at the Minny 33 Yard line.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 03:14 PM

They ran Manziel on a sweep and he got injured. Which everyone but Kyle Shanahan knew but it didn't stop them. Apparently all unconventional QBs are RGIII.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:14 PM
A good fight going on in Miami with Minny ahead a TD and the score 35-28 Minny.

3:25 left and Miami is charging. Their first down at the Minny 33 Yard line.

Miami at the Minny 14..... at the TWO Minute Warning.

It's looking a lot like an OT game now.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 03:15 PM
I think they should suspend him for 1 game. Not that I'm biased or anything.

Raiola is going to get fined too. He danced over a D lineman's leg.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Miami at the Minny 14..... at the TWO Minute Warning.

It's looking a lot like an OT game now.

Last Play - 02:00 Q4

(Shotgun) R.Tannehill sacked at MIN 27 for -13 yards (T.Johnson).

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Last Play - 02:00 Q4

(Shotgun) R.Tannehill sacked at MIN 27 for -13 yards (T.Johnson).

Tannihill to Wallace for 14 Yards and the ball is now at the Minny 13 and on the next play D. Colledge False Start.

Ball at the Minny 18 yard line.

Tannihill keeps his cool and with two pass's gets the score done.

This game is Tied.....35 ALL....with 1:11 left on the clock.

Damn I need a Minny win. :clap:

Guiness
12-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Raiola is going to get fined too. He danced over a D lineman's leg.

Saw that in the post-game show - looked pretty bad, but Raiola looked sheepish after. Stomp or stumble?

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Just switched over to the Lions/Chicago game (which is actually on TV) - Detroit up by 6, but Chicago with the ball and time.

As expected...ALL the marbles next week in Lambeauu.

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
12-21-2014, 03:24 PM

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Demarco Murray is tough.

He's going to try today....in Dallas.

Cowboys for the Division Title.

Hopefully a good game.

esoxx
12-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Vikings being the Vikings. SMH

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Tannihill to Wallace for 14 Yards and the ball is now at the Minny 13 and on the next play D. Colledge False Start.

Ball at the Minny 18 yard line.

Tannihill keeps his cool and with two pass's gets the score done.

This game is Tied.....35 ALL....with 1:11 left on the clock.

Damn I need a Minny win. :clap:

OK Miami pulls it out with a safety.

The Final 37-35 Miami over Minny. The Rookie QB made a few errors. He'll be OK I think.

That was an exciting game.

Harlan Huckleby
12-21-2014, 03:45 PM
go Colts

King Friday
12-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Cowboys are having their way with the Colts...and the Colts are a very drunk college whore at this point.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Vikings being the Vikings. SMH

That loss was 'a hurtin' on my Pro Pickem esoxx.

superfan needed a Miami win badly.

It's looking like another exciting week next. :duel:

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 04:11 PM
go Colts

hahahahahahahaha

Their experimenting this game.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Cowboys are having their way with the Colts...and the Colts are a very drunk college whore at this point.

Get her out of the Dorm.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZwq4AI6PlfsHeR7P5dwmrd-XB3hK0RVRvKXB0o_BxovtyRaez

pittstang5
12-21-2014, 04:17 PM
is the Colt's defense and offense this bad or is Dallas defense/offense that good? There's that one team every year that gets hot at the right time. I'm afraid it's the Cowboys.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 04:19 PM
is the Colt's defense and offense this bad or is Dallas defense/offense that good? There's that one team every year that gets hot at the right time. I'm afraid it's the Cowboys.

We simply mhave to beat Detroit next week.

I don't want Green Bay in Dallas.

Thatsanotsogood !

DALLAS 28 - indy ZERO right now in a romp !!! with 6:38 left in the first half.

Now LUCK has been known for tremendous comebacks. . . .but this..... not happening.

