PDA

View Full Version : Andomican Suh Two Step

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2014, 11:44 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/Rodgers-Suh-ankle-lions-packers.png

On Sunday Night Football they showed that Suh lifted-up his foot on ground so his full weight was on Rodgers.
I think somebody else mentioned that in game thread. What Suh did was shitty, not a grey area, he needs suspension.

mraynrand
12-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Honeybadger don't give a shit

wpony
12-29-2014, 12:14 AM
I Hate Suhs dirty play and it happens over and over but who here would love to sign him for 1/2 a season or how overlong it takes for us to play the Lions twice next season, then fire him unless he really starts straightening up his act but I would love to see Mike look at Suh and say go for it just be yourself the packers wont punish you no matter what you do.
Then it will be up to NFL but not till next week you could get 2 free accident prone games LOL right Suh games on Mathew Stafford every year and for Suh the refs probably wouldn't throw him out and the only one he has to worry about is the NFL brain trust.:-)

Carolina_Packer
12-29-2014, 06:24 AM
Like I said in another thread, if he had better acting skills, he would have sold the second backward step with the acting job of realizing that he was stepping on Rodgers. The fact that he acted oblivious and lifted one of his feet, tells me that he did it purposefully. Even after Rodgers reached up and pushed at him to get off, Suh did not seem aware/concerned...that's because he knew what he was doing. Only a D-bag would step (twice) on another player, "realize it" or be made to realize it, and then show no concern whatsoever.

Maxie the Taxi
12-29-2014, 06:54 AM
Only a psychopath would step (twice) on another player, "realize it" or be made to realize it, and then show no concern whatsoever.

Fixed it.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Maybe? ... this man is simply moronically unaware...or simply stupid.

I'll be surprized if the NFL punishes SUH. Something like 'not guilty due to some mental condition'.

HowardRoark
12-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Let him play. Of the three teams who could play Seattle, Detroit's got the best chance to knock them off.

I'd rather have Detroit at home again than Seattle on the road.

vince
12-29-2014, 08:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mDidM4D.gif

Cheesehead Craig
12-29-2014, 08:13 AM
Fuck him. He's a dirty bitch and always will be.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 08:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mDidM4D.gif

Good video of this incident Vince clearly showing SUH's intent to injure Aaron Rodgers. It's the second contact (with his left foot) that nails the fucker. He clearly puts some of his weight on that foot to Rodgers left ankle.

I sure hope that the NFL slams him and the Detroit Lions pay for his idiocy.

This morning the NFL Network Morning Show made light of this incident IMO.

hoosier
12-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Let him play. Of the three teams who could play Seattle, Detroit's got the best chance to knock them off.

I'd rather have Detroit at home again than Seattle on the road.

Detroit would not stand a chance against Seattle. I don't think any of the second-round candidates can beat Seattle there, but if there is one that stands a chance it is Carolina. They are also the most likely to get overlooked.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 08:53 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2014/12/28/7458909/aaron-rodgers-ndamukong-suh-ankle-step-packers-lions

Aaron Rodgers reacts to getting stepped on by Ndamukong Suh

By Louis Bien  @louisbien on Dec 28 2014, 9:27p 110

" Ndamukong Suh appeared to make another dirty play on Aaron Rodgers this Sunday. Everybody had opinions. "

pbmax
12-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Dallas has already beaten Seattle in Seattle. But since there is no way to get that game before the Packers face them, I hope the NFL screws this up and lets him play.

Of course, the best team to send to Seattle might be Carolina.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Dallas has already beaten Seattle in Seattle. But since there is no way to get that game before the Packers face them, I hope the NFL screws this up and lets him play.

Of course, the best team to send to Seattle might be Carolina.

I'm not getting the love for Carolina. They were road kill just a few weeks ago. So they beat up some other NFC South teams. Sure, any given Sunday and all that, hot hand, but I don't see it.

Detroit is a lot like the Rams, who have given the Seabirds fits. Ironical that the Rams rolled with Shawn Hill, who in the past played well for Detroit (among other teams). Detroit has a better offense than the Rams, and every bit as good a defense. (Donald doesn't step on people like Suh, but he gives the QB a nice forearm shiver after he's tackled).

The key will always be the QB. Stafford, with his miserable mechanics, on the road, against good teams or Cam Newton, Mr. inconsistency. If the Cards get there, maybe they go single wing, cuz they ain't got a QB. Seattle will be hosting the NFCC game.

LP
12-29-2014, 09:16 AM
The NFL could put a stop to this if they really wanted to. That said, where is Jim Caldwell in all this? Supposedly a decent human being and a very good coach. I think he bears a bit of responsibility here. Three incidents in two games tells me he's not quite in control or not quite the guy we're told he is.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm not getting the love for Carolina. They were road kill just a few weeks ago. So they beat up some other NFC South teams. Sure, any given Sunday and all that, hot hand, but I don't see it.

Detroit is a lot like the Rams, who have given the Seabirds fits. Ironical that the Rams rolled with Shawn Hill, who in the past played well for Detroit (among other teams). Detroit has a better offense than the Rams, and every bit as good a defense. (Donald doesn't step on people like Suh, but he gives the QB a nice forearm shiver after he's tackled).

The key will always be the QB. Stafford, with his miserable mechanics, on the road, against good teams or Cam Newton, Mr. inconsistency. If the Cards get there, maybe they go single wing, cuz they ain't got a QB. Seattle will be hosting the NFCC game.

I can see Detroit giving the Seahawks fits, but it seems the less likely outcome. I can see Carolina beating Arizona more readily.

Carolina has their RB healthy (Stewart I think) and their Defense, which was inexplicably bad, has been trending up. Its just a guess though. I would rather Carolina get a shot than another bad QB facing the Seahawks.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 09:21 AM
The NFL could put a stop to this if they really wanted to. That said, where is Jim Caldwell in all this? Supposedly a decent human being and a very good coach. I think he bears a bit of responsibility here. Three incidents in two games tells me he's not quite in control or not quite the guy we're told he is.

He claimed he didn't see it but he believes it was unintentional.

Maxie the Taxi
12-29-2014, 09:22 AM

I read a post game comment by Caldwell in which he excused Riola and Suh incidents as unintentional. Maybe he's not a good guy.

ThunderDan
12-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Do you really think any new coach could clean up that team after years of being coached by Schwartz?

hoosier
12-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Great question. It tuns out Caldwell has insider knowledge that the stomp was unintentional. Much ado about nothing.

"I didn't see it and I don't think it was intentional, either," Caldwell said.

If Caldwell didn't see it, how does he know it wasn't intentional?

"I get briefed on it and guys look at it and tell me what they saw and what they thought," Caldwell said. "Don't think it's intentional, end of story."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/12/28/ndamukong-suh-aaron-rodgers-stomp/20983723/

I have no idea what kind of person Caldwell is, but it's pretty clear that he hasn't been able to transform the culture completely over there. But he's only been there for one year, and they have been doing what they do for a lot longer than that. Maybe if the Lions start winning with more regularity then the players will figure out that their own team suffers when they do that kind of crap.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 09:24 AM
I read a post game comment by Caldwell in which he excused Riola and Suh incidents as unintentional. Maybe he's not a good guy.

what choice does he have? He needs those guys to win games.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Caldwell was 'briefed' by Suh. Maybe Suh gave him a wedgie.

LP
12-29-2014, 09:30 AM
He claimed he didn't see it but he believes it was unintentional.

