PDA

View Full Version : Official Lions week 17 discussion thread

esoxx
12-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Fuck the Lions. Not happening Detroilet. We own your bitch ass in Lambeau and nothing has changed.

Welcome to your personal House of Horrors. You lose, we win.

And Merry Fucking Christmas with love.

Signed, Packerrats (c) 2006.

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 08:13 PM
love it

denverYooper
12-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Yeah.... Detroit's had a lot of gutty wins but they're about to get reconciled, Herbert Kornfeld style.

Joemailman
12-21-2014, 08:16 PM
My biggest concern is whether a banged-up Sitton can handle Suh. Might need to bring back the old shoelace prank.

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Think trenches. Detroit's O-line is in rough shape; not performing well. On the other side, one of their DT's missed the game at Chicago. Think opponent QB comparison (stipulating that Detroit will play harder at GB than at Chi). Rodgers versus Clausen. Like the Packer's chances.

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 08:19 PM
My biggest concern is whether a banged-up Sitton can handle Suh. Might need to bring back the old shoelace prank.

Note that EDS did not untie a single packer shoe lace today. But they double-tied and taped 'em down, so hard to tell how hard he tried.

KYPack
12-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Old Lion pal Jeremy Ross had a nice screw-up in the Bears game.

He went back to his old way of not marking the punt properly.

He tippy toed up, kept drifting, lunged for the ball & then fumbled the punt when it hit him.

Wish he'd have saved that for next Sunday, but when you lose confidence, it can be tough to get back on track.

I hope.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2014, 08:23 PM
I have very little confidence in stubby in big games.

KYPack
12-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Think trenches. Detroit's O-line is in rough shape; not performing well. On the other side, one of their DT's missed the game at Chicago. Think opponent QB comparison (stipulating that Detroit will play harder at GB than at Chi). Rodgers versus Clausen. Like the Packer's chances.

Stafford was a little shaky in the bits I saw.

He gets squirelly at times.

All this and we need to squeeze out every little drop we have left of the Lambeau Mystique.

Maxie the Taxi
12-21-2014, 08:48 PM
From: ESPN Packer Blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers)

It didn't take long for the Packers to start talking about next Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions) at Lambeau Field. It's the second straight year the Packers are in a Week 17 game for the NFC North title. Last year, it was a winner-take-all game that they won in Chicago. This year, both the Packers and Lions already have clinched playoff spots. A Packers victory would give them no worse than the No. 2 seed in the NFC, a first-round playoff bye and a home game in the divisional round. The loser will play a wild-card game on the road. "That's definitely going to be a playoff game," Packers guard T.J. Lang said. "You've got a home game on the line, who doesn't want to play at home, especially the way we're playing at home? And I know they would love to have a playoff game at their field, too. So it's going to be a big game."

King Friday
12-21-2014, 09:06 PM
I have 3 words for you.

Julius Fucking Peppers.

Then I have one more word for you.

Bloodline.

Matt Stafford, you better prepare to eat the backside of your OL...because Julius Fucking Peppers is coming. Julius Fucking Peppers is hungry. Julius Fucking Peppers has only won 1 playoff game since the month of February 2006. That 1 lonesome win was followed by Jay Cutler going all vagina on Julius Fucking Peppers as he watched the Green Bay Packers stampede to the Super Bowl.

Julius Fucking Peppers has been mostly invisible for most of the last month. After munching on the leftovers of Dirty Sanchez to the tune of 52 yards of PICKUM SIXUM, Julius Fucking Peppers went into sleep mode. Maybe he was downloading a critical Windows update. Maybe he was scanning for viruses or just trying to stay away from the mumps. 4 games...9 tackles...0 sacks...ZZZZzzzz....

Bloodline was chasing QBs left and right prior to the Packers bye week...a little gimpy, but effective. The problem was that most of our other LBs were constantly doing their best impression of what I would look like if I was playing in the NFL. Don Capers was eating breakfast one morning during the bye week, and as he looked down on the table he saw that he had some overspray Ron Pomeil-style. But as he looked closer, an image came into view where Bloodline was dropping into coverage. At first, Capers was like...WTF is that all about...but then he remembered all those unathletic and uninspiring plays from other LBs. By moving Bloodline, he could get his best athletes on the field depending on situation.

Bloodline, the spawn of a family of NFL ironmen who knew what it took to be a teammate, accepted the challenge and did what was best for the team. In the process, he only enhanced his image and has become even more impactful of a player. In the weeks since the bye week, Bloodline has been all over the field. He made Tom Brady curse like a fucking toddler with 12 different teeth trying to poke through his gums. He made Dirty Sanchez wish he could repeat the butt fumble and just crawl up inside one of his lineman's asses. Bloodline is healthy and ready to dominate.

