PDA

View Full Version : They'll be there ! The Joe and Troy Show @ Lambeau Sunday.

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 05:40 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/joe-buck-and-troy-aikman-love-the-packers-really-b99422107z1-287946241.html

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman love the Packers. No, really.

Fox Sports

By: Gary D'Amato of the Journal Sentinel

Jan. 8, 2015 1:00 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Yubba Dubba Doo !

Also see the video.. that evidently was produced before today's practise. Aaron Rodgers calf injury is covered in this video ....... plus more.

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Question:

How many here believe that this FOX team will be wishing the Packers well?

I'll start with a NAY!

Joemailman
01-08-2015, 06:35 PM
I've never understood the claim that they are biased against the Packers. They praise Rodgers and McCarthy on a regular basis.

woodbuck27
01-08-2015, 07:02 PM
I've never understood the claim that they are biased against the Packers. They praise Rodgers and McCarthy on a regular basis.

Troy Aikman loves Aaron Rodgers. It seems like their real friends.

The fact remains he's like Michael Irvin. Always a Cowboy.

Joe Buick likes :

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3CbgpjiGSZBVFBlFnipd51d68rH3HT Bym_9G6r8S3KWxyvvzj

a cheerleader that looks great in....

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJEFkoDEA7fhjCmFD4sIv1a10JaaA_S 2kRampnSQjRjOueoT6H

Well............ anything.

King Friday
01-08-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't think Aikman is anti-Packer...

But he will clearly be pro-Cowboy this weekend.

George Cumby
01-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Airman gushes over the Pack, TT, M3 and Rodgers.

He didn't do so when #4 was playing and he won't this weekend. I'm ok with that.

smuggler
01-09-2015, 12:32 AM
I don't think it's anti-Packer bias, I just don't like Troy Aikman as an analyst and I REALLY don't like Joe Buck as the play by play man. It's nothing against them personally, I just don't think they are all that good at their jobs.

KYPack
01-09-2015, 08:29 AM
I totally agree with the last 3 posts.

This is Fox's A crew. Buck has great pipes and a good sense of play by play rhythm. Nepotism is slightly in place here. Old Jack Buck was a spectacular play by play guy who would call a great game and then tell funny stories in the bar. He was universally loved by everybody in the business. Then the kid came along and had inherited Bucks great voice. But Joe is also an airhead and a freakin' frat boy. He is hated as much as his voice and timing are admired.

Troy? he's good, but his Favre hate was pronounced. Some of that has carried over to Pack hate. He's clever enough to understate it, but the the Pack has trouble, Aikman is the first guy on the broadcast to gleefully point out shortcomings. I hate both of 'em & don't care that I'm a homer for thinking that way.

Pugger
01-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Joe Buck should stick with baseball. Aikman is just as boring. What is rather funny is if you go to other teams' fan forums folks on these message boards all bitch about Buck and Aikman bemoaning how biased they are! :lol: Fox drives me crazy. The only reason I watch that network is because they broadcast NFC games. :p

denverYooper
01-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Best part of last week's Lions-Pokes game was when Troy stated on the first drive: "as good as the Cowboys' line is at run blocking, it's even better at pass blocking". The Cowboys line then proceeded to get pwned by Detroit's DL and array of DB blitzes. Romo and the backs share some of the blame there, but it was funny to hear Troy get flustered over the pressure that kept coming.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 09:22 AM
I never thought Aikman hated Favre, but I did suspect he didn't have much regard for his approach to the game tactically. It was all general blather, gunslinger, and rarely any insight into a position that the guy had played. Later, I suspect Aikman had not leaned the fine art of broadcast TV's "play the stars" angle, where everything from price of a beer at the stadium to traffic was affected by the QB or the star of that team.

Great play by play guys learn to tip their hat to the stars but make a point in addition to it. Once in a while, you got decent stories about hand size and how that affects QBs in adverse weather. But mostly commentary that wouldn't pass muster in a bar.

It just took Aikman time to get there. He does occasionally tell you something about being a QB you don't hear anywhere else.

I think KY nailed Buck's rep to the post. He is just doing a job, with good skills, but seems to take no joy in any of it. He father was a blast to listen to. Buck and Stramm used to do Monday Night Football on the radio and they were great.

