PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Seahawks Discussion and Prediction Thread, 2014 Playoffs Edition

pbmax
12-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Enough namby pamby talking down about the Packers chances against the Seachickens, AKA the majority stockholders of GNC and Golds Gym.

Put in a game prediction in the poll, post a score of that game and discuss. You are free to assume its a road game, but please give the scenario in case anyone wants to argue the Packers might be playing at home for this game.

Taking a point from Harlan in another thread about the Packers struggling against physical teams on the road, I offer the following:

1. If you divide that critique into parts, I do agree. Its a different offense on the road. I suspect some of this has to do with the Tackles and some with Linsley. But with a year under their belt, they will be more fit that in Week 1 to tackle this challenge.

2. Physical teams have presented some problems, but the Defense has held its own and so has the O line. If I needed any two parts of the team to come up big in a tough game, I would want to count on the WRs and QBs.

3. Last part of critique is scoring offense, especially red zone performance. Teams are tilting heavily to disrupt routes and Rodgers to prevent the big passing game. Packers will need to drive the length of the field and score inside the 20 better than their recent efforts to advance in the playoffs. If one person can be counted on to solve that problem on the team, its McCarthy.

He has already adjusted the no huddle, changed receiver alignments and found a way to pass to his backs to support the mediocre TEs. He will find a solution to the red zone.

3a. Capers D hasn't had much trouble lately with physical teams. Perry, APRH, will set a better edge against mis-direction of the Seattle O than Matthew did. Plus its on film and they will be ready. I also predict Brad Jones will be able to cover Luke Wilson, actor, comedian and TE. :lol:

Packers 27, Seahawks 17

vince
12-23-2014, 11:47 PM
That was my prediction before game 1. That Buffalo game is still sticking in my craw a little bit. Tough environment. Receivers got disrupted. Seattle's DBs probably the best in the business at disrupting routes - if they can get away with it, which they usually seem to. Bad matchup all the way around for the Pack.

Seattle runs tough and doesn't turn it over. Good double threat QB who can beat you with his legs. Those are all things that can beat Green Bay's D, though they have definitely improved since the bye week.

Seattle's D can get after the passer, rangy tough linebackers and without running through every secondary I'll say the best big tough secondary in the league.

Tough matchup in every way.

Seattle 27- Pack 17

But that's why they play the game

George Cumby
12-23-2014, 11:47 PM
22-17, Packers.

Why? Just fucking because, that's why!

denverYooper
12-24-2014, 09:12 AM
40-15 Packers.

McCarthy calls one for the ages, dictating the game to the Seahawks. Rodgers nails a 66 yard bomb to Adams on the opening drive and leads another 12-play, 80 yard TD drive on the next series as the Packers get downhill and don't look back.

Improbable? Yep... improbable as hell.

Impossible? No way man.

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2014, 10:51 AM
From what we've seen, if the Packers play Seattle ten times on road, maybe they win twice. I'm hoping to see something this weekend that makes me feel better about odds.

Bretsky
12-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Who in the hell created this poll ? Wouldn't they play in 2015 ........... :)))))

Bretsky
12-24-2014, 12:15 PM
My answer assumes the game is in Seattle

I did believe GB would win if they had home field advantage but it would be a 51-49 feeling we win at home.

Russell Wilson is the QB we don't want to face with an elite defense cause the dude rarely gives up turnovers

Bretsky
12-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Enough namby pamby talking down about the Packers chances against the Seachickens, AKA the majority stockholders of GNC and Golds Gym.

Put in a game prediction in the poll, post a score of that game and discuss. You are free to assume its a road game, but please give the scenario in case anyone wants to argue the Packers might be playing at home for this game.

Taking a point from Harlan in another thread about the Packers struggling against physical teams on the road, I offer the following:

1. If you divide that critique into parts, I do agree. Its a different offense on the road. I suspect some of this has to do with the Tackles and some with Linsley. But with a year under their belt, they will be more fit that in Week 1 to tackle this challenge.

2. Physical teams have presented some problems, but the Defense has held its own and so has the O line. If I needed any two parts of the team to come up big in a tough game, I would want to count on the WRs and QBs.

3. Last part of critique is scoring offense, especially red zone performance. Teams are tilting heavily to disrupt routes and Rodgers to prevent the big passing game. Packers will need to drive the length of the field and score inside the 20 better than their recent efforts to advance in the playoffs. If one person can be counted on to solve that problem on the team, its McCarthy.

He has already adjusted the no huddle, changed receiver alignments and found a way to pass to his backs to support the mediocre TEs. He will find a solution to the red zone.

3a. Capers D hasn't had much trouble lately with physical teams. Perry, APRH, will set a better edge against mis-direction of the Seattle O than Matthew did. Plus its on film and they will be ready. I also predict Brad Jones will be able to cover Luke Wilson, actor, comedian and TE. :lol:

Packers 27, Seahawks 17

I thought you were making some great points until you brought JustaGuy Jones into your argument.....then all credibility was lost :)

Bretsky
12-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Seattle 23
Green Bay 16

denverYooper
12-24-2014, 01:58 PM
My answer assumes the game is in Seattle

I did believe GB would win if they had home field advantage but it would be a 51-49 feeling we win at home.

Russell Wilson is the QB we don't want to face with an elite defense cause the dude rarely gives up turnovers

Wilson is pretty risk averse but every time I watch him, he throws at least a couple that could get picked. Hang on to those and you're in business.

Maxie the Taxi
12-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Wilson is pretty risk averse but every time I watch him, he throws at least a couple that could get picked. Hang on to those and you're in business.

Wilson is frustrating to watch. Against Arizona he was a split second away from getting sacked about a hundred times. Guy has eyes in the back of his head.

Nevertheless, I'd still blitz the hell out of him, get him to make quick throws off balance.

mraynrand
12-24-2014, 04:08 PM
premature. I'll comment if it's scheduled.

MadtownPacker
12-24-2014, 06:35 PM
premature. I'll comment if it's scheduled.Exactly. Did PB really make this thread? Arrogant prick, if it don't happen his ass is banned for a month. You getting drunk already PB?

denverYooper
12-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Whatever. This team needs some swagger. That starts with the fans.

pbmax
12-24-2014, 09:56 PM
I thought you were making some great points until you brought JustaGuy Jones into your argument.....then all credibility was lost :)

That was just for you. :)

And he has had a couple of solid games in coverage and blitzing.

pbmax
12-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Exactly. Did PB really make this thread? Arrogant prick, if it don't happen his ass is banned for a month. You getting drunk already PB?

HO HO HO! Merry Christmas Rats.

Not drinking, just want to look forward to the playoffs without dread.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 37m37 minutes ago
Ron Rivera tells us Star Lotulelei broke a small bone in his foot. Surgery upcoming.

Seattle racking up the opponent injury luck.

3irty1
01-07-2015, 02:09 PM
This thread is a monument to the hubris of man.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 02:12 PM
This thread is a monument to the hubris of man.

THANK YOU!

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 23m23 minutes ago Charlotte, NC
Sounds like Colin Cole likely will start in place of Star.

BUT EVEN I DIDN'T SEE COLIN COLE HAVING THIS LONG OF A CAREER

Bossman641
01-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Ron Rivera tells us Star Lotulelei broke a small bone in his foot. Surgery upcoming.

Watch Cam get injured in the next 2 days as well....

woodbuck27
01-07-2015, 02:23 PM

Ouch !

pbmax
01-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Still time to vote all you doubting Thomases to weigh in.

Destiny awaits.

denverYooper
01-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Well, we know who has faith, and who has stones. I should probably take a screen capture, for posterity.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 05:45 PM
If all goes according to plan, I plan on bumping this every time someone disagrees with me.

:lol:

gbgary
01-11-2015, 07:50 PM
heck of thread pb.

well...with Rodgers in his current state and sea with a much better pass rush, and defense in general than dal or det, i don't see us winning. i think they're the early 90s cowboys to us right now. super happy we eliminated dal though.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 08:47 PM

I'll let pbmax off the hook because Brad Jones might 'in fact' be able to cover Luke Wilson (Actor,Comedic actor); now covering Luke Willson (with 2 X L's) a 6' - 6 " - 252 lb TE from LaSalle , Quebec, Canada is another matter again.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 09:58 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/11/seahawks-open-as-seven-point-favorites-vs-packers/

Pedhawks open as 7 point favorite. O/U is 47 at the Seachickens House of Piped In Sound

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 09:17 AM
I got my wish yesterday:

A Green Bay Packer return to Seattle Seahawks this season for the NFC Championship.

The early line has Seattle as 7.5 Point Favourites and the O/U @ 47.

51% are taking Green Bay and the points (7.5).

Comparing the teams:

Aaron Rodgers is NO. 1 in Real QB Rating and Russell Wilson is NO.4.

The Packers NO. 1 in Passing Yards Vs Seattle NO.14.

The Packers NO. 2 in Scoreability Vs Seattle NO. 14.

The Packers OL is NO.2 Vs Seattle NO.8.

The offensive potential lies in the Packers favor.

Defensively it's ALL SEATTLE. They're NO. 1 Vs the NO. 16 Defense of the Packers.

In Toxic Differential 'a big edge to Seattle':

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/teams/335/green-bay-packers/#Toxic%20Differential$361$SeasonMax=5000&SeasonMin=1990

Penaltys - This stat. is in the Packers favor:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/teams/335/green-bay-packers/#Penalties$361$SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin=1990

Special Teams:

Seattle is ranked NO. 19 and the Packers NO. 22.

I believe this will be a good game if Aaron Rodgers can remain onboard. A very good game.

We at Packerrats will be simply relieved when this game begins.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-12-2015, 10:03 AM
heck of thread pb.

well...with Rodgers in his current state and sea with a much better pass rush, and defense in general than dal or det, i don't see us winning. i think they're the early 90s cowboys to us right now. super happy we eliminated dal though.

If you look at the # of sacks Seattle had this season I don't know if Seattle's pass rush is better than Detroit's.

Pugger
01-12-2015, 10:04 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/11/seahawks-open-as-seven-point-favorites-vs-packers/

Pedhawks open as 7 point favorite. O/U is 47 at the Seachickens House of Piped In Sound

:lol: :lol:

pbmax
01-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Packers have only allowed 10 sacks in last nine games. ~ from Packer Report

pbmax
01-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Good grief:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 14m14 minutes ago
By @DanWetzel: Fail Mary's @realLanceEasley says he's suffering from PTSD. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/since--fail-mary---referee-lance-easley-says-he-is-battling-ptsd-120929270.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw …

Worth your time. Not sure what I think.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 2h2 hours ago
James Carpenter had best pack a big-ass lunch before he deals with Mike Daniels on Sunday. That's all I have to say.

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Good grief:

By @DanWetzel: Fail Mary's @realLanceEasley says he's suffering from PTSD. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/since--fail-mary---referee-lance-easley-says-he-is-battling-ptsd-120929270.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw …

I think he's been suffering.

