PDA

View Full Version : Russell "MONEY" Wilson

Bretsky
01-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Time for some Mea Culpa's :)

Anybody take note of Russell Wilson on 3rd down today ???????

8 for 8
190 yards
3 Touchdowns (all stats stolen from ESPN)

This dude is primetime. Those who don't understand what Seattle asks him to do use that as a crutch to undermine his accomplishments

This guy is primetime. I had the pleasure of watching him for one mere season at the UW and in Bert B's worst year of coaching he managed to f'ck up the one season we had a shot to run the table through the Big Ten. I constantly called him the 2nd best QB in the State of Wisconsin while he was in college.

Mr Clutch. It's just not fair to the rest of the NFL that Seattle got this buy for under 500G a year the last couple years.

I don't care if he mucks up next week (perhaps part of the reason I create this thread is a whammy of sorts).....this guy is primetime and deserves some high high praise from the doubters.

I hear Camp Randall..........CHANTING...LETS ALL JOIN TOGETHER THIS WEEK...IT FEELS GOOD................Those had the pleasure of watching his greatness at the U appreciate

RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl
RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

smuggler
01-11-2015, 01:16 AM
He definitely played to the spotlight today. But, his job is still the easiest of all 32 QBs in the league. He just does it very well.

Bretsky
01-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Easiest in the NFL ? Maybe. Should we downgrade him and blame him for that ? Certainly not. He does exactly what they ask him to do.

If I'm going into a playoff game, there are not many QB's you take above. Some, but not many

Tyrion Lannister
01-11-2015, 03:15 AM
Wilson does a nice job managing games, but Ima stop short of calling him a game-manger. I don't think he calls audibles much, and can't recall a time he led the Gulls back from a 14 points deficit.

Will be interesting to see how Wilson fares without the Skittles Beast, you know that dreaded RB that Thompson refused to trade a 3rd rounder for. Rumors have it that tis the Dreaded Skittles Beast's last season in Coffee-Fish Town, aka, Seattle.

gbgary
01-11-2015, 06:21 AM
was good!

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Easiest in the NFL ? Maybe. Should we downgrade him and blame him for that ? Certainly not. He does exactly what they ask him to do.

If I'm going into a playoff game, there are not many QB's you take above. Some, but not many

That's why he's going to be paid a boatload of money very soon. A second consecutive Super Bowl win will open the bank. Aaron Rodgers will no longer be the highest paid QB without an adjustment.

Russell Wilson has certainly got it !

Russell Wilson is a fine leader and very intelligent. He's exciting to watch and he's cool.

Questions:

How will he do in a Seattle future without Marshawn Lynch? Without others that will leave to get their due?

Pugger
01-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Wilson does a nice job managing games, but Ima stop short of calling him a game-manger. I don't think he calls audibles much, and can't recall a time he led the Gulls back from a 14 points deficit.

Will be interesting to see how Wilson fares without the Skittles Beast, you know that dreaded RB that Thompson refused to trade a 3rd rounder for. Rumors have it that tis the Dreaded Skittles Beast's last season in Coffee-Fish Town, aka, Seattle.

I know how you feel about TT but I'll humor you here: How in the hell do you know if TT "refused" to trade a 3rd rounder? You have to remember Seattle could offer Buffalo a better/higher draft pick than we could so I'd wager it was BUFFALO who decided to trade with the seachickens instead of us. It was in the best interest of the Bills to get the best possible deal for them.

Tyrion Lannister
01-11-2015, 10:39 AM
I know how you feel about TT but I'll humor you here: How in the hell do you know if TT "refused" to trade a 3rd rounder? You have to remember Seattle could offer Buffalo a better/higher draft pick than we could so I'd wager it was BUFFALO who decided to trade with the seachickens instead of us. It was in the best interest of the Bills to get the best possible deal for them.

For Beast Mode, Seattle gave up a 4th rounder and a conditional pick (turned out to be 5th rounder). Buffalo would be stupid to refuse a 3rd rounder.

Yea, yea, we now have Lacy and Lacy is younger. But The Hog ain't the Skittles Beast. You don't see Lacy breaking 11 tackles on a 60 yards TD run.

esoxx
01-11-2015, 11:28 AM
He did win me $40 last night so agree he is MONEY.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Wilson is an elite QB IMO. He is very similar to Joe Montana. He's not going to put up ridiculous stats...but he doesn't make mistakes and absolutely KILLS you when it counts.

smuggler
01-11-2015, 01:38 PM
He's basically a game manager that doesn't suck.

Kind of like a "good route runner" at receiver that's also fast.

Bretsky
01-11-2015, 01:40 PM
we could not disagree more

Trent Dilfer was a game manager

King Friday
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
we could not disagree more

Trent Dilfer was a game manager

Yep...Russell Wilson is a damn good QB. He proved that at Wisconsin for crying out loud...who doesn't exactly have great talent at the receiver position. He is not simply a game manager...he WINS games by throwing to trash like Luke Wilson.

3irty1
01-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Nobody is THAT much better than Wilson. When you account for the salary he sucks up, he's the single most valuable football player on the planet.

Teamcheez1
01-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Russell Wilson has never played in a game in the NFL where his team didn't have the lead. That is an amazing stat. It makes it easier to execute your game plan and not have to take chances to win the game. Big difference there.

Look at the difference with AR when he has the lead vs. playing form behind.

esoxx
01-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Russell Wilson has never played in a game in the NFL where his team didn't have the lead. That is an amazing stat. It makes it easier to execute your game plan and not have to take chances to win the game. Big difference there.

Yes, that makes complete sense. He certainly has never been behind in an NFL game before.

Bretsky
01-11-2015, 06:40 PM

not sure what you are trying to say but the above is not right or he'd be undefeated

Teamcheez1
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
not sure what you are trying to say but the above is not right or he'd be undefeated

You're right. I stated it incorrectly. The Seahawks have had a lead at some point in every game he has played on (although they may have lost the lead during the game and lost).

gbgary
01-11-2015, 07:57 PM
he's more than a game manager. he's a complete player...the real deal.

call_me_ishmael
01-11-2015, 08:24 PM
If i've said it once, I've said it one thousand times. If Russell Wilson is 6'4", he goes #2 overall in that draft. I don't think he beats out Andy Luck - but he is a thicker RG3 with a better arm, better attitude and much better leadership. I had the privilege of seeing him several times at UW. He had a big time arm. It seems more average in the NFL - but for a college QB it was clear that he was amazing and would be very good in the pros.

The Seahawks are going to make him the highest paid player in the NFL this offseason. The 23-25M loss of cap room will level the playing field for some of these other teams. Seattle is going to have to let some very good players go at some point.

Zool
01-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Where is O'Dell Thurmond lately?

Pugger
01-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Yep...Russell Wilson is a damn good QB. He proved that at Wisconsin for crying out loud...who doesn't exactly have great talent at the receiver position. He is not simply a game manager...he WINS games by throwing to trash like Luke Wilson.

Wilson can kill you with his legs more than his arm IMO and that is what makes him a pain in the tail.

Pugger
01-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Nobody is THAT much better than Wilson. When you account for the salary he sucks up, he's the single most valuable football player on the planet.

Not for long however. He's gonna demand Seattle open up their wallet BIG TIME very soon.