PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: vs. Lions Week 17

pbmax
12-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Rodgers PC

Green Bay Packers @packers · 16m 16 minutes ago
Rodgers on returning: I was kind of battling to get back out there. I felt like if I could get back in there it might give us a little jolt.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 17m17 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers on Suh: "He'll probably say it was an accident. ... We'll see what happens."

Green Bay Packers @packers · 13m 13 minutes ago
Rodgers: I wanted to be back out there competing with my guys. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 12m 12 minutes ago
Rodgers: As bad as it felt, I thought if I could go out there & we win, I get another week to rehab. #DETvsGB

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 15m15 minutes ago
Rodgers says he applied heat, tape in the locker room. Was thinking how a win today provides an extra week of recovery for playoffs.

Green Bay Packers @packers · 10m 10 minutes ago
Rodgers on MVP chants: It's special...those are special moments for me, ones I'll never forget. #DETvsGB

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 14m14 minutes ago
Rodgers: "I don't think I did anything heroic. I just have a strong desire to compete."

Green Bay Packers @packers · 8m 8 minutes ago
Rodgers: The (offensive) line's been great. They've been the key to our success the last 8-10 weeks. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 7m 7 minutes ago
Rodgers: Four years in a row winning the division, 8-0 at home is great. It's a fun team to be on. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 5m 5 minutes ago
Rodgers on Nelson: Probably had one of the quieter 1,500-yard seasons...He does it all...I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 08:01 PM
McCarthy PC

Tom Oates ‏@TomOatesWSJ 53m53 minutes ago
Only injury reported by #Packers was Aaron Rodgers' calf injury, and that didn't prevent him from returning to the game.

Green Bay Packers @packers · 41m 41 minutes ago
McCarthy: Big win for our football team. Excited about winning the division championship. Want to thank fans for making Lambeau loud.

Green Bay Packers @packers · 41m 41 minutes ago
McCarthy: Clearly another MVP performance by Aaron Rodgers. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 37m 37 minutes ago
McCarthy: It's critical for us to have two weeks before Rodgers has to play again. I think the two weeks is huge for us. #DETvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 33m 33 minutes ago
McCarthy on Jordy Nelson's #Packers single-season receiving record: Jordy's had an amazing year...Couldn't be happier for him. #DETvsGB

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46m46 minutes ago
McCarthy called suhs play ridiculous

pbmax
12-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 35m35 minutes ago
Three things from McCarthy: Called Rodgers an MVP, called Suh's play "ridiculous" (based on what he was told), praised physicality.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 29m29 minutes ago
My pal @davebirkett says Suh didn't speak with reporters after the game, so his accidentally-on purpose steps on Rodgers were not addressed.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
Mike Daniels: If there's a word of greater magnitude than respect that’s what I have for Aaron. He laid it on the line. We had to respond

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 25m25 minutes ago
Asked Matt Flynn if he knew who Willis Reed was. "I have no idea." Fortunately, he was much better when talking about his friend No. 12.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 22m22 minutes ago
Rodgers thinks of everything. Said he waited in tunnel to come out until #Packers were punting. (Didn't want cheers while offense on field.)

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 21m21 minutes ago
Flynn on Rodgers' return: "I’m sitting on the bench and he comes over, taps me on the shoulder and says, ‘I’ve got it.'" #Packers

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 08:20 PM
@davebirkett says Suh didn't speak with reporters after the game.

https://i.imgflip.com/eiry4.jpg

100K, baby!

Tyrion Lannister
12-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Watching replays of the play, it looked like Suh stepped on Rodgers' leg accidentally. Rodgers fell near where Suh was standing and Suh was watching the Nelson catch down field. Nothing dirty. Nothing like Raiola.

In fact, Rodgers should've been flagged for personal foul for slapping Suh.

Maxie the Taxi
12-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Suh's got some issues. He's psychopathic.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Watching replays of the play, it looked like Suh stepped on Rodgers' leg accidentally. Rodgers fell near where Suh was standing and Suh was watching the Nelson catch down field. Nothing dirty. Nothing like Raiola.

In fact, Rodgers should've been flagged for personal foul for slapping Suh.

And what about the second time he stepped on Rodgers?

woodbuck27
12-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
Mike Daniels: If there's a word of greater magnitude than respect that’s what I have for Aaron. He laid it on the line. We had to respond

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 25m25 minutes ago
Asked Matt Flynn if he knew who Willis Reed was. "I have no idea." Fortunately, he was much better when talking about his friend No. 12.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 22m22 minutes ago
Rodgers thinks of everything. Said he waited in tunnel to come out until #Packers were punting. (Didn't want cheers while offense on field.)

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 21m21 minutes ago
Flynn on Rodgers' return: "I’m sitting on the bench and he comes over, taps me on the shoulder and says, ‘I’ve got it.'" #Packers

Great stuff for us fans to enjoy and be proud of for Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers was out of this world competitive today.