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 01:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000457141/article/aaron-rodgers-i-think-ive-got-120-minutes-left-in-me

Aaron Rodgers: 'I think I've got 120 minutes left in me'

By: Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Jan. 12, 2015 at 08:30 a.m. ..... Updated: Jan. 12, 2015 at 09:52 a.m.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-12-2015, 01:35 PM
My heart takes the packers straight up. My wallet takes the packers and the points. My head says Seattle wins another blowout.

Freak Out
01-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Logic has nothing to do with these kinds of things (in my world). I'm taking the Packers of course.....they'll find a way to do it. Somehow, someway...whether it's a bad call by the refs or a fluke turnover the Pack wins it.

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 02:10 PM
If I listen to my guts that's most likely best.

Sometimes my guts almost screems something to me in terms of a prediction ...and I ignore it or plainly just don't get it.

My guts said Baltimore on the road over Pittsburgh and I ignored that.

My guts last week tried very hard to inform me that it would be the Indy Colts on the road over a sputtering Denver Bronco team. Again I blew it and picked Denver.

It's very early in this week. Almost silently my guts is informing me. Telling me to not be concerned and that The Green Bay Packers defeat Seattle this Sunday and will go to the Super Bowl.

3irty1
01-12-2015, 02:12 PM
I'll start by saying if this thread didn't exist, we'd have beaten Dallas by 30.

Ok now lets play Week 1 vs Today:

Brad Jones played 70 fucking snaps.
Sherrod played majority of the game at RT.
12 carries and a concussion for Lacy.
Boykin practically a starter.
Daniels hits a punter.
Cobb dropped a big pass.
Mebane on the field.
Percy Harvin on the field.
Probowl TE Zach Miller on the field.
Packer rookie class 17 games smarter.
Seattle rookie class half on IR.
Guion hasn't yet sweat out Viking choke toxins.
Rodgers not yet on performance enhancing toradol
Red unofficial thread mojo not yet invented.

In conclusion: Packers 31, Seahawks 13, Bears 0

pbmax
01-12-2015, 02:17 PM
I'll start by saying if this thread didn't exist, we'd have beaten Dallas by 30.

i am going the counterfactual and focus on the bolded.

How long does that process normally take? :lol:

Bossman641
01-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Good grief:

Didn't he write a book or something? And also returned to Seattle for a softball game as a guest of Sherman?

Hate to see a guy struggling but it sure seems like he tried to capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame. Compare Easley's actions to a guy like Bartman who just tried to fade away into the sunset. Full disclosure: I haven't read the article yet.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Didn't he write a book or something? And also returned to Seattle for a softball game as a guest of Sherman?

Hate to see a guy struggling but it sure seems like he tried to capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame.

I almost feel bad I insisted you must be mentally impaired to call that a TD.

Guiness
01-12-2015, 02:48 PM

Hate to see a guy struggling but it sure seems like he tried to capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame. Compare Easley's actions to a guy like Bartman who just tried to fade away into the sunset. Full disclosure: I haven't read the article yet.

Looks like he did all that, mostly as part of trying to cope, to roll with the punches, but it overwhelmed him.

3irty1
01-12-2015, 03:01 PM
i am going the counterfactual and focus on the bolded.

How long does that process normally take? :lol:

Viking choke toxins (VCT) are fat soluble so its more of a linear cleanse than a binary one. The half-life is something like 100 snaps wearing green and gold.

Tony Oday
01-12-2015, 03:04 PM
No Chance...well a chance if the Seahawks all get baked out of their gourdes and forget to go to the game.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 32m32 minutes ago
Slocum said he's happy Harvin is with Jets and not Seahawks; said bye week work paid dividends vs. Dallas.

McCarthy Presser

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago
McCarthy said Rodgers feels better this time last week than last week. No practice plan yet. Will determine Wednesday w/med. staff.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m21 minutes ago
MM: The plan will be set on Wednesday. Aaron will see doctor before team meeting.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 20m20 minutes ago
MM on 1st SEA game: Anytime you have an experience to draw from, you have to do that. The video will show you some of same matchups come Sun

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
Crowd noise the first time: Handled it well in Week 1. Did use three timeouts in the first half due to boundary communication.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
No Harvin: Dynamic player but not focused on that. Just who's there now. "going to be a great matchup."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 20m20 minutes ago
McCarthy: It's going to be a great matchup. They're a dynamic offense.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 19m19 minutes ago
MM on no Harvin: Percy is a dynamic player. That's really not what we're focused on. Focused on what's on tape. Russell playing outstanding

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
Seattle defense is playing "very well." In synch, fly around, talented. "Playing as a unit" with rush patterns, drops.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 19m19 minutes ago
MM on Adams: Davante took advantage of his opportunities. There are other factors involved in that. Liked how he played against Dallas

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 18m18 minutes ago
MM: I think the football we played in our last nine opportunities puts us in position to win NFC championship

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
MM on game plan from last game: Did some good things. Pivotal plays early hurt team.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
MM thought Sherman would follow Nelson to left side. Didn't. "The ball went where it went."

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 17m17 minutes ago
MM: I think the sack-safety is when the game got away from us. They made huge plays in the Carolina game

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 17m17 minutes ago
MM: You watch Richard Rodgers Week 1 and watch him vs Cowboys, you're looking at a different player

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
Adams and R. Rodgers among four rookies playing big roles. MM thought Adams/Rodgers growth obvious compared to Wk 1 after watching that film

DOES THE NFL MANDATE LONGER SESSIONS IN THE PLAYOFFS?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
McCarthy on Peppers. Fewer snaps. More production. Made one of biggest plays with the strip vs. Dallas. Great addition to team.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 15m15 minutes ago
MM: This is a big challenge. They're very unique with what they do with Russell Wilson.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14m14 minutes ago
Team will fly to Seattle on Friday. Will have typical Saturday practice out there.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 13m13 minutes ago
MM: These are things we've been looking at for quite sometime. Our involvement in the sports science, training staff. Something we planned

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 13m13 minutes ago
MM: I didnt know we were playing at noon (Pacific). I thought we would be playing later. This is more about flight, components you feel you can gain

Cheesehead Craig
01-12-2015, 03:54 PM
28-27 Packers. The defense comes through at the end.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 05:03 PM
M3, working on no sleep, drawing up Z routes for Adams instead.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
It's only Monday, but the ol' head coach seemed pretty loose today.

LP
01-12-2015, 06:25 PM

Ok now lets play Week 1 vs Today:

Brad Jones played 70 fucking snaps.
Sherrod played majority of the game at RT.
12 carries and a concussion for Lacy.
Boykin practically a starter.
Daniels hits a punter.
Cobb dropped a big pass.
Mebane on the field.
Percy Harvin on the field.
Probowl TE Zach Miller on the field.
Packer rookie class 17 games smarter.
Seattle rookie class half on IR.
Rodgers not yet on performance enhancing toradol
Red unofficial thread mojo not yet invented.

In conclusion: Packers 31, Seahawks 13, Bears 0

No way the Bears score that much!

pbmax
01-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Another reason for Daniels' increased workload was Josh Boyd's knee problem. He reinjured his right knee on his eighth snap and, after a strong early showing, came back for just three more plays.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-packers-vs-cowboys-b99424532z1-288358781.html

Datone Jones came in for him.

QBME
01-13-2015, 09:56 AM

Line has moved to 7-1/2, O/U now 46-1/2.

denverYooper
01-13-2015, 10:00 AM
I can't wait until Rodgers takes the top right off of Seattle's defense on the 1st play.

They've been opening up every game lately with a heavy dose of Lacy (for many reasons). Watch him line up in the backfield and the Packers go playaction right off the bat.

yetisnowman
01-13-2015, 10:24 AM
We just don't matchup well with the Seahawks. We are sort of a finesse, smoke and mirrors defense that doesn't tackle particularly well and has trouble containing mobile qbs. Cue Lynch and Wilson. Their defense will likely take Jordy completely out of the game and make it tough for Lacy and the other guys to get chunk plays and touchdowns.
And if Aaron is still super gimpy, I just don't see it. Now I would love to be wrong.
If he plays out of his mind and/or Wilson has an uncharacteristically poor game and gives us a key turnover or two, we have a shot. Defense has to be physical and tackle soundly, and the offense needs to have key contributions from the role players like last week. Anything is possible. GPG!

Freak Out
01-13-2015, 10:29 AM
We just don't matchup well with the Seahawks. We are sort of a finesse, smoke and mirrors defense that doesn't tackle particularly well and has trouble containing mobile qbs. Cue Lynch and Wilson. Their defense will likely take Jordy completely out of the game and make it tough for Lacy and the other guys to get chunk plays and touchdowns.
And if Aaron is still super gimpy, I just don't see it. Now I would love to be wrong.
If he plays out of his mind and/or Wilson has an uncharacteristically poor game and gives us a key turnover or two, we have a shot. Defense has to be physical and tackle soundly, and the offense needs to have key contributions from the role players like last week. Anything is possible. GPG!

Welcome Yeti.

woodbuck27
01-13-2015, 10:31 AM
I can't wait until Rodgers takes the top right off of Seattle's defense on the 1st play.

They've been opening up every game lately with a heavy dose of Lacy (for many reasons). Watch him line up in the backfield and the Packers go playaction right off the bat.

Aaron Rodgers >>> Jordy Nelson...TD !

Packers out front early 7-0.

I like it !

Patler
01-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Teams are funny things. It often takes "something" to push them one direction or another.

In 2010 it was injuries, which for some reason did not phase that team in the least. They really didn't care. It wasn't just saying the right things, from interviews you could sense that the team was focused. Woodson was the catalyst that channeled their emotion.

In 2011 it was just the opposite. It was easy to sense the eroding confidence in that team toward the end of the year. They knew that the unbeaten start was a fluke, and they didn't know if they were a good team or not. It was a confident team at the start of the season, a confused team toward the end. The tragedy surrounding Philbin knocked out any heart they had left.

This version of the Packers has united around two things, Peppers and the injury to Rodgers. Peppers has obviously inspired them. They talk with a bit of awe about his pregame speech before the Bear game, and they have manifested it by electing him a captain for the playoffs. Quite something for a guy in his first year on the team getting the nod from the players over the obvious choices like Matthews, maybe Williams, even Hawk, the longest tenured. This is not the same defense as before the overblown move of Matthews, and Peppers has kicked it up a notch. Offensively, they play with confidence, and the O-line is on a mission to protect Rodgers. They are playing better than any line since the Clifton, Wahle Flanagan, Rivera, Tauscher line was in it's prime years. As for Rodgers himself? The injury is just another obstacle for him to overcome, which is what his career is based on.

GB will win this game. The score will be close, because it will be relatively low scoring, but there will be nothing fluky about the Packers victory. It will be a solid win.

3irty1
01-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Teams are funny things. It often takes "something" to push them one direction or another.

In 2010 it was injuries, which for some reason did not phase that team in the least. They really didn't care. It wasn't just saying the right things, from interviews you could sense that the team was focused. Woodson was the catalyst that channeled their emotion.

