PDA

View Full Version : Packers dominate all-division team on offense

Patler
12-28-2014, 03:47 AM
McGinn's annual all-division team as picked by a personnel executive from each team. Stunning performance by Packers offense:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jordy-nelson-aaron-rodgers-top-picks-in-division-b99415362z1-286942191.html

Unanimous at their position - Aaron Rodgers, Nelson, Sitton, Lang, Cobb, Adams (3rd receiver)
Not unanimous, but voted as the best at his position - Bulaga
Tied for best at their positions - Lacy, Bakhtiari, Linsley, Kuhn, Starks (2nd RB), Tretter (6th OL)

Flynn (backup QB) Rodgers (2nd TE) - 3rd
Quarless, Boykin (4th receiver) - 4th

Everyone on the starting offense, except at TE, is the best in the division at his position, or tied for best. That also extends to their 3rd WR, 2nd RB, and 6th OL.

Fritz
12-28-2014, 07:16 AM
Must be some sucky tight ends in the division if any Packer tight end is mentioned.

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 08:05 AM
there are few things in the world that interest me less than Bob McGinn's end-of-season all-division team.

Joemailman
12-28-2014, 08:31 AM
Must be some sucky tight ends in the division if any Packer tight end is mentioned.

Well, Quarless is 4th (last) among starting TE's, and Rodgers is 3rd among 2nd TE's. So, they're mentioned but not praised. Right now Packers have 2 decent backup TE's.

Fritz
12-28-2014, 08:36 AM
They should be the unmentionables.

I think Rodgers can be an okay TE, but that's about it.

Pugger
12-28-2014, 09:21 AM
TE is still a need for us. Neither Rodgers nor Q can stretch the field.

Maxie the Taxi
12-28-2014, 10:18 AM
TE is still a need for us. Neither Rodgers nor Q can stretch the field.

Unfortunately, I don't see any field stretchers in the upcoming draft at true TE. IMHO, O'Leary from Florida State is the best TE of the lot. Like a poor man's Jason Witten.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Looking at article, Packers could use juice at:
TE, kick returner, defensive tackle, backup QB, inside LB, punter?

Patler
12-28-2014, 10:30 AM
there are few things in the world that interest me less than Bob McGinn's end-of-season all-division team.

Apparently it interested you enough to open the thread, and post a comment. :-)
(Admit it, you READ the first post, didn't you?)

woodbuck27
12-28-2014, 10:32 AM

ST Help, TE and DT.

How many consecutive years have we waited for help @ ILB?

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Apparently it interested you enough to open the thread, and post a comment. :-)

I stopped reading at "McGinn"

Patler
12-28-2014, 10:35 AM

I think they are OK at punter; Masthay is just having an off year. At least, I hope so.

Patler
12-28-2014, 10:36 AM
I stopped reading at "McGinn"

Why did you even go that far? You knew what was coming from the title.

Patler
12-28-2014, 10:43 AM
So, Lang and Adams are unanimous this year, Bulaga is voted best returning from injury; and Bakhtiari and Linsley are tied for first ................. and all most of you want to comment on are the TEs?

Spoiled Packer fans, the lot of you!!! :) :)

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Why did you even go that far? You knew what was coming from the title.

I wanted to voice my displeasure with the whole concept. Who are you, my father?

Patler
12-28-2014, 10:54 AM
I wanted to voice my displeasure with the whole concept. Who are you, my father?

Your displeasure with my thread?
Do you think we should care if you are interested in it, or not?
Am I (and others) to take from your remark that we should be concerned whether our threads will interest you?
Perhaps I should have not started it?

Am I your father? Doubt it! I believe all of my kids would simply not post in a thread they are not interested in, as would I.

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Your displeasure with my thread?
Do you think we should care if you are interested in it, or not?
Am I (and others) to take from your remark that we should be concerned whether our threads will interest you?
Perhaps I should have not started it?