I'm sure. He can see the replay's. This still says he's not in full control of his team if these players get away with it. Or he's not the guy we're told he is if he is trying to weasel out with that excuse. I think the ghost of the Schwantz hasn't been fully exorcised yet.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 09:33 AM
I will give Caldwell credit for the Lions season. He kept a lid on the worst stuff and still got a good performance from their D. They aren't clean, but it wasn't the Schwartz tire fire either.

ThunderDan
12-29-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm sure. He can see the replay's. This still says he's not in full control of his team if these players get away with it. Or he's not the guy we're told he is if he is trying to weasel out with that excuse. I think the ghost of the Schwantz hasn't been fully exorcised yet.

No doubt!

Fosco33
12-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Given his (and his team's) history - I see a suspension as possible. If it was first time - no biggie.

My gut says they'll fine him and let 'em play. And frankly, I'd rather have Suh in there vs. Cowboys so we can get Zona/Carolina instead.

LP
12-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Great question. It tuns out Caldwell has insider knowledge that the stomp was unintentional. Much ado about nothing.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/12/28/ndamukong-suh-aaron-rodgers-stomp/20983723/

I have no idea what kind of person Caldwell is, but it's pretty clear that he hasn't been able to transform the culture completely over there. But he's only been there for one year, and they have been doing what they do for a lot longer than that. Maybe if the Lions start winning with more regularity then the players will figure out that their own team suffers when they do that kind of crap.

I can imagine that "briefing" going something like this: "Coach, I did not go out on the field with any intentions of doing a cheap shot on anyone. But the opportunity arose and it was just too good to pass up!"

Packers4Glory
12-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Suh's history dicates this should be a suspension. Is it a big bad stomp which is the biggest argument I see people making against suspension? no. But the intent was there. once he realized where he was he decided to take a subtle shot at knocking or further damaging Rodgers. The NFL can not excuse that but they probably will let it go since he didn't go full Suh on his leg.

King Friday
12-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Detroit would not stand a chance against Seattle. I don't think any of the second-round candidates can beat Seattle there, but if there is one that stands a chance it is Carolina. They are also the most likely to get overlooked.

Playing with house money is always a threat. Carolina has NOTHING to lose...and they will no doubt be playing like it.

Matt Stafford has NEVER...NEVER...beat a winning team on the road. What makes anyone think he's going into Seattle and getting a win?

Suh is a dirty player, but the NFL has never seemed to get out in front of extinguishing dirty play. He'll get yet another slap on the wrist and a polite "Please don't do that again".

Carolina_Packer
12-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Maybe? ... this man is simply moronically unaware...or simply stupid.

I'll be surprized if the NFL punishes SUH. Something like 'not guilty due to some mental condition'.

I wouldn't be surprised. There is documented history: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/11/report-lions-dt-ndamukong-suh-apologized-to-roger-goodell/1#.VKF-m-ceA In November 2011, he went to NYC to meet with Goodell in person and then later that month stomped on EDS's arm. He may be getting more sneaky and less flagrant in his approach, but the intent is still there. Again, when a guy backs up and feels something impeding his steps, unless he is being pushed in a pile or engaged with a blocker (which he clearly wasn't), he knows there is a player on the ground. To take that second step backwards is no accident, even if he acted oblivious, which I think he did knowingly. Send a message and sit him.

Patler
12-29-2014, 10:31 AM

Or, he is the kind of guy who tries to diffuse an issue with the press. We don't know what he is saying or doing directly with the players involved.

pbmax
12-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Or, he is the kind of guy who tries to diffuse an issue with the press. We don't know what he is saying or doing directly with the players involved.

Agree with this. While running side by side with the video makes Caldwell look very out of touch or even complicit, I wouldn't want my coach to condemn something he had not seen without taking a day to take stock. No need to concede anything immediately.

Maxie the Taxi
12-29-2014, 11:06 AM

The two are not mutually exclusive. If he was diffusing, he might still be a bad guy. He's lost any respect I might have had for him.

From ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12090391/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers-unhappy-ndamukong-suh-footwork):

Suh did not speak to reporters after the game, but Lions coach Jim Caldwell said he did not think it was intentional. There was no penalty on the play.

"I get briefed on it," Caldwell said. "Guys look at it and tell me what they saw, what they thought."

Last week, Lions center Dominic Raiola (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2598/dominic-raiola) was suspended one game for stomping on the ankle of Chicago Bears (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/chi/chicago-bears) defensive tackle Ego Ferguson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16778/ego-ferguson) last Sunday. In 2011, Suh was suspended two games after he stomped on Packers center Evan Dietrich-Smith (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12972/evan-dietrich-smith).

Caldwell said after last week's game that he believed Raiola's stomp was unintentional.

Raiola's stomp was obviously intentional, at least it seemed so to the players, the league and me. Judge for yourself. Linked article has video.

From NFL.com: (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448129/article/dominic-raiola-suspended-one-game-following-stomp)

Ferguson didn't seem to put too much into Raiola's apology.

"None of that matters," Ferguson said. "We all saw the play. You can't take back what happened with that play. That's the end of that."
Brandon Marshall (http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonmarshall/2495893/profile) also chimed in.

"He should be banned from the NFL (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-brandon-marshall-dominic-raiola-20141222-story.html)," the star receiver said, via the Chicago Tribune. " ... This guy is a dirty player, and he's a worse human being."

And lest we forget this is the same Dominic Raiola (http://www.nfl.com/player/dominicraiola/2504694/profile) who cruelly taunted members (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258507/article/dominic-raiola-accused-of-insulting-marching-band) of the Wisconsin Marching Band before a game at Lambeau Field last year. Other than that, he seems cool.

I suppose Caldwell could be chastising his players in private while lying for them in public. But I guess I don't understand how that adds up to being a good guy.

red
12-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Let's not forget that the two step j st so happened to be on th same leg and in the same area that was clearly already I injured.

Coincidence?

Doubt it

Freak Out
12-29-2014, 12:55 PM
It's laughable to say it wasn't intentional. Donkey Stain knew where Rodgers was, and new when he was standing on him. Caldwell can defend him anyway he wants but when his best players get kicked out of games it hurts the team...not just the player.

Patler
12-29-2014, 01:00 PM
The two are not mutually exclusive. If he was diffusing, he might still be a bad guy. He's lost any respect I might have had for him.

From ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12090391/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers-unhappy-ndamukong-suh-footwork):

Raiola's stomp was obviously intentional, at least it seemed so to the players, the league and me. Judge for yourself. Linked article has video.

From NFL.com: (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448129/article/dominic-raiola-suspended-one-game-following-stomp)

I suppose Caldwell could be chastising his players in private while lying for them in public. But I guess I don't understand how that adds up to being a good guy.

My point was that I can understand a perceived need to downplay the situation in front of the press for the good of the team, while at the same time taking a very different stance with the player himself. We see only half of it, so I will not judge Caldwell's tolerance or intolerance of it based on just half of the picture.

I don't know if Caldwell is a good guy or not, and I don't know if we can determine it from two casual comments to the press. I understood your original comment to suggest that these two comments indicate he is not a good guy. I think they indicate little of anything about his "goodguyness". You admit the two are not mutually exclusive, yet you seem to make a conclusion from it, so I am a bit confused how to respond. We might agree, or disagree, but I'm not sure which!

BZnDallas
12-29-2014, 01:48 PM
SUH Suspended... damn, hoped he'd play vs Dallas, but happy this trash got punished...

Bossman641
12-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Well I'd rather Detroit wins but I don't see it happening now. Time to get ready for Dallas

BZnDallas
12-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Agreed. Two weeks to prepare for Dallas should be nice. Besides, we only need a week to prep for Car/Az anyway, in that event, hahaha.

