01-11-2015, 11:34 AM
lol who won?

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Cool, HH invented a time machine.

esoxx
01-11-2015, 11:51 AM
lol who won?

Are you really this obtuse? Obviously if Peppers forced a game changing fumble they won the game.

I don't mind the thread but it should have been titled UNofficial.

Tyrion Lannister
01-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Are you really this obtuse? Obviously if Peppers forced a game changing fumble they won the game.

I don't mind the thread but it should have been titled UNofficial.

Peppers forced a game-changing fumble in week 17 last season. The Bears didn't win that game.

Gotta be concise!

Bretsky
01-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Winners -
Mike Daniels
Casey Hayward
Peppers - that forced fumble turned the game
Scott Tolzien - unbelievable.

Losers
Slocum
Davon House - terrible, should not have been active

SHIT..........HOPEFULLY A GOOD CALL

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Devante Adams gets the game ball

Maxie the Taxi
01-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Cobb was a definite Winner. The guy is a 1st down machine and the last catch he made was for the game.

Richard Rodgers had a huge catch in the back of the end zone.

Lacy was a beast.

Stubby saved himself from being a loser by challenging that Bryant catch.

I am a Loser because I said it was a stupid challenge.

MadtownPacker
01-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Cobb was a definite Winner. The guy is a 1st down machine and the last catch he made was for the game.

Lacy was a beast.

I am a Loser because I said it was a stupid challenge.You for not having Adams on your list.

Maxie the Taxi
01-11-2015, 03:29 PM
You for not having Adams on your list.

Adams sucks, Mad! (I thought you said it's a Karma thing.)

And let me say you just made a stupid challenge.:-)

Bossman641
01-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Winners
Rodgers
Lacy
Cobb
Adams
Money Mase
McCarthy
1st half Peppers

Losers
Whoever was blocking Mincey
Jerruh

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2015, 03:36 PM
All of the WRs were beasts. On offense everybody is a winner--except Lang and Quarless.

MadtownPacker
01-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Adams sucks, Mad! (I thought you said it's a Karma thing.)

And let me say you just made a stupid challenge.:-)
I can't prove it but immediately I yelled he never had possession and that M3 should challenge it.

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2015, 03:54 PM
The blind squirrel phenomena finally kicked-in for Mike on the challenge

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2015, 04:04 PM
All of the WRs were beasts. On offense everybody is a winner--except Lang and Quarless.

And the punter..

pbmax
01-11-2015, 04:20 PM

Even they did something positive: Lang was a beast in pass pro and Q had a nice TD and three other catches.

Tyrion Lannister
01-11-2015, 04:33 PM

Seemed like Nelson did not show up.

He's gonna have to show up next week.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Lacy was a beast.

I am a Loser because I said it was a stupid challenge.

ON OFFENSE:

I agree with all you wrote above. Don't be tough on yourself and MM's flag. Did you see it from a good angle? The action as a whole sure looks like a solid catch.... that wasn't. I too thought that MM had done it again and threw a flag for nothing. I'm really glad I was wrong. :clap: MM !!

I have to add Aaron Rodgers as he recovered big time in the second half and he had an overall solid day.

The last catch on the Rodgers deflected pass was astonishingly great. Cobb has some abs to make that stretch catch.

Devante Adams was super today. I'm guessing he comes to play for huge games Vs solid teams.

Eddie Lacy is simply...what ever is not to like. Eddie is the MAN.

ON DEFENSE:

Julius Peppers had a great day ! Overall 4 tackles and 2 Assisted tackles a SACK and 2 Forced Fumbles.

Nick Perry had 3 Tackles and 1 Assisted tackle and 1.5 Sacks. A great effort for this man who was due.

Mike Neale had 4 tackles and 2 Assists and a 0.5 Sack.

Clay Matthews as usual worked his tail off....2 Tackles and 2 Assists.

Bad:

I thought our cornerbacks had a rough day. Will Sam Shields soon recover? WE need this young CB to step up next week.

AJ Hawk had 1 tackle and 2 Assists and looked surprized one time. Hahaha

His partner in crime Brad Jones is just bad news.

denverYooper
01-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Devante Adams gets the game ball

The second half was a heck of a time for him to turn into Mr. Reliable.

denverYooper
01-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Somehow the defense had a great day. I still don't understand it, but they managed to play some great situational football.