Bossman641
01-09-2015, 09:58 AM
I know people find Buck obnoxious, but I don't mind him too much. Aikman is a different story however. I think he respects Rodgers from a tactical standpoint but there is no way that his pro-cowboy feelings don't come through during the broadcast.

KYPack
01-09-2015, 10:08 AM
I really hate Joe Buck . HBO tried to do a show called Joe Buck Live. Comedian Arte Lange destroyed that show after one showing.

it was hilarious.

Don't let the kiddies hear it, Arte says "fuck" about a thousand times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8y2Oi1lFk

Smidgeon
01-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Joe Buck should stick with baseball. Aikman is just as boring. What is rather funny is if you go to other teams' fan forums folks on these message boards all bitch about Buck and Aikman bemoaning how biased they are! :lol: Fox drives me crazy. The only reason I watch that network is because they broadcast NFC games. :p

Fox is still better than CBS from commentators to production.

HarveyWallbangers
01-09-2015, 10:11 AM
I like Buck. I don't know why some Packer fans think he's anti-Packer.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 10:38 AM

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/exclusive-nfl-on-fox-broadcast-teams-for-this-season.html

Fox's Kevin Burkhardt started the 2013 season as a rookie amongst the exclusive fraternity of NFL TV announcers and was best known for his work on the sidelines with the New York Mets. He ended the season on Fox's 'B Team' calling a Divisional Round playoff game with John Lynch.

Fox's A Team is Joe buck and Troy Aikman with Erin Andrews who replaced veteran reporter Pam Oliver on the sidelines.

Comment woodbuck27:

Read this article, LINK above to see why maybe Fox has taken a lead in NFL broadcasting.

hoosier
01-09-2015, 10:41 AM
I really hate Joe Buck . HBO tried to do a show called Joe Buck Live. Comedian Arte Lange destroyed that show after one showing.

it was hilarious.

Don't let the kiddies hear it, Arte says "fuck" about a thousand times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8y2Oi1lFk

That's hard core :-)

George Cumby
01-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Here's my question: who, currently in the business would you rather have announce the game?

I, generally prefer Buck-man to anyone else out there. CBS is horrible.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Here's my question: who, currently in the business would you rather have announce the game?

I agree. Either of the top two FOX crews are better than anything CBS.

For pure entertainment it's here.... now ....you may miss some plays: :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Jq18Wo2do

Harlan Huckleby
01-09-2015, 11:13 AM

I think they make a real effort to be unbiased, and they are not anti-Packer. But Aikman gets gloomy and complains about Cowboys' play whenever the opponent does well. And he gets excited when Cowboys make a play. He is a lifetime Dallas fan, of course.

woodbuck27
01-09-2015, 11:18 AM
I think they make a real effort to be unbiased, and they are not anti-Packer. But Aikman gets gloomy and complains about Cowboys' play whenever the opponent does well. And he gets excited when Cowboys make a play. He is a lifetime Dallas fan, of course.

I thought that Aikman went off air when Dallas was looking bad Vs Detroit.

He became silent.

Pugger
01-09-2015, 12:16 PM

Yes, but I don't watch any of their other programming.

Pugger
01-09-2015, 12:16 PM
I like Buck. I don't know why some Packer fans think he's anti-Packer.

I don't think he's anti-Packer but he's a little boring IMO.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 01:09 PM

I like Michaels/Collinsworth and Albert/Johnston/Goose better than Buck/Aikman. Goose I can take or leave, but you only hear from him 4 times a game.

Cheesehead Craig
01-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Gus Johnson!!!!

Smidgeon
01-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I like Michaels/Collinsworth and Albert/Johnston/Goose better than Buck/Aikman. Goose I can take or leave, but you only hear from him 4 times a game.

Can't stand goose. He adds nothing to a telecast.

George Cumby
01-09-2015, 01:52 PM

Albert/Collinsworth, I'm with you.

I like Albert, don't care for Johnston. Goose should take a dip in the South Polar Sea so the Japanese can "Harvest" him in the interests of "science".

King Friday
01-09-2015, 05:47 PM
There are two groups of people who generally do the best job of analysis in-game for the fans in my mind.

1. head coaches
2. linemen/linebackers

Few in the second group find their way in the booth during NFL broadcasts though...I guess the fat guys aren't pretty enough? Howie does a good job in the studio. That leaves it mostly to coaches. Brian Billick was a good analyst to me. Gruden is reasonable. Madden was more entertaining than informative, but still had more to offer than most analysts currently.