King Friday
12-29-2014, 01:54 PM
I can agree that we can't come to a complete conclusion on Caldwell from this. However, I don't think it speaks well for him when it comes time to make a complete conclusion.

There is no need for a coach to excuse dirty play by one of his players in front of the media. This wasn't a bang-bang play where there was helmet to helmet contact or something like that. The fact that this came ONE WEEK AFTER HE HAD A FUCKING PLAYER GET SUSPENDED FOR THE SAME DAMN THING is what is most damning. I can understand that Caldwell isn't interested in having his best defensive player suspended for a playoff game. However, he can make a statement saying "it is up to the league" or something like that instead of basically trying to claim Suh's act was not intentional.

We all know it was intentional. The league WILL suspend him, because of the history he has and the incident the week before on the same team. Caldwell's comments weren't going to sway the league one way or the other...so why go out of your way to look like a moron and claim it was unintentional? If anything, looking like you are oblivious to dirty play is only going to make the league MORE QUICK to step in and do the police work...because someone has to.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 02:02 PM
I just learned this on the NFL Network:

Ndamukong Suh does receive a one game suspension for what was considered an intentional act to injure Aaron Rodgers.

The NFL says that Suh's act put Aaron Rodgers at unnecessary risk to injury.

and I'll add this as concerns the question on this act by SUH.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-ndamukong-suh-step-on-aaron-rodgers-twice-on-purpose-002410086.html

Comment woodbuck27:

I'll add this one game hardly covers it in terms of the manner in which Ndamukong Suh acted after one and then two contacts with Aaron Rodgers ankle. That is what's disgusting ! Ndamukong Suh reacted like some kind of psych in this incident and for an NFL that's all about safety and players this decision is a baby slap.

If I was deciding on this he'd be suspended for the rest of this year and half way into the schedule in the 2015 Season.

So ...... Ndamukong Suh is out Vs the Dallas Cowboys.

In other news SEE the MVP thread.......

King Friday
12-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Agree with this. While running side by side with the video makes Caldwell look very out of touch or even complicit, I wouldn't want my coach to condemn something he had not seen without taking a day to take stock. No need to concede anything immediately.

I agree...but there is also no need for the coach to openly claim he believes it wasn't intentional either. Caldwell did...and only 1 week after the suspension of another gy on his roster for the same thing. It does not look good at all.

Say "I did not see it happen. I'm sure the league will review it." There. Done. Easy.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 02:06 PM
If anything, looking like you are oblivious to dirty play is only going to make the league MORE QUICK to step in and do the police work...because someone has to.

makes sense. Talking in the subjunctive and saying things like "I was briefed on the details of the incident" sounds like an out-of-touch bureaucrat a continent away, not a coach watching from the sidelines.

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Bump.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Bump.

Bump

Maxie the Taxi
12-29-2014, 02:30 PM
I can agree that we can't come to a complete conclusion on Caldwell from this. However, I don't think it speaks well for him when it comes time to make a complete conclusion.

There is no need for a coach to excuse dirty play by one of his players in front of the media. This wasn't a bang-bang play where there was helmet to helmet contact or something like that. The fact that this came ONE WEEK AFTER HE HAD A FUCKING PLAYER GET SUSPENDED FOR THE SAME DAMN THING is what is most damning. I can understand that Caldwell isn't interested in having his best defensive player suspended for a playoff game. However, he can make a statement saying "it is up to the league" or something like that instead of basically trying to claim Suh's act was not intentional.

We all know it was intentional. The league WILL suspend him, because of the history he has and the incident the week before on the same team. Caldwell's comments weren't going to sway the league one way or the other...so why go out of your way to look like a moron and claim it was unintentional? If anything, looking like you are oblivious to dirty play is only going to make the league MORE QUICK to step in and do the police work...because someone has to.

What he said.

Defending bums in the court of public opinion with blatant lies does not serve as therapy for the bums. It only serves to make a bum out of the defender. Riaola and Suh are bums. So is Caldwell.

Cheesehead Craig
12-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Bump.

Bump

Bump.
Yeah... Can't touch this.

http://static.gigwise.com/gallery/4509038_mc.jpg

hoosier
12-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Riaola and Suh are bums. So is Caldwell.

BumPs

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2014, 02:46 PM
NFL did right thing.

I was listening to Stephen A. Smith try and play lawyer for Suh: "I think it was intentional. But I'm not completely sure, and since it is a playoff game, you have to go with a fine."

After watching that video again, it's too much of a stretch to believe that Suh wasn't doin the nasty.

I wish he was playing agains Dallas, but you got to drive the dirty shit out of league.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 02:47 PM
BumPs

BumPhillips

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 02:50 PM
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/12/29/ndamukong-suh-suspension/21004933/

Defensive tackle stepped on Aaron Rodgers during Sunday's loss in Green Bay; Suh likely to appeal ban

Teamcheez1
12-29-2014, 02:58 PM
I'd rather see Suh play this week. I want him to unleash pain on Romo and Murray. This suspension only helps Seattle and Dallas.

Tyrion Lannister
12-29-2014, 03:03 PM
What he said.

Defending bums in the court of public opinion with blatant lies does not serve as therapy for the bums. It only serves to make a bum out of the defender. Riaola and Suh are bums. So is Caldwell.

Remember when Charles Martin body slammed future Packer Super Bowl-winning QB Jim McMahon? Holy fuck, McMahon's head hit the stone cold Astro Turf with Deep Impact force. No wonder he's experiencing memory problems today.

Forest Gregg was like, Big fucking deal...This is the NFL, and men play in the NFL, not little girls.

Caldwell had to defend his players, at least publicly, or risk losing the locker room.

Sure, some coaches like to pull a player by the facemask and chew him out on national TV, but that ain't Caldwell's style. He graduated from the Dungy-Jauron School of Stoicism.

No, I don't think Caldwell is a bum.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Remember when Charles Martin body slammed future Packer Super Bowl-winning QB Jim McMahon? Holy fuck, McMahon's head hit the stone cold Astro Turf with Deep Impact force. No wonder he's experiencing memory problems today.

McMahon mostly landed on his shoulder. Forrest Gregg was at the game yesterday. Caldwell and Suh were just trying to measure up to the "Finest football player" Lombardi ever coached, who later, as a coach, sent Martin after McMahon. A fine legacy indeed.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Sure, some coaches like to pull a player by the facemask and chew him out on national TV

where is old Billy Schroeder from Sheboygan?

Tyrion Lannister
12-29-2014, 03:18 PM
McMahon mostly landed on his shoulder. Forrest Gregg was at the game yesterday. Caldwell and Suh were just trying to measure up to the "Finest football player" Lombardi ever coached, who later, as a coach, sent Martin after McMahon. A fine legacy indeed.

Terrible angles but it sure looks like McMahon's head hit the Astro Turf with Deep Impact force. I would bet no Pack fans back then called for Martin's suspension...Oh, the hypocrisy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wilIF30NLRU

Cheesehead Craig
12-29-2014, 03:21 PM
I find the graphics to be far more offensive.

Tyrion Lannister
12-29-2014, 03:23 PM
where is old Billy Schroeder from Sheboygan?

Billy was a sleeping giant prior to that little incident. It ignited in the fire in him and, afterward, he became Randy Moss before anyone had ever heard of Randy Moss.

hoosier
12-29-2014, 03:27 PM
BumPs

BumPhillips...

...gave TT his first shot in the profession. Thanks, BumP!

woodbuck27
12-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Terrible angles but it sure looks like McMahon's head hit the Astro Turf with Deep Impact force. I would bet no Pack fans back then called for Martin's suspension...Oh, the hypocrisy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wilIF30NLRU

Have they ever made huge advances in replay video.

