PDA

View Full Version : Official Playoff Bye Week Discussion and Bacchanalia

pbmax
12-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 30m30 minutes ago
McCarthy: We had the players in this morning. They'll be off Tues, Weds, Thurs. Will work Friday. #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 30m30 minutes ago
Reaction on Suh suspension: I gave my opinion last night. He's seen the play. "I gave my opinion last night."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 31m31 minutes ago
Was this week's schedule adjusted for Rodgers? Schedule is done for best interest of team he says with a smile.

YOU BETCHA!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29m29 minutes ago
Prep for possible opponents? Will prepare for all three possibilities. Game plan meetings will start on Sunday night.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 29m29 minutes ago
McCarthy: "You have to prepare for all three teams. ... We'll go right into a game-plan meeting Sunday night."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29m29 minutes ago
Bye doesn't guarantee success. "There's no guarantees in the game of football." Fundamentals will be focus of this week's practices.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m28 minutes ago
Coaches doing self-scout today and tomorrow.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 35m35 minutes ago
McCarthy on the defense: "We've hit the target on using everybody."

HE REALLY DOESN'T DO MUCH MISDIRECTION IN THE OFFSEASON, DOES HE?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 34m34 minutes ago
Defense has played "exceptional" football since bye, other than the second half of ATL which is "blip" on the screen.

SUBSTITUTE HEART ATTACK FOR 'BLIP'

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 33m33 minutes ago
McCarthy on running vs Detroit: "Our identity on offense has been to run it and throw it."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 32m32 minutes ago
Nelson growth this season: More opportunities and taken advantage. Has been outstanding in past. Moving more this season.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 30m30 minutes ago
"You are who you are" after 16 games. Want to play best football being who you are. "That'll be our approach."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 30m30 minutes ago
McCarthy: Richard Rodgers made some huge catches...also blocked very well. #Packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 30m30 minutes ago
McCarthy on Rodgers: I feel like we have a good plan for his rehab this week. We'll see where he is Friday. ... Not sure if he's staying.

THAT IS A SERIOUS AMOUNT OF LATITUDE EVEN FOR THE MVP. ALLOWED TO LEAVE WHILE REHABBING AND INJURY

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 29m29 minutes ago
McCarthy on Letroy Guion: I think he's taken his game up a notch. Excellent teammate.

RAJI!

pbmax
12-29-2014, 02:42 PM
There is a discussion elsewhere about how to judge Campen and the O line, but I will tell you, the development of Guion, Boyd and Jones in that order make me feel better about Trgovac. Despite his very good resume, his line had me worried at times.

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 02:44 PM
McCarthy on running vs Detroit: "Our identity on offense has been to run it and throw it."

THAT NARROWS IT DOWN

mraynrand
12-29-2014, 02:45 PM
"You are who you are" after 16 games. Want to play best football being who you are. "That'll be our approach."

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/51078/1007264-popeye.gif

pbmax
12-29-2014, 02:55 PM

THAT NARROWS IT DOWN

Its all unpredictable until 2nd and 9.

pbmax
12-31-2014, 12:58 AM
Beautiful.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/ae8os0yacpmao8pfdhv6.jpg

woodbuck27
12-31-2014, 07:54 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 29m29 minutes ago
McCarthy: "You have to prepare for all three teams. ... We'll go right into a game-plan meeting Sunday night."

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU_LozoeTZ-c2-NXvWv4iaEUUXfNPFct2mYgeVuCoKB8hVhgXxig

MM's got it covered !

" Our identity on offense has been to play solid offense."

mraynrand
12-31-2014, 09:02 AM
^^^WTF?

Pugger
12-31-2014, 09:25 AM
I suspect AR might be in California this week. It might help his calf being in a warm climate instead of Wisconsin.

pbmax
01-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 10m10 minutes ago
#Packers ret'd to pract Fri. Not present early were QB Aaron Rodgers (calf), WR Jordy Nelson (unspecified) and LB Sam Barrington (unspec).

