PDA

View Full Version : Well it was a fun year

Tony Oday
01-11-2015, 12:27 AM
No chance to make it to the big game this year. Seattle will throttle us if we can even make it by the Cowboys. In the off-season we need a different DC, MUCH better NT, DE and two new ILBs. I would like to see consistancy on the O Line and we need a real TE and I think we are set on the Offensive side of the ball.

smuggler
01-11-2015, 12:52 AM
Most likely, Seattle will take it, but we'll have a puncher's chance if we get past Dallas.

Bretsky
01-11-2015, 12:53 AM
We have a change; I agree with Wist it's about 25%

AROD will have to be GREAT against the Hawks to give us a punchers chance

Tony Oday
01-11-2015, 01:02 AM
We have a Glass Joe's chance of beating Little Mac.

smuggler
01-11-2015, 01:09 AM
I have said it before, but I think we're closer to 1/3 (or better) than 1/4. But, they will be favored. And with good reason.

I think Lacy gives us the best chance. Get the running game going, control the clock, and build a modest lead. When the start trying to cheat the run, that's when Rodgers shows them his dagger.

Tyrion Lannister
01-11-2015, 03:27 AM
No chance to make it to the big game this year. Seattle will throttle us if we can even make it by the Cowboys. In the off-season we need a different DC, MUCH better NT, DE and two new ILBs. I would like to see consistancy on the O Line and we need a real TE and I think we are set on the Offensive side of the ball.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to take down my Packers flag and put up my Patriots flag. I am a fair-weather Pats fan, after all.

I hope Belichick wins it all just to stick it to all the haters who doesn't believe Belichick's Way is the right way to do business in the NFL. 5 Supers Bowls and haters still hate the guy.

Btw, genius, that 4 OLmen formation the Pats threw at Baltimore on Saturday. Genius. Pure Genius. Harbaugh cried about it afterward, like a sore loser.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 06:16 AM
I cannot see past today.

I want to see how the Packers perform vs Dallas before I could possibly determine what chance this Packer team has in Seattle.

I don't like it that so much in terms of prediction seems to be determined by the health of one man.

Seeing a team that's close 'just close' sucks.

** Wide Receiver:

Where is the NO. 4 receiver?

**The Tight End Position:

Look at these TE's:

NE's Gronkowski NO.1 and 131 receptions; Carolina's Greg Olsen NO.3 and 123 receptions; Dallas's Jason Witten NO.5 and 90 receptions ; Denver's Julius Thomas NO. 7 and 62 receptions

Indy's Coby Fleener NO. 9 and 92 receptions; Indy's Dwayne Allen NO. 11 and 49 receptions and NE's Tim Wright NO. 13 and 33 receptions and Baltimore's Owen Daniels NO. 15 and 78 receptions.

Green Bay's Andrew Quarless NO.23 and 46 receptions.

Green Bay's Richard Rodgers NO. 34 and 30 receptions.

There's a lot to be desired at the TE position.

** The Run and Pass Defense:

What will TT do with the middle of the DL? Give BJ Raji another 3-5 Million dollars or more!? I hope he offers him a job at a greatly reduced pay cut. I don't see cutting him a break because he was injured. TT has to get help at DT.

So many in here are high on 1st Rd. Picks Nick Perry and Datone Jones. We need to see more production from these guys.:

RDE Datone Jones 2nd Season ... 17 Tackles and 5 Assists - 1.5 Sacks - 1 Pick and ZERO FF's. His SACK production declined in 2014.

Backup to Julius Peppers @ ROLB Nick Perry 3rd Season ... **17 Tackles and 3 Assists - 3 Sacks - 1 FF - 1 FR - 1
PD.

** 11 of those 20 combined Tackles and 2 of the 3 Sacks were in the first five games in the season. He played the last half of the season with 9 combined tackles and ZERO Sacks.

** The Middle of the OL:

AJ Hawk have a look:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9591/a.j.-hawk

Brad Jones ...why was he retained!?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12675/brad-jones

** Cornerback:

TT has to address the position in this off season. Tramone Williams is aging. Sam Shields slipped this season. The Packers need more depth and size at Cornerback.

** Special Teams:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst/

The 'only' Top Team ranked lower than Green Bay in Special Teams is Denver.

The Packers are in the bottom third of the NFL in regards to it's Kick Return Team. .

There are 'only three teams' with inferior punting stats.

This needs to be fixed.

gbgary
01-11-2015, 06:20 AM
wtf?

SkinBasket
01-11-2015, 06:25 AM
wtf?

bunch of pussies.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Fuck this! Let's concentrate on the cowboys before we get our panties all askew about the seachickens....

denverYooper
01-11-2015, 08:19 AM
bunch of pussies.

This.

denverYooper
01-11-2015, 08:27 AM
People are going to be surprised when Seattle has to face a good offense next week, for the first time in months.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 08:49 AM
bunch of pussies.

Repped.

Seachickens will eat crow next Sunday. Lang will collapse Kam's internal organs if he jumps over Goode like he did to Carolina. Posters are acting like a beaten dog around here. At least be a tough as Pugger!