Am I your father? Doubt it! I believe all of my kids would simply not post in a thread they are not interested in, as would I.

I'm not only disinterested in the topic (not YOUR thread, but McGinn's column), but think it deserves a negative comment. That's why I posted Dad. You are a very saintly man of perfection. Congratulations.

Carolina_Packer
12-28-2014, 11:13 AM
I think this thread is going well so far. I just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 11:27 AM
I think this thread is going well so far. I just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

Do you like movies with gladiators?

Bretsky
12-28-2014, 06:57 PM
TIME TO GIVE CAMPEN CREDIT FOR HIS COACHING UP OF THIS OL ??????????????????????????????????

MadScientist
12-28-2014, 07:30 PM
TIME TO GIVE CAMPEN CREDIT FOR HIS COACHING UP OF THIS OL ??????????????????????????????????
Do we give him a pass for the first 8 games of the season? His lines are almost always the same, dog shit for the first few games, hit and miss for the next few, halfway decent for the next few, and pretty good for the last few. People like to just remember the last they've seen, and think that will continue into the next year, but it won't. They will start off shitty again.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Do we give him a pass for the first 8 games of the season? His lines are almost always the same, dog shit for the first few games, hit and miss for the next few, halfway decent for the next few, and pretty good for the last few. People like to just remember the last they've seen, and think that will continue into the next year, but it won't. They will start off shitty again.

There is a little more to it than that the last two years. New centers (and a rookie center), injuries to tackles and Guards. Those things take their toll.

esoxx
12-28-2014, 11:25 PM

Obviously jealous of McGinn's success in the journalism world compared with your hero, Cliff Christl.

Christl couldn't hold McGinn's jock strap.

Nor should he want to.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Obviously jealous of McGinn's success in the journalism world compared with your hero, Cliff Christl.

Christl couldn't hold McGinn's jock strap.

Nor should he want to.

LOL

Patler
12-29-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm not only disinterested in the topic (not YOUR thread, but McGinn's column), but think it deserves a negative comment. That's why I posted Dad. You are a very saintly man of perfection. Congratulations.

"Saintly man of perfection"? "Lordly" (per your "comment" to me) HUH? I don't get it.
I have one more comment for you:

R-E-L-A-X

I started a thread thinking people might want to discuss the fact that all but one starter, and even the primary subs are "best in their division"; or that some we have wondered about (like Bakhtiari) have apparently stepped up or rebounded (Bulaga). Instead, most wanted to discuss the TEs, and You wanted to jab the concept of the poll. I decided to jab you all a bit, but apparently you want to argue your part of it. Since this thread is mostly a loser already anyway, I'm up for sparing.......SO.....

Just why is it that you often want to divert threads from the original topic?
More importantly, why do you resort so often to personal attacks, even name calling?

Pugger
12-29-2014, 12:21 AM

Yes. We were starting a rookie at center. Now that he has all these games under his belt he doesn't look like a rookie out there. The loins knew Rodgers was immobile back there but they still hardly touched him except when he was lying on the ground. Once Aaron gets his legs back underneath him he will be his usual otherworldly self.

Patler
12-29-2014, 12:25 AM
Yes. We were starting a rookie at center. Now that he has all these games under his belt he doesn't look like a rookie out there. The loins knew Rodgers was immobile back there but they still hardly touched him except when he was lying on the ground. Once Aaron gets his legs back underneath him he will be his usual otherworldly self.

I have been a big critic of Campen over the years. But, they do seem to have a very goof functioning line right now. Is it because of Campen? Wish I knew.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 12:26 AM
"Saintly man of perfection"? "Lordly" (per your "comment" to me) HUH? I don't get it.
I have one more comment for you:

R-E-L-A-X

I started a thread thinking people might want to discuss the fact that all but one starter, and even the primary subs are "best in their division"; or that some we have wondered about (like Bakhtiari) have apparently stepped up or rebounded (Bulaga). Instead, most wanted to discuss the TEs, and You wanted to jab the concept of the poll. I decided to jab you all a bit, but apparently you want to argue your part of it. Since this thread is mostly a loser already anyway, I'm up for sparing.......SO.....