King Friday
12-21-2014, 04:35 PM

I'm not sure I put much stock in Indy. Here is the list of teams they have beat this year to get to 10 wins:

JAX (x2), TEN, BAL, CIN, NYG, WSH, CLE, HOU (x2)

Both BAL and CIN...their best 2 wins...were at home. The Colts are a pretender. Their defense is a joke. In many ways, they are the 2009 Packers. They can score with anyone...but they will need to because their defense is an eyesore.

The Cowboys are a better team top to bottom than Indy IMO...and it is showing today. I was worried that the Cowboys would struggle without a run game...but with Murray gutting it out, it seems the passing game is stepping it up.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see this 35-0 at the half and then 35-35 at the end of regulation.

Guiness
12-21-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure I put much stock in Indy. Here is the list of teams they have beat this year to get to 10 wins:

JAX (x2), TEN, BAL, CIN, NYG, WSH, CLE, HOU (x2)

Both BAL and CIN...their best 2 wins...were at home. The Colts are a pretender. Their defense is a joke. In many ways, they are the 2009 Packers. They can score with anyone...but they will need to because their defense is an eyesore.

The Cowboys are a better team top to bottom than Indy IMO...and it is showing today. I was worried that the Cowboys would struggle without a run game...but with Murray gutting it out, it seems the passing game is stepping it up.

A murderers row that is not.

denverYooper
12-21-2014, 05:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5ZwHsJCEAA1DjX.png

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see this 35-0 at the half and then 35-35 at the end of regulation.

Luck just got picked off. That's two today.

The Boys need and want this game.

This isn't San Diego @ San Fran (last night).

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Cleveland completely shut down the Colts a few weeks ago. Colts are imploding.

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Luck just got picked off. That's two today.

The Boys need and want this game.

This isn't San Diego @ San Fran (last night).

what the hell does that have to do with it?

Tyrion Lannister
12-21-2014, 05:26 PM
what the hell does that have to do with it?

SD came back from 21-points down to beat SF. My man, Woody, is probably saying, no way Indy comes back against Dallas.

Btw, my bucks say that the Carolina-Atanta game gets flexed to Sunday night instead of the Det-GB game.

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Btw, my bucks say that the Carolina-Atanta game gets flexed to Sunday night instead of the Det-GB game.

I'll take that bet. my 100 against your ten that if one of the two gets flexed, it will be the GB game.

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 05:31 PM
SD came back from 21-points down to beat SF. My man, Woody, is probably saying, no way Indy comes back against Dallas.

yea, but Cowboys are in no way similar to the 49ers; Niners already out of playoffs and sinking fast; cowboys playing for as much as #1 seed...

pbmax
12-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Alas it was poor timing for that prediction, Colts have already secured the playoff berth and apparently are just pretending not the be Tony Dungy.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 05:48 PM
The NY Giants Offense today !!

NEW YORK GIANTS

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

E. Manning 20/23 305 3 0

Rushing CAR YDS TD LG

A. Williams 20 96 0 45
O. Darkwa 3 21 1 12T

Receiving REC YDS TD LG

O. Beckham 6 110 2 80T
R. Randle 5 101 1 49
L. Donnell 4 42 0 23

The SCORE is 34-20 Giants over the RAMS with 11:53 remaining in the 4th Qtr.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Alas it was poor timing for that prediction, Colts have already secured the playoff berth and apparently are just pretending not the be Tony Dungy.

Weeden is in for Romo and he just passed for six.

Dallas 42................................................ ......................... Indy .........zero.

10:12 remaining and Indy can mull over their 'NO DEFENSE".

DALLAS COWBOYS

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

T. Romo 18/20 218 4 0

pbmax
12-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Lambeau night game with 16 degree high/10 degree low and 20% chance of snow. 2 teams with 20+ combined wins and a history.

Versus night game in a multi-plex amusement part with two teams with losing records. They do have metro population numbers on their side, but Packers have the largest national following of the group.

I don't really know how Atlanta draws (large city) but Packers are probably still a bigger deal.

Maxie the Taxi
12-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Anybody want to change their mind about fearing the Cowboys in the playoffs?