Peppers strip of Murray and Perry's back to back sack and a half were something else.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Somehow the defense had a great day. I still don't understand it, but they managed to play some great situational football.

Peppers strip of Murray and Perry's back to back sack and a half were something else.

Yeah. That was the Defenses season in a nutshell. Good and vulnerable all at once.

pittstang5
01-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Winner: Me in the Garage.

I'm seriously thinking I'll set up shop out there next week. However, I hate not seeing what is going on.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Winners:

pitt's Garage
Rodgers
Lacy/Starks
Cobb
Adams
Rodgers the Bigger

Losers

The art of tackling
Tramontana
Boyd
Quarless (hard to argue about 4 catches but that penalty nearly cost them big time and it was his second)
Jones (had the tackle on 3rd down to create 4th and incomplete to Dez but otherwise seemed to be playing a different sport)

Maxie the Taxi
01-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Winners:

pitt's Garage
Rodgers
Lacy/Starks
Cobb
Adams
Rodgers the Bigger

Losers

The art of tackling
Tramontana
Boyd
Quarless (hard to argue about 4 catches but that penalty nearly cost them big time and it was his second)
Jones (had the tackle on 3rd down to create 4th and incomplete to Dez but otherwise seemed to be playing a different sport)

Sure invented a new way to defend against the screen pass...tackle the RB before the ball is thrown.

George Cumby
01-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Winner: Me in the Garage.

I'm seriously thinking I'll set up shop out there next week. However, I hate not seeing what is going on.

They also serve, those who stand and wait.

Your sacrifice is duly noted.

Maxie the Taxi
01-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Re: "the art of tackling"...With a few notable exceptions, Indy is putting on a clinic in Denver.

George Cumby
01-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Winners:

Lang: I like chippy.
ThunderDan: take us home, Homeboy.
Peppers/Perry/D.Jones/Matthews: Bring me some HEAT, Mon!

Losers:

Fox: where was the obligatory Jerry Jones sour puss shot?

Rutnstrut
01-11-2015, 06:16 PM
LOSER- Brad Jones and any staff member that thinks he is good enough to be on the Packer roster.

I don't agree with those that put Lang in the loser category, it's good to see someone on this team playing with heart/emotion.

red
01-11-2015, 06:45 PM
brad jones needs to be cut ASAP

Maxie the Taxi
01-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Adams, Quarles and the OL seemed to find another gear in the second half. I think all of them got their dander up for one reason or another. I think the dust up Lang had got the entire OL charged up.

George Cumby
01-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Adams, Quarles and the OL seemed to find another gear in the second half. I think all of them got their dander up for one reason or another. I think the dust up Lang had got the entire OL charged up.

I loved Bakhtiari grabbing the DAL DL by the back of the shoulder pads and throwing him to the ground. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 07:41 PM
brad jones needs to be cut ASAP

And who do you play in his place? Everyone keeps saying this but dreck on the street is dreck on the street for a reason.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Losers:

Here you go.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde ยท 3h 3 hours ago
Oh, @GovChristie. RT @algattullo: Reaction when Dez play overturned

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7GnGLfCcAA0dlI.jpg:large

Iron Mike
01-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Losers:

Winners: Packer Rats, 'cuz Iron Mike delivers in the clutch:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10252011_10152955450939014_3876665064646858255_n.j pg?oh=0fe3df5f6d889ce741c13cf8a6225ee4&oe=55337AD4&__gda__=1429045931_54528611b668c513e4ce9bd2d2100ae e

Iron Mike
01-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Well, fuck me runnin' .....that little girl is obviously a closet Packers fan.

TravisWilliams23
01-11-2015, 08:10 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10252011_10152955450939014_3876665064646858255_n.j pg?oh=0fe3df5f6d889ce741c13cf8a6225ee4&oe=55337AD4&__gda__=1429045931_54528611b668c513e4ce9bd2d2100ae e[/QUOTE]

That little girl with the smile must be a Packerfan. Everyone else is devastated and she's just smiling away like she enjoyed that particular play.

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2015, 08:20 PM
beautiful

denverYooper
01-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Little Geoffrey is displeased.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
My take...