Joemailman
12-28-2014, 08:48 PM
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5991C6E2451161144162574372864_21326245eba.5.1.1057 000474586481212.mp4?versionId=.iGeeGghh0feycFH0eKp vVwippCkD7If

Second step could draw a fine.

Tyrion Lannister
12-28-2014, 08:50 PM

I think he was trying to keep his balance or something.

Joemailman
12-28-2014, 08:51 PM

I think you're trolling or something.

Tyrion Lannister
12-28-2014, 08:58 PM
I think you're trolling or something.

Suh has a reputation for being a dirty player, so folks are giving him credit for a dirty play, but that wasn't a dirty play at all -imo, of course. He was trying to plant his foot to keep his balance. I don't think he was trying to stump anybody, ala Raiola.

woodbuck27
12-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Suh has a reputation for being a dirty player, so folks are giving him credit for a dirty play, but that wasn't a dirty play at all -imo, of course. He was trying to plant his foot to keep his balance. I don't think he was trying to stump anybody, ala Raiola.

Maybe...look again.

esoxx
12-28-2014, 09:05 PM

You're either high or trolling. Probably both.

KY, any thoughts?

Tyrion Lannister
12-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Maybe...look again.

When Suh signs with the Packers in the off-season, all will be well and forgotten :)

Maxie the Taxi
12-28-2014, 09:07 PM
When Suh signs with the Packers in the off-season, all will be well and forgotten :)

Fat chance. :roll:

LP
12-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Suh's got some issues. He's psychopathetic.

Fixed.

Tyrion Lannister
12-28-2014, 09:15 PM
You're either high or trolling. Probably both.

KY, any thoughts?

Look at the clip Mailman provided. Suh's back was facing Rodgers. He didn't see Rodgers fall beneath him. It looked like he accidentally stepped on Rodgers ankle with one his leg, which caused him to lose balance, which caused him to step on Rodgers again with another leg to maintain balance. Once balance was maintained, he immediately stepped forward.

Joemailman
12-28-2014, 09:16 PM

Because of past misdeeds, Suh doesn't get, nor does he deserve the benefit of the doubt. I imagine you can empathize.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 09:17 PM

That's what I thought Matty Ice was doing when he threw that second pick.

ThunderDan
12-28-2014, 09:22 PM

Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep those doggies trolling. Rawhide!

ThunderDan
12-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Come on man! Suh's first step may have been an accident, I actually think if was, but when you step on something like that you know it is a player.

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Because of past misdeeds, Suh doesn't get, nor does he deserve the benefit of the doubt.

this is the correct take. Anyone else, we'd maybe give a pass. Also, it helps to look like you're trying to avoid it, instead of putting your weight into it.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 09:40 PM
pourmecoffee ‏@pourmecoffee 4h4 hours ago
Aaron Rodgers, bathed in the power-giving green rays of his home planet that give him superhuman strength on Earth

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5-r4dMCYAMqau9.png:large

esoxx
12-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Look at the clip Mailman provided. Suh's back was facing Rodgers. He didn't see Rodgers fall beneath him. It looked like he accidentally stepped on Rodgers ankle with one his leg, which caused him to lose balance, which caused him to step on Rodgers again with another leg to maintain balance. Once balance was maintained, he immediately stepped forward.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Not high, not trolling. Just dumb.

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 09:41 PM
^^^ Orion slave traders are tough

pbmax
12-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Anyone got a screenshot of the ginger beard Rodgers was rubbing on the sideline for luck? Wilde and the beat guys haven't seen it yet.

Zool
12-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Come on man! Suh's first step may have been an accident, I actually think if was, but when you step on something like that you know it is a player.

It was no accident just like that fuckstain Tank defending him on a Packer board is no accident. He didn't even look back after he did it. He's a piece of shit and a bad loser. He'll probably get tagged in the off season but he should be gone from the NFCN by 2016.

pbmax
12-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 50s50 seconds ago
Is this McCarthy's most physical team? "I don’t know. This is a championship football team. Don’t have a statistic to validate my opinion."

For a guy who claims to want to avoid drama (and usually does), McCarthy is not afraid to goose it once in a while to create an edge and a story he wants.

esoxx
12-28-2014, 09:48 PM
It was no accident just like that fuckstain Tank defending him on a Packer board is no accident. He didn't even look back after he did it. He's a piece of shit and a bad loser. He'll probably get tagged in the off season but he should be gone from the NFCN by 2016.

Repped

woodbuck27
12-28-2014, 10:00 PM

It sure wasn't a large dog bone.

On the second step on Rodgers wrist SUH put his weight on it.

That seemed obvious to me.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-28-2014, 11:21 PM

I've looked at this play multiple times, and have tried to keep an unbiased opinion, and in all honesty all I can say is FUCK NO!! I believe the 1st step was accidental but no normal person steps on something and does not adjust their step to take foot off the object. He may or may not have looked back depending on what he was looking at but nobody would put all their weight on the object, lift their "good" leg and continue on, unless of course he is a low life fuck head.

Pugger
12-29-2014, 12:24 AM

Don't feed the troll.