KYPack didn't freeze off three fingers at the Ice Bowl just to have you surrender 1+ week early.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Repped.

Seachickens will eat crow next Sunday. Lang will collapse Kam's internal organs if he jumps over Goode like he did to Carolina. Posters are acting like a beaten dog around here. At least be a tough as Pugger!

KYPack didn't freeze off three fingers at the Ice Bowl just to have you surrender 1+ week early.

Baloney ! hahahahaha

If your buying into Tony Oday as being serious your being taken.

There is no more positive Packer fan than Tony Oday.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Tony is reverse jinxing it. I am talking about the responses.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Tony is reverse jinxing it. I am talking about the responses.

Nobody sells out Green Bay Vs Dallas today in this thread.

A certain poster simply doesn't have a real grip on the membership here.

Bossman641
01-11-2015, 09:16 AM
People are going to be surprised when Seattle has to face a good offense next week, for the first time in months.

THIS

red
01-11-2015, 09:22 AM
we have a much better offense then the panthers do, of course that all hinges on a-rod not getting hurt worse today

however our defense is gonna get eaten alive by wilson imo

George Cumby
01-11-2015, 09:28 AM
bunch of pussies.

Fuckin' A.

Tony Oday
01-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Wilson?! Lynch will run for 250.

KYPack
01-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Oh well. Guess I'll have to take down my Packers flag and put up my Patriots flag. I am a fair-weather Pats fan, after all.

I hope Belichick wins it all just to stick it to all the haters who doesn't believe Belichick's Way is the right way to do business in the NFL. 5 Supers Bowls and haters still hate the guy.

Btw, genius, that 4 OLmen formation the Pats threw at Baltimore on Saturday. Genius. Pure Genius. Harbaugh cried about it afterward, like a sore loser.

That's a smashing idea, Tanky.

Go to a Patriot's forum.

Why all but 3 posters on this one hate your guts for trolling.

On a Patriot forum, some of 'em might believe the shutdown story for a couple days.

Good place to go after the ban on you here is enforced.

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2015, 11:01 AM
wow

wist43
01-11-2015, 11:07 AM
We just can't stand up to tough, physical teams - it is what it is, and it has been that way for many years now.

The best chance we had was not this year - it was last year, when we still had a stout DL. Of course a better DL was countered by the ILB mess, and the mess at S, so maybe it would be a push; but either way, we simply don't play good enough defense to go toe-to-toe with these tough/physical teams.

The last few years it's been SF, now it's Seattle... if those teams, or those types of teams were playing back in our SB year, we wouldn't have won that year either. It is what it is.

It's philosophical - especially on defense.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 11:11 AM
We just can't stand up to tough, physical teams - it is what it is, and it has been that way for many years now.

The best chance we had was not this year - it was last year, when we still had a stout DL. Of course a better DL was countered by the ILB mess, and the mess at S, so maybe it would be a push; but either way, we simply don't play good enough defense to go toe-to-toe with these tough/physical teams.

The last few years it's been SF, now it's Seattle... if those teams, or those types of teams were playing back in our SB year, we wouldn't have won that year either. It is what it is.

It's philosophical - especially on defense.

Straight up...do the Packers lose to the Cowboys today?

3irty1
01-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Watching the Carolina game made me feel a bit more confident about a purely hypothetical game against Seattle.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Hell yes, we win today. And again, Rogers does not have his best day, which he will have next week when we surprise da hell out of everyone called wist43 and beat the seachickens.

Freak Out
01-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Fuck this thread.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Those 12 wins came against the only team in the League weaker than the Packers. Teams like the Lions, Panthers and Patriots. C'MON!

Patriots could hardly beat the Ravens!

King Friday
01-11-2015, 11:22 AM
I can't wait to go on an expletive laden tirade about the Seahawks after we thrash those damn Cowboys.

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2015, 11:24 AM

Packers could hardly beat Patriots at home!

Tyrion Lannister
01-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Those 12 wins came against the only team in the League weaker than the Packers. Teams like the Lions, Panthers and Patriots. C'MON!

Sarcasm?

In the playoff, it doesn't matter how you win as long as you win. Winning is the only thing, said a wise Italian.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Packers could hardly beat Patriots at home!

Psst, Ravens possess the magical physicality that according to some posters is the magic elixir to winning 3 Super Bowls in a row.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Sarcasm?

In the playoff, it doesn't matter how you win as long as you win. Winning is the only thing, said a wise Italian.

Its actually both. You couldn't parse the intent there with an Enigma machine.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 11:39 AM

I think our defense stands a better chance after the chances that have been made. Yes, we are still at a disadvantage...but the kids like Perry/Jones/etc are starting to hold up better in the front 7 and we have more athletes on the field now.

Honestly, I don't think our defense has been the killer in the last year plus. It is our offense that needs to bring some fresh ideas to the table against elite defenses. Deciding to just not throw at all to one side of the field is dumb ass. We have the talent to create mismatches against ANYONE. McCarthy just needs to do it.