Oh that late hit by the Packers Martin on Bears QB Jim McMahon was 1 - 2 ... about 3 Seconds late. A flagrant foul.

Martin took him down like he despised Jim McMahon.

Tyrion Lannister
12-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Have they ever made huge advances in replay video.

Oh that late hit by the Packers Martin on Bears QB Jim McMahon was 1 - 2 ... about 3 Seconds late. A flagrant foul.

Martin took him down like he despised Jim McMahon.

I didn't became a die-hard Pack fan til September 20, 1992, but I've heard many stories about the Packers-Bears rivalry of the 70's and 80's.

It was fierce, they said. Since the Packers sucked back then, playing the Bears wasn't just not any other game, it was the Packers' Super Bowl.

Martin probably woulda gotten at least 4 games in suspensions for that body slam today.

ThunderDan
12-29-2014, 03:48 PM

Forest Gregg was like, Big fucking deal...This is the NFL, and men play in the NFL, not little girls.

It was bush league then and bush league now.

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Suh is appealing, but he doesn't have a leg to stand on

RashanGary
12-29-2014, 04:28 PM
So glad he got suspended for a playoff game!!! That is the perfect sanction!!

hoosier
12-29-2014, 04:28 PM
I find the graphics to be far more offensive.

Breakout!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Breakout2600.png

Joemailman
12-29-2014, 05:24 PM

What is it about Suh that you find appealing?

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 06:54 PM

There were a lot of people who were both happy McMahon got popped, but angry it was a late hit. That hit is credited with injuring McMahon's shoulder and eventually ending his career. I don't doubt he hit his head too, but there was nothing much there to damage.

Guiness
12-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Good Lord I'm sure there's a reason you would respond, but I can't fanthom what that would be.

Of course, I occasionally miss Bigguns, so what can ya say?

Guiness
12-29-2014, 08:43 PM
To be honest, a longer suspension would not have surprised me. Aren't they susposed to escalate the suspensions? If it was his 2nd or 3rd drug offense, he's be a season at least. Multiple player safety violations? Game at a time...

hoosier
12-29-2014, 08:47 PM

Suh is unappealing. No, he is downright appalling.

hoosier
12-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Rats, filthy mailman stole my line.

Patler
12-29-2014, 09:33 PM

I think you misunderstood me (my wording is a bit ambiguous). I doubt Caldwell had any thoughts of swaying the league decision. Nothing he said would do that, regardless. They were going to decide based on what tapes showed them, not what anyone had to say about it (other than maybe the game officials). I think he was trying to diffuse the media. Hoping for them to take his response and go on to something else.

It may have been better to beg off saying he didn't see it, and that the league would investigate so it was inappropriate to comment, but the coaches go into these post game press conferences with no time to prepare and a lot of things on their minds. It is not the worst thing in the world for a coach to have a default mode of defending his players. We've seen MM do it at times, although not for anything like this.

I simply don't attach a lot of significance to what coaches say just a few minutes after walking off the field.

Pugger
12-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Good video of this incident Vince clearly showing SUH's intent to injure Aaron Rodgers. It's the second contact (with his left foot) that nails the fucker. He clearly puts some of his weight on that foot to Rodgers left ankle.

I sure hope that the NFL slams him and the Detroit Lions pay for his idiocy.

This morning the NFL Network Morning Show made light of this incident IMO.

Earlier tonight on the NFLN Sapp of all people surprised the hell out of me by calling what Suh did unacceptable! :shock:

mraynrand
12-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Good Lord I'm sure there's a reason you would respond, but I can't fanthom what that would be.

Of course, I occasionally miss Bigguns, so what can ya say?

Huh? If you lived through the 80s you know Gregg hated the Bears and sent guys out to injure/take cheap shots. It's a blemish on the guy's career (not to mention the house cleaning in '86, some of which was unnecessary). But the old football coach had a permanent burr up his keister. 8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8, "You saw it"

Fritz
12-30-2014, 07:44 AM
I just learned this on the NFL Network:

Ndamukong Suh does receive a one game suspension for what was considered an intentional act to injure Aaron Rodgers.

The NFL says that Suh's act put Aaron Rodgers at unnecessary risk to injury.

and I'll add this as concerns the question on this act by SUH.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-ndamukong-suh-step-on-aaron-rodgers-twice-on-purpose-002410086.html

Comment woodbuck27:

I'll add this one game hardly covers it in terms of the manner in which Ndamukong Suh acted after one and then two contacts with Aaron Rodgers ankle. That is what's disgusting ! Ndamukong Suh reacted like some kind of psych in this incident and for an NFL that's all about safety and players this decision is a baby slap.

If I was deciding on this he'd be suspended for the rest of this year and half way into the schedule in the 2015 Season.

So ...... Ndamukong Suh is out Vs the Dallas Cowboys.

In other news SEE the MVP thread.......

You are correct. Suh is going to appeal the suspension, but he'd like a decision right away so he asked the NFL to step on it.

QBME
12-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Huh? If you lived through the 80s you know Gregg hated the Bears and sent guys out to injure/take cheap shots. It's a blemish on the guy's career (not to mention the house cleaning in '86, some of which was unnecessary). But the old football coach had a permanent burr up his keister. 8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8,8-8, "You saw it"

I think the Martin slam game was the same game that Ken Stills had a towel with 3 or 4 Bears players numbers written on it - a regular bounty list. Wierd times.

Guiness
12-30-2014, 08:59 AM

Wasn't talking about the McMahon/Martin at all, I was referring to the feeding of the troll.

Fritz
12-30-2014, 09:02 AM
How did Forrest Greg the coach ever get Cincinnati to a SB?

He was a lousy coach in GB. Dark times back then. Trying to conjure up the Lombardi mojo through the medium of Starr/Gregg was a recipe for many bleh years.

Guiness
12-30-2014, 09:03 AM
To be honest, a longer suspension would not have surprised me. Aren't they supposed to escalate the suspensions? If it was his 2nd or 3rd drug offense, he's be a season at least. Multiple player safety violations? Game at a time...

Anyone know anything about this? The league is supposed to have a policy of increasing punishment for safety violations. I'm pretty sure James Harrison's fines went up each time. How come Suh got the same penalty for committing essentially the same violation three times?

hoosier
12-30-2014, 09:10 AM

He was a lousy coach in GB. Dark times back then. Trying to conjure up the Lombardi mojo through the medium of Starr/Gregg was a recipe for many bleh years.

Gregg hired Hank Bullough as his DC along with his young student Dick LeBeau as assistant, and Lindy Infante as OC. Bruce Coslet was the ST coach. That is a pretty good staff.

And then Paul Brown hit the jackpot a couple of times in the draft with Anthony Muñoz, Max Montoya and Chris Collinsworth. And Kenny Anderson had that career year at QB.

mraynrand
12-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Wasn't talking about the McMahon/Martin at all, I was referring to the feeding of the troll.

I know you were. But I wasn't feeding the troll. I was responding to the truth of Gregg being a rotten coach, who tarnished his reputation as a player by encouraging thug behaviour.

Carolina_Packer
12-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Anyone know anything about this? The league is supposed to have a policy of increasing punishment for safety violations. I'm pretty sure James Harrison's fines went up each time. How come Suh got the same penalty for committing essentially the same violation three times?