Back to Julius Fucking Peppers. After the Packers offense decided to go into limp mode themselves against Buffalo...and still look hungover during the first quarter against the Bucs, Julius Fucking Peppers found the power button and rebooted. He got a big fat C stitched to his chest. He made a TB rookie OL kid his personal valet on Sunday as he was taking a Sunday drive down Tampa Bay Blvd right into the middle of McNown's pocket. Julius Fucking Peppers ain't getting any younger. Julius Fucking Peppers ditched the vaginas known as the BEEEAARRRSSSS and came to a winner. Julius Fucking Peppers ain't going to be denied by the Lions. Julius Fucking Peppers just sent a wink to Matthew Stafford on match.com, because that is how intimate he is expecting to get with him next weekend.

JFP, De-twhoa bitches, JFP
Bloodline, De-twhoa bitches, Bloodline

Play dirty all you want, Lionesses. We aren't going to find a happy place. We are going to use a 2 foot summer sausage...and not a fresh, moist one. It's going to hurt. It's going to end like every other game you've played on the correct side of Lake Michigan for the past 20 some years. Feel free to take out your frustration for your loss on whoever you get in the first round of the playoffs. We'll be kicking it up in the Lambeau man cave...pimping that 4th straight NFC North title and the bye week that comes with it.

KYPack
12-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Whoa!

The King is ready.

You have to listen to any man's revelation.

It's Popeil. Ron Popeil, as in the Pocket Fisherman and ton's of other crap he's sold and made millions on.

Joemailman
12-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Game moved to 3:25. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/286511641.html

Carolina_Packer
12-21-2014, 10:31 PM
The Lions have been tamed in Wisconsin. The Packers have not lost to the Lions at either Lambeau Field or old County Stadium since 1991. Even in the awful season of 2005 when the Packers went 4-12, they still managed to beat Detroit 16-13 in OT. I bet Lambeau will be rockin'!

Pugger
12-22-2014, 12:12 AM
I have 3 words for you.

Julius Fucking Peppers.

Bloodline.

Matt Stafford, you better prepare to eat the backside of your OL...because Julius Fucking Peppers is coming. Julius Fucking Peppers is hungry. Julius Fucking Peppers has only won 1 playoff game since the month of February 2006. That 1 lonesome win was followed by Jay Cutler going all vagina on Julius Fucking Peppers as he watched the Green Bay Packers stampede to the Super Bowl.

Julius Fucking Peppers has been mostly invisible for most of the last month. After munching on the leftovers of Dirty Sanchez to the tune of 52 yards of PICKUM SIXUM, Julius Fucking Peppers went into sleep mode. Maybe he was downloading a critical Windows update. Maybe he was scanning for viruses or just trying to stay away from the mumps. 4 games...9 tackles...0 sacks...ZZZZzzzz....

Bloodline was chasing QBs left and right prior to the Packers bye week...a little gimpy, but effective. The problem was that most of our other LBs were constantly doing their best impression of what I would look like if I was playing in the NFL. Don Capers was eating breakfast one morning during the bye week, and as he looked down on the table he saw that he had some overspray Ron Pomeil-style. But as he looked closer, an image came into view where Bloodline was dropping into coverage. At first, Capers was like...WTF is that all about...but then he remembered all those unathletic and uninspiring plays from other LBs. By moving Bloodline, he could get his best athletes on the field depending on situation.

Bloodline, the spawn of a family of NFL ironmen who knew what it took to be a teammate, accepted the challenge and did what was best for the team. In the process, he only enhanced his image and has become even more impactful of a player. In the weeks since the bye week, Bloodline has been all over the field. He made Tom Brady curse like a fucking toddler with 12 different teeth trying to poke through his gums. He made Dirty Sanchez wish he could repeat the butt fumble and just crawl up inside one of his lineman's asses. Bloodline is healthy and ready to dominate.

Back to Julius Fucking Peppers. After the Packers offense decided to go into limp mode themselves against Buffalo...and still look hungover during the first quarter against the Bucs, Julius Fucking Peppers found the power button and rebooted. He got a big fat C stitched to his chest. He made a TB rookie OL kid his personal valet on Sunday as he was taking a Sunday drive down Tampa Bay Blvd right into the middle of McNown's pocket. Julius Fucking Peppers ain't getting any younger. Julius Fucking Peppers ditched the vaginas known as the BEEEAARRRSSSS and came to a winner. Julius Fucking Peppers ain't going to be denied by the Lions. Julius Fucking Peppers just sent a wink to Matthew Stafford on match.com, because that is how intimate he is expecting to get with him next weekend.

Play dirty all you want, Lionesses. We aren't going to find a happy place. We are going to use a 2 foot summer sausage...and not a fresh, moist one. It's going to hurt. It's going to end like every other game you've played on the correct side of Lake Michigan for the past 20 some years. Feel free to take out your frustration for your loss on whoever you get in the first round of the playoffs. We'll be kicking it up in the Lambeau man cave...pimping that 4th straight NFC North title and the bye week that comes with it.

/thread

I see the loins D line still pull dirty little tricks. Who is the thug who stomped on a bare and which Einstein was it that hit Clausen in the helmet as he slid? Too bad these 2 juvenile delinquents won't be suspended this week...

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2014, 01:17 AM
/thread

I see the loins D line still pull dirty little tricks. Who is the thug who stomped on a bare and which Einstein was it that hit Clausen in the helmet as he slid? Too bad these 2 juvenile delinquents won't be suspended this week...