Tyrion Lannister
12-21-2014, 06:12 PM
I'll take that bet. my 100 against your ten that if one of the two gets flexed, it will be the GB game.

Deal.

I flip burgers and you use $100 bills to wipe yourself after going to the john, so that's a fair deal.

History is on my side. A few years ago, the Seagulls and Rams both had losing records going into the final week. Game was flexed b/c a playoff spot was on the line.

As I am not corrupted by greed, when I win, please send check to Amenesty International. But if you dislike AI, go with Sony Pictures. Maybe your donation would inspire that coward film distributor to release "The Interview." :D

Maxie the Taxi
12-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Wow. Raiders are beating Buffalo 26-17 with 2:51 to go in 4th qtr.

Tyrion Lannister
12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Lambeau night game with 16 degree high/10 degree low and 20% chance of snow. 2 teams with 20+ combined wins and a history.

Versus night game in a multi-plex amusement part with two teams with losing records. They do have metro population numbers on their side, but Packers have the largest national following of the group.

I don't really know how Atlanta draws (large city) but Packers are probably still a bigger deal.

Packers and Lions have already clinched playoff births.

Car-Atl game is a quasi-playoff game.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Wow. Raiders are beating Buffalo 26-17 with 2:51 to go in 4th qtr.

Shows how poorly the Packers played/coached last week.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Packers and Lions have already clinched playoff births.

Car-Atl game is a quasi-playoff game.

It is a one game elimination, but Packers and Lions will for Division and possible first round bye and home field advantage.

Win or go home versus better game. League might force them to switch only the win or go home game.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 06:29 PM

Home field as well.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 06:57 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/LbL1H-G2EEE0hK_L4wchFX4vpEE=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/assets.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2857356/ramblock.0.gif

hoosier
12-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Is that legal?

denverYooper
12-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Arians calls a series of bombs. That was fun.

esoxx
12-21-2014, 08:07 PM
"Is that legal?"

Yes, as long as you don't use a teammate to gain advantage.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 08:09 PM

The Packers played 'a stinker' last week in Buffalo. It happens.

The Pat's nearly were defeated @ NY Jets today. They won 17-16 on the road.

Baltimore lost on the road today at Houston and were never in it.

Indy got crushed on the road in Dallas.

It's hard on the road. Crowd noise a big factor.

Then traveling out west is tough because of a time change.

Kyle Orton isn't a great QB. He played a more talented QB in terms of David Carr.

woodbuck27
12-21-2014, 08:11 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/LbL1H-G2EEE0hK_L4wchFX4vpEE=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/assets.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2857356/ramblock.0.gif

That was so cool. :whaa:

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Deal.

I flip burgers and you use $100 bills to wipe yourself after going to the john holmes, MD., Ph.D

FIFY

TravisWilliams23
12-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Is that legal?

The rule is you can't line up on the center before the snap. Kind of looks like he was at the line just before the snap an should have been a penalty. I didn't see the play live or on countdown so I don't know what was said about it one way or the other.

channtheman
12-21-2014, 09:20 PM
What are the chances that the Rams beat the Seahawks next week? If we win and the Hawks lose, we could still get the #1 seed.

KYPack
12-21-2014, 09:31 PM

Guess you two pinwheels will have to send $50 apiece to the nuthouse of your choice.

Bengals Steelers next Sunday nite.

Joemailman
12-21-2014, 09:37 PM
What are the chances that the Rams beat the Seahawks next week? If we win and the Hawks lose, we could still get the #1 seed.

Not good. For the 4th time in 6 weeks, Seahawks will be facing a team using their 2nd or 3rd string QB. The other 2 weeks they faced a mediocre Kaepernick. They're a great defense, but they've faced mediocre offenses lately. St. Louis is a very inconsistent team, but they do sometimes play good enough defense to play with anybody. They did beat Seattle earlier this year.

Harlan Huckleby
12-21-2014, 09:42 PM
I will not watch the best defense in NFL against a QB who wouldn't start for Badgers

pbmax
12-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Is that legal?