Winners
1. A Rodgers...the guy came out on one good leg. As Clint Eastwood once famously said in a movie..."A man's gotta know his limitations." Rodgers did not seem to know his during the first 35-40 minutes of this game. Then, he just said "Aw, fuck it" and decided to start to being the guy who won the MVP this year (because he did) and carried the offense on his back in the 4th quarter.
2. D Adams...for the second time this season, the rookie decided to show up and make a meaningful impact. When he does this, he shows signs of being a true #1 caliber WR. The sky is the limit for this kid if he puts his nose to the grindstone this offseason and embraces learning every inch of the playbook. He has the physicality that is missing in Jordy's game...and the size that is missing in Cobb's game.
3. J Peppers...while it wasn't a complete game for him, he made the impact plays when needed. He came out early and set a tone with some big pressures and a forced fumble on Romo. His strip of Murray potentially saved a scoring drive by the Cowboys, because Murray was running for 30+ or more on the play if Pepper's paws don't get in there. At times, he got obliterated in the run game...but he's one win away from his goal of getting back to the Super Bowl.
4. A Quarless. Whoever said that Quarless is a loser clearly did NOT watch the same game this afternoon that I did. For starters, when Randall Cobb fumbled on that kickoff return, it was Quarless who somehow got to the bottom of that pile and got the ball when it looked like there was no way in hell a Packer would come up with it. That alone gets him a winner in my book...because we were down 8 already, and it would've been at least another 3 if Q doesn't get that ball. Throw in a TD reception and 3 other catches, and he had a very good game.

Loser
1. Brad Fucking Jones...how the hell does this guy still have a job? No one...I mean NO ONE...screws up more than this guy, and I don't understand how a guy like Thompson can stand watching him play without wanting to take out a sword and chopping his head off. Whoever in the game thread said that Jones is now to the point where he has surpassed Bush at his low water mark is absolutely correct. If Jones steps on the field, a major fuck up is about to occur. It is virtually on par with death and taxes at this point.
2. Tramontana...several pitiful tackling attempts...several plays where he was burnt more than toast at Denny's...and it wasn't like he was covering Dez Bryant. He was covering some mediocre receivers much of the time. The guy is clearly hitting the downside of his career. He is not the player he used to be.
3. TJ Lang...while I understand why he did what he did on the play where he was flagged, it was an incredibly DUMB move. Your team is about to score a TD to take the lead and swing momentum in the game. Coming in and delivering some monster hit to an unsuspecting defensive player at the whistle is NOT a good idea anytime, but especially then. That penalty could have been the thing we are all pointing tonight as costing us the 4 points we needed to win the game if the replay doesn't go our way.
4. The Cowboys. And in the end, that is all that matters.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 09:02 PM
I don't agree with those that put Lang in the loser category, it's good to see someone on this team playing with heart/emotion.

There is heart...and there is stupidity. That was a stupid play, even if I understand the emotion. It could've cost us the game. You better believe he will get a tongue lashing for it.

If you want heart and emotion, blow someone off the LOS at the snap. Why does it have to be on a cheap shot at the whistle when your team is about to grab momentum?

King Friday
01-11-2015, 09:04 PM
On that fabulous picture of Jerry's box...I can't tell if Chris Christie is upset, or just trying to stuff another chicken wing in his mouth.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Dammit, forgot about Peppers.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Technically, this has nothing to do with the game, but I'll throw it in...

The Detroit Lions official tweet after the Dez Bryant reception overrule was the perfect snarky cherry on top of the whole pass interference blowup from last week.

"Sorry @dallascowboys. We know the feeling"...referencing the Calvin Johnson no-catch, with the obvious double meaning toward last week.

+1 to the Lions...if only they could find a coach as effective as their Twitter operator.

Guiness
01-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Losers: Cowboys franchise, a few FAs there who shouldn't be

Coach Jason Garrett and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli are now free to leave Dallas. So are running back DeMarco Murray and receiver Dez Bryant.

That's going to cost some coin. Well, maybe not so much Marinelli, but all the others for sure. Murray is going to cash in, devalued position or not.

Rutnstrut
01-11-2015, 10:15 PM
There is heart...and there is stupidity. That was a stupid play, even if I understand the emotion. It could've cost us the game. You better believe he will get a tongue lashing for it.

If you want heart and emotion, blow someone off the LOS at the snap. Why does it have to be on a cheap shot at the whistle when your team is about to grab momentum?

Like I said in the game thread, the defense was playing past the whistle, why do they get away with it?

Rutnstrut
01-11-2015, 10:18 PM
And who do you play in his place? Everyone keeps saying this but dreck on the street is dreck on the street for a reason.

