PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State DE Steve Miller predicted his Sugar Bowl interception

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Read about it here (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ohio-state-de-steve-miller-predicted-his-sugar-bowl-interception-073410186.html;_ylt=A0LEVu.dpaZUy30AbSwPxQt.;_ylu= X3oDMTBya3R2ZmV1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dG lkAw--).

"I had a vision," Miller said. "I just want to thank my teammates and thank God."

I'm starting a Steve Miller Fan Club. Packers need to sign the guy and convert him into an ILB.

Isn't that quote above kind of Reggie-esque?

Maybe this guy is Reggie White's Mini-Me. I don't know, maybe he just talks like Reggie and plays like shit most of the time. Not last night though... Last night he had a vision and it came true:

Well, according to his teammates after the game, he had been talking all week about it after he had an interception in practice leading up to the College Football Playoff semifinal. The practice interception, however, was nothing like the pick-six in the game.

Miller's practice pick came off a tip. On Thursday, he got his interception dropping back into coverage. His responsibilities, he said, were simple, as he dropped between Alabama QB Blake Sims and his intended target Amari Cooper.

"Just backpedal, drop 8-10 yards over the tackle, find the ball and then run to the end zone," Miller said.

Miller is 6'3" 255 lbs. If you ask me, he talks and runs more like an ILB than a DE. Below is video of his Pick 6:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2316847-ohio-state-defensive-lineman-steve-miller-snares-pick-6-vs-alabama

As pbmax says, how difficult would it be to convert a 4-3 DE into an ILB? The Pack wouldn't even have to draft him. He's projected to be an undrafted free agent.

I'm keeping my eye on this guy during the National Championship game. TT should too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo7DH_VZvDM&feature=player_detailpage

mraynrand
01-02-2015, 10:05 AM
I like the idea of a guy who can fly like an eagle to replace hawk.

Joemailman
01-02-2015, 07:52 PM
I saw the guy drop straight back in coverage, intercept a ball thrown right to him, and then show decent straight speed as he returned it for a TD. But to play ILB, he has to have lateral agility. Does he have that? I have no idea. He may not even get invited to the Combine, so we may have to wait until his pro day to see how he does in drills.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2015, 08:21 PM
I saw the guy drop straight back in coverage, intercept a ball thrown right to him, and then show decent straight speed as he returned it for a TD. But to play ILB, he has to have lateral agility. Does he have that? I have no idea. He may not even get invited to the Combine, so we may have to wait until his pro day to see how he does in drills.

But he had that vision, Joe.:glug:

Rastak
01-02-2015, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure it compares to "God told me to go there" and oh by the way, that was where the money was.

Did he predict the event BEFORE it happened? I'm guessing the vision was shared afterwards.

Carolina_Packer
01-02-2015, 08:33 PM
I like the idea of a guy who can fly like an eagle to replace hawk.

Do you think when he goes to the combine he'll take a big old jet airliner?

Rastak
01-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Do you think when he goes to the combine he'll take a big old jet airliner?

If it don't carry him too far away.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2015, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure it compares to "God told me to go there" and oh by the way, that was where the money was.

Did he predict the event BEFORE it happened? I'm guessing the vision was shared afterwards.

Actually he predicted it the week before. Now do you believe?:-)

Guiness
01-02-2015, 08:55 PM
If it don't carry him too far away.

Is there someplace he's got to stay?

pbmax
01-02-2015, 09:36 PM

Let's not forget that God healed his hamstring before the Cowboys game too. Steven Miller 'Band On The Run' is only one miracle in so far.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Let's not forget that God healed his hamstring before the Cowboys game too. Steven Miller 'Band On The Run' is only one miracle in so far.

That we know of, pb. Only one miracle that we know of!:-)

smuggler
01-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Was Steve Miller in Wings?

pbmax
01-02-2015, 09:59 PM
That we know of, pb. Only one miracle that we know of!:-)

Very true. I think the Pope waits a few years to get all the reports in as well.

Rastak
01-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Was Steve Miller in Wings?

That was my question......unless "The rain exploded with a mighty crash as we fell into the sun".

gbgary
01-03-2015, 08:09 AM
geesh...lol

pbmax
01-03-2015, 10:19 AM
That was my question......unless "The rain exploded with a mighty crash as we fell into the sun".

The 70s were very adulterous. Just ask Yankee's pitchers.

Willard
01-03-2015, 10:37 AM
The Pack wouldn't even have to draft him. He's projected to be an undrafted free agent.
I wouldn't commit too much to this Joker. He may just Take The Money And Run.

Maxie the Taxi
01-03-2015, 11:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnOdXpApms

Guiness
01-03-2015, 02:03 PM

I thought I knew you before. Were you on that island? You probably wouldn't remember.

(admittedly, had to look that one up)

woodbuck27
01-03-2015, 02:50 PM
This guy is something.

Often we have dreams or mental visions of something really good happening and nawww!

Many times when I was a teenager I made the putt in my living room to win The Masters.

mraynrand
01-03-2015, 08:54 PM

More like take the money and disappear: abracadabra!

Maxie the Taxi
01-03-2015, 08:57 PM
I get the feeling not too many rats are on board the Steve Miller ship. LOL

mraynrand
01-03-2015, 09:07 PM
I get the feeling not too many rats are on board the Steve Miller ship. LOL

it's too early for flapjacks