"And a closer look at the NFL’s official statement on Suh’s suspension indicates that Cottrell will consider only the incident on Sunday, when Suh stepped on Aaron Rodgers’s leg, and not any other previous incidents, when determining whether to uphold or overturn the suspension. The league’s statement said nothing at all about Suh’s prior bad acts and focused only on the specific incident with Rodgers." quoted from http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/29/ndamukong-suh-has-a-chance-of-winning-appeal-of-suspension/

I just hope that the NFL and Ted Cottrell will finally put their foot down.

woodbuck27
12-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Earlier tonight on the NFLN Sapp of all people surprised the hell out of me by calling what Suh did unacceptable! :shock:

Sapp gets it right sometimes. :-)

Guiness
12-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Gregg hired Hank Bullough as his DC along with his young student Dick LeBeau as assistant, and Lindy Infante as OC. Bruce Coslet was the ST coach. That is a pretty good staff.

And then Paul Brown hit the jackpot a couple of times in the draft with Anthony Muñoz, Max Montoya and Chris Collinsworth. And Kenny Anderson had that career year at QB.

Don't forget Wi's own Tim Krumrie, who was winding down a career sporting a steel rod in his leg that he earned in the Bengal's previous SB appearance.

hoosier
12-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Don't forget Wi's own Tim Krumrie, who was winding down a career sporting a steel rod in his leg that he earned in the Bengal's previous SB appearance.

Krumrie came later, I think he was drafted the year after the Bengals first SB. Gregg stepped down a year or so later, and Sam Wyche was the coach when Krumrie had his horrible SB injury. I don't think he played in a second SB after that.

deake
12-30-2014, 10:11 AM
I see where Mike Pereira disagrees with the suspension. Has anyone heard why he thinks that way? Does he think it was to stiff a penalty?

Harlan Huckleby
12-30-2014, 10:23 AM
I see where Mike Pereira disagrees with the suspension. Has anyone heard why he thinks that way? Does he think it was to stiff a penalty?

He reacted very quickly that the incident was an accident. Now his pride won't let him reconsider.

When I saw the incident the first time, I thought it was possible that it was an accident.

Guiness
12-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Krumrie came later, I think he was drafted the year after the Bengals first SB. Gregg stepped down a year or so later, and Sam Wyche was the coach when Krumrie had his horrible SB injury. I don't think he played in a second SB after that.

Oops, got them flipped, you're right, the Wyche SB appearance was post-Gregg, I thought it was the other way around.

pbmax
12-30-2014, 10:45 AM

Ken Anderson.

pbmax
12-30-2014, 10:46 AM
"And a closer look at the NFL’s official statement on Suh’s suspension indicates that Cottrell will consider only the incident on Sunday, when Suh stepped on Aaron Rodgers’s leg, and not any other previous incidents, when determining whether to uphold or overturn the suspension. The league’s statement said nothing at all about Suh’s prior bad acts and focused only on the specific incident with Rodgers." quoted from http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/29/ndamukong-suh-has-a-chance-of-winning-appeal-of-suspension/

I just hope that the NFL and Ted Cottrell will finally put their foot down.

Another example of Roger saying one thing and doing another.

woodbuck27
12-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Maybe? Mr. SUH was trying to help ensure that damage to 'You' Mr. Rodgers. Arm or wrist or ankle. Mr. SUH was unaware of what part of you he was pressing into the turf.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451924/article/aaron-rodgers-i-initially-thought-i-popped-my-achilles

Aaron Rodgers: I initially thought I popped my Achilles

By Dan Hanzus ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Dec. 30, 2014 at 03:40 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 30, 2014 at 04:34 p.m.

Guiness
12-30-2014, 04:26 PM
And Suh wins his appeal.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/ndamukong-suh-wins-appeal-will-play-vs-cowboys/

woodbuck27
12-30-2014, 04:29 PM
And Suh wins his appeal.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/ndamukong-suh-wins-appeal-will-play-vs-cowboys/

All the same he doesn't escape Scott Free ... Suh will be fined $70,000.

That would have helped pay for his lobotomy.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-30-2014, 04:30 PM
And Suh wins his appeal.

So is this good for us? If Dallas wins, they come to Green Bay, if Detroit wins, ???

woodbuck27
12-30-2014, 04:34 PM
So is this good for us? If Dallas wins, they come to Green Bay, if Detroit wins, ???

If the Lions (the NO. 6 Seed) defeat the Cowboys they next travel to NO. 1 Seed Seattle.

The Packers play host to:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Maxie the Taxi
12-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Seattle.

Maxie the Taxi
12-30-2014, 04:37 PM
We get either Carolina or Arizona.

Tyrion Lannister
12-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Da Coach lost all respect for Gregg after that notorious Martin WWF play.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mike-Ditka-To-this-day-I-dont-respect-Forrest-Gregg.html

LP
12-30-2014, 05:05 PM
The NFL has spoken. It's okay to play dirty, as long as you have name recognition. Therefore I advocate that if Green Bay plays Detroit again this year, the offensive line should make a point of taking out Suh's knees and the defense should take out Megatron's and Taint's knees and or ankles. It' okay! The NFL says so!

Tyrion Lannister
12-30-2014, 05:13 PM
The NFL has spoken. It's okay to play dirty, as long as you have name recognition. Therefore I advocate that if Green Bay plays Detroit again this year, the offensive line should make a point of taking out Suh's knees and the defense should take out Megatron's and Taint's knees and or ankles. It' okay! The NFL says so!

O well, at least, he'll be in Dallas with Debbie. That's not good news for Romo and Murray.

Joemailman
12-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Tony Romo has a bad back. I think it's only fair that Suh deliberately step on Romo's back at some point during the game.

Bossman641
12-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I have no clue how suh won this appeal, but whatever. Also, what's he making this year, like 20 mil? He'll really feel the effect of that 70k fine :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
12-30-2014, 05:35 PM
What a black eye for the NFL

Tyrion Lannister
12-30-2014, 05:41 PM
I have no clue how suh won this appeal, but whatever. Also, what's he making this year, like 20 mil? He'll really feel the effect of that 70k fine :roll:

I read somewhere that when a player is fined, the money is added to a league-wide retirement or healthcare account.

A humble way to look at this injustice is (suspension shoulda been upheld), Suh is contributing a boatload of money to help out retired players and he gets a chance to cut Romo's head off. :)

MadtownPacker
12-30-2014, 05:43 PM
The NFL has spoken. It's okay to play dirty, as long as you have name recognition. Therefore I advocate that if Green Bay plays Detroit again this year, the offensive line should make a point of taking out Suh's knees and the defense should take out Megatron's and Taint's knees and or ankles. It' okay! The NFL says so!Yep, NFL full of shit for sure. M3 needs to send a backup in with a torpedo mission assignment to end suh's career. Then ARod and the O should make sure everyone know they will pay the fine.

Joemailman
12-30-2014, 05:57 PM

(Chad Clifton eye roll).

gbgary
12-30-2014, 06:05 PM
sapp should stfu. he's got no room to be critical of anyone dishing out cheapshots.

surprised suh got off with just a fine. oh well...he can tear romo's head off now.

Freak Out
12-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Ken Anderson.

From little Augustana College.

highlander
12-30-2014, 06:15 PM
OK I need some help understanding the NFL's Appeal Process. The NFL suspends Suh, and arbitrator comes in and overturns it. However gives him a $70,000 fine. So doesn't that make him guilty? If they didn't think he was wrong then don't suspend him or fine him. What a joke they said it was wrong by fining him a large amount. This guy will keep doing what he is doing, and if I am a O Lineman in this league I am going to start returning this style of play back to him. What a scum bag, and the NFL looks foolish.

Tyrion Lannister
12-30-2014, 06:22 PM
M3 needs to send a backup in with a torpedo mission assignment to end suh's career. Then ARod and the O should make sure everyone know they will pay the fine.