Just why is it that you often want to divert threads from the original topic?
More importantly, why do you resort so often to personal attacks, even name calling?

I didn't force you to respond to my comments. But you kept coming back for more. All I did was voice my opinion about McGinn's "Best of the North" column, which I dislike. You never even thought to ask why. Please don't be hurt - it wasn't a negative comment against you, only McGinn.

You have a strange idea about personal 'attacks.' Still, you are very Lordly, kind Noble Sir.

Pugger
12-29-2014, 12:33 AM
I have been a big critic of Campen over the years. But, they do seem to have a very goof functioning line right now. Is it because of Campen? Wish I knew.

I too have groused about Campen but somebody is doing something right. This line is playing at a very high level. Detroit knew Rodgers was hobbling but they still had trouble getting to him back there.

Patler
12-29-2014, 01:09 AM
I didn't force you to respond to my comments. But you kept coming back for more. All I did was voice my opinion about McGinn's "Best of the North" column, which I dislike. You never even thought to ask why. Please don't be hurt - it wasn't a negative comment against you, only McGinn.

You have a strange idea about personal 'attacks.' Still, you are very Lordly, kind Noble Sir.

So replying to you, or asking about your response is "coming back for more". Should I consider you untouchable?

Hurt? Me? About what? Why would you even think that any comment from you would "hurt" me. I don't even know you, nor you me.

I just think it is a bit funny when grown adults resort to name-calling of any sort.

Patler
12-29-2014, 01:18 AM
I too have groused about Campen but somebody is doing something right. This line is playing at a very high level. Detroit knew Rodgers was hobbling but they still had trouble getting to him back there.

Agreed. Thing is, we don't know how much Campen is in control, or how much others may be involved. A few years back when the line was playing poorly, MM said Philbin would be getting involved with the OL to give another perspective from his past OL experience. Not saying something similar is happening now, but who knows.

One thing that has intrigued me is that I never see or hear much from the players praising Campen, or crediting him for their development. We have heard those types of comments from many other players about their position coaches, but not much about Campen.

Bretsky
12-29-2014, 01:58 AM
Agreed. Thing is, we don't know how much Campen is in control, or how much others may be involved. A few years back when the line was playing poorly, MM said Philbin would be getting involved with the OL to give another perspective from his past OL experience. Not saying something similar is happening now, but who knows.

One thing that has intrigued me is that I never see or hear much from the players praising Campen, or crediting him for their development. We have heard those types of comments from many other players about their position coaches, but not much about Campen.

I'm not sure I've hears much about past line coaches. Maybe it's just me but I seem to hear more about Edgar Bennett...Tom Clement....Kevin Greene. Those guys coach less players and in Bennett and Greene's case seem to be player's coaches.

I'm not sure I recall much more getting those praises. When Joe Phily was here he exceled at OL; I'm not sure we have that coach on our staff now.

We agree to disagree on this one. I've always felt Campen is at least average and not a coach I'd consider canning.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 08:02 AM
So replying to you, or asking about your response is "coming back for more". Should I consider you untouchable?

Hurt? Me? About what? Why would you even think that any comment from you would "hurt" me. I don't even know you, nor you me.

I just think it is a bit funny when grown adults resort to name-calling of any sort.

I understand, Patler, I think. I am impressed with you. Although you have an occasional lack of curiosity (you still seem not to wonder what I find objectionable about the McGinn column), you are the sentinel of sportsmanship, a paragon of virtue, sinless and unblemished, the very paschal lamb of packer rats.

vince
12-29-2014, 08:20 AM
What I find interesting is everyone focused immediately on the only position on the entire starting offense not the best in the division. The Packers need help - at TE, 4th receiver and back-up QB. Damn the bad luck.

