PDA

View Full Version : Bring it, Jerruh!

King Friday
01-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Bring it, Cowfags.

Bring your Romosexual QB, your mediocre defense, and your hope that you can buy off the refs again. Bring those pussy white jerseys...so we can crap all over them.

It ain't happening.

Rodgers will beat your ass DOWN. Lacy will put you over a BARREL. Bloodline will tear Romo a new ASSHOLE so he take it twice as hard.

I hate the Cowboys. I hate Jerruh's melting face. This one is going to taste SWEET!

red
01-04-2015, 06:58 PM
someone shoot that fucker when he's in town

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2015, 07:00 PM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/s3QNC8_wP4k/hqdefault.jpg

Bossman641
01-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Can we PLEASE not have Aikman/Buck for this game? I don't want to hear Troy's pro-Cowboy bullshit

smuggler
01-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Do what I do and mute the audio. (Unless it's Michaels/Collinsworth)

Forecast for Sunday at noon is 23 degrees with 0% precipitation and 0-5mph winds. Pretty ideal for the passing games. I like our chances. :)

Cheesehead Craig
01-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Can we PLEASE not have Aikman/Buck for this game? I don't want to hear Troy's pro-Cowboy bullshit

Not a chance. They will be the signal callers as this is the far better of the NFC games next weekend. So long as Erin comes with them, I'm happy.

denverYooper
01-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Is this the official Packers-Cowboys Division Round thread? Works for me.

denverYooper
01-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Over/Under on punts in this game?

pbmax
01-05-2015, 08:07 AM

Fritz
01-05-2015, 08:11 AM
Not of my family is in Texas. Lots of them in Waco, and serious Cowboy fans.

Bastards.

pbmax
01-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Not of my family is in Texas. Lots of them in Waco, and serious Cowboy fans.

Bastards.

From context I read this as "Lot of my ..."

From keyboard location I get this:

Mot of my family ...
Bot of my family ...
Hot of my family ...
Jot of my family ...
Kot of my family ...

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Jaysus!

Up here TSN is billing Dallas @ Green Bay as:

The game that will decide the NFL MVP between Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers.

Talk about double trouble pressure ! :-)

The media writers are unreal.

mraynrand
01-05-2015, 08:19 AM

Mot of my family ...
Bot of my family ...
Hot of my family ...
Jot of my family ...
Kot of my family ...

It was a Freudian slip, not a Finger slip.

denverYooper
01-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Mot of my family ...
Bot of my family ...
Hot of my family ...
Jot of my family ...
Kot of my family ...

Fritz has a Bot family in Waco. He occasionally deploys them to launch DNS attacks on servers located in Eastern Europe.

denverYooper
01-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Jaysus!

Especially since voting is already done. The award just hasn't been announced yet.

pbmax
01-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Fritz has a Bot family in Waco. He occasionally deploys them to launch DNS attacks on servers located in Eastern Europe.

Dairy servers are weak points in the security structure.

denverYooper
01-05-2015, 08:39 AM
For all of the pub Dallas's line gets, they sure had problems in handling blitzes last night (and vs Washington). That could be on Romo. Maybe he's just not that great on pre-snap.

I wonder if the Packers will move Peppers around like the Lions used Ansah.

mraynrand
01-05-2015, 08:44 AM
For all of the pub Dallas's line gets, they sure had problems in handling blitzes last night (and vs Washington). That could be on Romo. Maybe he's just not that great on pre-snap.

Ha! That's what I was telling people watching the game with me, and they were "no, that's just good defense by the loins" Bah!!

mraynrand
01-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Especially since voting is already done. The award just hasn't been announced yet.

Woody isn't too picky when it comes to reality.

denverYooper
01-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Ha! That's what I was telling people watching the game with me, and they were "no, that's just good defense by the loins" Bah!!

There were a couple of pretty obvious DB blitzes where he just didn't seem to make any adjustments.

Pugger
01-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Jaysus!

Somebody has to tell them the voting has already taken place.

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Somebody has to tell them the voting has already taken place.

Will you give me a LINK please to verify that.

I'm aware that the eligible voters have one ballot to pick one player at the regular season end.

Do we know (the date) when the votes must be in? I can see some issues with that.

ie people who procrastinate.

QBME
01-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Will you give me a LINK please to verify that.

I'm aware that the eligible voters have one ballot to pick one player at the regular season end.

Do we know (the date) when the votes must be in? I can see some issues with that.

ie people who procrastinate.

www.google.com

pbmax
01-05-2015, 10:28 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nfl+mvp+votes+deadline

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 10:44 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nfl+mvp+votes+deadline

That was very cool but it doesn't answer my question as to the deadline date for submission for all (is it still 50 votes ? ).

Does anyone here @ Packerrats know the answer? Does anyone on this planet know the correct answer?

I've even tried this:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150105083603AAagtGK

NFL MVP: By what date do the sports writers have to cast their ballots by?

Pugger
01-05-2015, 10:47 AM
That was very cool but it doesn't answer my question as to the deadline date for submission for all (is it still 50 votes ? ).

Does anyone here @ Packerrats know the answer? Does anyone on this planet know the correct answer?

I've even tried this:

Read the first paragraph on this link.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/28/ap-explains-voting-process-for-nfl-awards/

pbmax
01-05-2015, 10:48 AM

I've even tried this:

You have to do some reading Woody:

Second link at Let Me Google That For You gets you here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fprofootballtalk.nbcsports.com%2F2 011%2F12%2F28%2Fap-explains-voting-process-for-nfl-awards%2F&ei=RsCqVPfmCdehyASc6YCgAw&usg=AFQjCNFMGdGQuVUJdJ3QVCKBl5Jk3OEcQQ&sig2=SoLEUFfV77t7oAliCfWBTw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw

1st paragraph, 2nd sentence:

Voting occurs right after the regular season ends, with most of the awards unveiled during Super Bowl week on NFL Network, well after the curiosity of most fans has subsided.

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Read the first paragraph on this link.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/28/ap-explains-voting-process-for-nfl-awards/

That doesn't answer my question.

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 11:00 AM
You have to do some reading Woody:

Second link at Let Me Google That For You gets you here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fprofootballtalk.nbcsports.com%2F2 011%2F12%2F28%2Fap-explains-voting-process-for-nfl-awards%2F&ei=RsCqVPfmCdehyASc6YCgAw&usg=AFQjCNFMGdGQuVUJdJ3QVCKBl5Jk3OEcQQ&sig2=SoLEUFfV77t7oAliCfWBTw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw

1st paragraph, 2nd sentence:

Of course I'm aware of that fact but ON what exact date are the votes due?

ThunderDan
01-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Of course I'm aware of that fact but ON what exact date are the votes due?

Does it really matter??? The voting is done.

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Does it really matter??? The voting is done.

** My ? is very simple. **

I'm asking this ? in response to pugger's post #21.

Does the media know that the voting is completed and compiled already?

If a due date was published the media would be more likely aware of that date.

** What is that date ThunderDan?

Anyone here? WHAT IS THAT DUE DATE?

Freak Out
01-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Have you asked the NFL?

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Have you asked the NFL?

I'm not sure that 'the general fan' knows the answer to my question or the due date for all votes.

Carrying that question over to the media.

We read all this stuff in articles about who should or shouldn't get the NFL MVP when 'in fact' those in power to dictate the result have cast their ballots.

What is then written on this subject after such due date is then moot.

So we get something like this written 'just three days ago' and the fan could easily assume it's all still up in the air:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/157200/all-pro-vote-a-good-sign-for-aaron-rodgers-mvp-chances

All-Pro vote a good sign for Aaron Rodgers' MVP chances.

January, 2, 2015 3:45 PM ET

By: Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com

Then was the due date: Midnight Friday Jan. 02, 2015?

Midnight Sat. Jan. 03, 2015? ................ When ?

Pugger
01-05-2015, 06:19 PM
** My ? is very simple. **

I'm asking this ? in response to pugger's post #21.

Does the media know that the voting is completed and compiled already?

If a due date was published the media would be more likely aware of that date.

** What is that date ThunderDan?

Anyone here? WHAT IS THAT DUE DATE?

I don't know if they have an exact date set in stone but for sure the voting has to be in before the WC weekend.

smuggler
01-05-2015, 07:05 PM
I'd shoot an email to the AP and ask them. It's not an NFL award, it's an AP award.

Tyrion Lannister
01-05-2015, 07:35 PM
I'd shoot an email to the AP and ask them. It's not an NFL award, it's an AP award.

Save time and just ask Peter King. He's a voter.

In his vainglorious MMQB column two weeks ago, King stated that he was dividing his vote between Rodgers and the Great White Shark, JJ Watt.

No doubt, it's all vainglory nowadays with King. In the same column he called Lions saftey James Ihedigbo a stud for forcing a Lacy lazy fumble without mentioning that Ihedigbo was benched later in the game.

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Save time and just ask Peter King. He's a voter.

In his vainglorious MMQB column two weeks ago, King stated that he was dividing his vote between Rodgers and the Great White Shark, JJ Watt.

No doubt, it's all vainglory nowadays with King. In the same column he called Lions saftey James Ihedigbo a stud for forcing a Lacy lazy fumble without mentioning that Ihedigbo was benched later in the game.

Exactly.

An eligible voter like Peter King would know.

King Friday
01-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Rich Eisen voted for Rodgers.

Strangely, he did not mention when he turned in his ballot. Because EVERYONE wants to know.

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Rich Eisen voted for Rodgers.

Strangely, he did not mention when he turned in his ballot. Because EVERYONE wants to know.

There's a story (stories) right there.