Looks like the perfect job for Brad Jones, although I think bounty has been illegal in the NFL since Bountygate.

Freak Out
12-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Is Jones smart enough to learn how to cut block?

Tyrion Lannister
12-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Is Jones smart enough to learn how to cut block?

He played TE in HS. :D

LP
12-30-2014, 07:10 PM
oh well...he can tear romo's head off now.

Anybody wonder why the NFL thinks this "punishment" is okay?

hoosier
12-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Apparently Suh was removed from the repeat offenders list because he managed to go 31 games without maiming anyone. So effective this past Sunday he no longer had a track record of thuggish behavior as far as the NFL is concerned.

mission
12-30-2014, 07:29 PM
I'd rather the Lions win so we can play the winner of Arizona / Carolina

gbgary
12-30-2014, 07:37 PM

wrong thread. :D

denverYooper
12-30-2014, 08:09 PM

I would like to see the Lions D at the same strength as they were against GB, for sure. If they beat up on the Cowboys, that's a bonus.

Pugger
12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Apparently Suh was removed from the repeat offenders list because he managed to go 31 games without maiming anyone. So effective this past Sunday he no longer had a track record of thuggish behavior as far as the NFL is concerned.

The statutes of limitation ran out? Good lord. I'd wager Suh was well aware of the time line.

highlander
12-30-2014, 08:53 PM
ahh I get it . If after 2 years you don't do no wrong you are innocent from that point forward. Now I get it . I now retract all bad feelings I had of this asshole. Suh wins NL loses

red
12-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Lol

What's fucking joke. Just because he hasn't been fined for 2 years for trying to end someone's, he's OK now.

As pft points out, sun could have and should have been fined\suspended once or twice this year, but for some reason wasn't

I guess murderers aren't murders, or rapists, rapists, after a certain amount of time either

woodbuck27
12-30-2014, 11:01 PM
OK I need some help understanding the NFL's Appeal Process. The NFL suspends Suh, and arbitrator comes in and overturns it. However gives him a $70,000 fine. So doesn't that make him guilty? If they didn't think he was wrong then don't suspend him or fine him. What a joke they said it was wrong by fining him a large amount. This guy will keep doing what he is doing, and if I am a O Lineman in this league I am going to start returning this style of play back to him. What a scum bag, and the NFL looks foolish.

It's very possible that the Detroit Organization covers part of... or the fine.

woodbuck27
12-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Lol

What's fucking joke. Just because he hasn't been fined for 2 years for trying to end someone's, he's OK now.

As pft points out, sun could have and should have been fined\suspended once or twice this year, but for some reason wasn't

I guess murderers aren't murders, or rapists, rapists, after a certain amount of time either

Ditto.

Jimx29
12-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Big 'Ole Crock Of Shit.
How does the 31 games 'crime-free' work out? Me ain't good at math stuff, but his history tells different.

Here's His Rap Sheet

2014: Suspended one game for stepping on the calf and ankle of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Reduced to fine on appeal.
https://vine.co/v/OwzXveU9teK
2013: Fined $7,875 for making a throat-slash gesture against Tampa Bay.
2013: Fined $31,500 for roughing the passer against the Brandon Weeden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR7FpvVFDKc
2013: Fined $100,000 for a low block against the Vikings.
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Suh-Takes-Out-Sullivans-Knee-Nullifies-TD/5ec4170f-c2e4-4717-b3cb-6d7a4092da5f
2012: Fined $30,000 for kicking Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN8mxyy7jZk
2011: Fined $165,294 and suspended two games without pay for stepping on Green Bay guard Evan Dietrich-Smith’s arm. Suh also pushed Dietrich-Smith’s helmet into the ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaojAiK-8JU
2011: Fined $20,000 for a roughing the passer call on quarterback Andy Dalton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tWBOWI8AfU
2010 Fined $15,000 for an unnecessary roughness call on quarterback Jay Cutler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6vxVVXWUM
2010 Fined $7,500 for a roughing the passer call on quarterback Jake Delhomme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_2uC42jsA

MadScientist
12-31-2014, 12:03 AM
Here's why Cottrell voided the suspension:

“Several of your representatives, including personnel from the Lions, argued that the impact of your suspension would have a devastating effect on you, your teammates and coaches, as well as Lions fans,” Cottrell wrote.

That is bullshit. Any suspension of a starter will have that effect on a team. This is precisely why he should be suspended for the playoff game. The fucker deserves to know he let his team down and every Detroit fan down by being a complete shit. Fines have proven useless. Suspend him. Failing that I hope he tries something in Dallas and the Dallas OL breaks his leg and while he is writhing in pain an OL stomps him in the nuts. The shit deserves no less. Oh and for his leg surgery, bring in that quack from KC.

pbmax
12-31-2014, 12:12 AM
Tony Romo has a bad back. I think it's only fair that Suh deliberately step on Romo's back at some point during the game.

The only thing better than this would be to step on Brady. or perhaps Jones and Kraft themselves.

Enforcement by PR continues apace. Roger has learned nothing.

pbmax
12-31-2014, 12:14 AM
I read somewhere that when a player is fined, the money is added to a league-wide retirement or healthcare account.

A humble way to look at this injustice is (suspension shoulda been upheld), Suh is contributing a boatload of money to help out retired players and he gets a chance to cut Romo's head off. :)

They used to go to the NFL's charity arm. That could have changed last CBA.

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 01:40 AM

That is bullshit. Any suspension of a starter will have that effect on a team. This is precisely why he should be suspended for the playoff game. The fucker deserves to know he let his team down and every Detroit fan down by being a complete shit. Fines have proven useless. Suspend him. Failing that I hope he tries something in Dallas and the Dallas OL breaks his leg and while he is writhing in pain an OL stomps him in the nuts. The shit deserves no less. Oh and for his leg surgery, bring in that quack from KC.

nice touch. Repped.

woodbuck27
12-31-2014, 05:50 AM
Big 'Ole Crock Of Shit.
How does the 31 games 'crime-free' work out? Me ain't good at math stuff, but his history tells different.

Here's His Rap Sheet

2014: Suspended one game for stepping on the calf and ankle of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Reduced to fine on appeal.
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Suh-Takes-Out-Sullivans-Knee-Nullifies-TD/5ec4170f-c2e4-4717-b3cb-6d7a4092da5f
2011: Fined $165,294 and suspended two games without pay for stepping on Green Bay guard Evan Dietrich-Smith’s arm. Suh also pushed Dietrich-Smith’s helmet into the ground.

Please excuse this diversion Packerrats:

Hey Jimx29:

Would you get another Pro Pickem' started up for the Post Season games!?

That will get people back to playing for something and that experience growing for members of Packerrats.

You know how to set it up and time is running out as it's now three days before the playoffs start.

Would you do that please? :-)

Patler
12-31-2014, 06:17 AM
A $70K fine might be meaningful to a young player on minimum salary. Its an aggravation to a veteran starter of average pay. It is almost meaningless to a highly paid player.

One of the goal of any punishment should be to discourage the transgressor from future similar acts. Does anyone think $70K means enough to Suh to encourage him to change his ways?

hoosier
12-31-2014, 07:20 AM
Several of your representatives, including personnel from the Lions, argued that the impact of your suspension would have a devastating effect on you, your teammates and coaches, as well as Lions fans...

That's pretty funny. I guess Raiola didn't make a convincing enough case that his feelings would be hurt by his one-game suspension. Either that or the league decided that back-to-back hurt feelings would be cruel and unusual.