I'm generally not a fan of QBs doing analysis on a live game. Phil Simms? ugh. Troy Aikman? ZZZzzz... Trent Green? Yawn. I think the QBs do a better job when they are given a studio or post game gig...like Steve Young or Trent Dilfer. I can't think of too many that have been any good in the booth.

Tirico is hands down the best play-by-play guy currently. He has stuff to say, but not overly so. He's well balanced...he does tons of sports other than football. Al Michaels is showing his age, but still good.

King Friday
01-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Gus Johnson!!!!

I love Gus...but he's better on the sideline of a game played on hardwood.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Simms is a black hole. Where reason, thought and understanding are trapped, never to escape.

George Cumby
01-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Steve Young is fantastic on The Bay Area radio station here. It's a different medium, but he just starts telling stories and has some really good insight.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Simms is a black hole. Where reason, thought and understanding are trapped, never to escape.

unfortunately, the even horizon has a radius that envelopes Nance's head as well.

mraynrand
01-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Gus Johnson!!!!

love Gus Johnson. Like to pair him up with Lynch. That's your #1 team.

pbmax
01-09-2015, 10:07 PM
unfortunately, the even horizon has a radius that envelopes Nance's head as well.

Which would make his Master Coverage Gamma Rays and therefore deadly. I think that fits.

KYPack
01-10-2015, 04:53 AM
Many Packer fans hate Joe and Troy & I do, too.

This year, I went to the Packer Eagles game. Eagle fans hate Aikman and Buck with even more passion than an Arab hates the Jews. All Eagle fans hate J & T from birth. It is an pure, penetrating hate with no room for any positive emotions whatsoever.

They hated everything about Aikman, especially his Cowboyness. The game got away early, so the Philly fans got to vent their spleens about about their favorite NFL themes.

1. The NFL is rigged and the object of the rigging is the Eagles.
2. Buck and Troy are a significant part of the plot.
3. Aikman and Buck are gay.
4. So are Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez.

Eagles fans also have such a self hating world view, you find yourself agreeing with them as a matter of self preservation. They also felt that Lambeau was beautiful temple to NFL football and Packer fans were the nicest people they had ever met. But because they are from "the Hostile City", they don't view "nice" as something positive to be. One guy guy even asked me, "Why are the people here all so nice"?, but it was asked in a tone that nice was always to be viewed with strong suspicion.

So Buck and Troy hate has legs throughout the NFL.

smuggler
01-10-2015, 06:50 AM

All Michaels + anybody off the street = best crew in the biz

woodbuck27
01-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Many Packer fans hate Joe and Troy & I do, too.

This year, I went to the Packer Eagles game. Eagle fans hate Aikman and Buck with even more passion than an Arab hates the Jews. All Eagle fans hate J & T from birth. It is an pure, penetrating hate with no room for any positive emotions whatsoever.

Aikman and Buck are gay. partial quote from KYPack

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.charitybuzz.com/images/75558/original.jpg?1384608883

It's a heck of a cover up.

Michelle Beisner 'Joe Bucks wife' wearing Eagle Green.

Comment woodbuck27:

Joe Buck's as gay as Macho Maurice is a Cat's Ass.

KYPack
01-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Philly fans, Woody.

I'm quoting Philadelphia Eagle fans, who hate Joe Buck.

I don't think Joe B is gay.

I don't think gay men would fuck him either.

pbmax
01-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Eagles fans also have such a self hating world view, you find yourself agreeing with them as a matter of self preservation. They also felt that Lambeau was beautiful temple to NFL football and Packer fans were the nicest people they had ever met. But because they are from "the Hostile City", they don't view "nice" as something positive to be. One guy guy even asked me, "Why are the people here all so nice"?, but it was asked in a tone that nice was always to be viewed with strong suspicion.

East Coast baby!

woodbuck27
01-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Philly fans, Woody.

I'm quoting Philadelphia Eagle fans, who hate Joe Buck.

I don't think Joe B is gay.

I don't think gay men would fuck him either.

I got that KY and thus my reference to Eagle Green.

woodbuck27
01-10-2015, 09:12 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAht5Ap7eeRM6hV13goH8zpR_fGIaL4 3HZisK681_r__M3jAVL

Incidently and further to the YAK of Troy and Joe being GAY.

Here's a Pic of Troy Aikman and his wife Rhonda 'Worthey' Aikman taken in 2005. They were married in 2000.