Rich Eisen is a beauty.

pbmax
01-05-2015, 09:02 PM
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 3h3 hours ago
Tony Romo is 1-2 in his career when game-time temperatures are 32 degrees or lower with a 26.0 Total QBR.

I don't know about you folks, but that seems definitive to me. :roll:

woodbuck27
01-05-2015, 10:36 PM
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 3h3 hours ago
Tony Romo is 1-2 in his career when game-time temperatures are 32 degrees or lower with a 26.0 Total QBR.

I don't know about you folks, but that seems definitive to me. :roll:

Romo should be back home right now.

Getting used to the climate.

pbmax
01-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Exactly.

An eligible voter like Peter King would know.

Peter is not talking on Twitter to us. But Greg Rosenthal from NFL Network did. Asked when the votes were due:

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 2h2 hours ago
@PackerRats Middle of last week

pbmax
01-06-2015, 12:04 AM
McCarthy Monday Presser

Packer Report @PackerReport · 8h 8 hours ago
McCarthy said Rodgers had some "hip in his hop" today. Will meet Wednesday to formulate plan for the week.

More time in system for Dallas' defense compared to last year. Disciplined. Pursuit jumps off the film.

Staff came in to watch game at 3 p.m., game-planning started immediately after game. Game plan installation started today.

Staff gathered yesterday ready for Cowboys and Panthers. Just needed the winning team.

Facing Murray: DAL run game is excellent. Murray is "big-time back." He left impression on MM from last year's game.

MM on DAL going 8-0 on road: They just keep battling. A lot of big plays went against them vs. Detroit. Mental toughness to keep going.

MM on Romo: Always felt he's an excellent player. Commands whole offense at line of scrimmage. Has unique ability to extend plays.

Ice Bowl memories: McCarthy was 4 in Pittsburgh.

Some adjustments made to kick protection. Thinks Masthay will break out of funk. "It's about confidence," MM says.

MM not concerned about timing of offense on limited reps. PLenty of continuity built. "I think he'll be in pretty good shape come Sunday."

hoosier
01-06-2015, 08:25 AM
MM not concerned about timing of offense on limited reps. PLenty of continuity built. "I think he'll be in pretty good shape come Sunday."

I'm trying to remember what the coverage sounded like during the 2011 bye week. Jennings was returning from his knee injury and Rodgers had sat out the week 17 game, so the continuity issues were a little more complex then than now. In this case, however, they are also facing the likely prospect that Rodgers will have to redefine his game and eliminate most of the scrambling component. Does not having a full week of repetitions hamper his ability to transform?

woodbuck27
01-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Peter is not talking on Twitter to us. But Greg Rosenthal from NFL Network did. Asked when the votes were due:

Thank You pbmax.

Then the middle of last week would make it say... Wed. or Thurs. Dec. 24 or 25, 2014.

If that's the case nothing that has happened in Week 17 (Sun. Dec. 28, 2014) and beyond, would apply to influence the NFL MVP results.

ThunderDan
01-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Thank You pbmax.

Then the middle of last week would make it say... Wed. or Thurs. Dec. 24 or 25, 2014.

If that's the case nothing that has happened in Week 17 (Sun. Dec. 28, 2014) and beyond, would apply to influence the NFL MVP results.

No, the middle of last week would be December 31, 2014 or Jan 1, 2015.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2015, 09:51 AM

No, no, no. The middle constitutes all content other than the endpoints, dickwad. Monday is the first day of a week. Saturday and Sunday are called the weekend for a reason, you ignoramus.

You're all thunder, no lightening, pal. Try again.

KYPack
01-06-2015, 09:51 AM
(Didn't check this, but heard it on the radio, etc )

This is the first time a team that was 8-0 at home faces a team that was 8-0 on the road.

Let's make Jerry's face go inside his neck again.

I'm also starting to hate Jones' son, the Boy King, whoever he is.

Freak Out
01-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Nothing worse than rich, arrogant Okies.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2015, 09:57 AM

Ya, everybody hates rich kids.

http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/politics_impact/photo/16571587-mmmain.jpg

denverYooper
01-06-2015, 10:00 AM

Did you ask him for a film read on Rodgers playing more from the pocket?

denverYooper
01-06-2015, 10:03 AM
I'm trying to remember what the coverage sounded like during the 2011 bye week. Jennings was returning from his knee injury and Rodgers had sat out the week 17 game, so the continuity issues were a little more complex then than now. In this case, however, they are also facing the likely prospect that Rodgers will have to redefine his game and eliminate most of the scrambling component. Does not having a full week of repetitions hamper his ability to transform?

In 2011, they were more worried about Rodgers taking 2 weeks off (Det game + bye). This year is more like a regular bye, no one's kid drowned, and AFAIK no coaches left for interviews.

denverYooper
01-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Dallas's defense is the worst the Packers have seen in a month. Even Tampa Bay has them beat by a mile. It could get ugly.

hoosier
01-06-2015, 10:17 AM

This is the first time a team that was 8-0 at home faces a team that was 8-0 on the road.

I am pretty sure he goes by Spaulding.

Undefeated on road vs. undefeated at home has happened twice before in playoffs: in 1948 (Chicago Cardinals @ Philly) and 1972 (Miami @ Pittsburgh, under that goofy rotational system for conference championship game). This is the first time since 16 game schedule.

woodbuck27
01-06-2015, 10:37 AM

Your correct.

Nothing that has happened since Week 17 (Sun. Dec. 28, 2014) and beyond, would apply to influence the NFL MVP results.

QBME
01-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Dallas's defense is the worst the Packers have seen in a month. Even Tampa Bay has them beat by a mile. It could get ugly.

That would be nice - let some guys rest the 4th quarter and stay healthy for the Carolina game next week.

woodbuck27
01-06-2015, 11:07 AM

Is that the youngest son .... Jerry Jr. the Cowboys' chief sales and marketing officer/vice president.

or

Stephen Jones ( Jerry Jones eldest son) who serves as the Cowboys' chief operating officer/executive vice president/director of player personnel. Evidently Stephen likes a good party.:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/06/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-son-stephen-team-bus-sunset-strip-video/

Jerry Jones' Son

Hey Ladies, Let's Party On My Cowboys Bus !!

8/6/2014 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comment woodbuck27:

and ... the shades came down.

denverYooper
01-06-2015, 11:22 AM
That would be nice - let some guys rest the 4th quarter and stay healthy for the Carolina game next week.

That's the spirit!

mraynrand
01-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Your correct.

Nothing that has happened since Week 17 (Sun. Dec. 28, 2014) and beyond, would apply to influence the NFL MVP results.

Are you still going on about this? The AP award is a regular season award and is voted on before playoff games. It's been that way for about forever.

Freak Out
01-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Ya, everybody hates rich kids.

http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/politics_impact/photo/16571587-mmmain.jpg

LOL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/06/jerry-jones-on-chris-christie-hes-part-of-our-mojo/

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-06-2015, 01:13 PM
LOL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/06/jerry-jones-on-chris-christie-hes-part-of-our-mojo/

I just hope we are not subjected to the two of them humping each other again....

woodbuck27
01-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Ohh Dear!

As if.....he can't make it and the Boys are screwed.

Their mojo will be compromised. Disaster !

Then there's the Green Bay Packers:

Packer fans simply hope that Aaron Rodgers can limp onto the field for a full game.

Freak Out
01-06-2015, 02:28 PM
So is this the official Packer/Cowboy game week thread?

So how many loyal Packer fans sell their tickets to Cowboy fans?

King Friday
01-06-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm tired of the dumb talking heads saying "Dallas has a run game that is built to win in cold weather" while conveniently ignoring that Green Bay ran better against the same Lions defense than the Cowboys did...and did so in the same cold weather that will be around on Sunday.

So if the Packers have as good a running attack...and a better QB...and better receivers...and a better defense...how does anyone see this as a clear win for the Cowboys? Green Bay's chances of a loss here rest more on Rodgers' leg and their own avoidance of errors than anything the Cowboys will be doing.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-06-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm tired of the dumb talking heads saying "Dallas has a run game that is built to win in cold weather" while conveniently ignoring that Green Bay ran better against the same Lions defense than the Cowboys did...and did so in the same cold weather that will be around on Sunday.

So if the Packers have as good a running attack...and a better QB...and better receivers...and a better defense...how does anyone see this as a clear win for the Cowboys? Green Bay's chances of a loss here rest more on Rodgers' leg and their own avoidance of errors than anything the Cowboys will be doing.

I agree. Green Bay would have to lose this one to not win it. Hopefully they don't incur the same mistakes as Detroit.

Wait, that 2nd sentence looks pretty lame, doesn't it.

woodbuck27
01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
There must be something right about the Green Bay Packers:

Their six point favourites and presently 56% of the public are betting that they cover.

pbmax
01-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Did you ask him for a film read on Rodgers playing more from the pocket?

Other Tweets were left hanging.

KYPack
01-06-2015, 09:38 PM

King, you wanna add "game week thread" to the title?

Nobody is starting one and this seems like a pretty live thread.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Green Bay's chances of a loss here rest more on Rodgers' leg and their own avoidance of errors than anything the Cowboys will be doing.

That's a homer perspective that only the Packers can beat themselves. Dallas has a powerful offense that can get hot too.

But I agree that Rodger's injury can easily flare-up and ruin the game, and that is biggest factor. Packers being a 6.5 point favorite seems crazy for this reason.