OL Raiola stomped on a foot today. I think it's worthy of a suspension. That was really dirty.

Carolina_Packer
12-22-2014, 06:10 AM
If they want to rest Rodgers this week, well, the last time they rested him at home against the Lions, Flynn's results were pretty good. Just sayin'! :-)

KYPack
12-22-2014, 08:31 AM
OL Raiola stomped on a foot today. I think it's worthy of a suspension. That was really dirty.

Yeah, right on the ankle. That stomp was designed to injure. Raiola pulled some other dirty shit a couple weeks ago. The NFL needs to sit him down.

Raiola and Incognito are from the same school of nasty tricks.

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2014, 09:03 AM

I agree, but I want Packers to play Lions' best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjF93E4LjlA

pbmax
12-22-2014, 09:42 AM

Ansah should be gone too for hitting a sliding QB, leading with and striking a helmet. I am sure if we go back to the tape, we can come up with some more suspensions.

Guiness
12-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Ansah should be gone too for hitting a sliding QB, leading with and striking a helmet. I am sure if we go back to the tape, we can come up with some more suspensions.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't. That hit was something else, there's no 'he ducked' or anything like you see with guys who get penalized to hitting scrambling QBs behind the LOS, Clausen was well into his slide.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 16m16 minutes ago
NFL has informed #Lions C Dominic Raiola it is considering suspending him for stomp on #Bears Ego Ferguson.

pbmax
12-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m11 minutes ago
The #Bears announce that Jimmy Clausen won’t play Sunday because of a concussion sustained after Ziggy Ansah’s helmet shot as he slid

They should get Ansah too.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 01:59 PM
The #Bears announce that Jimmy Clausen won’t play Sunday because of a concussion sustained after Ziggy Ansah’s helmet shot as he slid

Ansah was probably just taking some target practice for Rodgers.

vince
12-22-2014, 02:03 PM

Jimmy can't remember much about the game but insists he's feeling great!
http://blog.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2007/07/medium_clausen.jpg

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
#Lions OL Dominic Raiola has been suspended 1 game without pay, the league has decided

QBME
12-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
#Lions OL Dominic Raiola has been suspended 1 game without pay, the league has decided

So can/will he appeal and try to push it off until later, or just take the hit now?

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 02:57 PM
So can/will he appeal and try to push it off until later, or just take the hit now?

He's going to appeal.

Apparently, he's got 6 other player safety violations on his record. And this one was pretty blatant.

But we'll see, the league might want the Lions at full strength for the title tilt.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 02:59 PM
He's going to appeal.

Apparently, he's got 6 other player safety violations on his record. And this one was pretty blatant.

But we'll see, the league might want the Lions at full strength for the title tilt.

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 6m6 minutes ago
Dominic Raiola has officially been suspended by the NFL for one game (Sunday vs. #Packers) for "repeated violations of player safety rules."

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 5m5 minutes ago
Raiola cut-blocked and punched a Patriots defensive lineman in the back of the head. A month ago.

Remember the kneeldown play where he took out an opposing player's knees?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/11/26/nfl-fine-lions-dominic-raiola-punch-patriots/19545699/

Fritz
12-22-2014, 03:12 PM
He's going to appeal.

He is gong to appeal, per Detroit radio.

To me, the Ansah hit was egregious. Sliding quarterback, a hit directly to the head, QB suffers a concussion as a result. But I have heard nothing about the league looking into that one. I wonder why.

Fritz
12-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 16m16 minutes ago
NFL has informed #Lions C Dominic Raiola it is considering suspending him for stomp on #Bears Ego Ferguson.

But since Raiola has a long history of cheap shots, the NFL is essentially saying this suspension is more than merely a blow to the Ego.

denverYooper
12-22-2014, 03:21 PM
But since Raiola has a long history of cheap shots, the NFL is essentially saying this suspension is more than merely a blow to the Ego.

The twitterati are united on the idea that he's just a dirtbag.

pbmax
12-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Brandon Marshall, from an informed standpoint, says Raiola is an individual of questionable character before the game too:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/22/brandon-marshall-on-dominic-raiola-dirty-player-worse-person/

Packgator
12-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Packers open as a 7 point favorite in Vegas.

Joemailman
12-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Packers open as a 7 point favorite in Vegas.

I thought the game was in Green Bay. WTF?

Fritz
12-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Detroit sports talk under the impression Packer fans are already looking ahead to Seattle, which in sportstalkworld means the team must be, too.

If thePacker front seven can generate a strong pass rush, Stafford will not play well. He can be rattled into turnovers.

pbmax
12-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Packer Radio fandom doesn't believe they can beat either Dallas or Seattle. Should just forfeit the season apparently. What a bunch of fence sitters.

Fritz
12-22-2014, 04:53 PM
For Detroit sports heads, it just means the Packer fans are - and so must the team be - disrespecting the Leos.

Fuggem.