If it isn't, it sure as sh*t should be. It looks good and tastes great. Plus if they catch him doing it, the kicking team will suplex him and it will look like Jimmy 'Super Fly' Snooka landed on a trampoline.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Guess you two pinwheels will have to send $50 apiece to the nuthouse of your choice.

Bengals Steelers next Sunday nite.

What the heck?

ThunderDan
12-21-2014, 09:58 PM
ARI kicks a FG.

Down 14-6.

ThunderDan
12-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Game over 21-6.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2014, 10:30 PM
GB doesn't have a chance against Seattle the way the Pack is playing presently.

Joemailman
12-21-2014, 10:32 PM
GB doesn't have a chance against Seattle the way the Pack is playing presently.

I'm shocked you feel that way, Shocked, I tell you.

pbmax
12-21-2014, 10:34 PM
They should forfeit now. Avoid the embarrassment of trying and failing.

KYPack
12-21-2014, 10:37 PM

I was going to post that same thing, almost the exact wording.

Guiness
12-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Mess of a game. Was there a time early in season when we thought the seahaww wouldn't see the playoffs? Looking like #1 seed for them now.

Joemailman
12-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Mess of a game. Was there a time early in season when we thought the seahaww wouldn't see the playoffs? Looking like #1 seed for them now.

There was a time I thought it was possible. But that was before Arizona lost Carson Palmer, and before it became evident Kaepernick wasn't going to have a good year.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2014, 10:46 PM

So you think the way GB is playing NOW is good enough to beat how Seattle is playing NOW? If so, it might be time to lay off the kool aid for while.

pbmax
12-22-2014, 09:38 AM
So you think the way GB is playing NOW is good enough to beat how Seattle is playing NOW? If so, it might be time to lay off the kool aid for while.

Yep. Packers can score 20 on that D and the way the Seahawk O is playing, that might win the game. Their O is not the nightmare matchup for the Packers that the 49er offense was.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Yep. Packers can score 20 on that D and the way the Seahawk O is playing, that might win the game. Their O is not the nightmare matchup for the Packers that the 49er offense was.

Yeah. Seattle's D is stout but Green Bay's offense is a lot better than they've faced in 2 months.

Rutnstrut
12-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Yeah. Seattle's D is stout but Green Bay's offense is a lot better than they've faced in 2 months.

GB's offense on the road is not a shadow of itself at home.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Woof, Dalton.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 07:48 PM
That was a bad ass run by Jeremy Hill.

I like the part where he pushed Sanu into the path of the defender.

Teamcheez1
12-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Manning has no arm left. It's all touch and no strength. He seems to be fading as the year rolls on.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 08:13 PM
M3 would have called a go right there.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Stephen White ‏@sgw94 2m2 minutes ago
Von Miller doesnt seem to be finishing plays tonight. Like....loafing big time

pittstang5
12-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Manning has no arm left. It's all touch and no strength. He seems to be fading as the year rolls on.

I was just about to post this. He looks like Matt Flynn.....or Flynn looks like Manning

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 09:10 PM
At the half:

Bengals 20 (with 20 unanswered points) - Broncos 7.

The BRONCOS simply look worn out.

Peyton Manning has something wrong with him. He's struggling with arm strength and decision making (forcing the ball). Manning has little spark in him.

The season gets really long for a QB his age.

It sure looks as if the Broncos are dropping this game. Cincy needs this game and demonstrating that they want it.

The BRONCOS need lift soon.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 09:25 PM
One of the few areas where the Bengals lead the Broncos is ST's.

Attention the Bengals kick returner Adam Jones and a 80 yard return and wham ......... !

They respond to a BRONCOS quick first half opening strike and in 1:37 score a TD of their own.

The wind goes out of the BRONCOS sails.

The SCORE Cincy 27- Denver 14

12:35 remains in the third Qtr.

Lets see if Peyton Manning can respond.

Guiness
12-22-2014, 09:35 PM
One of the few areas where the Bengals lead the Broncos is ST's.