George Cumby
01-06-2015, 10:07 PM
I hate to say this because my gut has such a spotty record on these things, but my gut says the Pack kicks their asses.

smuggler
01-06-2015, 10:43 PM
I have a feeling the offenses will both be churning out points. I smell a 40-something-to-30-something game, and I hope we're on the upside!

denverYooper
01-07-2015, 07:54 AM
I hate to say this because my gut has such a spotty record on these things, but my gut says the Pack kicks their asses.

I haven't felt this way about a playoff game in quite a while, but I'm with George. The Packers have been playing really well at home and Dallas lacks the kind of pass rush that can give this offense fits. I think Dallas needs to score 40 to win and, as good as their offense is, I don't see that happening for them on the road.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Strong candidate for the Bruce Wilkerson award:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 9h9 hours ago
#Packers are counting on ILB Sam Barrington being their Bruce Wilkerson, James Starks this 2014 playoff run: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-counting-on-sam-barrington-to-be-this-seasons-surprise-b99421040z1-287739341.html …

Cheesehead Craig
01-07-2015, 08:10 AM
PB, remind me about Bruce Wilkerson again. I know he came in and started on the OL back in 96 for the SB. But I've lost a lot of brain cells since then.

denverYooper
01-07-2015, 08:20 AM
This is a perfect "Rodgers dominates" game. He's playing against the QB with a better rating this year, who also got some consideration for MVP (also Murray, another MVP contender). And he's playing at home against a subpar D that is down several players. It's sort of like the Atlanta game a few years ago :).

denverYooper
01-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 8m8 minutes ago
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' last 16 home games: 322-of-471 passing (68.4%) for 4,341 yards (9.22 YPA), 38 TDs & 0 INTs. Plus 3 rushing TDs.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Bruce Wilkerson was the 3rd starting left tackle the Packers tried to use in their Super Bowl run in 1996. I think they tried to coax Ken Ruetggers out of retirement one more time, but his knee didn't hold up long in camp or the season. When he was unavailable, Gary Brown was put in and they got the results you would expect from a project who sorta translated to Tackle in the pros.

Wilkerson was the precise definition of journeyman. He was a vet who was getting old enough that teams weren't eager to count on and wouldn't want to stand in the way of younger, better, cheaper prospects. I think they got him off the street, either late in camp or early in the season. He was earning the minimum at a position where you usually earn the maximum.

He was just good enough. Like Newhouse, he looked more Guard than Tackle, but had good feet and hands. While he didn't have ideal size, he was smart, still agile enough and tough enough that if he got ahold of the DE, they weren't getting separated. Kinda of a cross between Newhouse's specs, Bach's tenacity and Clifton's age in Super Bowl 2010.

His more important attribute was reliability. He couldn't do everything and he wasn't going to block Lawrence Taylor one on one. But he stayed between his guy and Favre and he didn't get beat cleanly. He also stayed healthy. I think he first came in when the Vikings were abusing Gary Brown in MN at midseason. No one knew who he was (except probably Lovat, Holmgren, Wolf and Favre) at the time, but by the end of the year you had forgotten the Packers had a problem at Left Tackle. Which is the ultimate compliment to a veteran role player.

Its why there is an oft-neglected "Memorial Bruce Wilkerson Thanks For Saving Our Ass Award" on this board.

Pugger
01-07-2015, 09:21 AM

I don't know why those talking heads ignore what we did against the #2 D that Dallas couldn't. Even on one leg against that D Rodgers could still direct the offense and drive us down the field. They also aren't noticing how much better our defense is today than it was before our bye week.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 09:23 AM

Don't read Bedard then, whatever you do.

denverYooper
01-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Don't read Bedard then, whatever you do.

Bedard can't resist a good old-fashioned Packerfan trollin'.

Smidgeon
01-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 8m8 minutes ago
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' last 16 home games: 322-of-471 passing (68.4%) for 4,341 yards (9.22 YPA), 38 TDs & 0 INTs. Plus 3 rushing TDs.

Those are insane numbers. Even more insane when you consider the YPA.

mraynrand
01-07-2015, 10:18 AM

I think this is the perfect analysis.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2015, 10:37 AM
This is a perfect "Rodgers dominates" game.

Listening to Rodgers' interview yesterday, or at least Wilde's recap, Rodgers is not so sure about his calf. He won't be as mobile as usual, you can't count on him finishing game.

denverYooper
01-07-2015, 10:55 AM
Listening to Rodgers' interview yesterday, or at least Wilde's recap, Rodgers is not so sure about his calf. He won't be as mobile as usual, you can't count on him finishing game.

He won't need to run.

woodbuck27
01-07-2015, 10:56 AM

Your likely correct.

StPaulPackFan
01-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Bruce Wilkerson was the 3rd starting left tackle the Packers tried to use in their Super Bowl run in 1996. I think they tried to coax Ken Ruetggers out of retirement one more time, but his knee didn't hold up long in camp or the season. When he was unavailable, Gary Brown was put in and they got the results you would expect from a project who sorta translated to Tackle in the pros.

For some reason I don't remember Gary Brown. I must be getting old. When I hear the name Bruce Wilkerson I always think of John Michels and how awful he was around that time frame. Dang was he garbage :sad:

hoosier
01-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Are rookies eligible for the Bruce Wilkerson Memorial Award, or does it have to be a vet picked up off the scrap heap? If rookies are eligible then a fifth-round draft pick who comes out of nowhere to anchor down the OL has to be a top candidate.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 11:56 AM
I think Rookies are eligible. It would just be tough to be a first or second rounder to win. Wildly unexpected assistance and competence are the most important factors. There is a thread around here somewhere about it.

KYPack
01-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Are rookies eligible for the Bruce Wilkerson Memorial Award, or does it have to be a vet picked up off the scrap heap? If rookies are eligible then a fifth-round draft pick who comes out of nowhere to anchor down the OL has to be a top candidate.

It's supposed to be the scrap heap vet, but when we win the SB, Corey can be a full fledged member if ya want.

Our 2010 winner was Howard Green who saved the day for us at NT and 3 tech in goal line. They had nobody for that spot (TJ Lang was playing on goal line for instance) when Rex Ryan foolishly cut Green. The next game, we played the Jets and Green played his ass off. He kept it up and made that great play on Ben R in the SB to set up Nick Collins TD interception.

I had to look up Wilkerson's record bc I thought he came on in Mid-season in '96. He didn't, he started the last game of the '96 regular season. Nobody knew him on the team. Wolf's old Raider buddies told him that Wilkerson was shot physically, but if Ron was desperate (he was) the old guy could give him a couple games. The Packers other OLine boys were leery of an old guy playing on fumes and 1 leg. The Pack was down to the bottom of the scrap heap. 3 other LT's (Brown, Ruettgers, & Michels could not get the job done.

Wilkerson came in and got the job done on guts and brains. Frankie Winters told a hilarious story about Bruce's first game at LT. The team the Pack was playing tried a stunt. They showed an OLB blitz over the center. That requires a line call. The tackle to that side calls for a COW (center on Whip) block. When they were in pre-snap, they learned more about Wilkerson. He has a serious stuttering problem. Wilkerson tried to make the line call, but only could get out "C-C-C". Finally, Wilkerson blurted out "MOO", ya know, like a cow. Half laughing, Frankie picked up the blitzer.

That did it. The Packer OLine learned in one play that the old guy knew the job and he would get it done. Bruce allowed a sack in that game, but none in the play-offs or the SB. So now we have the Bruce Wilkerson award. When we win the last one, maybe Linsley get it, or we start a whole new award.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2015, 12:44 PM
He won't need to run.

The Packer O line has gotten very good, both pass and run. Dallas supposedly has best O-line in football, it will be interesting to see which one wins the battle of the fatties.

I have my worry beads out. I'm worried about Rodgers restraining the calf. It will actually suck worse if they move on to Seattle with Rodgers limping.

Been listening to testimonial of various athletes who had this injury - Mark Chumura, Jerome Betis - it's a mother fucker that lasts a good month.

I disagree with your Clint Eastwood, tough guy demeaner. You need to get in touch with your feminine side.

mraynrand
01-07-2015, 12:52 PM
It's supposed to be the scrap heap vet, but when we win the SB, Corey can be a full fledged member if ya want.

Our 2010 winner was Howard Green who saved the day for us at NT and 3 tech in goal line. They had nobody for that spot (TJ Lang was playing on goal line for instance) when Rex Ryan foolishly cut Green. The next game, we played the Jets and Green played his ass off. He kept it up and made that great play on Ben R in the SB to set up Nick Collins TD interception.

I had to look up Wilkerson's record bc I thought he came on in Mid-season in '96. He didn't, he started the last game of the '96 regular season. Nobody knew him on the team. Wolf's old Raider buddies told him that Wilkerson was shot physically, but if Ron was desperate (he was) the old guy could give him a couple games. The Packers other OLine boys were leery of an old guy playing on fumes and 1 leg. The Pack was down to the bottom of the scrap heap. 3 other LT's (Brown, Ruettgers, & Michels could not get the job done.

Wilkerson came in and got the job done on guts and brains. Frankie Winters told a hilarious story about Bruce's first game at LT. The team the Pack was playing tried a stunt. They showed an OLB blitz over the center. That requires a line call. The tackle to that side calls for a COW (center on Whip) block. When they were in pre-snap, they learned more about Wilkerson. He has a serious stuttering problem. Wilkerson tried to make the line call, but only could get out "C-C-C". Finally, Wilkerson blurted out "MOO", ya know, like a cow. Half laughing, Frankie picked up the blitzer.