Tyrion Lannister
12-22-2014, 05:19 PM

Concussion is no joking matter, but its cool we all will be witness to the return of the king on Sunday. All hail the king!

http://www.spotrac.com/assets/images/original/USATSI_7404772_160074578_lowres.jpg

Freak Out
12-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Brandon Marshall, from an informed standpoint, says Raiola is an individual of questionable character before the game too:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/22/brandon-marshall-on-dominic-raiola-dirty-player-worse-person/

It's ok....Jared Allen thinks he is a great guy and is just misunderstood.

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Fuck the Lions. Not happening Detroilet. We own your bitch ass in Lambeau and nothing has changed.

Welcome to your personal House of Horrors. You lose, we win.

And Merry Fucking Christmas with love.

Signed, Packerrats (c) 2006.

Man....You've got style. :-)

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 06:05 PM
I have 3 words for you.

Julius Fucking Peppers.

Bloodline.

:wave:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsSGD_kHiYlG_zTM4qCGLfK9D19_lyX ES_-YyrQPDkxd6xMTaN

All this time I thought....
your middle name was Frazier, Julius.

gbgary
12-22-2014, 06:12 PM
raiola will lose his appeal. too blatant and a repeat offender. hell...on appeal he might get games tacked on. lol

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 06:12 PM
He is gong to appeal, per Detroit radio.

To me, the Ansah hit was egregious. Sliding quarterback, a hit directly to the head, QB suffers a concussion as a result. But I have heard nothing about the league looking into that one. I wonder why.

They can only handle so much paperwork.

vince
12-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Lions big advantage is their front 4 on D. I think the cold, grass, and the improvement of the Packers o-line in the 2nd half of the season is enough to offset that advantage.

Also, didn't Lacy have a fumble the Lions picked up and returned for a TD last game? That changed the game if I recall. It seemed like the Lions pinned their ears back and got after Rodgers from then on.

Stay away from big special teams blunders and/or uncharacteristic turnovers and the Packers win this one. They won't stop Eddy with six in the box this week.

Tyrion Lannister
12-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Man....You've got style. :-)

And he's got grace...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhIVgSoJVRc

MadtownPacker
12-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Fuck that cheap shot bitch, let him play so he can also be responsible for the loss his shit team is about to suffer.

KYPack
12-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Let's take what they give us, piss on them.

Det will likely replace Riola with Travis Swanson, rookie 3rd round pick.

Swanson had 4 starts under his belt, but they were at G.

He's a good kid, they say.

It'll be different for him, 1st start at C, with the line calls, gun snaps and all that.

vince
12-23-2014, 06:18 AM
Things that have happened since the Lions won a game in Green Bay:

- Microsoft released MS-DOS 5.0
- the internet became available - for private commercial use
- the web browser was invented
- the airbag was invented
- average U.S. income reached $29,000
- KFC was called Kentucky Fried Chicken
- the Soviet Union existed
- Packers have reached the playoffs 17 times and won 2 Super Bowls
- Lions have not won a playoff game

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 07:00 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-ask-vic/article-1/How-can-you-not-like-the-Packers-chances/b4defe0c-2e1a-4180-98f1-d186a7a71f95?adbid=10152836373505073&adbpl=fb&adbpr=71671905072&campaign=askvic_20141222_37748727

How can you not like the Packers' chances?

Posted 21 hours ago

Vic Ketchman ... packers.com editor

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 07:05 AM

and ....

And Peyton Manning never lost to the Cincinnati Bengals until last night.

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 07:08 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-mccarthy-press-conference/article-1/Packers-want-playoff-bye/268f935e-ed12-4fdb-9264-e1ccc39fb809

Packers want playoff bye

Defense has climbed to 12th overall in yards allowed

Posted 12 hours ago

Mike Spofford ... packers.com senior writer

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 07:27 AM
This game is HUGE ! There is a lot at stake....for example.

a) The NO. 2 NFC Seed and avoiding any 1st Round Date in Dallas.

b) Aaron Rodgers bid for the NFL MVP.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

denverYooper
12-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 3m3 minutes ago
Dominic Raiola's one-game suspension has been upheld on appeal. Sits out Sunday vs GB

Teamcheez1
12-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Dominic Raiola's one-game suspension has been upheld on appeal. Sits out Sunday vs GB

I noticed on PFT they mentioned Stafford has never played a game without Ravioli at center. That should be good for at least one fumble.

Rutnstrut
12-23-2014, 05:57 PM

IMO, not having Raiola will be a huge loss for Stafford. High pressure game, and having some doubt about the guy snapping you the ball and making the protection calls= a little less confidence. Now if the GB defense can hit Stafford early and often, I think he will crack. Hard to tell though, he seems like a tough kid.

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 06:14 PM
IMO, not having Raiola will be a huge loss for Stafford. High pressure game, and having some doubt about the guy snapping you the ball and making the protection calls= a little less confidence. Now if the GB defense can hit Stafford early and often, I think he will crack. Hard to tell though, he seems like a tough kid.

Ya, both. Stafford is tough as nails, but he makes errors. He will get affected by pressure, but he'll come back for more. I like the guy, but not his mechanics.