Attention the Bengals kick returner Adam Jones and a 80 yard return and wham ......... !

They respond to a BRONCOS quick first half opening strike and in 1:37 score a TD of their own.

The wind goes out of the BRONCOS sails.

The SCORE Cincy 27- Denver 14

12:35 remains in the third Qtr.

Lets see if Peyton Manning can respond.

He does, good drive, including a 40 yarder to get Denver a TD.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 09:35 PM
There we go...now we have a game.

P. Manning gets his 38th TD pass to Sanders.

Cincy 27 - Denver 21.

The third Qtr. has demonstrated explosive plays.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 09:37 PM
He does, good drive, including a 40 yarder to get Denver a TD.

With a second and goal inside the Cincy 10 yard line Manning is looking good right now.

OK The Manning to Sanders connection again.

BRONCOS 28 - Bengals 27

Guiness
12-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Check out Manning's arm and energy Guiness.

Is he looking OK to you?

Watching closely here.

He's completed two passes for big gains - but both were back shoulder touch type. After a drop, another completion, this one short range but again not a zinger.

Ok, wait a minute.
1:35 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short middle to E.Sanders for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
He just fired one in there to Sanders. Not a frozen rope, but there was some heat on it, a good hard thrown from the 11yd line to the back of the end zone.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Watching closely here.

He's completed two passes for big gains - but both were back shoulder touch type. After a drop, another completion, this one short range but again not a zinger.

Ok, wait a minute.
1:35 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short middle to E.Sanders for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
He just fired one in there to Sanders. Not a frozen rope, but there was some heat on it, a good hard thrown from the 11yd line to the back of the end zone.

He just threw one left to D. Thomas that had excellent velocity.

Then he forced another shot left to D. Thomas and underthrew it and was picked.

That was simply a bad decision or a throw he shouldn't have made. He had lots on the ball.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 10:21 PM
OK seriously we need to see the Packers make more effort to improve on ST's.

Cincy is Ranked 6th on ST's and Denver 28th.

Returns are really hurting the Denver Broncos. The Bengals are explosive returning kicks/punts.

The Packers are Ranked 21st in ST's. I can't recall when one of our returners showed much.

The Packers tackling on ST's needs to improve as well.

Do we love our punter?

Do we love our ST's coach?

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 10:25 PM
With 6:55 left in regulation time it's Bengals 30 - BRONCOS 28.

The Bengals have the ball @ their own 40 yard line.

Time to use some clock or hammer it down the field?

Ohh Ohh a 15 yard penalty on Denver moves the ball to their 42 and this shouldn't be pretty for Denver.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 10:32 PM
With 6:55 left in regulation time it's Bengals 30 - BRONCOS 28.

The Bengals have the ball @ their own 40 yard line.

Time to use some clock or hammer it down the field?

Ohh Ohh a 15 yard penalty on Denver moves the ball to their 42 and this shouldn't be pretty for Denver.

OK Denver gets a break there....and may get the ball back deep in their end. No the punt went in the Denver end zone so P. Manning and Company start at the Bronco 20 yard line.

Can he get it done?

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 10:38 PM
WOW!

That no hook up with his WR and Pick SIX on Peyton Manning was ugly.

Manning Picked 3X tonight.

There's too much confusion this late in the season for the Broncos offense.

Cincy 37 - Denver 28

Denver has the ball at the Two Minute Warning.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Holy Crap !

Peytom Manning just threw his 4th pick of the game.

That's 17 Picks for P. Manning this season.

Huh ! Huh !! Huh !!! Huh !!!! .... that's all folks !

Guiness
12-22-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm sure I don't know what happened there, the wheels fell all the way off. On top of other things, I think that's the final nail in his MVP coffin, he was in the conversation even if just by default until now.

Tyrion Lannister
12-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Holy Crap !

Peytom Manning just threw his 4th pick of the game.

That's 17 Picks for P. Manning this season.