That did it. The Packer OLine learned in one play that the old guy knew the job and he would get it done. Bruce allowed a sack in that game, but none in the play-offs or the SB. So now we have the Bruce Wilkerson award. When we win the last one, maybe Linsley get it, or we start a whole new award.

where the hell did ya dig up that story? repped.

woodbuck27
01-07-2015, 12:53 PM
The Packer O line has gotten very good, both pass and run. Dallas supposedly has best O-line in football, it will be interesting to see which one wins the battle of the fatties.

I have my worry beads out. I'm worried about Rodgers restraining the calf. It will actually suck worse if they move on to Seattle with Rodgers limping.

Been listening to testimonial of various athletes who had this injury - Mark Chumura, Jerome Betis - it's a mother fucker that lasts a good month.

I disagree with your Clint Eastwood, tough guy demeaner. You need to get in touch with your feminine side.

Aaron Rodgers needs rest..rest and more rest.

He knows his offense and has a good idea of all that the Boys will toss on defense.

He doesn't need to risk more damage. He'll likely rest.

denverYooper
01-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Rodgers still not practicing yet:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/287815631.html

When M3 said they hoped to get him back on Thursday, I thought he meant last Thursday. This blurb makes it look like they meant tomorrow.

woodbuck27
01-07-2015, 01:09 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/287590921.html

As 6-point favorites, Packers' odds to beat Cowboys at 67%

By: Matt Montgomery of the Journal Sentinel

Jan. 6, 2015

Comment woodbuck27:

You can 'nearly' count on that 67%.

KYPack
01-07-2015, 01:16 PM
where the hell did ya dig up that story? repped.

I was up in Wisco and watched one of the local football shows. This was after Winters retired. It was basically a panel of old Packers bullshitting & telling old football stories. Frankie dominated the show and told a handful of hilarious cool stories. It was so good, I wish I'd have taken notes. The Wilkerson story was one of 'em.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Going to have to look this up. Pro Football Reference only has Wilkerson playing in playoff games. I am pretty sure he saw regular season action.

EDITED TO ADD: Paclers.com has Bruce around for 14 active game. Going to need to dive deeper to see when he actually got in. But he made active roster in either Week 3 or Week 6 (if packers.com counts playoff games in its total).

EDITED TO ADD 2:

Coach Mike Holmgren pulled him for the veteran Wilkerson in the regular-season finale and Wilkerson provided the calm needed on Favre's blind side all the way to New Orleans. In the NFC title game, Carolina's pass rush—the Kevin Greene-fueled unit that had an NFL-best 60 sacks and a 68.7 opposing passer rating that season—was neutralized. Green Bay scored 30 points and had 479 total yards. - See more at: http://www.gazettextra.com/20150107/green_bays_barrington_hoping_to_take_advantage_of_ promotion#sthash.UNK0Mfdy.dpuf

http://www.gazettextra.com/20150107/green_bays_barrington_hoping_to_take_advantage_of_ promotion

pbmax
01-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Here we go: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/29300794.html

He did finally start against Minnesota in the regular season finale after Holmgren benched Michels.

ThunderDan
01-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Going to have to look this up. Pro Football Reference only has Wilkerson playing in playoff games. I am pretty sure he saw regular season action.

EDITED TO ADD: Paclers.com has Bruce around for 14 active game. Going to need to dive deeper to see when he actually got in. But he made active roster in either Week 3 or Week 6 (if packers.com counts playoff games in its total).

EDITED TO ADD 2:

http://www.gazettextra.com/20150107/green_bays_barrington_hoping_to_take_advantage_of_ promotion

pbmax
01-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
#Packers DE Josh Boyd is not practicing. Was riding stationary bike. Now a spectator.

No Aaron Rodgers at #Packers practice inside frigid Don Hutson Center. Scott Tolzien, Matt Flynn only QBs.

No Brandon Bostick among #Packers TEs working at practice today.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h1 hour ago
Elsewhere, CB Davon House (shoulder) and CB Demetri Goodson (illness) both returned. Jordy Nelson, too.

Fritz
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
#Packers DE Josh Boyd is not practicing. Was riding stationary bike. Now a spectator.

No Aaron Rodgers at #Packers practice inside frigid Don Hutson Center. Scott Tolzien, Matt Flynn only QBs.

No Brandon Bostick among #Packers TEs working at practice today.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h1 hour ago
Elsewhere, CB Davon House (shoulder) and CB Demetri Goodson (illness) both returned. Jordy Nelson, too.

I'm leery of the bye week, just because of recent experiences. The Packers have seemed half-asleep while the teams that have played recently (Giants, anyone?) come in cocky and physical. So I'm leery.

On the other hand, not only will Rodgers get that extra rest, it ought to help guys like House, Nick Perry, and Eddie Lacey, who have been beaten up and who could really help if they'r closer to 100%

I will be really, really disappointed if the Packers lose. Really disappointed.

pbmax
01-07-2015, 02:10 PM
I think its more matches than by week sleepiness. M3 has a very good record after bye weeks in the regular season. We'll see.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 20m20 minutes ago
DNP – QB Aaron Rodgers (calf), TE Brandon Bostick (illness), DL Josh Boyd (knee). Limited – CB Davon House (shoulder), G Josh Sitton (toe)

TJ LANG OFF INJURY REPORT? BACK TO FG UNIT?

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19m19 minutes ago
McCarthy: I plan on Aaron (Rodgers) playing Sunday. Today's schedule was for him to stay exclusively in the training room. It's day-to-day.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m19 minutes ago
McCarthy on Rodgers availability: "I plan on Aaron playing Sunday. ... There's a chance he'll practice tomorrow.."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 20m20 minutes ago
McCarthy: Aaron is totally into the game plan. He's taken all the reps in the walk-throughs. Mentally, he's right on top of it. #DALvsGB

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m19 minutes ago
McCarthy says it was 22 degrees inside the Don Hutson Center today. Jokes it's a record. Did not practice outside because of wind.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 17m17 minutes ago
McCarthy: Dez Bryant is a powerful man. He's very physical, particularly in bump & run. His YAC is definitely a strength of his. #DALvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
McCarthy on Rodgers' R-E-L-A-X comments in Wk 3: I think it was a good message. I think we were in touch with that. That's his personality.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy on Dallas' 8-0 road record: Exceptional. I don't think it happens very often. Have a lot of respect for what they've accomplished.

Joemailman
01-07-2015, 07:29 PM
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

Here’s a look at the full, official injury report from Wednesday:

Packers
Did not participate –TE Brandon Bostick (illness), DT Josh Boyd (knee), QB Aaron Rodgers (calf),
Limited participation –CB Davon House (shoulder), G Josh Sitton (toe).

Cowboys
Did not participate –T Doug Free (ankle), LB Anthony Hitchens (ankle), LB Rolando McClain (knee/concussion), DT Terrell McClain (ankle), DE Jeremy Mincey (concussion), QB Tony Romo (back).
Full participation –LB Bruce Carter (knee), TE James Hanna (knee), DT Nick Hayden (shoulder), S Jeff Heath (thumb), G Zack Martin (ankle), RB DeMarco Murray (hand).
Meanwhile, House continued to work on a limited basis but expressed optimism for the first time since fracturing his right shoulder blade against Atlanta on Dec. 8 that he would be able to play.

“I’m feeling great. Glad to be back out there and looking forward to what Sunday brings,” House said. “I do [plan to play]. I’ve worked really hard to get back. I prayed a lot. I did a lot of rehab. So I plan on being out there.”

denverYooper
01-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Keepin' it real.

Joemailman
01-07-2015, 07:54 PM
In 3 of the Cowboys last 4 games, Murray has rushed for less than 4 YPC. Last week Romo was sacked 6 times. In my opinion, Dallas' offensive line isn't playing as well as they were earlier.

King Friday
01-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Tony Romo has hardly practiced all year...nursing umpteen different ailments. Did that hinder him in putting up a career year?

Aaron Rodgers misses a little over a week, and all the talking heads would have you think he can't possibly be ready for the game.

If he could finish a game just fine against the Lions defense 2 weeks ago immediately after the injury, how is he suddenly going to be entire immobile this week and unable to beat a weaker Cowboy defense? Sure, he probably shouldn't scramble unless it is a light jog to pick up 3 yards and a first down. However, with our OL and running game, he shouldn't have to make plays outside of the pocket on Sunday. He should be able to play exclusively from the pocket and dominate.

On a side note...people who can't no longer move to teaching...they just find a gig in sports radio.

The Shadow
01-07-2015, 08:30 PM
All the talk about the "Great" Cowboys offensive line should be a very sweet motivator for OUR offensive line.
6 sacks? Really?

Joemailman
01-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Over the last 8 games, since moving Matthews inside, the Packers defense has given up 86 rushing YPG. If they had done that in the first 8, they would have the #4 run defense. Dallas' run defense has been excellent lately as well, with the exception of 1 game where the Eagles ran for 256(!) against them.

King Friday
01-07-2015, 08:57 PM
All the talk about the "Great" Cowboys offensive line should be a very sweet motivator for OUR offensive line.
6 sacks? Really?

Our running game is going to come out with something to prove.

They have confidence after what they did to Detroit. They have had to hear ALL WEEK about the great Cowboy rushing attack...the great RB Murray...the great OL...blah, blah, blah. I saw both groups play the same defense in the last 2 weeks in their own building. Green Bay's running game was definitively better.

They know that their QB is dinged up. They need to run the ball to keep the pass rush at bay. Those guys are going to be very motivated to get the job done.

Lacy runs for 140 in this one. He will be a load to bring down in the cold.