In 2011 it was just the opposite. It was easy to sense the eroding confidence in that team toward the end of the year. They knew that the unbeaten start was a fluke, and they didn't know if they were a good team or not. It was a confident team at the start of the season, a confused team toward the end. The tragedy surrounding Philbin knocked out any heart they had left.

This version of the Packers has united around two things, Peppers and the injury to Rodgers. Peppers has obviously inspired them. They talk with a bit of awe about his pregame speech before the Bear game, and they have manifested it by electing him a captain for the playoffs. Quite something for a guy in his first year on the team getting the nod from the players over the obvious choices like Matthews, maybe Williams, even Hawk, the longest tenured. This is not the same defense as before the overblown move of Matthews, and Peppers has kicked it up a notch. Offensively, they play with confidence, and the O-line is on a mission to protect Rodgers. They are playing better than any line since the Clifton, Wahle Flanagan, Rivera, Tauscher line was in it's prime years. As for Rodgers himself? The injury is just another obstacle for him to overcome, which is what his career is based on.

GB will win this game. The score will be close, because it will be relatively low scoring, but there will be nothing fluky about the Packers victory. It will be a solid win.

+1

I too can envision a win without employing any bears shit.

3irty1
01-13-2015, 10:49 AM

I just hope Jordy Nelson can put his humility aside long enough to call Sherman mediocre afterwards.

pbmax
01-13-2015, 11:20 AM
I just hope Jordy Nelson can put his humility aside long enough to call Sherman mediocre afterwards.

I'll settle for slower than he looks. :lol:

denverYooper
01-13-2015, 11:26 AM

There's often been the sense that "as long as they have Rodgers, they can win". It's still true, but it seems like the injury has forced other players to step up their games or has forced him to rely on others more. Rodgers made some great throws on Sunday but at least a few of those might not happen if he's more mobile. The Quarless TD was one of those throws he just doesn't make if he can run.

Adams, too, after his first miscue where he was blocking and failed to disengage to head outside for a catch, seemed to just click. His grab on the final drive, where he just attacked the ball in the air and fought off the DB for a huge gain, was a thing of beauty. Then Cobb's recognition and effort on that tipped ball. They have different guys making plays on offense, not just Rodgers. What they need most from him to win is his ability to direct the game at the line and keep them in good plays. Of course, the occasional frozen rope TD helps.

Smidgeon
01-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Welcome Yeti.

Did wist make another account?

Fritz
01-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Did wist make another account?

Not Yeti.

woodbuck27
01-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Patler:

on Monday I thought I felt the Packers winning in Seattle but I needed a nights sleep to be more sure.

I awoke this morning and I felt that Packer win.... 'gut feeling'..... somewhat stronger.

I need another nights sleep on that but it's really feeling pretty good.

Ohh guts speak all and only truth to me:

A Green Bay Packer win in Seattle !

Is it there guts?

pbmax
01-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Many need to vote yet.

Time grows short.

QBME
01-14-2015, 06:36 AM
Many need to vote yet.

Time grows short.

Ah, peer group pressure....and I crumbled.

smuggler
01-14-2015, 06:51 AM
If Rodgers were 100%, I would have voted Pack. I don't see it with him unable to run.

George Cumby
01-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Patler:

on Monday I thought I felt the Packers winning in Seattle but I needed a nights sleep to be more sure.

I awoke this morning and I felt that Packer win.... 'gut feeling'..... somewhat stronger.

I need another nights sleep on that but it's really feeling pretty good.

Ohh guts speak all and only truth to me:

A Green Bay Packer win in Seattle !

Is it there guts?

That's it. Some one find a Druid. We need to open up this moose and read his entrails.

ThunderDan
01-14-2015, 08:26 AM
I actually think that Rodgers injury may be a plus. I like it when we have to run the quicker timing routes and rely on the run. With Rodgers healthy we run longer developing plays which can cause a lot of troubles against a team like Seattle.

mraynrand
01-14-2015, 08:34 AM
That's it. Some one find a Druid. We need to open up this moose and read his entrails.

I'd bet even money there is a license plate in there.

QBME
01-14-2015, 08:40 AM

http://i57.tinypic.com/9zud6d.jpg

Wait..yes..there it is...a Packer victory!!

pbmax
01-14-2015, 09:01 AM

How could we think of doing that to Woody?

pbmax
01-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Well that was a fine wake up call this morning.

mraynrand
01-14-2015, 10:11 AM
How could we think of doing that to Woody?

I could get a good look at a T-bone if I stick my head up a moose's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word.

George Cumby
01-14-2015, 10:58 AM
I could get a good look at a T-bone if I stick my head up a moose's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word.

I would pay good money for front row seats to this show.

Freak Out
01-14-2015, 11:56 AM
I take it everybody and their brother signed up for the free tickets at packers.com?

pbmax
01-14-2015, 12:09 PM
I take it everybody and their brother signed up for the free tickets at packers.com?

Are you offering airfare?

denverYooper
01-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Are you offering airfare?

It comes with a $1000 travel credit.

Fosco33
01-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Any given Sunday - Pack can win. If we played them 10 times with same scenarios - I'd say we win 3.

If AR were healthy - I'd say 5 of 10.

I'm hoping I'm wrong though... I was in Vegas for the last game vs. Seattle and have a wager that Pack wins the SB. :-)

woodbuck27
01-14-2015, 02:19 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/9zud6d.jpg

Wait..yes..there it is...a Packer victory!!

I'm thinking the guy with his head in the body cavity is saying :

Mwwauu mwwauu mwwauu ....where the hell is my hunting knife !

If you ever made kills you know what I mean.

QBME
01-14-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm thinking:

Where the hell is my hunting knife !

If you ever made kills you know what I mean.

I do know what you mean. It's also a nice warm up for the hands if you've been on the stand for a while.

woodbuck27
01-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

I remember the posts on this forum about the time that the Buffalo Bills were shopping Marshawn Lynch and it appeared that maybe? The Packers might trade for him. What was a trade scenario back then: AJ Hawk for M.L?

Aaron Rodgers was talking about that to the media today and about his time playing with Marshawn Lynch in College.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459003/article/aaron-rodgers-talks-near-marshawn-lynch-reunion

Aaron Rodgers talks near Marshawn Lynch reunion

By Dan Hanzus ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Jan. 14, 2015 at 06:16 p.m. ... Updated: Jan. 14, 2015 at 06:35 p.m.

King Friday
01-14-2015, 08:56 PM
I wanted Lynch. He would've been a great addition to the Packer offense. In the end, we did wind up with Lacy...which is nice too. However, I'm disappointed that Thompson did not recognize the value of Lynch and the value of a running game for so long.

Patler
01-14-2015, 09:24 PM
I wanted Lynch. He would've been a great addition to the Packer offense. In the end, we did wind up with Lacy...which is nice too. However, I'm disappointed that Thompson did not recognize the value of Lynch and the value of a running game for so long.

What makes you think TT didn't recognize it? The same year he was unsuccessful in getting Lynch, they found what Starks could give them, and they have had Starks ever since. When Starks proved to be unreliable health-wise, he invested a highish pick in Green, and when that didn't work he drafted Lacy. Before Lynch, TT invested a lot of money in Ryan Grant when Grant was a very productive running back. Wasn't it Steven Jackson that TT also made a run at after Lynch? Early on, he drafted Brandon Jackson just as high as Lacy.

TT has tried to find effective backs, just hasn't been real successful other than with Grant and Lacy, and somewhat with Starks. However, he will not overinvest for any position, including RB.

channtheman
01-14-2015, 09:38 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

I remember the posts on this forum about the time that the Buffalo Bills were shopping Marshawn Lynch and it appeared that maybe? The Packers might trade for him. What was a trade scenario back then: AJ Hawk for M.L?

Aaron Rodgers was talking about that to the media today and about his time playing with Marshawn Lynch in College.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459003/article/aaron-rodgers-talks-near-marshawn-lynch-reunion

Aaron Rodgers talks near Marshawn Lynch reunion

By Dan Hanzus ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Jan. 14, 2015 at 06:16 p.m. ... Updated: Jan. 14, 2015 at 06:35 p.m.

Boy, if we could have gotten rid of Hawk and obtain Marshawn "I can't talk to the media" Lynch at the same time, that would have been incredible. Can we trade Brad Jones for an all pro TE somewhere?

woodbuck27
01-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Here's what their saying about Green Bay @ Seattle on NFL.Com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000458898/article/nfc-championship-preview-packersseahawks

NFC Championship preview: Packers-Seahawks

By: Marc Sessler ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Jan. 14, 2015 at 06:50 p.m. ... Updated: Jan. 14, 2015 at 07:52 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

The biggest head scratcher for the Dom Capers defense. It's weakness and vulnerability Vs the Seattle rushing attack.

King Friday
01-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Can we trade Brad Jones for an all pro TE somewhere?

Bah...a ham sandwich would be a spectacular deal and is there for the taking.

smuggler
01-14-2015, 10:48 PM
I hear Burger King has brought back the Yumbo. Coincidence??

Tony Oday
01-15-2015, 12:04 AM
I would make a ham sandwich to trade with Jones to anyone...he will be the resin we lose Sunday.

denverYooper
01-15-2015, 09:59 AM
This version of the Packers has united around two things, Peppers and the injury to Rodgers. Peppers has obviously inspired them. They talk with a bit of awe about his pregame speech before the Bear game, and they have manifested it by electing him a captain for the playoffs. Quite something for a guy in his first year on the team getting the nod from the players over the obvious choices like Matthews, maybe Williams, even Hawk, the longest tenured. This is not the same defense as before the overblown move of Matthews, and Peppers has kicked it up a notch.

Peppers was one of 3 Packers who spoke at the podium during the NFCC media session yesterday (Rodgers and Nelson were the other 2). That's pretty telling of how they view his leadership contributions to this team.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-15-2015, 10:13 AM
I know, I know, everybody is picking Seattle, seems the safe bet. They have a bigger edge on defense than we have on offense, they are TONS faster than us, better tacklers, Wilson should be MVP not Rodgers, and they all have nice bright white smiles, but FUCK ALL THAT!!!! We is gonna win Sunday, its as simple as that...

woodbuck27
01-15-2015, 10:27 AM
I know, I know, everybody is picking Seattle, seems the safe bet. They have a bigger edge on defense than we have on offense, they are TONS faster than us, better tacklers, Wilson should be MVP not Rodgers, and they all have nice bright white smiles, but FUCK ALL THAT!!!! We is gonna win Sunday, its as simple as that...

The battle between the head and the heart.

Your a boost to the karma push.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-15-2015, 01:07 PM
I actually think that Rodgers injury may be a plus. I like it when we have to run the quicker timing routes and rely on the run. With Rodgers healthy we run longer developing plays which can cause a lot of troubles against a team like Seattle.