Joemailman
12-23-2014, 06:21 PM
I could see Dom getting pretty creative with his blitz packages, taking advantage of of an inexperienced guy having to make the protection calls.

pbmax
12-23-2014, 07:31 PM

The airbag can't be right. My parents and grandparents had airbags before the first decade of the Packer's in the Wilderness was over.

Now that airbag might have gone off at odd times or not at all, but it was installed. :lol:

vince
12-23-2014, 11:15 PM
The airbag can't be right. My parents and grandparents had airbags before the first decade of the Packer's in the Wilderness was over.

Now that airbag might have gone off at odd times or not at all, but it was installed. :lol:
That's what the internet told me so it's gotta be right.

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 11:22 PM

Wow the $$$$ Royalties $$$$.

vince
12-23-2014, 11:23 PM
The first commercial designs were introduced in passenger automobiles during the 1970s with limited success. Broad commercial adoption of airbags occurred in many markets during the late 1980s and early 1990s with a driver airbag, and a front passenger airbag as well on some cars; and many modern vehicles now include four or more units.

The year was 1991, so that was in reference to the front passenger airbag I'd say.:oops:

23 years. It's a meaningless stat for Sunday but damn.

pbmax
12-23-2014, 11:28 PM
The year was 1991, so that was in reference to the front passenger airbag I'd say.:oops:

23 years. It's a meaningless stat for Sunday but damn.

My grandfather took great joy in wondering out loud when it would go off. No one else was amused as he was. :lol:

vince
12-23-2014, 11:32 PM
My grandfather took great joy in wondering out loud when it would go off. No one else was amused as he was. :lol:
That's funny. Coulda been a Seinfeld bit.

woodbuck27
12-24-2014, 07:09 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/286616861.html

Mike McCarthy: Big Week 17 game is 'exactly how you want to go into the playoffs'

By: Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Dec. 22, 2014

If your restricted or not allowed to read an article from some internet site:

Note: This info. was passed onto me by one of our 'GOOD" fellow members. :-)

To read articles after 'your FREE Monthly Limit' has been reached:

Adjust Internet Explorer active scripting settings:

Step 1: Open Internet Explorer.

a) Click the Tools menu, and then b) click Internet Options.

Step 2: On the Security tab, click the Custom level button.

Step 3. Scroll down the Security Settings list until you see Scripting

and Active scripting.

*** REMEMBER or WRITE DOWN THE INITIAL SETTING, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE

GOING BACK TO IT WHEN FINISED READING THE ARTICLE:***

*** NOTE : On my program it's normally set to 'Enable'.

Click Disable, click OK, and then click OK again.

When done reading the Online Newspaper Article... Go back to this area, hit

enable and make sure your setting is the same as it was previously.

Your good to go !

woodbuck27
12-24-2014, 07:58 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-lions-b99413952z1-286748081.html

Comment wodbuck27: There's a lot here.

Bob McGinn | On the Packers

Packers' Next Opponent: Lions;

Green Bay —

" The Detroit Lions' offense, an underachieving unit for most of the season, now faces the daunting task of defeating the Green Bay Packers on Sunday at Lambeau Field without center Dominic Raiola.

Raiola, 35, was suspended for one game Tuesday after stomping on the ankle of Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ego Ferguson two days earlier." Fr. Article

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

ptisme
12-24-2014, 01:51 PM
I would put CMIII at ILB and let the rookie center deal with him all day long…. Could be a sack record.

mraynrand
12-24-2014, 04:15 PM
I would put CMIII at ILB and let the rookie center deal with him all day long…. Could be a sack record.

maybe like this?

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/daren-bates-giants.gif?w=637&h=348

Tyrion Lannister
12-24-2014, 10:51 PM
maybe like this?

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/daren-bates-giants.gif?w=637&h=348

Didn't know that the Waterboy is with the Rams now.

mmmdk
12-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Defense wins.

pbmax
12-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Nice Bowen article on how both the Bills and Lions earlier this year limited the deep passing of the Packers. Notice the single coverage at the bottom of the Bills game footage. I would bet that is Adams, about to drop a pass versus one on one (Solo) coverage.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2309672-matt-bowens-week-17-nfl-film-study

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/889/307/8b0753a93ac47427d632094765714fba_original.jpg

denverYooper
12-26-2014, 09:12 AM
So if Adams starts catching the ball like he did in the Patriots game, Green Bay is in good shape.

He's shown he can make big catches in a big game. He'll have to put it together for the next 4 games and the Packers will be in business.

vince
12-26-2014, 01:29 PM
So if Adams starts catching the ball like he did in the Patriots game, Green Bay is in good shape.

He's shown he can make big catches in a big game. He'll have to put it together for the next 4 games and the Packers will be in business.
Adams and Lacy too will need to contribute in the passing game. Tight Ends too. Nelson and Cobb will get theirs but they won't likely go crazy like they have at times this year - at least against Detroit and Seattle. Maybe Dallas would be different.

King Friday
12-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Nice Bowen article on how both the Bills and Lions earlier this year limited the deep passing of the Packers. Notice the single coverage at the bottom of the Bills game footage. I would bet that is Adams, about to drop a pass versus one on one (Solo) coverage.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2309672-matt-bowens-week-17-nfl-film-study

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/889/307/8b0753a93ac47427d632094765714fba_original.jpg

Someone has to get open against this...it just won't be 20 yards downfield. The Packers HAVE TO BE CONTENT with short passing against these kind of defenses. Keep hitting 5-8 yarders...and eventually the deep coverage will have to roll up and then you can beat them.

This is where having Lacy as a RB is a disadvantage. You need a receiving threat at RB who is fast to be a true threat to a defense like this, as it forces the defense to defend the field from sideline to sideline as well as vertically. If a fast back goes in motion across the set behind Nelson...this defense is FUCKED...especially if you put Nelson down on bottom of the pic. If you play double coverage on Nelson with the SS, the right side of the field is now a Green Bay party fest. That is why I think Cobb in the backfield needs to be done far more often against these defenses.

pbmax
12-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Someone has to get open against this...it just won't be 20 yards downfield. The Packers HAVE TO BE CONTENT with short passing against these kind of defenses. Keep hitting 5-8 yarders...and eventually the deep coverage will have to roll up and then you can beat them.

This is where having Lacy as a RB is a disadvantage. You need a receiving threat at RB who is fast to be a true threat to a defense like this, as it forces the defense to defend the field from sideline to sideline as well as vertically. If a fast back goes in motion across the set behind Nelson...this defense is FUCKED...especially if you put Nelson down on bottom of the pic. If you play double coverage on Nelson with the SS, the right side of the field is now a Green Bay party fest. That is why I think Cobb in the backfield needs to be done far more often against these defenses.

If you go to the article, there is a snapshot of the Lions game where Quarless I think is in a crossing route with trail coverage. If Rodgers trusts him, its good for 5-10 yards depending on the backers speed. Will need some of those occasionally versus the Loins.

pbmax
12-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3h3 hours ago
#Packers injury report: House OUT; Lang, Matthews, Neal, Rodgers, Sitton are all probable.

WITH BODY PART PLEASE!

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
Injury report - Out: House (shoulder). Probable: QB Aaron Rodgers (calf), Lang (ankle), Sitton (toe), Matthews (biceps), Neal (abdomen)

Those Clif Bar snack things have been doing wonders.

Also, Perry not listed. This will be good for he eventual Seattle game!

pbmax
12-26-2014, 03:49 PM
Green Bay Packers @packers
McCarthy on schedule: I feel very good about the energy & execution. Wednesday's practice was excellent. Feel good about where we are.

Green Bay Packers @packers · 3h 3 hours ago
McCarthy on #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (probable, calf): I don't have very high concern right now. #DETvsGB

No concerns on Rodgers. "Tomorrow will be a big indicator" with practice. Not a high concern.

McCarthy on Davon House (out for Sunday): Making progress. Hopeful for playoffs. #DETvsGB

"It isn't like he hasn't played," McCarthy said on Swanson, a rookie who will start at center.

McCarthy: John (Kuhn) is extremely consistent. Having one of his best years as a lead blocker. Takes advantage of all his opportunities.

McCarthy: I think the kick return game, this is the time of year it needs to accelerate. I'm looking for that to happen Sunday. #DETvsGB

woodbuck27
12-26-2014, 04:10 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Whats-at-stake-makes-this-one-big/c36552e2-68c7-4c86-83d9-4186d18702a2?campaign=email_141226

The game Vs the Lions @ Lambeau is huge !

What makes it so and ....

TEN things we need to see to encourage a win result.

GO PACK GO !

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2014, 04:35 PM
I have exactly one standard for the Packers: just entertain, baby. My expectations for Sunday are sky-high. A good opponent, tons on the line. A possibility for glory - beating up a good team. Not a lot of injuries. I can't imagine a stinker, I'm expecting, no, demanding, a big win.

woodbuck27
12-26-2014, 04:51 PM
I have exactly one standard for the Packers: just entertain, baby. My expectations for Sunday are sky-high. A good opponent, tons on the line. A possibility for glory - beating up a good team. Not a lot of injuries. I can't imagine a stinker, I'm expecting, no, demanding, a big win.

The Packers will win this game.

wist43
12-26-2014, 08:40 PM
This will be a very tough game... I don't buy the 7 pt spread.

Detroit has handled us without too much trouble the last 2 times we've played them - granted one of those games was without Rodgers, and both were in Detroit; but still, Detriot can be a very tough out, and they have a lot of weapons.

They'll likely contain our offense under 30 pts, so it all depends on dunderdummy - of course. Almost every game comes down to dunderdummy.

mraynrand
12-26-2014, 08:50 PM
I like the Packer D-line/LBs against the beat up Lions O-line.

I think the Packer O-line will play better against the Lions front 7 than in Detroit. That's worth a 14 point swing at least.

woodbuck27
12-27-2014, 06:27 AM
This game will be close but we'll win by 7-10 Points.