KYPack
01-07-2015, 09:46 PM

They have confidence after what they did to Detroit. They have had to hear ALL WEEK about the great Cowboy rushing attack...the great RB Murray...the great OL...blah, blah, blah. I saw both groups play the same defense in the last 2 weeks in their own building. Green Bay's running game was definitively better.

They know that their QB is dinged up. They need to run the ball to keep the pass rush at bay. Those guys are going to be very motivated to get the job done.

I've got similar thoughts, King. A big factor IMHO is Murray's busted hand. In the cold at Lambeau, that baby is going to tingle like hell. He had that glove and protection on it and that will also inhibit his effectiveness.

The thing that concerns me is Bryant and how we will defend him. We've gone to a lot of cover 3, moving the safety down and leaving HaHa to play the one high. Are we going to move Burnett down on the run downs and just shade HaHa to Bryant's side? Or go back to the nickle with Burnett deeper?

Close game with the Lambeau magic returning and Carolina coming to GB for the NFCCG is my big dream.

King Friday
01-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Carolina coming to GB for the NFCCG is my big dream.

Worked well during 1996 season...maybe we can play the Patriots in the Super Bowl again too.

George Cumby
01-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Let's hope they've figured out Lacy's cold air induced asthma.

mraynrand
01-08-2015, 01:15 AM
The thing that concerns me is Bryant and how we will defend him. We've gone to a lot of cover 3, moving the safety down and leaving HaHa to play the one high. Are we going to move Burnett down on the run downs and just shade HaHa to Bryant's side? Or go back to the nickle with Burnett deeper?

They will shade him, but he will see a lot of single coverage. He's high 4.5 at this point, so it's not the coverage, it's YAC that's a concern. Shields, House and Twill can cover him.

smuggler
01-08-2015, 02:11 AM
Bryant is a danger to get all... Julio Jones... true, but the best chance the Cowboys have to win is to get their running game going with Murray.

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 06:50 AM
Tony Romo has hardly practiced all year...nursing umpteen different ailments. Did that hinder him in putting up a career year?

Aaron Rodgers misses a little over a week, and all the talking heads would have you think he can't possibly be ready for the game.

If he could finish a game just fine against the Lions defense 2 weeks ago immediately after the injury, how is he suddenly going to be entire immobile this week and unable to beat a weaker Cowboy defense? Sure, he probably shouldn't scramble unless it is a light jog to pick up 3 yards and a first down. However, with our OL and running game, he shouldn't have to make plays outside of the pocket on Sunday. He should be able to play exclusively from the pocket and dominate.

On a side note...people who can't no longer move to teaching...they just find a gig in sports radio.

When your one of the most athletic and intelligent QB's to ever play the game Aaron Rodgers will be able to compensate.

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 06:53 AM
" Close game with the Lambeau magic returning and Carolina coming to GB for the NFCCG is my big dream. " KYPack

That's a BIG dream. I hope it becomes a reality.

I'll give you something not as dreamy but likely real:

The reality will be the Green Bay Packers @ Seattle next week.

pbmax
01-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Let's hope they've figured out Lacy's cold air induced asthma.

Fixed. This made last year's playoff game versus the 49ers a breeze. Unlike Grandma's hand knitted scarf, this thing wick's moisture to the outside in such a way that it doesn't freeze over you face. Making breathing very easy. I have not been reimbursed for this endorsement.

http://a1.zassets.com/images/z/3/1/0/5/5/3/3105532-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/spyder-shelter-balaclava-black?ef_id=UtmcKwAAAS44XRES:20150108135405:s

hoosier
01-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Fixed. This made last year's playoff game versus the 49ers a breeze. Unlike Grandma's hand knitted scarf, this thing wick's moisture to the outside in such a way that it doesn't freeze over you face. Making breathing very easy. I have not been reimbursed for this endorsement.

http://www.zappos.com/spyder-shelter-balaclava-black?ef_id=UtmcKwAAAS44XRES:20150108135405:s

He can't see! The man got no eyes! How is he going to hit those holes?

Zool
01-08-2015, 08:31 AM

Lacy is the Hulk not Spiderman

https://brian.carnell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hulk-adult-ski-mask.jpg

KYPack
01-08-2015, 08:32 AM
DP

KYPack
01-08-2015, 08:33 AM
They will shade him, but he will see a lot of single coverage. He's high 4.5 at this point, so it's not the coverage, it's YAC that's a concern. Shields, House and Twill can cover him.

I think you are outsmarting yourself or breathing your own exhaust or something. Shields, House and Twill can participate in covering Bryant, but all of 'em need help in that coverage. Capers is a flat out expert DC in getting help and creative ways to bring some heat. We will need all of that expertise and execution of Capers schemes to get that guy covered.

House can single up with Bryant? NFW.

What also worries me is how they deploy the help. When you give help in one area, you take help from another spot in the coverage. Witten and Beasley looked great at moving into the voids in coverage. We've got to bring heat on Romo while giving help in the proper windows.

Like Smuggler says below my other post, Julio Jones tore our asses up, so can Bryant. We don't have a corner that can single up Bryant, they all need help from someplace.

Zool
01-08-2015, 08:36 AM
I think you are outsmarting yourself or breathing your own exhaust or something. Shields, House and Twill can participate in covering Bryant, but all of 'em need help in that coverage. Capers is a flat out expert DC in getting help and creative ways to bring some heat. We will need all of that expertise and execution of Capers schemes to get that guy covered.

What also worries me is how they deploy the help. When you give help in one area, you take help from another spot in the coverage. Witten and Beasley looked great at moving into the voids in coverage. We've got to bring heat on Romo while giving help in the proper windows.

Like Smuggler says below my other post, Julio Jones tore our asses up, so can Bryant. We don't have a corner that can single up Bryant, they all need help from someplace.

To be fair, he didn't say they would succeed in covering him well, just that they could cover him. If they single Dez, he'll got for 10/200. I don't think we will see a repeat of Julio.

KYPack
01-08-2015, 08:43 AM
To be fair, he didn't say they would succeed in covering him well, just that they could cover him. If they single Dez, he'll got for 10/200. I don't think we will see a repeat of Julio.

Yeah, I HOPE I misunderstood what he was saying.

I guess I didn't want to admit I didn't know what 4.5 high meant.

Shouldn't we just wait until Bryant is 10.0 high?

Then he'll be too fucked up to run.

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 08:44 AM

A lot simply will depend on how soon Romo decides he needs his star WR in an attempt to gain some or obtain complete control of a game.

Dez Bryant disappears in games until it gets down to Romo simply throwing the ball to him. To not be targeted....that piss's Dez Bryant off. That man's ego is matched by his ability.

Romo and Dez Bryant can slice and dice the Packer secondary almost at will. Dez Bryant is an extremely physical WR and a lot like Julio Jones.

Aaron Rodgers and his receiving options simply have to match up or the Cowboys can easily win another road game.

I can't wait for this one. It's going to be like a game of chess between two Masters.

Bossman641
01-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Good read on the Packer OL

http://grantland.com/features/green-bay-packers-offensive-line-aaron-rodgers/

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Covering Dallas WR Dez Bryant.

" Like Smuggler says below my other post, Julio Jones tore our asses up, so can Bryant. We don't have a corner that can single up Bryant, they all need help from someplace. " KYPack

Maybe a:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcCmpXTCbEbJZeGKKV-IzXIZmZivuvoAr1Mu1ilywZL_a9oMy5Sg

Fritz
01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
It's a tall order - stop the run first, slow down Bryant, cover Witten and Beasley well.

Pugger
01-08-2015, 09:21 AM

It is really interesting how the pundits are ignoring this fact completely. I suppose because the 'girls just barely beat the Loins' juggernaut offense led by Mr. Erractic Stafford at home they think that this bunch is going to come up to Lambeau with that defense and down one of the most explosive offenses in the league even if Rodgers isn't his normal mobile self.

Pugger
01-08-2015, 09:23 AM

+1

My only concern is Eddie's ball security lately. He cannot put the ball on the ground on Sunday.

pbmax
01-08-2015, 09:38 AM

This is a fantastic read on the guys on the OL. I highly recommend it.

pbmax
01-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Nice game previews on how each road underdog can win. Breaks my heart, but Tanier is choosing the 'Boys.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322164-nfl-divisional-playoff-picks-paths-to-victory-for-four-road-underdogs

denverYooper
01-08-2015, 09:45 AM

That's a fantastic article.

It underscores a big reason that I think the Packers are very likely to win this weekend: a lot of the team around Rodgers is better (more healthy) this year. The line is certainly better, and will allow him to play from the pocket. Lacy is healthy and should keep a lot of pressure off as well. As long as Rodgers is out there calling plays at the line and running the offense, they'll be ok.

The defense is better also, even if not great. Dallas will be the best offense they'll have to face, so it'll be a good test.

Joemailman
01-08-2015, 09:48 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1489036_747218248708398_1674608629765309497_n.jpg? oh=3fe117f82d4c1230fa5bd968ec5830fb&oe=5539E243

Pugger
01-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Nice game previews on how each road underdog can win. Breaks my heart, but Tanier is choosing the 'Boys.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322164-nfl-divisional-playoff-picks-paths-to-victory-for-four-road-underdogs

He's doing what most of the "experts" are doing = ignoring our O line's play and our running game plus how we played Detroit compared to the 'girls.

pbmax
01-08-2015, 09:52 AM
OK, here are some numbers on QB pressure and hits to complete the picture of pass rush and QB sacks. For a while I have contended that the Packers this year don't have as many sacks, but they have been more consistent in getting the QB off his mark with pressure than last year.

http://allgbp.com/2015/01/08/packing-the-stats-the-green-bay-packers-pass-rush-under-dom-capers/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Those numbers support that story pretty well. But it might be more the case that Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, enabling single-high safety looks and Burnett down in the box, has had more of an effect on the pass rush (and possibly rush D) than Peppers.

pbmax
01-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Writers have upped their game this week. Matt Bowen brings it on what McCarthy called with Rodgers limited in the 2nd half versus the Lions. Also how Witten attacks a D on 3rd/4th down. Dom versus a Cowboys special route that got Dez Bryant on a linebacker in coverage. He also has an item on packaged plays for the Packers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322040-matt-bowens-nfl-divisional-playoffs-film-study

denverYooper
01-08-2015, 10:03 AM

A lot of other people, too. The line's moved a point so far. Dallas is the sexy underdog this weekend.