Huh ! Huh !! Huh !!! Huh !!!! .... that's all folks !

It was raining and Manning's arm strength has weakened post-surgery, but the guy looked awfully like Brooks Bollinger out there in the 2nd half.

denverYooper
12-23-2014, 09:28 AM

Aaron Rodgers's shadow is significantly more accurate than Ryan Lindley.

Pugger
12-23-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm sure I don't know what happened there, the wheels fell all the way off. On top of other things, I think that's the final nail in his MVP coffin, he was in the conversation even if just by default until now.

I don't think he's been in the MVP conversation for about a month now. The latest name to be bandied about now is Romo. Tony has been playing well. If Rodgers has another pedestrian game against Detroit he possibly will not win it this year.

KYPack
12-23-2014, 10:53 AM
He had to go no huddle bc the Cincy defense was giving him a million looks out of the set pieces.

That's all fine, but when the communication breaks down in the hurry up, that offense is dead, too.

Peyton looked like Gumby at times in the second half. I think he has some assorted physical miseries that haven't been publicized. With that huge knee brace and his other troubles, he's real vulnerable when you get heat on him.

The Bengals got a "Christmas of the Magi" experience. Their win over Denver handed NE home advantage thruout the play-offs.

Zool
12-23-2014, 11:01 AM
He's still better than 25+ other team's QBs, but I think he's coming down from the top 5 next season. He'll be 39 sometime next season. He's getting old. Next year APRH, he should pass 90,000 career attempts. The human body can only do so much.

What I wonder, where does he stand historically? Best regular season QB? Would be have been as effective in the 70s and 80s when you could do everything short of killing other players? Discuss

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 11:17 AM

The road is a factor, but it's more the competition than the road.

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Left up in the air after Week 16 and will be decided in Week 17:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448212/article/tampa-bay-bucs-tennessee-titans-in-running-for-no-1-draft-pick

The Tampa Bay Bucs and Tennessee Titans remain in running for No. 1 Draft Pick

By: Chase Goodbread ... College Football 24/7 writer

Published: Dec. 23, 2014 at 10:10 a.m. ... Updated: Dec. 23, 2014 at 12:01 p.m.

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 11:21 AM
He had to go no huddle bc the Cincy defense was giving him a million looks out of the set pieces.

That's all fine, but when the communication breaks down in the hurry up, that offense is dead, too.

Peyton looked like Gumby at times in the second half. I think he has some assorted physical miseries that haven't been publicized. With that huge knee brace and his other troubles, he's real vulnerable when you get heat on him.

The Bengals got a "Christmas of the Magi" experience. Their win over Denver handed NE home advantage thruout the play-offs.

Ya, the ket to beating Denver is to blitz Manning and beat the crap out of him, even if you take a penalty or two. his willingness to take hits goes away very fast. Denver has a defense that will keep them in some games, but even if they should sneak back into the SB, they will get pulverized again. Seattle is perfectly happy taking a handful of penalties on defense to get the QB's head on a swivel.

denverYooper
12-23-2014, 11:22 AM
The road is a factor, but it's more the competition than the road.

You mean Seattle, Detroit, and Buffalo are not cupcakes on the road?

KYPack
12-23-2014, 11:24 AM
He's still better than 25+ other team's QBs, but I think he's coming down from the top 5 next season. He'll be 39 sometime next season. He's getting old. Next year APRH, he should pass 90,000 career attempts. The human body can only do so much.

What I wonder, where does he stand historically? Best regular season QB? Would be have been as effective in the 70s and 80s when you could do everything short of killing other players? Discuss

Peyton is an "any era" type HOFer. I think he'd be great with Don Hutson on the Lambeau Packers.

About the only chink on his resume may be the single SB win.

Shows how hard it is to win the big final game.

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 11:24 AM

No, the shocking thing is that it's you posting negative stuff about GB. Usually you are the rose-covered-glasses, positive, sunny outlook rainbows and unicorn guy.