Pugger
12-29-2014, 12:27 AM

Normally when you accidentally step on something or someone you stop and look back to see what/who it was. Donkykong Sue knew exactly what he did.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Normally when you accidentally step on something or someone you stop and look back to see what/who it was. Donkykong Sue knew exactly what he did.

Yup

MadScientist
12-29-2014, 01:00 AM
I've looked at this play multiple times, and have tried to keep an unbiased opinion, and in all honesty all I can say is FUCK NO!! I believe the 1st step was accidental but no normal person steps on something and does not adjust their step to take foot off the object. He may or may not have looked back depending on what he was looking at but nobody would put all their weight on the object, lift their "good" leg and continue on, unless of course he is a low life fuck head.

Yep. He made sure he wouldn't fall and then put his whole weight on Rodger's leg. Suspend that fucker for the next 4+ games, including playoffs. That shit could have easily broken Rodgers leg and fucked up his career.

Patler
12-29-2014, 01:28 AM
this is the correct take. Anyone else, we'd maybe give a pass. Also, it helps to look like you're trying to avoid it, instead of putting your weight into it.

Agreed. He knew where AR was, so he "accidentally" stepped backward intending to get a piece of Rodgers. When he did, a little hop was all he needed to transfer his full 300+ pounds to whatever part of Rodgers was underneath his shoe. And, that is consistent with everything we have seen from him before.

Wasn't his stomp on EDS preceded by another of those accidental steps, too?

channtheman
12-29-2014, 03:05 AM
Yep. He made sure he wouldn't fall and then put his whole weight on Rodger's leg. Suspend that fucker for the next 4+ games, including playoffs. That shit could have easily broken Rodgers leg and fucked up his career.

Just ban his ass from the league. Would the NFL rather have a thug like him in the league, or an elite QB's career cut short because of said thug? I'm so sick of this blatant dirty BS. These are low life losers (the Detroit guys) that happen to be athletic and we give them millions of dollars and they think they can do whatever they want.

Tyrion Lannister
12-29-2014, 03:23 AM
Upon watching this game in 30 minutes on NFL Shortcuts, as well as listening to Cris Carter, Chris Berman and Tom Jackson discuss this matter on ESPN, I changed my opinion.

It was a dirty deed, indeed. Suh was kinda dirty dancing.

Carolina_Packer
12-29-2014, 05:39 AM

I'm not an acting coach, but if Suh wanted to sell that what he did was inadvertent, he shouldn't have acted oblivious to stepping on someone, he should have turned and acted surprised and reached down to help, even after stepping on him (twice). The fact that he acted oblivious to the second backward step tells me that he did it with purpose. NFL, don't fine him. That's nothing to a rich man. Sit him for Dallas. Period.

hoosier
12-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 15m15 minutes ago
Rodgers says he applied heat, tape in the locker room. Was thinking how a win today provides an extra week of recovery for playoffs.

Cold is the first line of treatment with muscle tears and strains. I wonder if the reinjury was really a spasm. If so that might bode well for his recovery.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Cold is the first line of treatment with muscle tears and strains. I wonder if the reinjury was really a spasm. If so that might bode well for his recovery.

If they wanted to reduce inflammation, cold is the prescription, but it they wanted to increase flexibility (at the risk of further damage and inflammation later) they may have gone with heat.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Vine here of blocked FG. Quarless and Tretter are two blocking three. Neither agrees on which two two block.

KYPack can confirm this, but on ST, usually you count and block from inside out. Should have let the wing go.

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/549579300538974209

pbmax
12-29-2014, 09:15 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/yoJC2qcbbcK9TVRPc4/giphy.gif?t=1

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Cold is the first line of treatment with muscle tears and strains.

sure, but that's if you're shutting it down. Tight wrap and heat to continue playing.

Patler
12-29-2014, 10:49 AM
sure, but that's if you're shutting it down. Tight wrap and heat to continue playing.

I thought you just rubbed dirt on it and you were good to go!

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 10:51 AM
I thought you just rubbed dirt on it and you were good to go!

not FROZEN tundra!

hoosier
12-29-2014, 11:08 AM
So all these years I've been running with the ice pack on my achilles have been in vain? :-)

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 11:09 AM
So all these years I've been running with the ice pack on my achilles have been in vain? :-)

physician, heel thyself!

pbmax
12-29-2014, 12:32 PM
New angle on Rodgers/Suh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_sfSWTH7M

denverYooper
12-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Pro Football Focus retweeted
Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke 31m31 minutes ago
Offensive linemen who started 16 games and didn't allow a sack this year: Andrew Whitworth, Josh Sitton and Zack Martin

@PFF_NateJahnke: Josh Sitton hasn't allowed a sack in his last 1,228 pass plays dating back to Week 3 of 2013 season.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 05:34 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/yoJC2qcbbcK9TVRPc4/giphy.gif?t=1

He belongs in Detroit.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 05:36 PM
New angle on Rodgers/Suh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_sfSWTH7M

If the kids already had it figured out ......you know the NFL would be quick to react.