Vegas has the Green Bay Packers @ [ -7.5] right now. Sat. 7:23 AM ... 27 Dec. 2014.

Bet the Packers to Cover and ...... the Under ( 47 ).

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-27-2014, 06:33 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-receivers-know-big-hits-await-b99415408z1-286910171.html

Packers receivers know big hits await.

" Granted, the Ronnie Lott days — heck, the Roy Williams days — are long gone.......Ask former Packers receiver Antonio Freeman. He suffered seven concussions, a broken forearm and a broken jaw patrolling the middle. After the jaw in 1998, he said he had to drink Ensure and milkshakes through a straw — for 13 days — with Mom in town. " Fr. Article

GO PACKERS !

gbgary
12-27-2014, 07:46 AM
farley out...that's a good thing.

gbgary
12-27-2014, 08:05 AM
this "get loud Lambeau" thing is kinda silly. it's always loud there. now if the cowboys put on a similar campaign then i'd understand. it would be 'please show up...don't sell your ticket'.

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2014, 08:16 AM
farley out...that's a good thing.

I think it is more fun to play and beat the other team's best. I always hate injuries, it sucked that Calvin Johnson was out, I think it was last game. It sucks that Lions are missing their center.

Packers need a good game against a talented team. They are due. I have a lot of confidence in Packer O-line.

Pugger
12-27-2014, 08:40 AM
This will be a very tough game... I don't buy the 7 pt spread.

Detroit has handled us without too much trouble the last 2 times we've played them - granted one of those games was without Rodgers, and both were in Detroit; but still, Detriot can be a very tough out, and they have a lot of weapons.

They'll likely contain our offense under 30 pts, so it all depends on dunderdummy - of course. Almost every game comes down to dunderdummy.

Detroit is excellent at home but not on the road. Their defense is great but their offense? That bunch made Chicago's D look competent last Sunday. Stafford is inconsistent as hell. Now they have a rookie in the middle of their O line that wasn't all that great to begin with.

King Friday
12-27-2014, 08:53 AM
I have confidence about this game. The Packer offense is due for a great game. They will be very happy to be back at home after two difficult road games.

The Detroit defense is tough, but playing Buffalo and Tampa in the previous weeks will be helpful for Green Bay. They've already been faced with stiff tests, and the coaches should understand what changes need to be made to help attack the edges more.

The Detroit offense does not scare me at all right now. Losing a veteran center is a critical blow on the road in a stadium that is going to be cold and loud.

mraynrand
12-27-2014, 09:13 AM
I think it is more fun to play and beat the other team's best. I always hate injuries, it sucked that Calvin Johnson was out, I think it was last game. It sucks that Lions are missing their center.

I bet the 49ers wished all our injured guys were playing last year

wist43
12-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Detroit is excellent at home but not on the road. Their defense is great but their offense? That bunch made Chicago's D look competent last Sunday. Stafford is inconsistent as hell. Now they have a rookie in the middle of their O line that wasn't all that great to begin with.

Yeah, Stafford is inconsistent to be sure, but if he's 'on', and dunderdummy decides not to cover anyone - that would be enough to be the ballgame right there.

I think we win - I hope we win... but it's a toss up. Calvin could very well go for over 200 yds. If that is the worst of the damage they do, we contain their running game, and Staffard is held to around 300 yds passing, with a pick or two?? I think we can win that type of game.

Pugger
12-27-2014, 11:33 AM
I bet the 49ers wished all our injured guys were playing last year

Exactly. Nobody felt sorry for us these past couple of seasons when we had all those guys on IR or playing hurt so I shed no tear for Detroit if they have guys out of this game.

Airin' Rodgers
12-27-2014, 02:10 PM
10+ point win.

jclombardi
12-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Ah woodchuck! Still around and good!!!!!!!!!!

jclombardi
12-27-2014, 02:44 PM
http://lambeaufieldinsider.com/

woodbuck27
12-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Exactly. Nobody felt sorry for us these past couple of seasons when we had all those guys on IR or playing hurt so I shed no tear for Detroit if they have guys out of this game.

Aaron Rodgers didn't buy his OL nice gifts for nothing.

It's taken a lot of years to finally get our OL back to real decency.

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2014, 04:29 PM

It's not a sympathy thing. It's a spectator perspective, I like to see the best. I was disappointed when AP was lost for year for Vikings.

I get some people are into seeing their team advance as top priority. I care about winning too. For me {inhale}, it's all about the journey, man.

woodbuck27
12-27-2014, 04:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/16722/lions-vs-packers-preview

Lions vs. Packers preview

December, 26, 2014

By: Rob Demovsky and Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com

Demovsky: The teams that have the most success against the Packers are the ones that can stop the run, get pressure on Rodgers with just a four-man rush and commit the rest of their players to coverage. The Lions seem to do that as well as anyone. Why?

Rothstein: The easy answer is Ndamukong Suh.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-27-2014, 04:49 PM
The last time the Lions and Packers played:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12016745/detroit-lions-linebacker-stephen-tulloch-discusses-bizarre-celebration-injury

Stephen Tulloch's infamy from injury

Sack celebration caused torn ACL, but fluke mishap doesn't define charitable Lion

Originally Published: December 26, 2014

pittstang5
12-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Packers won't win.