They've been mostly unheralded as far as I've seen, except by Rodgers and McCarthy in their PCs, but this offensive line, across the board, has done an outstanding job this year against some tough competition.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 08:24 AM
What I find interesting is everyone focused immediately on the only position on the entire starting offense not the best in the division. The Packers need help - at TE, 4th receiver and back-up QB. Damn the bad luck.

They've been mostly unheralded as far as I've seen, except by Rodgers and McCarthy in their PCs, but this offensive line, across the board, has done an outstanding job this year against some tough competition.

Ditto.

hoosier
12-29-2014, 08:35 AM
I would take this assessment with a big grain of salt. The offenses in the rest of the division were truly offensive this year, especially the Bears. Last year it was the Chicago OL that was getting all the props while the Packers OL was considered just average. Have things changed that much in one year?

pbmax
12-29-2014, 08:52 AM
I worry Bach might be leading by being the best of a bad bunch. He gets beat by speed WAY too much for my comfort. Bulaga is also up and down. I would take a Tackle over a TE.

Patler
12-29-2014, 08:58 AM
I understand, Patler, I think. I am impressed with you. Although you have an occasional lack of curiosity (you still seem not to wonder what I find objectionable about the McGinn column), you are the sentinel of sportsmanship, a paragon of virtue, sinless and unblemished, the very paschal lamb of packer rats.

:roll: :roll: and apparently you see me as naive, too????

I gave you several openings to explain your aversion to McGinn's annual endeavor, but you have offered nothing, not a single word in support or explanation of your original statement. Now, your greater interest seems to be in issuing backhanded compliments. Normally, I would simply ignore them, but I have been feeling a bit more argumentative the last day or so. :-)

You are correct in one thing. I absolutely do not wonder what you find objectionable about the column, because I throw this column in the same category as pro-bowl selections. Neither is very meaningful in and of itself. One need look no further than the pro bowl selection of Jeff Saturday two years ago to see that. However, I still find reasons to discuss them.

If your objections are different, apparently they will have to remain one of the great mysteries of life, because I will not beg you for an explanation.

vince
12-29-2014, 09:07 AM
I worry Bach might be leading by being the best of a bad bunch. He gets beat by speed WAY too much for my comfort. Bulaga is also up and down. I would take a Tackle over a TE.
Bulaga has had one down week this year - two sacks allowed by Wake in Week 6. 1 other sack allowed this year.

Can't find stats on Bakh but I don't remember him getting beat by speed much. My guess he's maybe allowed a handful of sacks this year. He used to be (last year) susceptible to power but always handled speed pretty well...

Rodgers has been pretty clean at least since the bye week as far as I recall.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 09:13 AM
I gave you several openings to explain your aversion to McGinn's annual endeavor

Not really. You just lectured, Dad. But, as you were in the position of ultimate, untouchable purity, I felt there was no possibility of measuring up.

vince
12-29-2014, 09:13 AM
I would take this assessment with a big grain of salt. The offenses in the rest of the division were truly offensive this year, especially the Bears. Last year it was the Chicago OL that was getting all the props while the Packers OL was considered just average. Have things changed that much in one year?The play of the Bears OL has changed for one. I'd say the play of the Packers OL has changed too - for the better.

The other 3 offenses have been pretty bad this year, but the Packers have been very good. #1 scoring offense in the league and they did it in dominating fashion by gaining the most yards per play as well.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 09:14 AM
If your objections are different, apparently they will have to remain one of the great mysteries of life, because I will not beg you for an explanation.

You will have to beg at this point

ThunderDan
12-29-2014, 09:16 AM
The play of the Bears OL has changed for one. I'd say the play of the Packers OL has changed too - for the better.

The other 3 offenses have been pretty bad this year, but the Packers have been very good. #1 scoring offense in the league and they did it in dominating fashion by gaining the most yards per play as well.