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 29m29 minutes ago Ashwaubenon, WI
Davon House was practicing Friday, but didn't see Sam Barrington or Demetri Goodson #Packers

Guiness
01-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 10m10 minutes ago
#Packers ret'd to pract Fri. Not present early were QB Aaron Rodgers (calf), WR Jordy Nelson (unspecified) and LB Sam Barrington (unspec).

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 29m29 minutes ago Ashwaubenon, WI
Davon House was practicing Friday, but didn't see Sam Barrington or Demetri Goodson #Packers

Didn't see Demetri Goodson? Has anybody seen him at all, all season?

He did show up on the stat sheet against Detroit, although I didn't notice him on the field. Not sure if he was on D or ST.
edit: ST

pbmax
01-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Mastery's slump began after New Orleans.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/12/30/masthay-looks-to-regain-confidence-in-playoffs/21052051/

At the halfway mark of the 2014 season, the Green Bay Packers' punter was on pace to not only reset his team record for net punting average for the fifth consecutive season (42.2 yards per punt), but also his single-season mark for gross average (47.0).

While the team has rallied since its 44-23 loss to New Orleans in Week 8, the second half of the year hasn't been as kind to Masthay. His last 21 punts have come with a 40.1 gross average and 33.6 net.

But there isn't much else in here unless you want to consider that directional punting, to cover for poor punt coverage teams, is the reason for the slump.

denverYooper
01-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 4m4 minutes ago
McCarthy on Rodgers: "I really don't see [Rodgers] getting on the field until Thursday."

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy said Jordy Nelson is away on a personal matter.

pbmax
01-02-2015, 12:13 PM
M3 PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy on Rodgers: Aaron is doing well. He's been in treatment. We'll do the same tomorrow. Don't see him in practice until Thursday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 45s45 seconds ago
A number of guys are sick. Barrington and Goodson were absent today.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1m1 minute ago
More McCarthy on Rodgers: "I'm not concerned. He's already started the preparation process. He'll be prepared."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy calls Rodgers a "Hall of Fame" player.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
Team will work in pads on Saturday.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22s23 seconds ago
McCarthy on Rodgers, Kuhn, Nelson & Sitton earning All-Pro: Represents the type of football team we have. Very happy for those four guys.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2015, 12:16 PM
M3 PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy on Rodgers: Aaron is doing well. He's been in treatment...

C'mon Man! Your leaving out the most important shit. Is he getting hot packs or cold packs on that calf? :-)

Bossman641
01-02-2015, 12:25 PM

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/12/30/masthay-looks-to-regain-confidence-in-playoffs/21052051/

But there isn't much else in here unless you want to consider that directional punting, to cover for poor punt coverage teams, is the reason for the slump.

I don't think it has anything to do with direction. He is just hitting the ball like shit, like a golfer who can't find the center of the clubface.

mraynrand
01-02-2015, 12:29 PM
I suspect AR might be in California this week. It might help his calf being in a warm climate instead of Wisconsin.

Or Alaska - you want cold on that calf to reduce swelling.

pbmax
01-02-2015, 12:31 PM
C'mon Man! Your leaving out the most important shit. Is he getting hot packs or cold packs on that calf? :-)

https://moviewriternyu.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/magic8ball.png

pbmax
01-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 8m8 minutes ago
Julius Peppers' season grade from @PFF last year with #Bears was minus-7.6. Played 865 snaps. This year with #Packers: plus-16.9 in 825.

I *think* that is just supposed to be + 16.9

smuggler
01-02-2015, 10:16 PM
It's almost as if the amateur scouting service is not able to separate one player's performance from his team's performance!!

pbmax
01-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Yep.

pbmax
01-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 55m55 minutes ago
Tramon Williams hasn't missed a tackle during the second half of the season. Asked him about it today and he said ...

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 55m55 minutes ago
"I’m just playing without a conscience, man. ... If I do miss the tackle, the cavalry’s coming. I’m not worrying about missing tackles."

pbmax
01-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Saturday Practice

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m25 minutes ago
So for today, Barrington (illness) returned. Rodgers (calf), Goodson (illness), Nelson (personal reasons) out. Team was in pads.

woodbuck27
01-03-2015, 03:06 PM

He's in 'a slump'.