He forgot the part where Romo throws 2 picks -- one to Burnett to start the game and then one to Hayward near the end of the 3rd quarter.

KYPack
01-08-2015, 10:19 AM

I had the ATL game on the DVR. Twice I went back to look at the 2nd half to see where our coverages broke down.

I just couldn't do it & finally deleted that baby.

denverYooper
01-08-2015, 11:00 AM
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 29m29 minutes ago
Mike McCarthy on Rodgers/Calf Injury: 1st part of practice today he will be in rehab mode & will practice in team periods. #Packers

Joemailman
01-08-2015, 03:32 PM
QB Aaron Rodgers (calf) limited
DE Josh Boyd (knee) limited
CB Davon House (shoulder) limited
TE Brandon Bostick (illness) full
LG Josh Sitton (toe) limited
S Sean Richarson (knee) limited

Freak Out
01-08-2015, 04:05 PM
It's a tall order - stop the run first, slow down Bryant, cover Witten and Beasley well.

Who backs up Romo?

Smidgeon
01-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Who backs up Romo?

Brandon Weeden?

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 05:51 PM
I had the ATL game on the DVR. Twice I went back to look at the 2nd half to see where our coverages broke down.

I just couldn't do it & finally deleted that baby.

That's like watching the shower scene in Psycho over and over and over and over again !

Eeech ! Eeech !! Eeech !!! Eeech !!!!

KYPack
01-08-2015, 08:36 PM
QB Aaron Rodgers (calf) limited
DE Josh Boyd (knee) limited
CB Davon House (shoulder) limited
TE Brandon Bostick (illness) full
LG Josh Sitton (toe) limited
S Sean Richarson (knee) limited

I saw a blurb somewhere that House broke his shoulder blade in early December.

If he plays, he gets some kind of crazy man award.

smuggler
01-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Holy shit if that's true. A bad shoulder blade injury is what caused Leroy Butler to finally hang-em-up.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 04:27 AM
Holy shit if that's true. A bad shoulder blade injury is what caused Leroy Butler to finally hang-em-up.

He was 33 and was on the downslide. Team docs told him it "didn't heal properly." I sometimes think that was their way of giving him a convenient reason to retire.

pittstang5
01-09-2015, 06:48 AM
One thing the Packers have going for them is that they are not facing a supreme D-line, at least I don't think so. The last three games the Packers played, were against, arguably the better D-lines in the game (Buffalo, Tampa and Detroit). Dallas's D-line doesn't scare me like Detroit and Buffalo do. Rodgers should have time in the pocket and if Dallas blitzes, well, Rodgers has proven he'll make teams pay. The o-line was pretty damn good against Detroit in the last game, opening up some holes for Lacy. They should be able to repeat that, if not be better against Dallas.

Dallas's offense is another story. They have playmakers at key positions - RB, WR & TE. This is what scares me. Dallas can score and score quick. Rattle Romo and I think we'll be ok.

The Packer Defense is going to be fired up. I gotta feeling of all the defensive players, Peppers is gonna have a huge game. He's been in the league for so long - I'm sure he's realized he's closer than ever to getting to the big game. He's gonna be hungry.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 07:16 AM

Julio really tore up Shields and they pulled him. But he was one week out from a concussion. I really don't know whether that was the issue. House came in and played pretty decent man coverage on Jones. The Packers' error was going with a ton of man coverage and/or bringing safety help way too late. Still don't know where that got messed up.

I'd be OK with House in some single coverage, except that he's coming off a pretty significant injury. So my guess would be that they will give help on Bryant (shade the single safety that way), and man up on Witten, Beasley, etc. (at least underneath). Packers have been living off single safety and a lot of man coverage. Question is whether Dallas will be able to run and pass protect against that defense. If they do, it's a shoot out.

KYPack
01-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Julio really tore up Shields and they pulled him. But he was one week out from a concussion. I really don't know whether that was the issue. House came in and played pretty decent man coverage on Jones. The Packers' error was going with a ton of man coverage and/or bringing safety help way too late. Still don't know where that got messed up.

I'd be OK with House in some single coverage, except that he's coming off a pretty significant injury. So my guess would be that they will give help on Bryant (shade the single safety that way), and man up on Witten, Beasley, etc. (at least underneath). Packers have been living off single safety and a lot of man coverage. Question is whether Dallas will be able to run and pass protect against that defense. If they do, it's a shoot out.

The scheme that helped turn the season around has been when Capers went to a cover 3. The CB's show off coverage, but closer to the line and then drop to a deep zone. HaHa in a one high, but shaded to the dominant WR. So the back is 3 DB's, each covering a third of the field. Burnett in the box, covering the underneath and blitzing. HAHa and Burnett have had spectacular seasons, leading the team in tackles. Clay has been rushing the passer and has been brilliant in coverage at the same time. To neutralize the TE in backside digs and hook, Capers has played CMIII in a lurk position. I was going to start a thread about what a great cover backer Clay is. The problem there is that Matthews supplies about 50% of our heat on the QB. We need a couple CMIII's to complete our D. Peppers can also lurk, but when you have him rushing the passer and covering, he tires out.

What does that "4.5 high" thing mean?

Also, did anyone else see something about House having a broken shoulder blade?

If that's true, he might not be ready for OTA's, let alone the Dallas game.

KYPack
01-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Well, I guess it is true

Quote on

-- Davon House has finally been cleared to return from the fractured right scapula he sustained Dec. 8. Now, the Green Bay Packers cornerback just hopes he has a role on defense.

When House was last seen on the field, he was the only Packers defensive back to have any sort of success against Atlanta Falcons receiver Julio Jones, who caught 11 passes for 259 yards in that December Monday Night Football game at Lambeau Field. House broke up a pair of passes intended for Jones, including one in the end zone -- the play on which he was injured when his shoulder came down on Jones' knee.

Quote off

Man, that was a high fastball right by my head. The first I heard House had that serious an injury was yesterday. Guess it was true.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 08:16 AM
A fracture can vary widely in size and the area affected. He may be closer to full health that it would seem possible based on Butler's injury. As I recall, Butlers injury was tough because of the location and the chance that something could go spectacularly wrong if he reinsured it. That might not be the case for House.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 08:21 AM

Dez Bryant has slower 40 times - 4.56 I think, meaning he is probably 4.6 now. House and Shields can run with him, but he's more physical so Shields struggles with that.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 08:25 AM
The scheme that helped turn the season around has been when Capers went to a cover 3. ....

Capers also has used some zero coverages (if I understand that correctly): corners play man with no safety help. Also have seen one safety - if there is one dominant WR (like Bryant), can shade his side, no? There have also been a whole collection of plays where it seems there has been a matchup zone mentality that if a guy comes in your zone area, you latch on in man coverage. Either that or very specific disciplined man coverages where different guys end up in single coverages (like Burnett on Ebron). I don't know if I'm labeling the coverage correctly, but that's kinda what I see on "the tape."

Bossman641
01-09-2015, 09:49 AM

Bryant has 4.5-4.6 40 time. He's not going to blow by our CB's. The worry is more in him highpointing passes downfield and using power to break tackles after the catch.

KYPack
01-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Capers also has used some zero coverages (if I understand that correctly): corners play man with no safety help. Also have seen one safety - if there is one dominant WR (like Bryant), can shade his side, no? There have also been a whole collection of plays where it seems there has been a matchup zone mentality that if a guy comes in your zone area, you latch on in man coverage. Either that or very specific disciplined man coverages where different guys end up in single coverages (like Burnett on Ebron). I don't know if I'm labeling the coverage correctly, but that's kinda what I see on "the tape."
Yeah, yer right, Dom mixes it up.

Cover 3 has been effective for the Pack, but the days of living off one cover in this league with all the multiple WR sets nowadays are long gone.

There are also multiple things going on in one scheme, For instance, there are two kinds of coverage in any zone. One kind of zone cover is called pattern. In a pattern zone cover, the defender is responsible for an area of the field. Just like playing zone defense in basketball, you cover an area of the floor (field) and shift to defend in that geography. The other zone coverage is called lock. When the offensive player comes in your area, you lock onto him and cover his ass in M2M mechanics.

This can change depending on what the offense runs in their play call. Sometimes, the Mike or safety will make a coverage change to ensure proper coverage. A common one is changing from a pattern to a lock cover. You can see this when the offense shifts. The defenders also shift their coverage. The common signal for switching from pattern to lock is a clenched fist. That means the defensive man has his guy from the LOS to the goal line.