Maxie the Taxi
12-31-2014, 07:29 AM
A $70K fine might be meaningful to a young player on minimum salary. Its an aggravation to a veteran starter of average pay. It is almost meaningless to a highly paid player.

One of the goal of any punishment should be to discourage the transgressor from future similar acts. Does anyone think $70K means enough to Suh to encourage him to change his ways?

It would be like fining The Babe a half dozen hot dogs.

woodbuck27
12-31-2014, 07:34 AM
That's pretty funny. I guess Raiola didn't make a convincing enough case that his feelings would be hurt by his one-game suspension. Either that or the league decided that back-to-back hurt feelings would be cruel and unusual.

Clearly the NFL screwed up (again) on this call of just a fine.

SUH deserved nothing less than a suspension for the remainder of this year.

I wanted to see that and the suspension to go into the 2015 schedule.

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Now I hope he does something stupid against Dallas, they lose anyway, and he gets suspended for 4 games as he goes into FA. Let that hang over his FA status.

woodbuck27
12-31-2014, 07:46 AM
Now I hope he does something stupid against Dallas, they lose anyway, and he gets suspended for 4 games as he goes into FA. Let that hang over his FA status.

Winner !

ThunderDan
12-31-2014, 07:56 AM

They were discussing that on Inside the NFL yesterday. Phil Simms said it wouldn't matter. Suh is a difference maker and his agent's phone will be ringing off the hook.

woodbuck27
12-31-2014, 08:00 AM
They were discussing that on Inside the NFL yesterday. Phil Simms said it wouldn't matter. Suh is a difference maker and his agent's phone will be ringing off the hook.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGm2R34EwS_iJjAd6aQE8-ufaXPv8BKQe_KtFZeYOw46FmKbtj

and....

He does the Monster Mash.

Teamcheez1
12-31-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm all for Suh playing at this point in time. It only helps the Packers if he can inflict punishment on another team.

Bossman641
12-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Big 'Ole Crock Of Shit.

Here's His Rap Sheet

The 32 game timeframe only applies to "player-safety" issues. The roughing fine against Weeden was rescinded, so that didn't count as a player-safety issue.

Bossman641
12-31-2014, 08:49 AM
Here's the official policy from the NFL

The rule, from the Player Policy Manual, reads:

"The repeat offender policy has been modified for 2014 in terms of what a player must do in order to be removed from the 'repeat offender' category. Specifically, any player who violates a safety-related rule will be considered a potential repeat offender and will be treated as such should he commit a further violation during a subsequent period of 32 consecutive games. After that period, the player will no longer be considered a potential repeat offender and will be subject to discipline as a first-time offender should he commit an additional violation. For the purposes of calculating the 32-game period, preseason, regular season, and post-season games will be counted; however, only two of the 32 games can be preseason games."

Suh was also notified back in week 1 that he'd be off the repeat offender list after week 16

Interestingly, the rule also provides that players are notified of their status by the first game of the regular season, so Suh knew he'd be off the repeat offender list after Week 16.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12099681/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-wins-appeal-play-playoff-game-vs-dallas-cowboys

Bossman641
12-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Apparently Suh's argument was that his feet were cold and he couldn't tell he was standing on Rodgers' leg...

LAME

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 08:57 AM
Apparently Suh's argument was that his feet were cold and he couldn't tell he was standing on Rodgers' leg...

LAME

yep. pathetic. I'm much more likely to believe he was frozen from the neck up than neck down (your entire body would have to be frozen to not know you were stepping on something)

He should be fined an extra 70K for a transparently inane excuse.

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Interestingly, the rule also provides that players are notified of their status by the first game of the regular season, so Suh knew he'd be off the repeat offender list after Week 16.

he was saving up for that final game!

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 09:01 AM

THE Brandon Weeden. Guessing Suh is gonna do everything he can to see THE Weeden again this weekend. Romo's head will be on a swivel.

Bossman641
12-31-2014, 09:21 AM

I can't even believe Cottrell tried to use that as an excuse. Isn't that the exact point of a suspension? To prove to a player that his actions have hurt the team and organization. That's like a judge/jury refusing to send a convict to jail on the basis that him being in jail would damage the family's ability to earn income.

Harlan Huckleby
12-31-2014, 10:25 AM

LAME

That sounds like a rumor, but I sure hope it is true. Such a story is the stuff of legends.

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 10:36 AM
That sounds like a rumor, but I sure hope it is true. Such a story is the stuff of legends.

it's not a rumor. It's referenced in the appeal letter.

Maxie the Taxi
12-31-2014, 10:57 AM

Maybe the janitor in Dallas can do his part and set the air conditioning to freezing inside AT&T Stadium?

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Maybe the janitor in Dallas can do his part and set the air conditioning to freezing inside AT&T Stadium?

MVP, MVP, MVP!!!

pbmax
12-31-2014, 11:30 AM
A Monday search of past NFL-issued punishment revealed no known incidences where the league suspended a player for a postseason game because of on-field rules violations.

Before last week's incident, Suh's last player-safety fine came in Week 1 of the 2013 season. He had another fine last season that would have put him in the repeat-violator class rescinded on appeal.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/12/30/detroit-lions-ndamukong-suh-suspension/21069831/

pbmax
12-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Now he is an idiot:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 38m38 minutes ago
#GlareGate RT @jkatzenstein Caldwell now blaming the "glare of the media" for Raiola and Suh incidents.

esoxx
12-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Now he is an idiot:

#GlareGate RT @jkatzenstein Caldwell now blaming the "glare of the media" for Raiola and Suh incidents.

Caldwell is shown to be a clueless jackass. He couldn't have handled this worse, from his post-game comments to now blaming the media.

I hope we have a '71 Dan Devine incident awaiting this douche come Sunday.

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 01:04 PM
I hope we have a '71 Dan Devine incident awaiting this douche come Sunday.

that dog won't hunt

esoxx
12-31-2014, 01:08 PM
that dog won't hunt

Was referencing the game where he got rolled up on the sideline and his leg snapped.

Joemailman
12-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Caldwell is shown to be a clueless jackass. He couldn't have handled this worse, from his post-game comments to now blaming the media.

This is almost starting to sound like a story The Onion would do:

"Caldwell Wants Television Cameras Banned From Showing Actions Of Players With Frozen Feet".

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Was referencing the game where he got rolled up on the sideline and his leg snapped.

that one isn't in my memory banks. I was 5 and out of state.

Still, to the point, it has to be an advantage to have a cheap shot artist on your team. The opposition really has no choice but to think in the back of their minds, "I better keep my eye on that guy at all times, because I don't know when he'll sucker (punch) me"

esoxx
12-31-2014, 01:37 PM
that one isn't in my memory banks. I was 5 and out of state.

Still, to the point, it has to be an advantage to have a cheap shot artist on your team. The opposition really has no choice but to think in the back of their minds, "I better keep my eye on that guy at all times, because I don't know when he'll sucker (punch) me"

Yeah, and how ironic is it they have one patrolling for action on offense in Raiola and one on defense in Suh.

Goon Squad.

Harlan Huckleby
12-31-2014, 01:42 PM
This whole story is surreal.

Most of the commentary I've seen/heard nationally is complete agreement that Suh was guilty, but relief that he'll get to play Sunday.

I can kinda agree that I'm glad Suh is playing to make the game more entertaining. But it's stinky to let him off the hook.

You've probably heard that Suh had to get through 32 games without incident to get the "clean slate" treatment, and last Sunday was game 33. More fodder for the strange story. The topper is that Suh's claim that he just got cold feet.