Anyone and I literally mean anyone, really it couldn't be worse.

Pugger
01-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Winners -
Mike Daniels
Casey Hayward

Losers
Slocum

If Peppers doesn't strip Murray there he rumbles in for a TD.

Pugger
01-11-2015, 10:29 PM

Hell, it was well after the whistle. :doh:

George Cumby
01-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Like I said in the game thread, the defense was playing past the whistle, why do they get away with it?

We re watched that play several times, that whistle came MAYBE 0.25 seconds before TJ rolled in. No way for him to stop his momentum. Fucking BS call, but they needed to flag someone to get control of the game.

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 10:34 PM
If Peppers doesn't strip Murray there he rumbles in for a TD.

It sure looked that way. That play by Julius Peppers was HUGE!

I think that Mike Mccarthy should have gotten the game ball.

Julius Peppers, Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy and Devante Adams all had a solid game.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 10:37 PM

It doesn't matter what everyone else is doing. That is a 14 year old's mental philosophy. The fact was that it was a DUMB ASS DECISION on Lang's part.

And as I pointed out in the game thread...the defense initiated the tackling well prior to the whistle, and no defensive player came running in at the whistle delivering a cheap shot.

The game was chippy...I understand why he did it...it was still dumb as hell. We can't beat Seattle with that kind of crap.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
We re watched that play several times, that whistle came MAYBE 0.25 seconds before TJ rolled in. No way for him to stop his momentum. Fucking BS call, but they needed to flag someone to get control of the game.

Have you taken notice of the whole CONCUSSION thing? The league kinda views it as important, and running full blast into someone at the whistle for no real reason is going to draw a flag every time.

The refs should have gotten that crap under control a LONG TIME before they did. It was a little embarrassing for that crew, I think.

George Cumby
01-11-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't think that penalty had anything to do with player safety. They had a significant scrum and the officials had to get things settled down. There was a lot going on in there and it could've gone either way; plenty of pushing, shoving and other hi jinks.

pbmax
01-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Winner-Guion

He had a tough battle with Frederick, but he held his own and got serious penetration on several plays. Like BJ, he is good in pursuit too.

Fred got him sideways once to twice, but overall I give him 4 stars.

The Shadow
01-11-2015, 11:43 PM
Winners -
Mike Daniels
Casey Hayward

Losers
Slocum

Originally Posted by The Shadow
Mike Daniels & Casey Hayward will be factors in a Pack win.
Thanks for tip.

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by The Shadow
Mike Daniels & Casey Hayward will be factors in a Pack win.
Thanks for tip.

thanks for the reach around, you gave me a chuckle even if nobody else knows what you are talking about

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2015, 11:53 PM
On that fabulous picture of Jerry's box...I can't tell if Chris Christie is upset, or just trying to stuff another chicken wing in his mouth.

It's only too bad that the reflection is bad. The picture of Christie there is priceless. That pic will live long and prosper.

Tyrion Lannister
01-12-2015, 02:00 AM
Hoes:

Nelson - 2 catches for dirt ain't nothing. Ain't. Ima feelin' southern after watching Django Unchained on Netflix. Dropped only drop by receivers. Jordy, the great white hope, needs to show up next week.

Defense - Not enough punts. Couldn't get off the fucking field. Had problems stopping the run. Allowed the Cowchicks to milk the cow dry. Only turnovers prevented a disaster of epic proportions.

Burnett - Witten ate this guy for lunch.

Mr. Hyde - Technique on Williams TD Catch'N'Run was more out of wreck than Miley Cyrus in her 'Wrecking Ball' vid - great song, though. Was even worse than Don DuJuan Harris as a kick returner.

T-Will - Did not like him when he was an unknown undrafted nobody, but with time, grew to love him. That said, I won't be sad to see him go after this season. All good things must come to an end.

Pimps:

Rodgers - Carried team in 2nd half. Bullet TD to Rodgers between 2 defenders was Favresque. Last throw, pure luck. But in the playoffs, being lucky is better than being good. Catch by Cobb was clutch, but Rodgers himself admitted pass was intended for Boykins. Ball got tipped and flew Cobb's way. Nonetheless, Rodgers was a hulk in the 2nd half.