I never thought of it this way and you may be on to something. I'm hoping Eddie and the big guys up front keep the seachickens away from #12.

denverYooper
01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Chris B. Brown retweeted
Ryan Divish ‏@RyanDivish 25m25 minutes ago
Earl Thomas on Aaron Rodgers: "You don't really see a lot of quarterbacks of his skin color with soul like that. And I like it."

hoosier
01-15-2015, 03:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7PzZJXbi8

But first, a number....Well you've got it in your blood, boy. Just let it out! (6:33)

Bretsky
01-15-2015, 09:21 PM
The more I analyze this game the less I like our chances. It might be a coin toss with a healthy Rodgers in Green Bay....but not in Seattle.
So we have an unhealthy Rodgers who could start out slow like he did at Dallas due to minimal practice against the type of smash mouth team with an effective running QB and we are on the DAM ROAD

This game was lost in December when we screwed the pooch in Buffalo.

Name the last playoff team GB has beaten on the road ? Happy Hunting ! This team is a completely different team on the road. Most of our road wins weren't pretty against junky teams.

Here are some predictions and if there is a whammy upstairs I HOPE IT WORKS AND PROVES ME WRONG ON EVERY ONE

Marshawn Lynch rushes for 100 yards and Russell Wilson rushes for over 40 yards and leads Settle to a 3rd down coversion percentage between 60 and 75%
Slocum's unit causes us to cry for his head once and maybe even twice and once again MM retains him after the season
Rodgers is up and down due to consistent pressure on him
Eddie Lacy does have a nice game and rushes for over 80 yards but it's not enough for us to hang around and cause any fear in the 4th quarter
Clutch Wilson once again shows us why he's the best value in the NFL this year

Seattle Wins 26-16

Take Seattle and the spread. You'll be pissed at Green Bay but at least you'll win some money. Take it to the bank.

Save this post; I'll be celebrating with booze if everybody mocks me for being wrong !!!!!

smuggler
01-15-2015, 10:50 PM
You and I must be different people. The more I think about the game, the more I like our chances. I still admit we will probably lose, but I suppose in most games, I am worried of the loss and desperate for the team to escape it. In this one, hey, we're supposed to lose, so I'm happy for the chance to sneak out a win, and I hope they make the best of it.

3irty1
01-15-2015, 11:18 PM
The more I analyze this game the less I like our chances. It might be a coin toss with a healthy Rodgers in Green Bay....but not in Seattle.
So we have an unhealthy Rodgers who could start out slow like he did at Dallas due to minimal practice against the type of smash mouth team with an effective running QB and we are on the DAM ROAD

This game was lost in December when we screwed the pooch in Buffalo.

Name the last playoff team GB has beaten on the road ? Happy Hunting ! This team is a completely different team on the road. Most of our road wins weren't pretty against junky teams.

Here are some predictions and if there is a whammy upstairs I HOPE IT WORKS AND PROVES ME WRONG ON EVERY ONE

Marshawn Lynch rushes for 100 yards and Russell Wilson rushes for over 40 yards and leads Settle to a 3rd down coversion percentage between 60 and 75%
Slocum's unit causes us to cry for his head once and maybe even twice and once again MM retains him after the season
Rodgers is up and down due to consistent pressure on him
Eddie Lacy does have a nice game and rushes for over 80 yards but it's not enough for us to hang around and cause any fear in the 4th quarter
Clutch Wilson once again shows us why he's the best value in the NFL this year

Seattle Wins 26-16

Take Seattle and the spread. You'll be pissed at Green Bay but at least you'll win some money. Take it to the bank.

Save this post; I'll be celebrating with booze if everybody mocks me for being wrong !!!!!

I think the bolded is the part you're most likely to be wrong about. Seattle's not really pressure monsters. Bennett leads the team with 7 sacks, Irvin had 6.5, Avril only has 5. Jordan Hill was actually 3rd on the team with 5.5 but he's out for the year now. Against Carolina his 1-tech snaps in their pass rush package were taken by a November waiver claim bum. Their opponents actually out-sacked them this season despite having an escape artist QB and more than their share of coverage sacks.

I'm confident that our OL will take care of business on that front. Sadly I agree with all the rest.

Freak Out
01-15-2015, 11:42 PM
Year of the whammy.

LEWCWA
01-16-2015, 12:43 AM
Sorry, but this isn't going to be a good weekend in WI. 33-13 bad guys. I just got word that my daughters first college game is on Super Sunday, so I suppose GB will probably win, so I will have a decision to make! Yep---I was wrong 27-24 good guys and I will miss the Super Bowl!!!!

Jimx29
01-16-2015, 01:09 AM
Sorry, but this isn't going to be a good weekend in WI. 33-13 bad guys. I just got word that my daughters first college game is on Super Sunday, so I suppose GB will probably win, so I will have a decision to make! Yep---I was wrong 27-24 good guys and I will miss the Super Bowl!!!!

What American college would scheduled ANYTHING on Superbowl Sunday?

Tony Oday
01-16-2015, 01:34 AM
I put $200 on Seattle. Easiest money I will ever make. Love the Pack but we have no chance. It was a good run and at least we are better than the Bears and the Vikes!

Tyrion Lannister
01-16-2015, 01:43 AM
I put $200 on Seattle. Easiest money I will ever make. Love the Pack but we have no chance. It was a good run and at least we are better than the Bears and the Vikes!

Ban this troll! :x

smuggler
01-16-2015, 02:35 AM
Guess Tony knows more than the majority of bettors. What I've seen has most the money going on Green Bay with the points.

woodbuck27
01-16-2015, 06:50 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trailers/0ap3000000459119/The-Gridiron-Games-Packers-vs-Seahawks

Green Bay At Seattle

The 49th Annual Gridiron Games

Sunday Jan 18, 3:05 PM EST

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

woodbuck27
01-16-2015, 07:03 AM
You and I must be different people. The more I think about the game, the more I like our chances. I still admit we will probably lose, but I suppose in most games, I am worried of the loss and desperate for the team to escape it. In this one, hey, we're supposed to lose, so I'm happy for the chance to sneak out a win, and I hope they make the best of it.

On Sunday Jan. 20, 2008 The underdog New York Giants entered Lambeau Field and with nothing to lose defeated the foreseen superior Green Bay Packers.

The Green Bay Packers are capable of a similar upset this Sunday in Seattle.

It's like Chuck Pagano said:

" See a little see a lot. See a lot and see nothing."

The Seattle Seahawks have their sights set on a second consecutive Super Bowl Championship. They're seeing a lot.

The Green Bay Packers see one game at a time.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-16-2015, 07:13 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/0ap3000000459291/McCarthy-Rodgers-threw-under-pressure-in-practice

Mike McCarthy Press Conference

Fritz
01-16-2015, 07:44 AM
The Packers will need to begin with at least a stalemate - no fast Seattle start or it's over, I think.

And they'll need to be nearly flawless yet eminently physical.

It's one tall order.

Guiness
01-16-2015, 09:32 AM
The Packers will need to begin with at least a stalemate - no fast Seattle start or it's over, I think.

And they'll need to be nearly flawless yet eminently physical.

It's one tall order.

A fast Seattle start would be very difficult to overcome. Their defense makes it hard to put points up, and on offense they'd keep eating the clock with Lynch, it's not easy to stop him short of 3 yards.

Pugger
01-16-2015, 09:54 AM
On Sunday Jan. 20, 2008 The underdog New York Giants entered Lambeau Field and with nothing to lose defeated the foreseen superior Green Bay Packers.

The Green Bay Packers are capable of a similar upset this Sunday in Seattle.

It's like Chuck Pagano said:

" See a little see a lot. See a lot and see nothing."

The Seattle Seahawks have their sights set on a second consecutive Super Bowl Championship. They're seeing a lot.

The Green Bay Packers see one game at a time.

GO PACK GO !

In 2011 who thought a 15-1 team would lose to those damn Gmen? Back in 1998 in SB 32 we were the big favorites but ended up losing to the underdog donkeys. I still cannot stomach watching any highlights of that game.

pittstang5
01-16-2015, 11:25 AM
Never liked him, hate him even more now.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153545401799552&video_source=pages_finch_main_video

mraynrand
01-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Never liked him, hate him even more now.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153545401799552&video_source=pages_finch_main_video

He's an actor

George Cumby
01-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Is Seattles offense capable of a fast start? I dunno.......

Striker
01-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Fuck it.

Packers - 27
Seahawks 21

Fosco33
01-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Name the last playoff team GB has beaten on the road ? Happy Hunting !

Do you mean the last playoff away victory? Bears NFCC

Pack is 7-7 since '93 Playoffs on the road.

mraynrand
01-16-2015, 02:11 PM
^^^^ @Texans, 2012

denverYooper
01-16-2015, 07:31 PM
3/8 of PFF's staff picked the Packers, right on 31's 37.5 percent odds. 37.5 pct are pretty good odds in CL field.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/16/pff-pickem-conference-championships/

On the 104.3 drivetime show here, former All-Pro Bronco/Bengal DE Alfred Williams picked the Packers. He said their defense was "sneaky good" right now and that Rodgers was still the best QB in the league on one leg.

pbmax
01-16-2015, 08:31 PM
I think their head is in the right place. Might be meaningless, but I don't think they are tight or scared. Just ready to roll.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=18911&is_corp=1

Also, money hasn't mover the spread much, if at all:

Oddsmakers don’t seem to think so. The Packers remain a 7.5-point underdog, the largest spread against them in any game with Rodgers as the starting quarterback. The previous largest spread? Six points, when they were underdogs at Seattle on Sept. 4. And they haven’t been this big of an underdog in a playoff game since the St. Louis Rams were favored by 11 points in a 2001 NFC Divisional Playoff that the Rams ended up winning 45-17.

Joemailman
01-16-2015, 09:12 PM
Well, at least people in Wisconsin believe.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7gRt3xCUAATSWh.jpg

Bretsky
01-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Guess Tony knows more than the majority of bettors. What I've seen has most the money going on Green Bay with the points.

If most of the money is on Green Bay the spread should go down. It's stayed at 7.5pts from what I'm seeing.

mraynrand
01-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Well, at least people in Wisconsin believe.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7gRt3xCUAATSWh.jpg

I hate it when all the aquatic life in the Atlantic is against us.

Bretsky
01-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Rodgers stats vs Seattle the last two games
Averaging 206 passing yards and a TD
Sacked 11 times in two games

Russell Wilson is 25-2 at home

Freak Out
01-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Long odds for sure Bretsky....but it's the year of the whammy.

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2015, 09:55 PM

Damn that got me. 5 stars good sir

3irty1
01-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Rodgers stats vs Seattle the last two games
Averaging 206 passing yards and a TD
Sacked 11 times in two games

Russell Wilson is 25-2 at home

8 sacks in one half of a game that we beat them in. 3 in the other game. First was for no loss, 2nd was on your boy Sherry on 4th down, 3rd was on your boy Sherry which led to a fumble and a safety.

Adjust your daymares for the lack of Sherry.

wist43
01-16-2015, 11:21 PM
Seattle 38
Green Bay 16

Striker
01-16-2015, 11:37 PM
8 sacks in one half of a game that we beat them in. 3 in the other game. First was for no loss, 2nd was on your boy Sherry on 4th down, 3rd was on your boy Sherry which led to a fumble and a safety.

Adjust your daymares for the lack of Sherry.

Not only that, but the Seattle line has not been a strength this year. It's probably the weakest part of the defense.

And the Packers o-line has been pretty damn solid the last 9 games, surrendering only 10 sacks (and you could probably fault Rodgers for a decent number of those as well).

smuggler
01-17-2015, 05:18 AM
Green Bay 16
Seattle 3

(This is a satire of wist's post. I am slandering whatever prophet he follows.)

woodbuck27
01-17-2015, 08:03 AM
A day before the big game musings:

I hate this matchup when I really really ... really want my team to win and go to the Super Bowl. We have this positive. Better that we suffer the dilemma that is the Seattle Seahawks than that we had no chance if Dallas had won in Green Bay.

Aaron Rodgers looks better (seems to be moving better) than he did Vs Dallas. He must be able to move around and out of the pocket to see his best game. This game will help to define our QB. This game will help define our Packer team. How close is the Green Bay Packers to the defending Super bowl Champion? In September the Packers were a long ways away from any real hope of defeating Seattle. That was a defining defeat for the Seahawks and the quality of it's supremecy over the Green Bay Packers.

This time they face a stronger Packer team. A seasons worth of experience and improvement. Then it gets to this puzzeling question. Why do the Packers play so poorly on the road? This is 'ugly worse' or a game in Seattle.

When member Bretsky is posting 'his solid reason' against the Packers. That's more than a little disturbing. This member is a solid Green Bay Packer fan. When push comes to shove he's not like many members here or 'a homer'. You can TRUST his football knowledge.

Ohh it's easy to post all and a Green Bay Packer win.

It goes way back in my youth. "Put your money where your mouth is." If you had a $100.00 to bet; would you lay it on the Green Bay Packers with the points? Would you place that $100.00 bet on the Packers straight up?

What's the impressive defensive stat for the Seattle defense? Giving up an average of about 8 points per game over the last 7 games. Yikes !

Like all of 2 chipmunks and one half of the other that pick Seattle and then add the baby. What chance do the Packers have? I believe we have a good chance. MM should have a good game plan. How will Dom Capers call the defense?Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are on a mission.

53% of bettors are going Packers and the 7.5 points. Is that a hunch bet for the most part? 53% doesn't help me with Packers and confidence in a 'W'.

Back to this:

How good can the Packers defense be? Therein lies the TRUTH. I believe the Packers offense can generate 20 points.

Can the Packers defense hold Seattle under 20?

GO PACK GO !

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 08:13 AM
If I see these things tomorrow, chances are we win:
- Crosby kicking off over the end zone every time.
- Wilson and company starting inside their own 10 yard line after a Packer punt.
- Lacy making one cut at the LOS and running over people 10 yards downfield.
- Our pass rush smothering Lynch for a loss or pressuring Wilson to throw early.
- Peppers and company with hands up batting down passes.
- Rodgers throwing the ball short to Lacy, Starks, Cobb, Adams, Richard Rodgers and Quarless in space.
- Cobb in the backfield.
- Rodgers engineering 7 and 8 minute drives.
- Jordy burning Sherman on a stop and go route for a TD.

If I see these things tomorrow, I slit my wrists:
- Crosby kicking off by looping the ball high and short, or directional kicking it out of bounds.
- Masthay shanking a punt.
- Stubby trying any field goal over 50 yards (unless it's in the last few minutes for a win).
- Stubby ordering an onside kick in the 1st quarter.
- Lacy dancing around at the LOS or running wide and trying to turn the corner.
- Wilson having all the time in the world to pass because Capers is rushing only 4 men.
- Our secondary playing zone.
- Rodgers taking a deep shot on 3rd and/or 4th and two.
- Rodgers lobbing the ball on a timing play to a WR in the corner of the end zone on 4th and one or on a two point try after a TD.
- Rodgers, surrounded by Seahags, trying to extend the play after being clean in the pocket for thirty seconds.

Carolina_Packer
01-17-2015, 08:30 AM
I heard one analyst on Sirius XM NFL radio say forget running it through the tackles, Green Bay should run it between the guards. :-) Power can negate speed in a phone booth. Giving them a heavy dose of run would certainly help A-Rod and MM pick their spots for shot plays.

wist43
01-17-2015, 08:36 AM
If I see these things tomorrow, chances are we win:
- Crosby kicking off over the end zone every time.
- Wilson and company starting inside their own 10 yard line after a Packer punt.
- Lacy making one cut at the LOS and running over people 10 yards downfield.
- Our pass rush smothering Lynch for a loss or pressuring Wilson to throw early.
- Peppers and company with hands up batting down passes.
- Rodgers throwing the ball short to Lacy, Starks, Cobb, Adams, Richard Rodgers and Quarless in space.
- Cobb in the backfield.
- Rodgers engineering 7 and 8 minute drives.
- Jordy burning Sherman on a stop and go route for a TD.

If I see these things tomorrow, I slit my wrists:
- Crosby kicking off by looping the ball high and short, or directional kicking it out of bounds.
- Masthay shanking a punt.
- Stubby trying any field goal over 50 yards (unless it's in the last few minutes for a win).
- Stubby ordering an onside kick in the 1st quarter.
- Lacy dancing around at the LOS or running wide and trying to turn the corner.
- Wilson having all the time in the world to pass because Capers is rushing only 4 men.
- Our secondary playing zone.
- Rodgers taking a deep shot on 3rd and/or 4th and two.
- Rodgers lobbing the ball on a timing play to a WR in the corner of the end zone on 4th and one or on a two point try after a TD.
- Rodgers, surrounded by Seahags, trying to extend the play after being clean in the pocket for thirty seconds.

I don't mind rushing 4 against this team, the key is keeping Wilson in the pocket.

Their receivers are nothing special - where the Seahawks make plays are when Wilson escapes the pocket and either beats you with his feet, or it allows the ordinary receivers that extra time to get open.

I would not play a lot of man against them b/c I want everyones eyes facing the LOS as much as possible; and I would not crash the corners at all, like dunderdummy did in the opener. Play a lot of single high safety, bring the other safety up to help deal with the run, and play a lot of matchup zone underneath.

What are the odds dunderdummy does any of that?? He brewed up a mess against the Cowboys, but the Cowboys bailed him out with their own mistakes and playcalling... I don't expect the Seahawks will be bailing dunderdummy out.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't mind rushing 4 against this team, the key is keeping Wilson in the pocket.

Their receivers are nothing special - where the Seahawks make plays are when Wilson escapes the pocket and either beats you with his feet, or it allows the ordinary receivers that extra time to get open.

I would not play a lot of man against them b/c I want everyones eyes facing the LOS as much as possible; and I would not crash the corners at all, like dunderdummy did in the opener. Play a lot of single high safety, bring the other safety up to help deal with the run, and play a lot of matchup zone underneath.

What are the odds dunderdummy does any of that?? He brewed up a mess against the Cowboys, but the Cowboys bailed him out with their own mistakes and playcalling... I don't expect the Seahawks will be bailing dunderdummy out.

I don't know the technicalities of it, but even in the pocket Wilson can find seems in a zone defense. Our secondary is really good in man coverage. Trust them and rush more than four. The key to me is our LB's. They have to quickly decide whether to rush the passer or pickup RB or TE dragging short across the middle.

Capers has to get creative with his blitzes, especially up the middle and the outside rushers can't overplay and run past Wilson.

Joemailman
01-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Agree with Wist here. If you play man all day against Seattle, Wilson might run for 150. Have to have your eyes on him as much as possible.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Agree with Wist here. If you play man all day against Seattle, Wilson might run for 150. Have to have your eyes on him as much as possible.

We'll see. My feeling is that you can't cover anybody by constantly peeking into the backfield. If Wilson is running free to the extent where Tramon or Shields or Hayward have to make a saving tackle on him, we've got serious problems up front.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 09:12 AM

Dolphins and Marlins are tremendous front runners.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 09:15 AM

I think you want to play some man outside on WR and hope the safeties and OLBs can hold contain. If it doesn't hold, you go zone under and pray for Shields, also play a LOT of Hayward and Hyde.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Very nice breakdown of how we got from "more scheme, less personnel" to Clay Matthews at ILB. Reasons behind "the Quad", the personnel goal and how it has shaken out from Week 1 versus the Seahawks to now.

This might be behind the paywall, if it is let me know. Because then it will be clear its garbage.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1502734-when-at-first-you-don-t-succeed?s=61

“It doesn’t take you long to figure out if something is a good idea or not a very good idea, based on how it works,” Capers said. “I think if you talk to any player in that locker room on defense, they know that when we put the game plan up there and we go out and practice the game plan, if something’s not looking real good, then I have a hard time calling it because you don’t want to be experimenting when you have 60, 65 plays on Sunday. If something looks good, it’s going to get called. If it works, it gets called more. If it doesn’t work, we’re going to try to search to find something that’s going to work better. That’s just the way this thing works. It’s not rocket science. It’s common sense. There’s a reason why you do everything but if it’s nothing, then you’ve got to try to move on to something else. You can’t get so locked into one thing that you become stubborn, or else you’re not going to get any better.”

And a bonus, almost gratuitous shot at PackerRats doubters:

“You’ve heard me say before that to me the key is to figure out who your best players are and then try to adjust your scheme around your best players,” Capers said. “I think that’s what we’ve tried to do. Obviously, we look a lot different now than we did in the first game."

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 09:23 AM
I think you want to play some man outside on WR and hope the safeties and OLBs can hold contain. If it doesn't hold, you go zone under and pray for Shields, also play a LOT of Hayward and Hyde.

Agreed. Last week Hyde and Hayward played 32 and 9 snaps respectively (out of 55 total). They need more out of Hayward for sure. Hyde could be the hero of this game if he plays (tackles) well.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Agreed. Last week Hyde and Hayward played 32 and 9 snaps respectively (out of 55 total). They need more out of Hayward for sure. Hyde could be the hero of this game if he plays (tackles) well.

Casey has been a little of a lost man again this season, I think he had another injury in camp (very brief one?) that seemed to put him behind Hyde again.

But when you need a guy to play in a zone and find the ball and receiver, he is the guy.

In fact, I am calling for a Casey Hayward INT tomorrow.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Very nice breakdown of how we got from "more scheme, less personnel" to Clay Matthews at ILB. Reasons behind "the Quad", the personnel goal and how it has shaken out from Week 1 versus the Seahawks to now.