We really need to take the play calling away from MM. It is unacceptable to only be the highest scoring team and gaining the most yards per play.

We must score at least twice as many points as any other team in the league. Otherwise, MM is a failure.

Patler
12-29-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure I've hears much about past line coaches. Maybe it's just me but I seem to hear more about Edgar Bennett...Tom Clement....Kevin Greene. Those guys coach less players and in Bennett and Greene's case seem to be player's coaches.

I'm not sure I recall much more getting those praises. When Joe Phily was here he exceled at OL; I'm not sure we have that coach on our staff now.

We agree to disagree on this one. I've always felt Campen is at least average and not a coach I'd consider canning.

My biggest complaint with Campen has been the broken record performances year after year, with the line starting poorly, and not getting their act together until mid-season or so. I expect a good coach to fix that after a couple years. I attributed it to Campen's underwhelming coaching resume. The guy simply had no experience coaching adults. For some, that isn't an issue, but Campen was promoted very quickly. In three years he went from being a high school coach to Packer quality control, assistant line coach, then line coach. I thought maybe he needed more seasoning. But I am willing to admit I may have been too harsh (or maybe he has grown into his job :-))

I seem to remember players talking up Lovat, Beightol and Philbin as O-line coaches. Among the current coaches, in addition to those you mentioned, both Rodgers and Flynn have praised Van Pelt quite a lot, Lacy and Starks have had good things to say about Gash, and the DBs at least mention Witt and Perry. I simply don't remember anyone on the O-line saying much about Campen at all.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Bulaga has had one down week this year - two sacks allowed by Wake in Week 6. 1 other sack allowed this year.

Can't find stats on Bakh but I don't remember him getting beat by speed much. My guess he's maybe allowed a handful of sacks this year. He used to be (last year) susceptible to power but always handled speed pretty well...

Rodgers has been pretty clean at least since the bye week as far as I recall.

Bach has given up the most pressures, though I am only judging by the weekly totals in McGinn's Rating the Packers column, I have no season totals. I have seen him beat with speed. Unlike Newhouse, he doesn't give up and Rodgers can often step up to avoid the deep pressure and Bach can then regain control. Its OK, but not ideal.

Bulaga has given up pressure to both speed and bull rushes. He seems most affected by the road woes. Same as Bach, he doesn't lose completely so recovery is possible, but his command of the situation is tenuous.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Beightol and Lovat got a lot of love. Lovat got his accolades late after the Packers were done rebuilding the line through the draft and stopped the stopgaps.

The Sherman era O lines loved Beightol, especially being able to relate how profane he could be to reporters.

Don't remember much about Philbin as O line coach as he was moved to OC quickly.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 09:29 AM
My biggest complaint with Campen has been the broken record performances year after year, with the line starting poorly, and not getting their act together until mid-season or so. I expect a good coach to fix that after a couple years. I attributed it to Campen's underwhelming coaching resume. The guy simply had no experience coaching adults. For some, that isn't an issue, but Campen was promoted very quickly. In three years he went from being a high school coach to Packer quality control, assistant line coach, then line coach. I thought maybe he needed more seasoning. But I am willing to admit I may have been too harsh (or maybe he has grown into his job :-))

I seem to remember players talking up Lovat, Beightol and Philbin as O-line coaches. Among the current coaches, in addition to those you mentioned, both Rodgers and Flynn have praised Van Pelt quite a lot, Lacy and Starks have had good things to say about Gash, and the DBs at least mention Witt and Perry. I simply don't remember anyone on the O-line saying much about Campen at all.

I think Campen started raw and has improved. But he's had some shaky personnel too, due to injuries and whatnot. Maybe some holdover too from the emphasis on the ZBS.