McCarthy - See Rodgers last pass above. The conservative approach in such situation would be to run the ball, or have the QB the drop to the ground after 1st read (provided 1st read ain't open), take the sack, milk the clock a bit more and punt. Conservative football is simply giving the other team a chance to win. Give Fat Mac credit for being aggressive and going for the kill.

Cobb - Earned himself even more blings after this game.

Adams - Rookie stepped up on a day Nelson was shut down.

Peppers - A wrecking ball. 2nd fumble turned the tide of the war.

Tank Elf Duke - At half-time, with the Packers down 14-10, Rodgers went into the locker room and checked this website and saw Tank's short but concise rant about fucking pain. It inspired Rodgers to, well, fuck the pain. Rodgers was the statue of mediocrity in the first half. Then he saw the rant and it inspired him. Fucked the pain and played as if the calf wasn't even born.

RashanGary
01-12-2015, 02:37 AM
We watched the game with a cowboy fan. My 12 year old son is a winner. While dad was doing his best to keep his shit-talk/injury wishing to a minimum, the boy filled in admirably. When they were looking at Romo's knee on the sideline, everyone was wondering just how badly he might be injured. Ethan quickly recognized what the injury was, "he scraped his knee" Ethan verbalized his obsevation. A few seconds went by.... He continued, this time his tone drenched in disbelief, bordering on annoyance, a tone so perfect i did not know a twelve year old could summon it, he said, "Romo has a scraped knee, rub some dirt on it." Ethan didn't miss a thing after the bryant call was ruled either. Using an observant, non-biased tone, he injected the ever valuable commentary "He's crying. He's crying. Dez Bryant is crying over that call."

With the timing so perfect but the tone often so dry and unsuspecting, I wondered if he knew what he was doing. At some point I just knew. He knew. He knew exactly how annoying his commentary was to the Cowboy fan. That was a very proud moment for me. Ive raised him right. He can shit talk a cowboy fan with the best of them!

He came through later in the day with yet another round of shit-talk, this time the recipiant being his 9 year old brother. 9 year old is having some quality time with his little 2 month old baby brother. I say, as if Im speaking for baby, "look, it's another small person." Ethan quickly corrected me. This time with all the wonder and excitement of someone narrating a wildlife documentary, he said "look, it's a retard." ..... "look at the retard in it's natural habitat."

Oh man. Kids really are the gift that keep on giving.

smuggler
01-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Your son is brutal, JH

RashanGary
01-12-2015, 03:18 AM
Your son is brutal, JH

We saw a UFC commercial. I asked him if hed like to do that..... Hes like "yeah." Then a few seconds went by and I could see a smirk on his face..... I shit you not, this is what he says, "I'll ultimate fight you." I look at him like i want to accept the challenge right now and roundhouse him through the front door. Being the good dad I am, instead of kicking him, I gathered myself and said, "Yeah son, when you're about 26, Ill get in the ring and embarrass you." He's like, "I'll take you when I'm 18." I say, "ethan, youre going to be a skinny 18 year old against a full grown man." He reiterates, "I'll take you when im 18."

Boys need confidence lol, but shit, theres a such thing ss too much of a good thing :)

mraynrand
01-12-2015, 05:12 AM

Perry had a nice game. If he had just trusted his safety help, he could have had a pick on that late throw to Witten. He had the break on the ball and pulled up (probably to ensure he could make the tackle if Witten caught it)

mraynrand
01-12-2015, 05:16 AM
Hoes:
Burnett - Witten ate this guy for lunch.

this is only party fair/correct. I give the loser to Capers for using way too much LB under DB over zone coverage. Bringing up HCD for man coverage on the 4th and 2 late made up for it. I will never know for sure, but it looked like Romo checked out of that throw to Bryant.

mraynrand
01-12-2015, 05:17 AM
Pimps:

Dallas play callers: for switching from run to pass for no apparent reason. Thank you.

QBME
01-12-2015, 08:00 AM
We watched the game with a cowboy fan. My 12 year old son is a winner. While dad was doing his best to keep his shit-talk/injury wishing to a minimum, the boy filled in admirably. When they were looking at Romo's knee on the sideline, everyone was wondering just how badly he might be injured. Ethan quickly recognized what the injury was, "he scraped his knee" Ethan verbalized his obsevation. A few seconds went by.... He continued, this time his tone drenched in disbelief, bordering on annoyance, a tone so perfect i did not know a twelve year old could summon it, he said, "Romo has a scraped knee, rub some dirt on it." Ethan didn't miss a thing after the bryant call was ruled either. Using an observant, non-biased tone, he injected the ever valuable commentary "He's crying. He's crying. Dez Bryant is crying over that call."