I'm at my in-laws tomorrow celebrating Christmas with the extended family. They never win when I'm there. Sorry, it's my fault, there's nothing I can do. I've tried to have it moved to a Saturday, but I'm out-voted.

Carolina_Packer
12-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Packers won't win.

I'm at my in-laws tomorrow celebrating Christmas with the extended family. They never win when I'm there. Sorry, it's my fault, there's nothing I can do. I've tried to have it moved to a Saturday, but I'm out-voted.

The Lions have not won in Wisconsin since 1991 vs. the Packers not ever winning when you are at your in-laws. Somethings gotta give. So, if they are behind at half, can you please leave their house? Fake an injury if necessary.

esoxx
12-27-2014, 08:22 PM
My biggest concern in this game is Aaron Rodgers calf. His ability to scramble and elude may be limited. Against this D that's going to be a factor.

Also expect Lions to lean more on the run game.

See a low scoring grinder brewing tomorrow.

Pack 20
Lions 17

Fritz
12-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Lion fans are very very very pumped. They think if the Lions win today, their team is the sure SB winner.

Most people guessing there will be a lot of Joquie Bell today. The Packers will have to stop the Detroit running game first, then double Megatron with your most physical corner and put your best corner on Tate, in my opinion. House would've been nice to have today for Johnson.

Defensively, the Lions will count on their front four to apply pressure. Running will be key for the Pack so e Lions can't tee off on Rodgers.

Bossman641
12-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Lion fans are very very very pumped. They think if the Lions win today, their team is the sure SB winner.

Most people guessing there will be a lot of Joquie Bell today. The Packers will have to stop the Detroit running game first, then double Megatron with your most physical corner and put your best corner on Tate, in my opinion. House would've been nice to have today for Johnson.

Defensively, the Lions will count on their front four to apply pressure. Running will be key for the Pack so e Lions can't tee off on Rodgers.

Really? It's hard to argue with winning, but they are squeaking by every week rather than dominating.

woodbuck27
12-28-2014, 11:12 AM

Yup.

The Packers 'only' go as far as Aaron Rodgers goes. The Lions game plan on defense will be entitled "STOP Aaron Rodgers".

We cannot expect Eddie lacy to carry the team's offense today. Our backup QB isn't going to do well in case of any emergency need.

When is TT going to get us a decent backup QB?

woodbuck27
12-28-2014, 11:13 AM
My biggest concern in this game is Aaron Rodgers calf. His ability to scramble and elude may be limited. Against this D that's going to be a factor.

Also expect Lions to lean more on the run game.

See a low scoring grinder brewing tomorrow.

Pack 20
Lions 17

Ohh my nerves ! :-)

Pugger
12-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Yup.

The Packers 'only' go as far as Aaron Rodgers goes. The Lions game plan on defense will be entitled "STOP Aaron Rodgers".

We cannot expect Eddie lacy to carry the team's offense today. Our backup QB isn't going to do well in case of any emergency need.

When is TT going to get us a decent backup QB?

If you go to the loins' website the defensive guys almost to a man say the key to the game is stopping LACY.

wist43
12-28-2014, 01:30 PM

I think we'll be okay on offense... as always, it comes down to dunderdummy. If he comes out in a static 2-4, and refuses to scheme to take Megatron out of the game, or at least contain him... then we'll be in big trouble.

KYPack
12-28-2014, 01:39 PM
I think we'll be okay on offense... as always, it comes down to dunderdummy. If he comes out in a static 2-4, and refuses to scheme to take Megatron out of the game, or at least contain him... then we'll be in big trouble.

Many teams play a 2-4 nickel. GB uses that and a 3-3 nickel.

Why do you have such a hard on for the 2-4?

Capers has had a great year and you look silly calling him DD all the time.

Pugger
12-28-2014, 01:41 PM

Only if Stafford plays well. Lately your favorite DC's squad has been rushing the passer pretty well and the loins have a rookie center in there. If we get in Matt's face all day he'll throw at least one pick.

wist43
12-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Many teams play a 2-4 nickel. GB uses that and a 3-3 nickel.

Why do you have such a hard on for the 2-4?

Capers has had a great year and you look silly calling him DD all the time.

He will always be DD... he's earned it.

As for the 2-4, we haven't run it much this year - and our results have been much better. Nobody runs the 2-4 as their base, whereas DD did for over 2 years - that's why I have such a hard on against it. It's a subpackage and should be run as such. It's okay to mix it in a little here and there, but nothing more than that; and given our personnel, we are simply better suited to running the 3-3.

If DD runs the 3-3 as his nickel, and mixes that with 3-4 base and dime?? I think we should be okay - but it's always a flip of the coin with Capers. He simply can't be trusted from week to week... I will never, ever trust the guy.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 06:52 PM

Yep. Allowed 20 points including two TDs on short fields.

If only they hired a part-timer who could do better.