Patler
12-29-2014, 09:39 AM

Those were my original thoughts about the tackles, too. Apparently, Kahlil has really gone into the tank this year in MN, and Bushrod to some extent, too. Going into the season I would have expected them to be the two best. Instead, its Bakhtiari and the guy in Detroit. Pretty much exactly inverted from what I expected. At RT, Bulaga might have gotten it by default for being the healthiest at an injury riddled position.

Patler
12-29-2014, 09:49 AM
I think Campen started raw and has improved. But he's had some shaky personnel too, due to injuries and whatnot. Maybe some holdover too from the emphasis on the ZBS.

Very true. It takes a while to replace five guys, and the need was there when Campen took over. Starting in one direction, then going in another has prolonged it, and injuries certainly haven't helped. For example, I think Spitz could have been a serviceable player at guard or center, but couldn't stay on the field. Bulaga has added to the instability.

Patler
12-29-2014, 09:54 AM
We must score at least twice as many points as any other team in the league. Otherwise, MM is a failure.

Unfortunately, with the defense and ST performances we sometimes see by GB, there is some truth to that! :-)

Patler
12-29-2014, 09:56 AM
You will have to beg at this point

So, I guess I am being punished, huh? Now who is playing Dad???

Carolina_Packer
12-29-2014, 09:59 AM

If both the TE and T in question were the best available at their position during the draft, I would say go T since they are harder to find. Doesn't mean we can't find a good TE, and Rodgers looks like he has some hands; he just needs time to learn the offense and learn to block more consistently.

Patler
12-29-2014, 10:07 AM
there are few things in the world that interest me less than Bob McGinn's end-of-season all-division team.Apparently it interested you enough to open the thread, and post a comment. :-)

I stopped reading at "McGinn"Why did you even go that far? You knew what was coming from the title.

Not really. You just lectured, Dad. But, as you were in the position of ultimate, untouchable purity, I felt there was no possibility of measuring up.

Gee, that was some lecturing by me, wasn't it? I certainly hope you learned your lesson from it !!

You had three opportunities to expound on your thoughts. You chose to incite, instead.

Smidgeon
12-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Those were my original thoughts about the tackles, too. Apparently, Kahlil has really gone into the tank this year in MN, and Bushrod to some extent, too. Going into the season I would have expected them to be the two best. Instead, its Bakhtiari and the guy in Detroit. Pretty much exactly inverted from what I expected. At RT, Bulaga might have gotten it by default for being the healthiest at an injury riddled position.

And Bakh is a pro-bowl alternate, so either he's better than we think or as Rodgers' LT, he's getting more credit than he should.

vince
12-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Bach has given up the most pressures, though I am only judging by the weekly totals in McGinn's Rating the Packers column, I have no season totals. I have seen him beat with speed. Unlike Newhouse, he doesn't give up and Rodgers can often step up to avoid the deep pressure and Bach can then regain control. Its OK, but not ideal.

Bulaga has given up pressure to both speed and bull rushes. He seems most affected by the road woes. Same as Bach, he doesn't lose completely so recovery is possible, but his command of the situation is tenuous.
Although I think Bakh has peformed admirably this year, I can see the argument that there remains room for improvement, particularly in run blocking and in reducing his penalties. Just going from impression, he has to lead the team in offensive penalties by a wide margin.

I don't see the Bulaga criticism at all. He's been a rock at RT all year against everyone except Wake in Miami. A few pressures here and there, though he typically recovers? Not sure what your perspective is in terms of standards of excellence but he's been great this year. Maybe ding him a little in run blocking too but not much else - and even that gets more subjective too when you look at whether the backs decisions are in sync with the linemen and how that can make linemen look.

pbmax
12-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Although I think Bakh has peformed admirably this year, I can see the argument that there remains room for improvement, particularly in run blocking and in reducing his penalties. Just going from impression, he has to lead the team in offensive penalties by a wide margin.