This might be behind the paywall, if it is let me know. Because then it will be clear its garbage.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1502734-when-at-first-you-don-t-succeed?s=61

And a bonus, almost gratuitous shot at PackerRats doubters:

Here's a key quote:

The move of Matthews and the defense’s renaissance are tied together but the insertion of Sam Barrington (http://gnb.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=8&c=1&nid=7611244) into the lineup at inside linebacker has paid dividends, too. Barrington started the final five games of the regular season and has provided the physical play that’s been lacking at that position since Desmond Bishop emerged as a star for the Super Bowl team. With Matthews and Barrington taking the lion’s share of the reps at inside linebacker, A.J. Hawk’s role has been reduced and Brad Jones (http://gnb.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=8&c=1&nid=7611266) has been phased out of everything other than the dime package. That’s led to a much better middle of the defense.

Barrington's play has come up huge since he's been in there. My question is: Why is Capers taking so long in phasing out Jones completely? He played 8 snaps against the Cowgirls and had, what, two big, killer penalties?

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Casey has been a little of a lost man again this season, I think he had another injury in camp (very brief one?) that seemed to put him behind Hyde again.

But when you need a guy to play in a zone and find the ball and receiver, he is the guy.

In fact, I am calling for a Casey Hayward INT tomorrow.

I second that motion!

pbmax
01-17-2015, 09:40 AM
OK, McCarthy Friday Presser. Packers flew out on Friday to Seattle rather than the usual Saturday trip. My guess is that this is a Sports Conditioning/Nutrition Science Guy's suggestion. Packers now do a full and energetic walkthrough on Saturday so they don't go into Sunday games cold after a day off. This is new this season, a season of very good health and some very fast starts in games. It seems easier to do this on-site rather than at home where you would need to rest, recover, shower up and then sit on a plane for 3 hours. I believe I read in preseason that this is the norm for Olympic athletes.

Would also bet M3 likes the idea of a day to move the body clock backward so the Noon Pacific (2 PM CST) start seems normal. Seachickens will be up and playing an hour earlier than normal. I like this.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 22h22 hours ago
#Packers Injury report: Probable - QB Aaron Rodgers (limited, calf), DL Josh Boyd (full, ankle), G Josh Sitton (toe), RB Eddie Lacy (knee)

MM on Rodgers: Aaron is getting ready to play. Looks good. We have meetings still going on. Everything is on schedule

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 22h22 hours ago
McCarthy says team will work until 2, leave for Seattle at 4.

Lacy looked fine walking through the meeting room so not much of a concern with him, either.

M3 AS HENNY YOUNGMAN, A ONE MAN SHOW. THIS WEEKEND AT THE FIRESIDE THEATRE IN FORT ATKINSON.

MM on being nobody's underdog: It's really no focus of ours regardless of where you come out on the spread. We pay attention to video

A lot of energy, a lot of confidence this week, McCarthy said.

MM: TJ Lang is big for us. Not only on the field but in the locker room. He's a man's man. He's having a heck of a year. Plays a big role

MM on quad: My view is different from...whoever thinks it didn't work out. Concepts we ran in quad are no different than in other subgroups

MM on turnovers (lack of). Ball security is fundamental of the game. Always been an emphasis. Work every day on it.

MM: Everybody identifies how important this game is. I'm a fan of real drama. What football gives you. Made-up drama I'm not a fan of

MM on schedule change: A lot of it is common sense. Ability to walk the flight off, hydration. Be able to practice where youll play the game

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22h22 hours ago
McCarthy on leaving for Seattle today: A lot of it is common sense. Getting up there in that environment, that time zone. #GBvsSEA

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 22h22 hours ago
I honestly think they've been great and McCarthy has been terrific. RT @jonj04: God awful questions today.

TWITTER AND STREAMING VIDEO HAVE YIELDED REALTIME ANALYSIS WHILE PC IN PROGRESS. IF CAPERS EVER GETS A TWITTER ACCOUNT, I LOOK FORWARD TO COMMENTING ON BLITZES AND WHICH PLAYERS HE SHOULD CUT IMMEDIATELY

MM on Schneider in SEA: He's very good at what he does. Experienced, passionate. He has a vision. Creative. Hard-working.

Game is a testament to training whole team and not just the starters. A lot of young, late-round/undrafted guys will play for both teams.

McCarthy was great today. Clearly loose and confident. You'd think that would filter down to his players.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Anyone have any ideas what Farrar is talking about here, or do I need to download his podcast (he does it with Greg Cosell)?

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 22h22 hours ago
Great point from @gregcosell in this week's podcast -- Packers running Eddie Lacy at the one-tech out of shotgun. Seattle in a pickle there.

Pugger
01-17-2015, 09:48 AM
http://nflpickwatch.com/

pbmax
01-17-2015, 10:32 AM
I believe this is the pay that wist likes to claim proves Capers is unsound. Its a triple option, Matthews at OLB has Lynch, Shields has wide contain and therefore Wilson and HHCD has Lockette. HHCD blows the tackle despite getting into good if not great position. Packers are in the 4-3 Quad look I believe.

Worst part? Lynch was open for a shovel pass as well because Matthews followed the ball and not his play assignment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330139-matt-bowens-nfl-conference-championships-film-study

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2015/01/14/94a15d895b3e1f9d66fd6c5854b84fe7.gif?1421275897

pbmax
01-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Note combo block on NT and Lang moving to cut off pursuit playside. Not a ZBS play, but Power I believe.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2015/01/14/ebd66b821444fdf2ba23389ee4793fb4.gif?1421275943

I am not convinced zone won't work against this team, though Lacy may not be the back to run it. Unlike the Cowboys here, Chancellor will fill hard and fast playside. You should be able to put him completely out of position with a cutback. Starks could make hay against him.

Both GIFs from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330139-matt-bowens-nfl-conference-championships-film-study and he has his complete Championship Games breakdown there.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Seattle special teams about as non-special as Packers ST.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/2015-nfc-championship-preview

Packers 22nd overall, Seachickens 19th. Leverage here is Seattle KO(11) versus Green Bay KO return(22) and Packer Punt Return (4th-mostly Hyde I would argue) versus Jon Ryan's punt coverage (21).

The Shadow
01-17-2015, 11:04 AM
I second that motion!

Agree.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 11:17 AM
MM on quad: My view is different from...whoever thinks it didn't work out. Concepts we ran in quad are no different than in other subgroups

In a nutshell! ...This is why he earns his nickname "STUBBY!"

pbmax
01-17-2015, 11:22 AM
Football Outsiders: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/2015-nfc-championship-preview

Blitz Rodgers? Quite possibly yes:

The Seahawks' percentages for sending four, five, or six pass rushers are roughly equal to the NFL average, with the standard four pass rushers about two-thirds of the time. But the difference in yards per play as they sent more and more pass rushers was extreme. Seattle this year allowed 7.5 yards per pass with three pass rushers, 5.8 with the standard four, 4.7 with five, and 3.7 with six.* (Not six or more, as ESPN Stats & Information never recorded a 7-man pressure from the Seahawks.) And although opponents didn't often blitz against Aaron Rodgers this year -- only four starting quarterbacks faced more than four pass rushers less often -- he got successively worse with more pass rushers, with 8.2 yards per pass against four but 6.7 against five and 6.4 against six or more. Rodgers had no problem against DB blitzes (8.7 yards per pass) but that's a strategy Seattle rarely uses (5.5 percent of passes, 30th in the NFL).*

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 11:24 AM
I believe this is the pay that wist likes to claim proves Capers is unsound. Its a triple option, Matthews at OLB has Lynch, Shields has wide contain and therefore Wilson and HHCD has Lockette. HHCD blows the tackle despite getting into good if not great position. Packers are in the 4-3 Quad look I believe.

Worst part? Lynch was open for a shovel pass as well because Matthews followed the ball and not his play assignment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330139-matt-bowens-nfl-conference-championships-film-study

If we play man coverage, Shields has Lockette all the way. Correct?

Joemailman
01-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Football Outsiders: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/2015-nfc-championship-preview

Blitz Rodgers? Quite possibly yes:

The Seahawks' percentages for sending four, five, or six pass rushers are roughly equal to the NFL average, with the standard four pass rushers about two-thirds of the time. But the difference in yards per play as they sent more and more pass rushers was extreme. Seattle this year allowed 7.5 yards per pass with three pass rushers, 5.8 with the standard four, 4.7 with five, and 3.7 with six.* (Not six or more, as ESPN Stats & Information never recorded a 7-man pressure from the Seahawks.) And although opponents didn't often blitz against Aaron Rodgers this year -- only four starting quarterbacks faced more than four pass rushers less often -- he got successively worse with more pass rushers, with 8.2 yards per pass against four but 6.7 against five and 6.4 against six or more. Rodgers had no problem against DB blitzes (8.7 yards per pass) but that's a strategy Seattle rarely uses (5.5 percent of passes, 30th in the NFL).*

The Seahawks increased effectiveness with more pass rushers was probably helped by the quality of QB's they faced late in the season. I wonder if they blitzed guys like Romo and Rivers as much and as effectively as they did against the likes of Mark Sanchez, Shaun Hill and Ryan Lindley.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 12:03 PM
If we play man coverage, Shields has Lockette all the way. Correct?

I don't think so. Capers said Shields job here is to force as he has wide contain. If he sees a rollout, he needs to come up an Shields needs to rotate.

Its hard to parse the responsibility for the Dive here. Matthews and Hawk are both unblocked. Hawk, if he steps up rather than react to motion could take the dive. But he would be very late. If you count outside in, it would seem to be Matthews job, but he seems locked on Wilson right from the get go. Also complicating the issue is that Lynchnot only meshes for a Dive fake, but also curls over to be a shovel pass option underneath Matthews.

Its a fantastic call against single high.

EDIT: Shields comes up and HaHa rotates over.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 12:04 PM
The Seahawks increased effectiveness with more pass rushers was probably helped by the quality of QB's they faced late in the season. I wonder if they blitzed guys like Romo and Rivers as much and as effectively as they did against the likes of Mark Sanchez, Shaun Hill and Ryan Lindley.

Yeah, but Rodgers numbers were down this year. He is usually deadly versus the blitz and has been down this year.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 12:34 PM
I don't think so. Capers said Shields job here is to force as he has wide contain. If he sees a rollout, he needs to come up an Shields needs to rotate.

Its hard to parse the responsibility for the Dive here. Matthews and Hawk are both unblocked. Hawk, if he steps up rather than react to motion could take the dive. But he would be very late. If you count outside in, it would seem to be Matthews job, but he seems locked on Wilson right from the get go. Also complicating the issue is that Lynchnot only meshes for a Dive fake, but also curls over to be a shovel pass option underneath Matthews.

Its a fantastic call against single high.

I don't think it works the second time around. First, Hawk is pretty much useless. Barrington is faster and would stay with Lynch. If Shields plays man on Lockette next time, Mathews concentrates on spying Wilson. Plus, HaHa wouldn't get so easily juked out of his jock this time around, especially with Shields on Lockette man to man.

At least that's the way I prefer to see it now.:-)

pbmax
01-17-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't think it works the second time around. First, Hawk is pretty much useless. Barrington is faster and would stay with Lynch. If Shields plays man on Lockette next time, Mathews concentrates on spying Wilson. Plus, HaHa wouldn't get so easily juked out of his jock this time around, especially with Shields on Lockette man to man.

At least that's the way I prefer to see it now.:-)

Agree. Georgia or Auburn sprung this on Alabama in the big SEC game in 2013. I think the solution is to split the safeties even further and bring Dix down closer since no one can attack the deep middle easily and Wilson is rolling out. Then the OLBs have to jam and run with the TEs. Safeties each read the WR release after seeing play action/option.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 12:40 PM
I think Olivia Munn might be Black Widow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7kml--IEAAuwbt.jpg:large

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-17-2015, 01:24 PM
http://nflpickwatch.com/

Mike Ditka picking packers, that is awesome...

Harlan Huckleby
01-17-2015, 01:54 PM
First, Hawk is pretty much useless. Barrington is faster and would stay with Lynch.

Is Barrington faster than Hawk? I think Hawk was injured earlier in season when he was seen lumbering after TE. I see Barrington as more of a thumper.

I do agree that Barrington has got Lynch for this game, Matthews has gotta spy Russell Wilson.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Is Barrington faster than Hawk?

According to my internal stop watch, he is. Plus, he's quicker. The only advantage Hawk has is experience and recognition.

vince
01-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Beast Mode's gonna be stylin' with a new pair of $1,100 24k gold-flake painted shoes tomorrow.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2015/01/16/0116-marshawn-lynch-golden-shoes-tmz-sports-4.jpg

We're told Beast Mode had originally planned to rock the kicks on Super Sunday (confidence), but when he saw the finished product, he had to have them for the big game this Sunday.

Marshawn had no comment on the story ... 'cause ... well, you know.http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/16/marshawn-lynch-im-going-to-stomp-all-over/
That's just bad karma. What a fuckin' tool. I hope Daniels knocks him into next week, then they trade him to the Jets so he can rebel against the establishment that made him what he is with his Crip buddy Percy.

woodbuck27
01-17-2015, 07:29 PM
Mike Ditka picking packers, that is awesome...

Unfortunately you shouldn't place much weight on which team Ditka ever picks. He often goes against the flow. He's one of the least efficient analysts in terms of being correct in his picks.

We have at least a half dozen members of Packerrats that are more accurate in their ability to make a pick.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 08:03 PM
then they trade him to the Jets so he can rebel against the establishment that made him what he is with his Crip buddy Percy.

Details?

wist43
01-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Is Barrington faster than Hawk? I think Hawk was injured earlier in season when he was seen lumbering after TE. I see Barrington as more of a thumper.

I do agree that Barrington has got Lynch for this game, Matthews has gotta spy Russell Wilson.

I'm faster than Hawk, and I have an artificial hip, a still fucked up surgically repaired ankle, and my other hip is severely arthritic!!!

vince
01-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Details?
Gold-feet is a widely reputed Crip, along with DeSean. Here he is representing the East Side.
http://i.imgur.com/DrCn6gL.jpg
Goldfeet's nigga dumped by the Seahawks.
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Marshawn-Lynch-tweet-Harvin.png
It's all about the attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_qLwAmuSNo[/
I don't hang in South Seattle much, nor does the media - at least for long so details are sketchy.

vince
01-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Goldfeet gives the Blood Killa sign in combination with his patented "suck this" crotch grab.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/files/2013/11/AP310027800770.jpg

vince
01-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Aaron Rodgers has best QBR Seahawks have faced since October (http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/11355/rodgers-has-the-best-qbr-the-seahawks-have-faced-since-october)

In the first five games of the season, the average QBR of the quarterbacks Seattle faced was 75.2, per ESPN Stats & Information...The Seahawks were 2-2 in those games.

In the final 11 regular-season games, the average QBR for Seattle's opponents was 52.5. When the Seahawks went 6-0 down the stretch, the average QBR for the opponents was only 50.6. Cam Newton’s QBR entering last week’s playoff game was 56.9.

Rodgers enters the NFC Championship Game with a QBR more than 24 points higher than any quarterback the Seahawks faced in the last eight games.
All you can do is play who's on the schedule but damn Seattle's had an easy go of it since week 6.

pbmax
01-17-2015, 11:49 PM
Goldfeet gives the Blood Killa sign in combination with his patented "suck this" crotch grab.

http://blog.thenewg

Well, its imaginative, I will give you that. But ...

1. Michael Jackson grabbed his crotch and it was mostly just a grab for attention

2. Lynch's gesture doesn't match anything I get from Google, police or informal sources, for blood killa.

3. Even the police looking to interview Desean didn't seem to believe he was a gang member, but knew people from back home in LA that were, or at least knew something about a killing.

And that story didn't break until Chip Kelly wanted him off the team. So color me skeptical.

Guiness
01-17-2015, 11:55 PM
Get some sleep tonight everyone, wanna be rested up for the tilt tomorrow!

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 12:41 AM
I think Olivia Munn might be Black Widow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7kml--IEAAuwbt.jpg:large

needed to put the space needle in the background. Otherwise, pretty good photochop. Strangely, Randall Cobb looks exactly like a kid from sandy hook.

vince
01-18-2015, 04:08 AM
Well, its imaginative, I will give you that. But ...

1. Michael Jackson grabbed his crotch and it was mostly just a grab for attention

2. Lynch's gesture doesn't match anything I get from Google, police or informal sources, for blood killa.

3. Even the police looking to interview Desean didn't seem to believe he was a gang member, but knew people from back home in LA that were, or at least knew something about a killing.

And that story didn't break until Chip Kelly wanted him off the team. So color me skeptical.
I appreciate it but it's not that imaginative. It's a "K" for "Killa" and the crotch grab shows where the blood flows. Don't believe that one?
Here it is on the side view from Crime Library: Gang Signs - Know the Code (http://www.crimelibrary.com/photogallery/gang-signs.html?curPhoto=24)
http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com/graphics/photogallery/gang-signs/killas.jpg

How about these guys with d-shawn making the same sign? And I can't be positive but that wide face, nose and hint of cheesy mustache through the mask looks familiar to the picture in the post above.
http://www.crossingbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Voila_Capture-2014-03-28_11-55-02_AM.jpg
from this article - LAPD Linked Two Murders to Gang Associates of DeSean Jackson (http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/03/report-lapd-has-linked-two-murders-to-gang-associates-of-desean-jackson.html)
You can be skeptical all you want but he (and his buddy DeSean) are clearly identifying with the Crips.

Not sure what you're referring to in #3, but the LAPD has questioned D-Jax in association with two different murders and it's clear they're convinced he's a Crip.

Here's DeSean flipping the Crip sign with the Eagles, reported by CBSSports - DeSean Jackson Still Associates with Gang Members (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24600455/report-desean-jackson-still-associates-with-gang-members) months after being traded to Washington.
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/desean-jackson-deangelo-hall.gif
and the LAPD gang investigator's comments on it.

"Those were neighborhood Crip gang signs and he flashed them during a game. He may not be affiliated with the gang, but they don't [ordinarily] take kindly to those not in the gang throwing up those gang signs," the detective said.
DeSean's comments on the gestures:

"If I score a touchdown or make a play and my boys at home can see me throwing up the area we're from, that's me showing them love," Jackson said. "They weren't fortunate enough to make it where I'm at. All my friends wanted to be in the NFL growing up, but they weren't able to do that, and I was. That doesn't mean I forgot about them. They're my boys, I grew up with them, and I'm going to give them love."
So:
- Marshawn and DeSean both like to flip the same hand signals in public view.
- The code for those displaying the "K" hand signal is that it's to be reserved for those gang members who have killed.
- LAPD gang expert/inestigator is on record saying that gangs don't take kindly to non-gang members flipping their hand-made badges of honor around.
- D-Jax's associations with known members of the Crips gang and police questioning in gang-related murder investigations are well documented.
- If they're not Crips, they clearly don't mind, and even encourage, being associated with the Crips through their public displays - presumably knowing, since they acknowledge associating closely with Crips, that Crips don't like non-Crips pretending to be Crips, and Crips are known to hurt people who do things they don't like.
Be skeptical. I'm comfortable speculating on this one.

Irregardless, there's no speculation needed on Marshawn Lynch and his general douchebaggery. He proudly lays it out for all to see.

vince
01-18-2015, 04:28 AM
That tat on the hand looks familiar too.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XSQC3fsI1T0/SZl9Yppu6-I/AAAAAAAAATY/BRvAl3ZyleI/s320/MarshawnLynch1.jpg

yetisnowman
01-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Fuck it. I've grown more and more optimistic as the week has progressed. Rodgers and Lacy play a clean and efficient game,our defense holds ground admirably, and we get one key turnover. Packers 24 Seahawks 16.
GPG!!!!

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 07:50 AM
So:
- Marshawn and DeSean both like to flip the same hand signals in public view.
- The code for those displaying the "K" hand signal is that it's to be reserved for those gang members who have killed.
- LAPD gang expert/inestigator is on record saying that gangs don't take kindly to non-gang members flipping their hand-made badges of honor around.
- D-Jax's associations with known members of the Crips gang and police questioning in gang-related murder investigations are well documented.
- If they're not Crips, they clearly don't mind, and even encourage, being associated with the Crips through their public displays - presumably knowing, since they acknowledge associating closely with Crips, that Crips don't like non-Crips pretending to be Crips, and Crips are known to hurt people who do things they don't like.
Be skeptical. I'm comfortable speculating on this one.

Irregardless, there's no speculation needed on Marshawn Lynch and his general douchebaggery. He proudly lays it out for all to see.

I'm withholding judgment until I see the definitive, confirmatory Alex Jones youtube video

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Fuck it. I've grown more and more optimistic as the week has progressed. Rodgers and Lacy play a clean and efficient game,our defense holds ground admirably, and we get one key turnover. Packers 24 Seahawks 16.
GPG!!!!

A little Kool-Aid never hurt anybody! :pack: It will be tough. There's not a lot of margin for error, but the Packers are capable of putting together the kind of performance it would take to beat Seattle.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 09:21 AM
I am still not seeing it. I do see the K gesture and saw it on the same site you pulled the pic from. But that middle finger crossed by Lynch over the index doesn't match up unless I am simply being obtuse. Also this point, is being a killer, not a Blood Killa (which according to that same site involves two hands and a 'b' and 'k'), a possible boast by an NFL player who has made it?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com/graphics/photogallery/gang-signs/bk-blood-killa(2).jpg

As for Desean, he has said he has thrown up that gang sign and still maintains he is not a member. There was a large write-up of Jackson a while back with stories from his family about how he was protected from needing to join in his neighborhood because of his athletic gifts. Including some quotes from friends still in the neighborhood. Now its entirely possible that is as much fluff and chaff as the police officers' inferred conclusion that "they don't [ordinarily] take kindly to those not in the gang throwing up those gang signs" which is a way of intoning, I have no idea if he is in a gang, but its clear they don't wish him dead.

But unless I am wrong (always a possibility) we don't see Lynch making the same gesture and I have seen no one on the record claiming he belongs. With Jackson at least, you can claim he is sympathetic and obviously knows some people the police are/were interested in.

Fritz
01-18-2015, 09:52 AM
A little Kool-Aid never hurt anybody! :pack: It will be tough. There's not a lot of margin for error, but the Packers are capable of putting together the kind of perform ance it would take to beat Seattle.

The Packers sound very confident. Their attitude reminds me of the 2011 Giants. They are ready to come in, kick ass, and take names. They're not cowed at all.

They're gonna win; I can feel it in my boner.

vince
01-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Fair enough. Actually the crotch grab likely comes from the "Player's Anthem - My Mind's My Nine" depicted on his hat in the pic where he's masked up all gangy like someone who just came from or is about to go on a hit. If he ain't in the gang, he's a wanna-be, honorary member in charge of public relations.

The song's by The Notorious B.I.G. who, likely not coincidentally, was murdered back in '97 in a gang shooting in L.A.

(Niggas) Grab your dick if you love hip-hop
(Bitches) Rub your titties if you love Big Poppa
Gotcha, open off the words I say because
"This type of shit it happens everyday"

Now who smoke more blunts than a little bit?
What are you a idiot?
Listen to the lyrics I spit like M1's
Got mad guns up in the cabin
Cause Cease ain't the one for the dibbin and dabbin shit
I make it happen, you got your ass caught
All you saw was fire, from the Honda Passport
Or the M.P., what if you see, then I miss ya
I blow up spots like little sisters
G'wan grit ya teeth, g'wan bite ya nails to the cuticles
Like Murray, my killings be the most beautiful
Junior M.A.F.I.A. clique thick like Luke dancers
Niggas grab your gats, bitches take a glance at
The little one, pullin over in the Land Rover
Playin Big Willie style with a chaffeur, yaknahmean?
Stack the green, read all between the lines
A nigga act up, makes the bastard hard to find

(How ya livin Biggie Smalls?) I'm surrounded by criminals
Heavy rollers even the sheisty individuals
Smokin skunk and mad Phillies
Beatin down Billy Badasses, cracks in stacks and masses
If robbery's a class, bet I pass it
Shit get drastic, I'm buryin ya bastards
Big Poppa never softenin
Take you to the church, rob the preacher for the offerin
Leave the fucker coughin up blood, and his pockets like rabbit ears
Coved the wife, kleenex for the kid's tears
Versace wear, Moschino on my bitches
She whippin my ride, countin my one's, thinkin I'm richest
Just the way players play, all day everyday
I don't know what else to say
I've been robbin niggas since Run and them was singin 'Here We Go'
Snatchin ropes at the Roxie homeboy you didn't know
My flow, detrimental to your health
Usually roll for self, I have son ridin shotgun
My mind's my nine, my pen's my Mac-10
My target, all you wack niggas who started rappin
Junior M.A.F.I.A. steelo, niggas know the half
Caviar for breakfast, champagne bubble baths
Runnin up in pretty bitches constantly
The Smalls bitch, who the fuck it was supposed to be?

I used to pack Macs in Cadillacs
Now I pimp gats in the Ac's, watch my niggas backs
Nines in the stores, Glocks in the bags
Maxin mini-markets, gettin money with the Arabs
No question, confession, yes it's the lyrical
Bitches squeeze your tits, niggas grab your genitals
Proteins and minerals, excluse subliminals
Big Momma shoots the game to all you Willies and criminals
I kick the rilli with my peeps all day
325's roll by with the windows down halfway
D-K-N-Y, oh my, I'm jiggy
It's all about the Smalls and my fuckin nigga Biggie
Bitches love the way I bust a rhyme
Cause they all in line screamin one more time
Niggas, grab your dicks if you love hip-hop
Bitches rub-a-dub in the back of the club, straight up

Marshawn reportedly touts this as a call for alternatives to gang violence. Apparently he's counting on the public not actually understanding what the lyrics say, seeing the album cover or knowing the history of the artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd5Dl3yUytM
I can't verify that he's a Crip. I'm just saying if it looks like a spade, sounds like a spade, acts like a spade, it's either a spade or it might as well be a spade because he stands for pretty much everything a spade represents. Marshawn could even be more dangerous. I'm pretty sure I'd rather not have my kids getting gifts from him or bumping into him in the hood. There's a reasonable chance those bennies just might have strings attached down the road.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Thirty-Seven votes. That's not everybody.

No bragging or I-told-you-so without a vote.

denverYooper
01-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Man, those lyrics bring back some of the good old days growing up in the 9-0-6.

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 11:17 AM
http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/vulcan_6.jpg

wist43
01-18-2015, 11:19 AM
My original prediction was Sea 38 GB16

I think I'm going to amend that down a bit, hoping we keep it closer...

Sea 27
GB 16

Willard
01-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Pack 20 , Seagulls 14

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Thirty-Seven votes. That's not everybody.

No bragging or I-told-you-so without a vote.

Voters 37. This poll is closed...

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 11:25 AM
I heard on Homer that in 49 out of 50 states, the public is predicting Seahawks. In Wisconsin, 74% pick Packers. Not sure where this data came from.

I'm not predicting because it is no fun to pick against the home team.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Exactly. Did PB really make this thread? Arrogant prick, if it don't happen his ass is banned for a month. You getting drunk already PB?

Still ALIVE!

pbmax
01-18-2015, 11:26 AM

Yeah, I actually counted days correctly. For a time I thought i had left it open until tonight. Never bothered to check the actual posted expiration date.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Too many times in big games, the Packers have to deal with a collection of injuries. Last year, Neal and Shields lost early. Game one this year, Lacy and Bulaga lost. Even the Superbowl Woodson and Driver. Packers can overcome that stuff when either offense or defense remains on fire. A hobbled Rodgers? A defense shaky against athletic QBs? Packers are in a groove, but karma and a very good team oppose them. Seattle 27, GB 24. Hope I'm wrong.

wist43
01-18-2015, 11:29 AM
I heard on Homer that in 49 out of 50 states, the public is predicting Seahawks. In Wisconsin, 74% pick Packers. Not sure where this data came from.

Well, isn't that a prediction by default?? lol...

pbmax
01-18-2015, 11:30 AM

SportsNation: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

Scroll to second poll question.

Fritz
01-18-2015, 11:30 AM

Packers going to win today. They are like the 2007 and 2011 Giants.

wist43
01-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Packers do not fair well as big underdogs... including this years opener to the Seahawks in which were -6 pt dogs.

The line has moved from -7.5 to -8 pt underdogs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24972851/nfc-championship-packers-aaron-rodgers-struggle-as-big-underdogs

wist43
01-18-2015, 11:32 AM

I hope so... I really do - will be yelling at the TV until my BP gets too high, or the game becomes a blowout :)

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 11:32 AM

and all the fishes in the ocean are picking the seahawks too.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 6m6 minutes ago
RT @PeteDougherty: Seattle weather now 51 degrees, no rain, winds 19 mph; 20 percent chance of rain at kickoff. #nflwx

Kinda windy at 19 MPH.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
12 conference title games had favorite of at least 7 points since 1998. Underdog is 5-7 straight-up in those games. #GBvsSEA @OddsShark

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
With two top DTs on IR, including Mebane, would think #Packers would run behind Sitton, Lang and Linsley quite a bit.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
When Rodgers/Wilson have 100 ratings, Packers are 52-10 and Seahawks are 21-3.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 11:41 AM
What is the opposite of concern trolling? Is it feigned over-confidence?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-healthy-enough-to-win-b99427006z1-288946481.html

Let's not anyone obsess about Aaron Rodgers' calf injury, either. Even with his ability to scramble somewhat compromised, he played at a high level in all three games since the injury and the Packers prevailed against competitive to excellent defensive teams each time.

Bob could be fired for incompetence for insisting Rodgers has been just fine with the injury. The offense has continued to be efficient, but clearly is different and not as dynamic in the passing game. That might bode well for Seattle, but its still a limitation.

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 11:44 AM

I felt that way also on Tuesday and Wednesday but that gut feeling somehow went away.

Some part of me still wants to believe it might be that way Fritz. Few experts believe in the Green Bay Packers the way it was with the NY GIANTS coming to Lambeau Field on that very frigid day on Jan. 20, 2008.

Brett Favre was frozen as that game began. I'll never forget how he looked on the sideline.

Today the element as reported will offer win (severe wind gusts) and likely rain. That should favor Aaron Rodgers or the way he throws the ball.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 12:03 PM
http://gnb.scout.com/story/1503021-world-s-best-preview-off-and-running?s=61

— Each of the last seven NFC title games has been decided by seven points or less, including overtime games in 2007, 2009 and 2011. What does that mean for Sunday? The Packers are 6-0 in games decided by seven or less this season, including last week’s playoff win over Dallas. The Seahawks went just 3-3 in close games, with the losses being 30-23 at home to Dallas, 28-26 at St. Louis and 24-20 at Kansas City. They did, however, go 2-0 at home in close games, including 26-20 over Denver in overtime in Week 3.

vince
01-18-2015, 12:07 PM
http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/vulcan_6.jpg
Stone-cold Killer

vince
01-18-2015, 12:14 PM
http://gnb.scout.com/story/1503021-world-s-best-preview-off-and-running?s=61The Packers are 6-0 in games decided by seven or less this season, including last week’s playoff win over Dallas. The Seahawks went just 3-3 in close games, with the losses being 30-23 at home to Dallas, 28-26 at St. Louis and 24-20 at Kansas City. They did, however, go 2-0 at home in close games, including 26-20 over Denver in overtime in Week 3.
Don't they know the spread has to be 4 or less to be considered close?
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21182-McCarthy-and-quot-Close-Games-quot

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 12:18 PM

When I said "home team", was I referring to Green Bay or Seattle?

That information is between me and my priest.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Stone-cold Killer

IT's no coincidence that the vulcan death grip is the same as the Crip kill sign.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/2/2c/Vulcan_death_grip.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090219005813&path-prefix=en

denverYooper
01-18-2015, 01:40 PM
What is the opposite of concern trolling? Is it feigned over-confidence?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-healthy-enough-to-win-b99427006z1-288946481.html

Bob could be fired for incompetence for insisting Rodgers has been just fine with the injury. The offense has continued to be efficient, but clearly is different and not as dynamic in the passing game. That might bode well for Seattle, but its still a limitation.

Bob's just setting up for a win-win on his end. If the Packers go on to lose, then he can kill them because Rodgers's injury wasn't an excuse. If they win he can say, "see, I told you guys 12's injury was not a significant problem".

Upnorth
01-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Well can we blame the weather then? Gusts up to 45 mph! All I can say is between the injury and the weather if we win this will be one of the great victories in packer history.

The Shadow
01-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Packers : 26
Seahawks : 21
Sam Shields has the BIG PLAY.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 05:52 PM
This thread nearly carried it. Then Slocum and M3 pissed away all the momentum the D and I built up.

Four years of thread building, down the drain!