They have three children. One by a former marriage of hers and two of their own.

Harlan Huckleby
01-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks, Woody. What a relief!

ThunderDan
01-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Gus Johnson!!!!

Gustav ducks for football but is awesome for boxing and mma!

ThunderDan
01-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Gustav ducks for football but is awesome for boxing and mma!

I love autocorrect. Gus suck for football but is awesome for boxing and mma!

Pugger
01-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Aikman is now divorced.

George Cumby
01-11-2015, 06:18 PM
They called a good game, and Aikman held his bias in check pretty well. I caught him go Homer a couple times and he immediately switched field to a more neutral commentary.

gbgary
01-11-2015, 08:00 PM
among some of the stupid things troy said today was one instance when WE had the ball and he said "that last touchdown for dallas has seemed to take the wind our of the crowd."

pbmax
01-11-2015, 08:05 PM
among some of the stupid things troy said today was one instance when WE had the ball and he said "that last touchdown for dallas has seemed to take the wind our of the crowd."

Had to assume a lot of context for that observation to be true.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 08:09 PM

His insistance that a 50 yard kick in Lambeau in January was "well within the range" of the Cowboy kicker was the the dumbest thing he said. But, as I noted in the game thread, he never came to actually play a game up here in the winter, so he's clueless.

Teamcheez1
01-11-2015, 08:17 PM
After watching John Lynch and whatever the yahoo he was with gush all over the Seahawks last night, I realized you can do worse then Buck and Aikman.

ThunderDan
01-11-2015, 08:51 PM
His insistance that a 50 yard kick in Lambeau in January was "well within the range" of the Cowboy kicker was the the dumbest thing he said. But, as I noted in the game thread, he never came to actually play a game up here in the winter, so he's clueless.

Actually, in warm-ups Crosby was nailing 48 yarders and hitting the net behind the goal post. It was a perfect weather day in Lambeau 28 degrees and NO wind. The flags were limp even on top of the stadium.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Actually, in warm-ups Crosby was nailing 48 yarders and hitting the net behind the goal post. It was a perfect weather day in Lambeau 28 degrees and NO wind. The flags were limp even on top of the stadium.

Crosby has been kicking in Lambeau for almost a decade...the Cowboys kicker has not.

denverYooper
01-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Crosby has been kicking in Lambeau for almost a decade...the Cowboys kicker has not.

And Troy is a homer at times.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Woody. What a relief!

That's not proof of no confusion. :???:

See post #65.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Aikman is now divorced.

Your correct and I missed that.

I was so happy for him I finished reading too soon.

His divorce was finalized on April 12, 2011

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 09:33 PM
After watching John Lynch and whatever the yahoo he was with gush all over the Seahawks last night, I realized you can do worse then Buck and Aikman.

John Lynch is decent IMO and does color on FOX with broadcaster Kevin Burkhardt.

Yes Kevin Burkhardt was a tad over enthusiastic announcing Carolina @ Seattle.

Noodle
01-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Aikman doesn't like the Pack? Did anyone hear his post-game comments? Aikman said A-Rod's performance, given the calf injury, was the finest he had ever seen in a playoff game by a quaterback. Ever.

He may have had his issues with Favre, but not so with A-Rod.

gbgary
01-11-2015, 11:11 PM
Had to assume a lot of context for that observation to be true.

guess he's never noticed EVERY TIME the Packers have the ball the crowd gets silent so the offense, and everyone watching, can hear the signals/calls.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 11:14 PM
guess he's never noticed EVERY TIME the Packers have the ball the crowd gets silent so the offense, and everyone watching, can hear the signals/calls.

:lol:

That or that he has noticed a decrease in decibels when the Boys had the ball. On the previous possession.

gbgary
01-12-2015, 06:57 PM
:lol:

That or that he has noticed a decrease in decibels when the Boys had the ball. On the previous possession.

but he said it when the Pack had the ball. if he meant it the other way he woulda/shoulda said it when dal had the ball.

Pugger
01-12-2015, 08:36 PM

I noticed Sitton was in there blocking FGs yesterday so that helped a lot.

ThunderDan
01-12-2015, 09:04 PM
I noticed Sitton was in there blocking FGs yesterday so that helped a lot.

At one point I thought we were going for two after a touchdown because I say all of the big boys stay in after the TD.