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 01:58 PM
You've probably heard that Suh had to get through 32 games without incident to get the "clean slate" treatment, and last Sunday was game 33. More fodder for the strange story. The topper is that Suh's claim that he just got cold feet.

By the time we get to halftime of the Sunday afternoon game, the "cold feet" theme will have been beaten to death and be a lame yuckity yuk joke on Fox halftime show with Howie, Jimmy, Terry, Mikey, Joey, Billy, Bobby, Huey, and Curt.

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Now he is an idiot:

Klieg lights! Vee vill make u stomp.

MadScientist
12-31-2014, 02:15 PM
That 32 game limit should 1) not include pre-season games, because starters don't play much, and the intensity is not there, and 2) not expire for after the play attempts to injure a player, like the EDS stomp and the Schaub kick to the nuts. I can understand the limit for things like a helmet to helmet hit during a play, where 32 games shows the player is almost certainly trying to correct his behavior, but occasionally things happen on the field. This Suh shit needs its own category.

pbmax
12-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Klieg lights! Vee vill make u stomp.

Overture, curtains, lights,
This is it, the night of nights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart

Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

Tonight what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

Read more: Soundtrack Artists - This Is It (bugs Bunny, Overture) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

MadtownPacker
12-31-2014, 02:30 PM
Anyone who is ok with Suh getting away with doing that shit to Rodgers regardless of how it might help the Pack's SB chances can go to hell with that cheap shot mfer!!

Fritz
12-31-2014, 03:14 PM
He's handling it as you'd expect - refusing to talk about it at all. Told the league his feet were numb and he didn't know he'd stepped on someone.

Yeah, right, dickbrain.

Harlan Huckleby
12-31-2014, 04:53 PM
Beautiful question from Suh press conference today:

Are you concerned you might not be able to feel your feet this week?

Joemailman
12-31-2014, 05:23 PM
Rumor is he was planning on answering all questions, but then he got cold feet.

Bretsky
12-31-2014, 05:45 PM
In bigger picture we should want the thug to play. Whoever plays the Carolina/AZ winner pretty much has a bye to the NFC title game

so best case or GB is to avoid Dallas. Detroit has a shot vs them.

Detroit upsets Dallas....they stand a better chance to win in Seattle than the other two and then we get a nice game to get to the NFC title

GO DETROIT !!!

Joemailman
12-31-2014, 05:49 PM
In bigger picture we should want the thug to play. Whoever plays the Carolina/AZ winner pretty much has a bye to the NFC title game

so best case or GB is to avoid Dallas. Detroit has a shot vs them.

Detroit upsets Dallas....they stand a better chance to win in Seattle than the other two and then we get a nice game to get to the NFC title

GO DETROIT !!!

You better look out for the Mad Mexican.

Anyone who is ok with Suh getting away with doing that shit to Rodgers regardless of how it might help the Pack's SB chances can go to hell with that cheap shot mfer!!

Bretsky
12-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Lets get our revenge on him in the NFC championship ! :)

gbgary
12-31-2014, 06:12 PM
his game check for this week will be $21k. he's paying the nfl to play.

Freak Out
12-31-2014, 08:11 PM
This is why Suh was so pissed at the end.
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-wymm/article-1/What-You-Mightve-Missed-Suh-was-getting-blocked/5e03b936-49f5-4afe-914b-070f94536692?adbid=10152857272905073&adbpl=fb&adbpr=71671905072&campaign=social_20141231_38101817

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Linsley has finished a number of blocks so well they've called holding on him. Stubby has challenged the O-line to man up, and have they responded.

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Beautiful question from Suh press conference today:

Are you concerned you might not be able to feel your feet this week?

http://www.youtube.com/v/S2XvxDaIwCw?version=3&start=48&end=52&autoplay=0&hl=en_US&rel=0
I can't feel my legs!!

denverYooper
12-31-2014, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/S2XvxDaIwCw?version=3&start=48&end=52&autoplay=0&hl=en_US&rel=0
I can't feel my legs!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRYmKQeIiNs

I have no legs.

KYPack
12-31-2014, 11:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRYmKQeIiNs

I have no legs.

I thought I was cold blooded.

That's some wicked shit, Yoop.

KYPack
12-31-2014, 11:25 PM
This is why Suh was so pissed at the end.
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-wymm/article-1/What-You-Mightve-Missed-Suh-was-getting-blocked/5e03b936-49f5-4afe-914b-070f94536692?adbid=10152857272905073&adbpl=fb&adbpr=71671905072&campaign=social_20141231_38101817

That's good stuff, Freak.

Engage, sustain, and finish baby.

Linsley almost had a perfect game, save the "drag snap".

That Mike Spofford does a great job on his video recaps.

Joemailman
01-01-2015, 12:54 AM
What a steal Linsley was. Best Packers 5th round pick since Kampman. Actually 5th round had been a wasteland for TT until the last couple of years. Hyde in 2013 and Linsley in 2014.

Pugger
01-01-2015, 09:14 AM
That 32 game limit should 1) not include pre-season games, because starters don't play much, and the intensity is not there, and 2) not expire for after the play attempts to injure a player, like the EDS stomp and the Schaub kick to the nuts. I can understand the limit for things like a helmet to helmet hit during a play, where 32 games shows the player is almost certainly trying to correct his behavior, but occasionally things happen on the field. This Suh shit needs its own category.

Absolutely.

pbmax
01-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Tom Oates ‏@TomOatesWSJ 1h1 hour ago
It's official: #Lions have now won more appeals than NFL championships in the last 57 years.

:D

Fritz
01-01-2015, 03:40 PM
That's some funny shit right there.

Lions' fans think Dallas will be tougher than GB. They say Murray is a better RB than Lacey, and Dallas's offensive line is far better than GB's. They think the only chance is that they're playing on the same surface they have at Ford Field, and if Stafford has a career day.

mraynrand
01-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Lions' fans think Dallas will be tougher than GB.

Maybe so, but even if they really think this, it's a loss just the same.

pbmax
01-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Maybe so, but even if they really think this, it's a loss just the same.

Yeah, why root to spite your chances? They would feel at home here reading about the unbeatable Seachickens.

Maxie the Taxi
01-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Yeah, why root to spite your chances? They would feel at home here reading about the unbeatable Seachickens.

It's human nature, buffering your pride. You build up the enemy so a possible defeat is easier to take.

pbmax
01-01-2015, 07:31 PM
It's human nature, buffering your pride. You build up the enemy so a possible defeat is easier to take.

It did work for Lou Holtz.

"Those players at the Our Lady's Shroud of Eternal Suffering have really improved since their early season loss to the middle school kids."

Guiness
01-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Florio certainly has an axe to grind regarding 'commissioners special exempt list' which seems to amount to Double Secret Probation. Well, Cottrell's decision about Suh, and the statement released:

Several of your representatives, including personnel from the Lions, argued that the impact of your suspension would have a devastating effect on you, your teammates and coaches, as well as Lions fans,” hearing officer Ted Cottrell wrote."

certainly underscores his beliefs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/31/suh-decision-underscores-inherent-unfairness-of-paid-leave/

woodbuck27
01-06-2015, 12:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/04/emotional-suh-knows-its-over-in-detroit/

Emotional Suh knows it’s over in Detroit

Posted by Mike Florio on January 4, 2015, 8:26 PM EST

mraynrand
01-06-2015, 03:26 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/04/emotional-suh-knows-its-over-in-detroit/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCM7dViMX8Y

vince
01-06-2015, 06:04 PM

Love some of the comments:

Tears of joy

Maybe he was crying because his feet were numb.

Awww poor baby. Maybe go step on someone…you’ll feel better.

He was going to answer the last question, but he got...cold feet