You can have fun trying to read the coverages yourself. One big read is the defenders posture. When a defender is in pattern zone, they are more loosy goosy, focusing on their coverage area than the man himself. When the defender is in lock (or M2M) he's focusing on his guy. Commonly, you'll see the defender hunkered down, focused, with the posture of a man about to jump into a swimming pool. Next time you watch the all 22, try to figure out the overall coverage by the posture of the defenders.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 10:43 AM
One thing the Packers have going for them is that they are not facing a supreme D-line, at least I don't think so. The last three games the Packers played, were against, arguably the better D-lines in the game (Buffalo, Tampa and Detroit). Dallas's D-line doesn't scare me like Detroit and Buffalo do. Rodgers should have time in the pocket and if Dallas blitzes, well, Rodgers has proven he'll make teams pay. The o-line was pretty damn good against Detroit in the last game, opening up some holes for Lacy. They should be able to repeat that, if not be better against Dallas.

Dallas's offense is another story. They have playmakers at key positions - RB, WR & TE. This is what scares me. Dallas can score and score quick. Rattle Romo and I think we'll be ok.

The Packer Defense is going to be fired up. I gotta feeling of all the defensive players, Peppers is gonna have a huge game. He's been in the league for so long - I'm sure he's realized he's closer than ever to getting to the big game. He's gonna be hungry.

Julius Peppers almost forced the Packers out of the playoffs last season if he got to Aaron Rodgers before the bootleg left and long pass to Randall Cobb and game clinching TD.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Yeah, yer right, Dom mixes it up.

Cover 3 has been effective for the Pack, but the days of living off one cover in this league with all the multiple WR sets nowadays are long gone.

There are also multiple things going on in one scheme, For instance, there are two kinds of coverage in any zone. One kind of zone cover is called pattern. In a pattern zone cover, the defender is responsible for an area of the field. Just like playing zone defense in basketball, you cover an area of the floor (field) and shift to defend in that geography. The other zone coverage is called lock. When the offensive player comes in your area, you lock onto him and cover his ass in M2M mechanics.

This can change depending on what the offense runs in their play call. Sometimes, the Mike or safety will make a coverage change to ensure proper coverage. A common one is changing from a pattern to a lock cover. You can see this when the offense shifts. The defenders also shift their coverage. The common signal for switching from pattern to lock is a clenched fist. That means the defensive man has his guy from the LOS to the goal line.

You can have fun trying to read the coverages yourself. One big read is the defenders posture. When a defender is in pattern zone, they are more loosy goosy, focusing on their coverage area than the man himself. When the defender is in lock (or M2M) he's focusing on his guy. Commonly, you'll see the defender hunkered down, focused, with the posture of a man about to jump into a swimming pool. Next time you watch the all 22, try to figure out the overall coverage by the posture of the defenders.

Got yaa.

Thanks.

George Cumby
01-09-2015, 10:54 AM
You fucking guys and all yer smart talk and shit is making me smarter.

KY/Rands posts are what makes this freak show worth attending.

denverYooper
01-09-2015, 10:58 AM
I also think Peppers is due for a big game. You gotta figure he's got a few of those left in the bag and a whiff of that trophy + some rest should be some extra motivation for him.

KYPack
01-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Dez Bryant has slower 40 times - 4.56 I think, meaning he is probably 4.6 now. House and Shields can run with him, but he's more physical so Shields struggles with that.

OK, OK.

I wasn't think 40 time at all.

Makes sense now.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 11:13 AM
You fucking guys and all yer smart talk and shit is making me smarter.

KY/Rands posts are what makes this freak show worth attending.

PBmax is numero uno

Bossman641
01-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Found some interesting stats....

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-divisional-playoffs-cowboys-packers-broncos-colts/

The Packers even struggle in the exact spot where the Cowboys run the ball best. Dallas loathes running the ball directly up the gut and instead chooses to run far more frequently behind its tackles. Thirty-six percent of Dallas’s carries this year went to left end or behind left tackle, which was the highest rate in football. The Cowboys’ vaunted offensive line was also wildly successful on those runs, producing the league’s sixth-most Adjusted Line Yards on runs behind left end and the third-best rate on runs at the left tackle.

Green Bay? It had problems. Teams ran toward its right side (the left side of the offense) at a league-average frequency, but fared well in the process. The Packers’ defensive front was 28th in Adjusted Line Yards allowed to left end and 30th on runs at left tackle. It got beaten up. Otherwise, the Packers ranked between 16th and 19th in runs to the rest of the field, so it wasn’t just a product of a bad defense; there’s something legitimate to worry about when Dallas runs DeMarco Murray to the left on Sunday. Given the likelihood that right tackle Doug Free will miss another game, the Packers can expect Jason Garrett & Co. to run behind the left side of the line even more frequently.

Early in the year the Packers had a lot of trouble with runs to the offense's LT, especially in regards to Clay playing the zone read incorrectly. Over the past few weeks I haven't noticed it being a huge problem though. Let's hope Perry is healthy and up to the task of shutting down the run to that side.

One other item of interest..

Interestingly enough, the Packers also have an enormous split in terms of DVOA by side. They’ve posted the league’s best DVOA (minus-37.6 percent) on throws to the right side of the offense, meaning they’re going up against the left cornerback, which is Tramon Williams’s side of the field.2 Elsewhere, Green Bay is 22nd in DVOA on throws to the left side of the field (where Sam Shields lies in wait) and a brutal 29th on throws up the middle. The Cowboys don’t keep their receivers on one side; Bryant has 39 receptions on throws toward the left side of the field and 43 on throws to the right side.

Struggles in the middle of the field are not surprising. I thought Shields was having a down year, but didn't realize it was as bad as it is.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 01:04 PM

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-divisional-playoffs-cowboys-packers-broncos-colts/

Early in the year the Packers had a lot of trouble with runs to the offense's LT, especially in regards to Clay playing the zone read incorrectly. Over the past few weeks I haven't noticed it being a huge problem though. Let's hope Perry is healthy and up to the task of shutting down the run to that side.

Struggles in the middle of the field are not surprising. I thought Shields was having a down year, but didn't realize it was as bad as it is.

Sam Shields is going to have a busy day Sunday. He'll be severely tested.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 01:17 PM
PBmax is numero uno

pbmax thinks that a Rod Marinelli defense without Suh, Ansah/Avril and Levy (from his Lions days) will not be able to perform the normal, physical Cover 2 or 2 Man voodoo that has hampered the Packers in recent times (goes for trouble with Bears Defense in Lovie's glory days).

He is missing a lineman and Rolando is hurt. I think there is a real chance the Packers can light them up.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 01:19 PM

Perry has made a difference here.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Perry has made a difference here.

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickperry/2533048/gamelogs

Nick Perry hasn't had a SACK since Oct. 19, 2014 Vs Carolina.

Up till then he didn't have any starts but he did manage 14 Tackles and 3 SACKS.

Since the Carolina game Nick Perry has had 4 starts ... 9 tackles and ZERO SACKS.

George Cumby
01-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Perrys job is to hold the edge and get the occasional sack/pressure. I'm fine with those numbers

Freak Out
01-09-2015, 01:54 PM
From what we have seen when Perry has been on the field he has done a great job in his new role.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 02:44 PM
There is no doubt Perry is not the finisher that Peppers or Matthews are. But he is physically able to hold up his containment one on one with any Tackle. He forces RBs back to his help. He plays with great leverage (the football direction kind of leverage, not an actual inclined plane).

When it happens, he will be an important part of stifling Seattle misdirection.

Fosco33
01-09-2015, 02:57 PM
A half dozen of Romo's throws looked 'off' last week. Murray has looked pretty pedestrian since his hand injury.

The game will rest on the left calf of 12. Keep him in the pocket and upright, feed Lacy (particularly in 2nd half) and I think a date with Seattle will be in our future.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 03:29 PM
A half dozen of Romo's throws looked 'off' last week. Murray has looked pretty pedestrian since his hand injury.

The game will rest on the left calf of 12. Keep him in the pocket and upright, feed Lacy (particularly in 2nd half) and I think a date with Seattle will be in our future.

Yup. Eddie Lacy has to play big in this game.

This game is all about........... nothing but ............. a WIN.

it doesn't have to be a statement 'W' or anything of that nature.

Just get the 'W' baby !

Fritz
01-09-2015, 04:53 PM
And no fumbles, Eddie. Zero.

Or anybody on the green and gold.

denverYooper
01-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Murray's due for a fumble.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Masthay snapping out of his funk would be ideal this weekend.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Football Outsiders ‏@fboutsiders 2h2 hours ago
A stat from our huge DAL-GB preview by @FO_ASchatz: GB D 1st in NFL vs right side passes, 22 vs left, 29 vs middle http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/sunday-divisional-round-preview-2015

Guiness
01-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Football Outsiders ‏@fboutsiders 2h2 hours ago
A stat from our huge DAL-GB preview by @FO_ASchatz: GB D 1st in NFL vs right side passes, 22 vs left, 29 vs middle http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/sunday-divisional-round-preview-

FIFY
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/sunday-divisional-round-preview-2015

So...they're saying Shields was spectacular, quite the opposite of what we all seem to think. Ranked near last over the short middle, where LBs should be in coverage, that is something we all agree with.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 07:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4739574/cowboys-will-stop-at-lambeau-field-on-saturday

Instead of traveling directly to the team’s hotel in Appleton, Wisconsin, on Saturday, the Cowboys will stop at Lambeau Field after arriving in Green Bay.

“That’s how we used to travel,” Garrett said. “We always did that for years. You’d get off the plane, go to the stadium with Jimmy [Johnson] and Coach [Barry] Switzer and other teams I’ve been on, that was always the routine. We always did our walk-through at the stadium in our suits and so … old school.”

Anyone in the area have a very long garden hose?

Or some friends who would like to replicate this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fygiSfJjTLc&list=PL578DDE0FA5037866&index=8

pbmax
01-09-2015, 07:58 PM
FIFY
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/sunday-divisional-round-preview-2015

So...they're saying Shields was spectacular, quite the opposite of what we all seem to think. Ranked near last over the short middle, where LBs should be in coverage, that is something we all agree with.

