PDA

View Full Version : Domanick Davis may be avaliable

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Running back Domanick Davis, the Texans' career rushing leader, is in danger of not making the team this season. Davis, who missed five games in 2005, has not practiced since the first week of preseason because of a bruised left knee that is unrelated to the arthroscopic surgery he underwent on the same knee in December. Unlike Wali Lundy and Vernand Morency, Davis has been unable to be on the field to impress his new coaching staff, specifically head coach Gary Kubiak and offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun. Kubiak said Monday that if the regular season began today, Lundy would start against Philadelphia.

Posted August 29, by Ben Maller

Also:

Another team said to be a fit for Deion Branch is the Bears, but general manager Jerry Angelo told reporters in Chicago yesterday he didn’t believe Branch would leave New England and that the Pats allowed him to speak to other teams simply to determine his market value. The Pats have given Branch until Friday to find a new deal.

Posted August 29, by Ben Maller

NewsBruin
08-29-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm leery of players who've been cut by other teams for any reason than too much depth in one position.

We've got enough potential injury issues in our RB corps, unless we plan on jettisonning Green and/or Najeh.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 11:36 PM
He really doesn't have an injury history, never has been out for season or out for a extended period of time. And if he could run behind that shit line in texas, am sure he could help us out.

MadtownPacker
08-30-2006, 01:23 AM
If he is available then get him!

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Dom. Davis is a very decent RB.

That means... we won't touch him.

That means we may pursue him. Who in the "H" knows ?

How do you think in terms of winning and not desire an effort to check a RB like Dom, Davis out?

NewsBruin
08-30-2006, 03:58 AM
My thought is: unless they're going to cut him purely for salary/return-on-investment reasons, then we gotta be leery. When will he be able to start contributing this season? What will be his max effectiveness compared to pre-injury days?

I saw a headline that said Houston may put him on IR, which makes me think Davis might be seen as having worth beyond just this season (why put cap money into Davis for a season, rather than cut him, unless he's got more football left in his legs?).

My thought with the RB corps probably stems from the mistakes I kept making on my fantasy teams: I brought in lots of backs who could carry part of a rushing load, but not the lion's share of the carries. I couldn't get enough points to win any game, even though each one put up yards. Fantasy is not reality, but I don't think we could get much worth from three guys who may be healthy over different stretches of the season. I'd rather take 1-2 of Najeh, Ahman, and Domanick, while developing Samkon and Beach to the best of their abilities.

If Domanick is cut, I think we could at least make an offer, but I don't know if I'd risk a player, and most likely not a first-day pick on him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Davis eager to get back on the field

HOUSTON (AP) - Domanick Davis doesn't know when his injured left knee will be healthy enough for him to return to the field.

The running back hopes the Houston Texans will be patient regardless of how long it takes.

Davis, Houston's top rusher for the past three seasons, has been out for a month with a bone bruise that is causing soreness in his knee. He said it has been frustrating and surprising that the injury has kept him out this long.

"It's getting to the point where it's just draining me," he said. "I'm tired of watching. I've been here and I've worked hard with everybody else and I can't be out there and help. It's just killing me watching."

Davis said he doesn't really have any significant pain when doing every day activities, but when he runs his knee is "just not right."

"It's up and it's down," he said. "I can feel good one day and I'll do a little more and kind of aggravate it a little bit, then I have to back off of it a little bit."

Texans coach Gary Kubiak plans to meet with Davis, his agent and his doctors this week to discuss his injury. He wants to find out if Davis can play this season or if he needs to be placed on injured reserve.

Kubiak said Davis has done everything he has been asked in an attempt to return and that he is an important part of the team. Whatever decision is made Kubiak wants to be in the best interest of not only the team but Davis.

In the meantime Davis wants to make sure everyone understands he cannot wait to get back on the field.

"Lets not get it twisted, I want to play," he said, glancing down at the thin brace covering his injured knee. "It's killing me more than anybody that I'm not out there and playing. It is killing me. I don't like being in this position, but I'm hurt. It's part of football and I have to live with it."

Davis will not be available for Houston's opener against Philadelphia and rookie Wali Lundy will start in his place.

Foxsports

PackerPro42
08-30-2006, 01:44 PM
It seems wierd that they would just drop him though. I mean when they didn't draft Reggie they we're putting all their faith into him. Just dropping him would be stupid. They may be looking to trade him but not drop him.