I don't see the Bulaga criticism at all. He's been a rock at RT all year against everyone except Wake in Miami. A few pressures here and there, though he typically recovers? Not sure what your perspective is in terms of standards of excellence but he's been great this year. Maybe ding him a little in run blocking too but not much else - and even that gets more subjective too when you look at whether the backs decisions are in sync with the linemen and how that can make linemen look.

My general impression of Bulaga's performance came early, after the road woes (Seattle, Detroit) his injury, Miami and the Saints game. Its possible I have missed him solidifying his performance in the last 6-8 weeks, post-injury. Although getting walked back into Rodgers lap twice versus Detroit at home wasn't helpful.

He did have less clear whiffs than Bach, but it wasn't lockdown tight as he had before his injury trouble. That plus age make me uncertain how much he should be counted on next year. Even if he stays, I think the need for a backup Tackle with the skill to start eventually is a big need.

The sack numbers are impressive, but we really need pressure numbers because forcing a QB to move is often just as effective as tackling him.

pbmax
12-30-2014, 09:44 AM
nm

mraynrand
12-30-2014, 12:10 PM
My general impression of Bulaga's performance came early, after the road woes (Seattle, Detroit) his injury, Miami and the Saints game. Its possible I have missed him solidifying his performance in the last 6-8 weeks, post-injury. Although getting walked back into Rodgers lap twice versus Detroit at home wasn't helpful.

He did have less clear whiffs than Bach, but it wasn't lockdown tight as he had before his injury trouble. That plus age make me uncertain how much he should be counted on next year. Even if he stays, I think the need for a backup Tackle with the skill to start eventually is a big need.

The sack numbers are impressive, but we really need pressure numbers because forcing a QB to move is often just as effective as tackling him.

Maybe a great LT will fall to the Packers late in the first round, Then Bak could move right. That draft position has been LT gold for Green Bay!

QBME
12-30-2014, 12:18 PM

With all due respect PB, he's only 25 years old!

pbmax
12-30-2014, 12:55 PM
With all due respect PB, he's only 25 years old!

It seems like he is 34. Lots of injuries, several severe. Very few injury free seasons.

On the other hand, I am glad to finally overestimate someone's age for a change.

pbmax
12-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Maybe a great LT will fall to the Packers late in the first round, Then Bak could move right. That draft position has been LT gold for Green Bay!

TRADE DOWN! Cliffy was high second.

Patler
12-30-2014, 01:48 PM
It seems like he is 34. Lots of injuries, several severe. Very few injury free seasons.

On the other hand, I am glad to finally overestimate someone's age for a change.

Just remember that he was the youngest player to be a starter in a Super Bowl. That will give you a reference for his age, and provide ammo for a trivia contest.

Bossman641
12-30-2014, 03:50 PM
I have no stats to back me up, but I feel like Bakh has had a very solid second half of the year. He hasn't struggled with speed like he did early on, nor with power like he did last year. Going into this year I wasn't sure he could be the long term solution at LT but now I'm beginning to think otherwise.

Here's an interesting question, how would you rate the OL from best to worst? I'd put Sitton first but after that I think they are all pretty similar
Sitton
Lang
Linsley
Bakh
Bulaga

Smidgeon
12-30-2014, 04:50 PM
I have no stats to back me up, but I feel like Bakh has had a very solid second half of the year. He hasn't struggled with speed like he did early on, nor with power like he did last year. Going into this year I wasn't sure he could be the long term solution at LT but now I'm beginning to think otherwise.

Here's an interesting question, how would you rate the OL from best to worst? I'd put Sitton first but after that I think they are all pretty similar
Sitton
Lang
Linsley
Bakh
Bulaga

Sitton
Linsley
Lang
Bakh/Bulaga

pbmax
12-31-2014, 12:21 AM
Just remember that he was the youngest player to be a starter in a Super Bowl. That will give you a reference for his age, and provide ammo for a trivia contest.

Nah. I am still trying to scheme a way to replace him with Sherrod next year. :lol: