PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Most Overrated Team in the NFL?

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
I say it's the Dolphins. It's funny, they're considered underrated, yet they're overrated at the same time. They have a good offense players wuth with Pepper, Brown, and Chambers, but whose behind them. Joey Harrington, Sammy Morris, and Marty Booker. Not exactly Super Bowl material? If any of there three top offensive players go down, their ship falls with them. The Dolphins used to be one of the NFL's top defenses, but Free Agency and age has changed that. Last season they were ranked 18th Total, 17 on Rushing, and 20th on passing defense. Jason Taylor will be 32 on Saturday and Zach Thomas will be 33(They both share the same birthday.) Their winning record is deceiving due to the lack of quality teams they played for the last six games, and their last game, against the Patriots, was a mail-in. They have a chance at the playoffs, but calling them Super Bowl contenders is a bit much.

Pack0514
08-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Chicago - I dont think they'll have any problem winning the NFC North, but winning the NFC North lately isnt saying much. I dont see them getting a 1st round bye and I see them possibly losing in the first round of the playoffs. I dont see any offense there and their defense has taken a few small hits this preseason.

Partial
08-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Chargers, Cowgirls, Chiefs

Tony Oday
08-30-2006, 10:39 AM
The Fake Americas Team, Bears, N.E.

mmmdk
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Atlanta Falcons, all this Mike Vick going to the show that ain't gonna happen.

Philadelphia Eagles, they preyed on a weak NFC for years.

ND72
08-30-2006, 10:59 AM
I have to nominate 4 teams, 2 AFC and 2 NFC...

#1 Chicago - Yes they have a great defense, but just like Mike Martz's one time impossible offense, things get figured out.

#2 Miami - The won their last 4 games last year against teams that already locked playoff births and were playing backups.

#3 Philly - They always get so much hype, and just never seem to live up to the hype. i think they have helped themselves with Stallworth...but i'm not sold on them.

#4 Patriots - A very average team, that plays in a very marginal division. The Dolphins (see #2) might be the only team to give New England any type of game in that division.

Guiness
08-30-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't know if the Bears are overated, because they get the least respect of any division winner. I really haven't seen any of the national talking heads saying anything good about them.

I'd say Pittsburgh - I just don't see how they're going to do it this year.

Packnut
08-30-2006, 11:03 AM
I totally dis-agree with those who claim the Dolphins are over-rated. I've seen a few of their games and they look good. Plus they have a damn good coach. Pepper look's like a different QB and Chambers is ready to advance to the next level.

RashanGary
08-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Falcons.

Indy will fall off after this year. They have one more shot before salaries start to get them.

FritzDontBlitz
08-30-2006, 11:08 AM
cincinnati bengals.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
cincinnati bengals.

They really showed how overrated they were on Monday.

Scott Campbell
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
The Packers.

ahaha
08-30-2006, 11:56 AM
The Baltimore Ravens! They're offensive line was very suspect last year. I just don't see McNair as the cure for their offensive woes. Some talking heads would have you believe they are serious contenders in the AFC. I just don't buy it, especially in that division.

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 12:02 PM
cincinnati bengals.

They really showed how overrated they were on Monday.

Yeah, but look who they were playing. :wink:

havanother
08-30-2006, 12:18 PM
The Cardinals! They are a sexy pick right now for the most improved team and a lot of the critics are talking playoffs. I haven't seen a thing that tells me they are above a 500 team.

Astonishment
08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
I would go with the Cowboys, while I like thier talent. They won't go anywhere without a better o-line. They are not good enough to be considered Super Bowl favorites like alot of the "experts" are saying.

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 12:34 PM
like alot of the "experts" are saying.

You consider this man an expert?
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/packageart/mugshots/irvinmug1.jpg[/b]

Astonishment
08-30-2006, 12:39 PM
LOLLLLL,

no, but the Cowboys are always brought up when discussing possible Superbowl teams, which they just are not.

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 12:42 PM
LOLLLLL,

no, but the Cowboys are always brought up when discussing possible Superbowl teams, which they just are not.

I agree. Not only is their O-line not solid, the team is slowly falling apart because of T.O.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
LOLLLLL,

I agree. Not only is their O-line not solid, the team is slowly falling apart because of T.O.

How long do you think Parcells can hold on before it goes completely down the toilet?

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
I say week 4.

mmmdk
08-30-2006, 12:52 PM
I'll add 2 AFC team,

Indianapolis Colts, Manning = Marino & will never win the big one.

Baltimore Ravens Uhh, the dreaded defense - I could name a dozen defenses as good or better than Ravens.

PackerPro42
08-30-2006, 01:40 PM
I say New England.

oregonpackfan
08-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Only T.O. would smile for his mug shot at a penal institution!

He will probably visit some form of correctional institution by Thanksgiving not as a guest but as a resident.

OPF

jmbarnes101
08-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Nobody's listed them yet but the most overrated team in the NFL are the Washington Redskins. Not only are they one hit away from not having a serviceable QB but their best RB will have a bum shoulder all year. They have a good defense but they'll be lucky to finish 3rd in the NFC east.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 03:27 PM
pssst. OPF, that's Irvin not TO.

Astonishment
08-30-2006, 03:47 PM
pssst. OPF, that's Irvin not TO.

now that's funny!

Charles Woodson
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
I say it's the Dolphins. It's funny, they're considered underrated, yet they're overrated at the same time. They have a good offense players wuth with Pepper, Brown, and Chambers, but whose behind them. Joey Harrington, Sammy Morris, and Marty Booker. Not exactly Super Bowl material? If any of there three top offensive players go down, their ship falls with them. The Dolphins used to be one of the NFL's top defenses, but Free Agency and age has changed that. Last season they were ranked 18th Total, 17 on Rushing, and 20th on passing defense. Jason Taylor will be 32 on Saturday and Zach Thomas will be 33(They both share the same birthday.) Their winning record is deceiving due to the lack of quality teams they played for the last six games, and their last game, against the Patriots, was a mail-in. They have a chance at the playoffs, but calling them Super Bowl contenders is a bit much.

Dissagree, there are teams that are way more overrated, dolphins will take the afc east...

esoxx
08-30-2006, 04:19 PM
New England

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Is that a bit of hometown bias there, CW? :wink:

jmbarnes, I agree the Redskins are overrated, but there stock has fallen over the preseason. With Portis' injury, and their, so far, incompetent offense, who is yet to score a TD, they're not as highly ranked as they were before. I really like the Giants in the East. I don't buy the Cowboys and the Eagles won't go anywhere with McNabb at the helm.

FavreChild
08-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Falcons
Bears
Cowgirls

The NFC East (strongest division, my ass)

b bulldog
08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
I think the Pats are underrated this season while my most overrated is Indy.

BananaMan
08-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Cardinals, without a doubt. They are kind of like the Vikings, everyone would say that they'd be great, and when the season came around they failed miserably.

They have no OL and the defense is overrated, if that's even possible. A few good players but no depth.

gbgary
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
over rated...dallas! bledsoe is a statue and will get injured, o-line is very shakie, "the player" (as parcells calls him), TP, for short (which is catching-on down here...lol) will create sideline havoc with his tantrams for not being thrown-to enough, and an owner who's already pissed-off the coach for making have to deal with TP (he may end up having his transplated hair pulled out by bill). i predict parcells' and bledsoe's retirement when the season's done.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Cowgirls and Steelers

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Nobody's listed them yet but the most overrated team in the NFL are the Washington Redskins. Not only are they one hit away from not having a serviceable QB but their best RB will have a bum shoulder all year. They have a good defense but they'll be lucky to finish 3rd in the NFC east.

I agree--especially if Portis is less effective, and Springs is out for awhile.

BEARMAN
09-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Seachickens, NO way the repeat. Last year was a fluke.

GO BEARS !

Brando19
09-03-2006, 09:54 PM
I would say the Steelers and the Dolphins. The Steelers lost alot of talent and Roethlisberger's health is definitely an issue. Alot of critics have the Dolphins making the playoffs and my newest SI has them in the SuperBowl. WHAT THE HECK? I'll bet anyone the Dolphins don't make the playoffs this year. Culpepper sucks.

justanotherpackfan
09-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Cardinals, without a doubt. They are kind of like the Vikings, everyone would say that they'd be great, and when the season came around they failed miserably.

They have no OL and the defense is overrated, if that's even possible. A few good players but no depth.
Agreed, Cardinals.

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:30 PM
I have to nominate 4 teams, 2 AFC and 2 NFC...

#1 Chicago - Yes they have a great defense, but just like Mike Martz's one time impossible offense, things get figured out.

I guess the packers havent figured it out. 0=EGG