KYPack
12-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Ya, the ket to beating Denver is to blitz Manning and beat the crap out of him, even if you take a penalty or two. his willingness to take hits goes away very fast. Denver has a defense that will keep them in some games, but even if they should sneak back into the SB, they will get pulverized again. Seattle is perfectly happy taking a handful of penalties on defense to get the QB's head on a swivel.

Paul Guenther, Cincy DC did a fantastic job of crafting a great game plan. The Bengals ran assorted fire zones (zone blitzes) that took away Manning's hot reads. Manning would read the blitz and go to the blitz control route. A big 'ol DE would be standing right there and Peyton would have to move off his spot. With that huge knee brace, he can't maneuver to his left at all. I couldn't help wondering if they couldn't get him a knee protector that would allow him to move better.

That said, the Denver OLine played like shit. Both OT's were spotty at best.

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Paul Guenther, Cincy DC did a fantastic job of crafting a great game plan. The Bengals ran assorted fire zones (zone blitzes) that took away Manning's hot reads. Manning would read the blitz and go to the blitz control route. A big 'ol DE would be standing right there and Peyton would have to move off his spot. With that huge knee brace, he can't maneuver to his left at all. I couldn't help wondering if they couldn't get him a knee protector that would allow him to move better.

didn't see the game, but that defense requires some discipline. Packers ran that against Buffalo a couple of times, and blew it once when Peppers didn't drop to cut off the hot read to the TE.

Freak Out
12-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Dalton is horrible.

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 12:34 PM

Yup. Blitz Peyton Manning all game.

Rutnstrut
12-23-2014, 05:50 PM
You mean Seattle, Detroit, and Buffalo are not cupcakes on the road?

Exactly, so what makes Seattle easier to beat now? The Packer offense sure as hell isn't playing any better, their strong suit on the road may actually be the defense.

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Exactly, so what makes Seattle easier to beat now? The Packer offense sure as hell isn't playing any better Not against those types of teams, for sure. But maybe this is the year they break the PKD™ in the playoffs. Could happen. Maybe. sorta.

their strong suit on the road may actually be the defense. That's what made the difference in 2010. Won them the close games against Chicago that the offense couldn't put away. Made TO plays against the Steelers they had to have.

denverYooper
12-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Not against those types of teams, for sure. But maybe this is the year they break the PKD™ in the playoffs. Could happen. Maybe. sorta.

It's going to work until it doesn't.

denverYooper
12-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Here's the thing this year... Seattle still has a very good defense that plays outstanding as a unit. They're aggressive, attacking, and cocky. And they're going to be much tougher at home. But I don't know if I buy that they're any better than last year. Their offense is certainly not, even though Richardson is coming on as a nice WR.

Green Bay's OL has really played well against better lines (Buffalo, the Jets, maybe Miami, (soon) Detroit). And their receivers have played better against a better secondary (New England). If the line comes in and plays well for Rodgers and Lacy, Rodgers spins it, Lacy smashes it, and the WRs can hang on to the ball in traffic, they are going to be hell for Seattle to deal with. Adams needs to step it up, Cobb needs to keep playing like a baby bull, and Lacy and Kuhn need to keep battering for them to win but I think they're getting a groove and getting more comfortable playing a more physical game.

The other heartening thing is that the defense does not totally fill me with dread now. I don't think it's the 2010 defense, but they look much more competent since Matthews started playing more of a hybrid role. Maybe they'll get exposed and tuned up again, but I don't get that feeling this year. Dallas might be able to tune them up a bit but Rodgers can pwn that Dallas D, too.

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 09:30 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/sports/football/odell-beckham-meteoric-rise-offers-coughlin-chance-to-mentor.html?action=click&contentCollection=Pro%20Football&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Odell Beckham Jr.’s Meteoric Rise Offers Tom Coughlin Chance to Mentor

By BILL PENNINGTONDEC. 22, 2014

Comment woodbuck27:

Odell Beckham is an extraordinary talent.

I'll be surprized if he's not the NFL Rookie of the Year.