Just simply replace him. He's the worst ranked punter in the NFL. Find a High School punter. Seriously Tim Masthay is bad and should be replaced. Again he owes his job to Aaron Rodgers. Slocum and many more the same.

Aaron Rodgers covers up way too much that must be retooled in Green Bay.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/punting/sort/puntYards

In other ST Areas:

Kicking:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/kicking

Kick ( DuJuan Harris) and Punt Returning ( Micah Hyde) :

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/returning

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/returning/sort/kickReturnYards/qualified/false/count/41

pbmax
01-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Packer Report @PackerReport · 5h 5 hours ago
Very good practice, McCarthy says. Self-scouting was focus. Red zone period extended. "That work was excellent."

A lot of live work, which is key with the bye.

Players are playing well, MM says of tremendous pass protection.

"It's a tribute to those guys up front," McCarthy continues on pass protection.

MM on Richard Rodgers: "We need everybody" for playoff success.

MM on Daniels: HE's so explosive and quick and he's so powerful. Can play with leverage, stays low. "Ferocious game."

More on self-scouting: Hit areas they were emphasizing the past two weeks. "This is about us. This is about what we put into this."

Packer Report @PackerReport · 4h 4 hours ago
New practice squad center Joe Madsen was at practice today. Transaction just announced

pbmax
01-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
For entertainment purposes only: http://weather.com says it will be 21 next Sunday

pbmax
01-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Ha Ha got stopped after robbery at Bay Shore Mall. He matched description of suspect. He is Tweeting so I assume he was released without arrest.

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix @haha_cd6 · 1h 1 hour ago
I fit the description of a guy stealing out of Bay shores mall wow. Stopped by police embarrassing.

But it's part of there job so I understand.

Tyrion Lannister
01-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Ha Ha got stopped after robbery at Bay Shore Mall. He matched description of suspect. He is Tweeting so I assume he was released without arrest.

I fit the description of a guy stealing out of Bay shores mall wow. Stopped by police embarrassing.

Racial profiling.

Another reason to hate 5-0's.

mraynrand
01-03-2015, 10:00 PM

How many people rob a store wearing #21 GBP uniform? Why didn't the police arrest Charles Woodson or Craig Newsome?

Maxie the Taxi
01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
How many people rob a store wearing #21 GBP uniform? Why didn't the police arrest Charles Woodson or Craig Newsome?

Numerical profiling.

pbmax
01-03-2015, 10:23 PM
That's why they should put their names on the front of the jersey as well. Like an auto mechanic.

smuggler
01-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Racial profiling.

Another reason to hate 5-0's.

If the description of the perp is tallish black guy in jeans, and HaHa was wearing jeans, is it really racial profiling if the cops question him?

pbmax
01-04-2015, 12:14 PM
If the description of the perp is tallish black guy in jeans, and HaHa was wearing jeans, is it really racial profiling if the cops question him?

If that is the description, then the police are wasting their time stopping anyone based on just the description. Only 30,000 people or so in Milwaukee who match up with that.

denverYooper
01-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Maybe the description was: "some guy who looks like Eddie Murphy."

Pugger
01-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Or Alaska - you want cold on that calf to reduce swelling.

What made me think they added heat to his calf when he was in the locker room during the Detroit game?

Rastak
01-04-2015, 03:17 PM
If that is the description, then the police are wasting their time stopping anyone based on just the description. Only 30,000 people or so in Milwaukee who match up with that.

No kidding, I would hope they had a little more to go by....maybe driving a green car....or anything.....

mraynrand
01-04-2015, 03:31 PM
What made me think they added heat to his calf when he was in the locker room during the Detroit game?

because he wanted to keep playing. You ice it to slow the damage, and you can ice for a short time and even return. Heat treatment will increase damage (esp. due to swelling from bleeding), but it can help maintain mobility. I would suspect that Rodgers' calf got iced, wrapped and heated prior to return, but I'm just guessing.

mraynrand
01-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Maybe the description was: "some guy who looks like Eddie Murphy."

Young cop: "Who the hell is Eddie Murphy?"

pbmax
01-04-2015, 06:50 PM

They did at half of the Lions game.