PDA

View Full Version : Losing record in the playoffs?

MadtownPacker
12-22-2014, 09:21 PM
So how do you mofos feel about the NFC south champ having a losing record and that team possibly playing the Packers somehow? I don't have a problem with it. I think it makes winning the division such a special accomplishment. It is what makes great games when it is a division foe. The anything can happen feel can't be beat. The NFL is boss and is loving the way everything played out this season. I bet way high up they are happy with all the scandals too. That shit isn't stopping anyone from watching. They don't give fuck how you feel they just need you to watch which we are all happy to do. Isn't that some shit?:grin:

woodbuck27
12-22-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't want to see the Playoff Eligible Format change.

red
12-22-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm fine with them getting in if they are division champs, but I don't think they should get a home playoff game over a team with a better record

Guiness
12-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Ended up being not as bad as it could've...division winner will probably have 7 wins. For a while there, it was looking like 5 wins was going to get someone in.

Joemailman
12-22-2014, 10:20 PM
What Red said..... Did I actually say that? :whaa:

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2014, 10:26 PM
I thought the poll I made on this topic was bad. I'm feelin a little better about myself.

I'm with the red tide.

Pugger
12-23-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm fine with them getting in if they are division champs, but I don't think they should get a home playoff game over a team with a better record

This! Let all the division winners get in but the team with the better record should be rewarded with a home WC game.

LP
12-23-2014, 11:28 AM
You win your division, you get a home game. If you can't win your division, you don't deserve a home game. Take care of your own business and quit whining about the rest!

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 11:30 AM
You win your division, you get a home game. If you can't win your division, you don't deserve a home game. Take care of your own business and quit whining about the rest!

Hear, hear! Only thing I would change is the re-seeding crap. Seed the playoffs and then leave the bracket alone.

red
12-23-2014, 02:22 PM
What Red said..... Did I actually say that? :whaa:

Yup, and you did it on the interweb

The interweb is forever. No takebacks

red
12-23-2014, 02:24 PM
I thought the poll I made on this topic was bad. I'm feelin a little better about myself.

I'm with the red tide.

I veto your agreement

We feel that your involvement with this idea would have a negative impact on said idea

pbmax
12-23-2014, 07:42 PM

Finally, the voice of reason.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2014, 08:32 PM
I think there will be some change.

Winning division guarantees a playoff birth.
Best record determines home field.

The Packerrats seem set against this change. But everything I hear from sports pundits suggests a change makes sense. Fans outside of this nest of rats also seem against 7-9 division winners getting homefield against 12-4 wildcards. We'll see.

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 09:52 PM

That's a good/reasonable suggestion.

Determine 'The Six' and then after the regular schedule seed them based on their record.

Joemailman
12-23-2014, 10:00 PM
I think there will be some change.

Winning division guarantees a playoff birth.
Best record determines home field.

The Packerrats seem set against this change. But everything I hear from sports pundits suggests a change makes sense. Fans outside of this nest of rats also seem against 7-9 division winners getting homefield against 12-4 wildcards. We'll see.

Mad's sucky poll didn't allow for a division winner with a losing record getting in, but not getting home field. It's either accepting the current format, or it's bullshit that a team with a losing record gets in. Maybe providing 3 poll options is too much for a Mexican.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Mad's sucky poll

I gave myself an F for the poll I made on this topic.
Mad flunks and gets expelled from school.

mraynrand
12-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Fans outside of this nest of rats also seem against 7-9 division winners getting homefield against 12-4 wildcards. We'll see.

I could see that changing.

George Cumby
12-23-2014, 11:52 PM
I like the incongruity of the better team having to travel to the lesser teams stadium. Kind of capricious, like the way a football bounces. If you can't meet that adversity and beat a clearly lesser team on the road, do you deserve to win the big game?

woodbuck27
12-23-2014, 11:56 PM
I like the incongruity of the better team having to travel to the lesser teams stadium. Kind of capricious, like the way a football bounces. If you can't meet that adversity and beat a clearly lesser team on the road, do you deserve to win the big game?

Heck !

Get the SIX and then draw straws.

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2014, 12:44 AM

Truth be told, I kinda agree.

I do think it is desirable to have the two best teams in different bracket halves so they are likely to meet in conference championship. Beyond that, who cares.

MadtownPacker
12-24-2014, 06:05 AM
Mad's sucky poll didn't allow for a division winner with a losing record getting in, but not getting home field. It's either accepting the current format, or it's bullshit that a team with a losing record gets in. Maybe providing 3 poll options is too much for a Mexican.See unlike you overprivileged fucks I tend to live in the reality of what currently exist. Right now that is the two options on the poll regardless of what any whiskeyed up honkies think. So decide what you feel about how it is now instead of crying about how you want it to be.

MadtownPacker
12-24-2014, 06:08 AM
I gave myself an F for the poll I made on this topic.
Mad flunks and gets expelled from school.Agreed. You should F yourself.

MadtownPacker
12-24-2014, 06:17 AM
I like the incongruity of the better team having to travel to the lesser teams stadium. Kind of capricious, like the way a football bounces. If you can't meet that adversity and beat a clearly lesser team on the road, do you deserve to win the big game?Finally, an Americano with balls!! GC is a real hombre and doesn't need shit handed to him on a silver platter. The crazy shit is what makes the NFL so interesting. Congrats on not pussying up the game man.
No surprise you are both named George.

https://bamfstyle.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/blowls-ls-beer.jpg

Guiness
12-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Division winners get a home game, end of story. It's part of the reward for, you know, winning the division. Otherwise might as well make it like hockey where they have pretend divisions but it doesn't really matter because the top 8 in each conference get in, regardless.

You can also put me in the "Don't re-seed" category. If the #6 team goes on the road and knocks off that lowly division winner, they get their path to the SB - rights of conquest and all that.

Rastak
12-25-2014, 05:34 PM

Completely agree. 100%.