No, I thought they were saying Tramontana was spectacular and Shields had some issues.

Also, according to ESPN's stats (but charted here in FO), contrary to Bob, GB blitzed less after Week 10 and still got better pressure.

Pass Pressure for DAL O vs. GB D, 2014
Team ASR Rk Pressure Rate Rk
GB defense (Weeks 1-9) 5.5% 22 26.9% 7
GB defense (Weeks 10-17) 8.1% 10 23.9% 19
DAL offense 6.3% 17 22.7% 12

pbmax
01-09-2015, 08:06 PM
When Romo is not being pressured by the Packers, he needs to be looking primarily on the left and middle parts of the field, rather than the right. The Packers were the No. 1 defense in the NFL against passes on the offense's right, with exceptional DVOA ratings on both short and deep passes to that side. However, the Packers were 22rd against passes to the left and 29th against passes up the middle

Green Bay Cornerbacks, 2014
Player Charted
Targets Yd/Pass Suc Rate Avg
Pass Dist
Tramon Williams 67 8.1 46% 11.1
Sam Shields 62 6.8 61% 16.3
Davon House 38 4.5 68% 16.2
Micah Hyde 32 6.5 63% 10.4

pbmax
01-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9h9 hours ago
#Packer injury report:
Bostick removed from repport
Boyd probabable
House probable
Richardson questionable
Rodgers Probable
Sitton probable

pbmax
01-09-2015, 08:49 PM
M3 Press Conference Friday Edition

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 9h9 hours ago
MM: Aaron Rodgers came through with everything OK. He's progressing forward. I feel he'll be available for the game

MM on if he'd play if game wasn't more important: If medical staff felt he could go, he would go. Same as on the sideline in Detroit game

MM on pistol: Shotgun definitely helps. Doesn't have torque working under center. That'll help him

MM on weather: I don't ever worry about the weather. Only thing I look at is wind. I'm told it's between 6-8 mph

THERE WILL BE NO WEATHER DRAMA ON COACH'T WATCH. YOU HEAR ME JIM CANTORE!

MM on protecting AR: He has experience being smart in the pocket. We have a game plan. He looks good right now

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9h9 hours ago
McCarthy: (Rodgers) looks like he's moving fine to me right now. We're not going to change anything in our approach. #DALvsGB

MM on possibility of Dallas blitzing: They have pressure in their scheme. It's not very high. We like playing vs pressure.

If the Cowboys crank up the blitz, "that's fine ... We would welcome pressure," even with Rodgers hobbled.

MM on TT: Very consistent. Ted is so consistent in everything he does. That helps all of us. Not many highs and lows.

MM on Rolando McClain: I was happy for him. He's a fine football player. He has great range. He fits their scheme very well

#Packers have won time of possession 6 of last 7. Won all 6. More running game. Helped defense too, he says.

NOT GOING TO LIE. THIS ONE HURTS.

MM on fast starts at home: Never just one thing. Ability to play at Lambeau Field. Variables at every stadium. Think we're built for Lambeau

On Saturday Carolina-Seattle game. "I'm going to go right to the bed."

McCarthy on Ron Wolf and Greene for HOF: Wolf is a "Hall of Famer" so "hoping it works out for him."

MM: Kevin Greene. What a dynamic player. He did a great job for us as a coach. I'm hoping he'll get in. I know it's been close

McCarthy was conscious of Lacy's workload earlier in the year. Makes him fresh for playoffs.

denverYooper
01-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Rodgers has been on their timetable for rehab/recovery.

Dead On.

Kind of unusual...

pbmax
01-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Ro McClain and Mincey back, Hitchens and Terrell McCalin still out for Big D.

According to Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com, Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain and defensive end Jeremy Mincey were back on the practice field Friday after passing through the concussion protocol.

Both suffered concussions last week against the Lions.

The Cowboys were still without linebacker Anthony Hitchens and defensive tackle Terrell McClain (high ankle sprains) for the third straight day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/09/a-pair-of-cowboys-defenders-clear-concussion-protocol/

pbmax
01-09-2015, 08:55 PM

Dead On.

Kind of unusual...

Its been a weird season that way. Next thing you know ST will take it up a notch.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 09:35 PM

Dead On.

Kind of unusual...

given that they knew he was going to play no matter what, it was going to be pretty hard for him not to meet their schedule.

pbmax
01-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Boykin over Janis, this one is for Harlan. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jarrett-boykin-sees-few-snaps-jeff-janis-fewer-b99422948z1-288122711.html

McCarthy provided the answer in an interview last week.

"Jarrett Boykin is ahead of Jeff Janis," McCarthy said, indicating the difference was clear-cut both at wide receiver and on special teams.

"Jeff made some big plays. Had a couple good returns. Caught some vertical balls.

"But a lot of this is new for him. He's gotten better, but I still have Jarrett significantly in front of him. Jarrett works his butt off. That's a tough role. He's doing great."

Bob provides no quote to support that bolded assertion. But whether its literally true (B over J on all depth charts) or just Game Day true (ahead on necessary ST units), it seems clear that the coaches aren't ready to trust him over a disappointing player who none-the-less knows his assignments.

Which makes Boykin a young man's Hawk.

pbmax
01-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Clinton-Dix still making rookie mistakes, but its still better than last year. Also, Perry isn't the only one tracking his progress, Capers and M3 check in too. Problems in crude missed tackles and leaking big pass plays.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ha-ha-clinton-dix-earns-praise-from-packers-coaches-b99422951z1-288129891.html

Through the ups and downs of his rookie regular season, the Green Bay Packers steadfastly have praised the performance of free safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

Clinton-Dix, the 21st selection in the National Football League draft, has started 10 of 16 games and played 86.1% of the snaps.

"He still makes some young guy's mistakes sometimes," coach Mike McCarthy said. "But he's done a lot of good things. I think we all know he's going to be a very, very good football player.

pbmax
01-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Cowboys 8-0 road record in detail:

To be sure, the Cowboys didn’t exactly play a bunch of NFL juggernauts in their road games. Seven of the wins came against Tennessee, St. Louis, Jacksonville, the Giants, Chicago, Philadelphia and Washington. Those teams combined for 36 wins. Only the Eagles, which were 10-6, finished within shouting distance of .500. The eighth win, however, was the eye-opener: 30-23 at Seattle. The Packers, of course, were crushed 36-16 at Seattle a month earlier.

In the game against the Cowboys, Seachickens had some personnel issues:

1. Kam Chancellor was injured and not practicing
2. Bobby Wagner and Byron Maxwell were hurt during the game (Wagner came back)
3. Max Unger was out
4. Percy Harvin was still a member of the team

pbmax
01-10-2015, 02:16 PM
When Romo is not being pressured by the Packers, he needs to be looking primarily on the left and middle parts of the field, rather than the right. The Packers were the No. 1 defense in the NFL against passes on the offense's right, with exceptional DVOA ratings on both short and deep passes to that side. However, the Packers were 22rd against passes to the left and 29th against passes up the middle

Green Bay Cornerbacks, 2014
Player Charted
Targets Yd/Pass Suc Rate Avg
Pass Dist
Tramon Williams 67 8.1 46% 11.1
Sam Shields 62 6.8 61% 16.3
Davon House 38 4.5 68% 16.2
Micah Hyde 32 6.5 63% 10.4

Something odd here. FO says they got the cornerback sides mixed up when reading out of their database (Guin may have picked up on this). Which leads to a conundrum. Their DVOA stats read the Packer pass D on their right (offense's left) is phenomenal. On the left and middle its not good.

However, Tramon has had the worse season by their stats than Shields. That success rate is the defensive success rate for the DB. So he allows more yardage and more passes completed. Weird, because Shields has been beaten deeper more.

So that is the Packer defense in a nutshell; playing good on the side with the worse DB and playing terrible on the side with the better DB according to their numbers.

Guiness
01-10-2015, 04:02 PM
#Packer injury report:
Bostick removed from repport

As in erased? I bet they had this guy do it
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110117162712/marvel_dc/images/0/07/Eraser_BTBATB.png

Guiness
01-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Something odd here. FO says they got the cornerback sides mixed up when reading out of their database (Guin may have picked up on this). Which leads to a conundrum. Their DVOA stats read the Packer pass D on their right (offense's left) is phenomenal. On the left and middle its not good.

However, Tramon has had the worse season by their stats than Shields. That success rate is the defensive success rate for the DB. So he allows more yardage and more passes completed. Weird, because Shields has been beaten deeper more.

So that is the Packer defense in a nutshell; playing good on the side with the worse DB and playing terrible on the side with the better DB according to their numbers.

Thanks for the shout out. What they are saying passes the eyeball test now, but makes less sense when you look at the numbers. I think they've still got something wrong there.

Tramon is a lot worse when he's not playing on the left side, looks like about a 35% success rate.

The also mention House falling down a lot, but my favorite part of the tables: "Uncovered" has a 35% success rate.

pbmax
01-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the shout out. What they are saying passes the eyeball test now, but makes less sense when you look at the numbers. I think they've still got something wrong there.

Tramon is a lot worse when he's not playing on the left side, looks like about a 35% success rate.

The also mention House falling down a lot, but my favorite part of the tables: "Uncovered" has a 35% success rate.

Yeah, its been a while since I relied on their previews or DB breakdowns, so I don't even remember if Success Rate is an offensive or defensive rate. Its tough to parse, especially now since there is a discrepancy.