With the timing so perfect but the tone often so dry and unsuspecting, I wondered if he knew what he was doing. At some point I just knew. He knew. He knew exactly how annoying his commentary was to the Cowboy fan. That was a very proud moment for me. Ive raised him right. He can shit talk a cowboy fan with the best of them!

He came through later in the day with yet another round of shit-talk, this time the recipiant being his 9 year old brother. 9 year old is having some quality time with his little 2 month old baby brother. I say, as if Im speaking for baby, "look, it's another small person." Ethan quickly corrected me. This time with all the wonder and excitement of someone narrating a wildlife documentary, he said "look, it's a retard." ..... "look at the retard in it's natural habitat."

Oh man. Kids really are the gift that keep on giving.

Awesome stories.

Packers4Glory
01-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Peppers strip saved a sure long TD run. He doesn't strip that and it's an easy 6 right there. there was nobody home in the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Perry had a nice game. If he had just trusted his safety help, he could have had a pick on that late throw to Witten. He had the break on the ball and pulled up (probably to ensure he could make the tackle if Witten caught it)

That is a good observation. He did look back and slow down. Still, that's a tough zone drop from for your 265 lbs. Power OLB.

Pugger
01-12-2015, 10:39 AM
ON OFFENSE:

I agree with all you wrote above. Don't be tough on yourself and MM's flag. Did you see it from a good angle? The action as a whole sure looks like a solid catch.... that wasn't. I too thought that MM had done it again and threw a flag for nothing. I'm really glad I was wrong. :clap: MM !!

I have to add Aaron Rodgers as he recovered big time in the second half and he had an overall solid day.

The last catch on the Rodgers deflected pass was astonishingly great. Cobb has some abs to make that stretch catch.

Devante Adams was super today. I'm guessing he comes to play for huge games Vs solid teams.

Eddie Lacy is simply...what ever is not to like. Eddie is the MAN.

ON DEFENSE:

Julius Peppers had a great day ! Overall 4 tackles and 2 Assisted tackles a SACK and 2 Forced Fumbles.

Nick Perry had 3 Tackles and 1 Assisted tackle and 1.5 Sacks. A great effort for this man who was due.

Mike Neale had 4 tackles and 2 Assists and a 0.5 Sack.

Clay Matthews as usual worked his tail off....2 Tackles and 2 Assists.

Bad:

I thought our cornerbacks had a rough day. Will Sam Shields soon recover? WE need this young CB to step up next week.

AJ Hawk had 1 tackle and 2 Assists and looked surprized one time. Hahaha

His partner in crime Brad Jones is just bad news.

I suspect Sam's hand in there on that "catch" by Dez aided in making it incomplete. If we look at the yards by Dallas' receivers (191) yesterday perhaps they weren't as lousy as some think.

The Shadow
01-12-2015, 10:59 AM
thanks for the reach around, you gave me a chuckle even if nobody else knows what you are talking about

No one EVER really knows what I am talking about - most of all, me.

MadScientist
01-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Loser: whoever filled the wrong gap on the Peppers fumble. Somebody should have been in position to make a stop if Peppers doesn't knock the ball out.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Loser: whoever filled the wrong gap on the Peppers fumble. Somebody should have been in position to make a stop if Peppers doesn't knock the ball out.

Both Barrington and Hawk were late to the hole. Barrington got blocked and that traffic held up Hawk. Burnett got cleaned up too.

Zool
01-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Both Barrington and Hawk were late to the hole. Barrington got blocked and that traffic held up Hawk. Burnett got cleaned up too.

Huh, that rarely happens....wait

pbmax
01-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Huh, that rarely happens....wait

I know. But in this case he really was delayed by traffic!

He had a great early fill on the Seachickens first series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-Lzu01olY

SMBASS
01-12-2015, 02:51 PM

Joemailman
01-13-2015, 06:22 PM

Quarless was a big time winner. He scored the 1st touchdown and probably saved a touchdown when he recovered Cobb's fumbled kickoff. Yes, I wanted to strangle him for his false start penalty late, but if he doesn't recover that fumble, the Packers could have been down 28-13. That would have been disastrous.

pbmax
01-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Loser, Slocum for taking forever to remove Cobb from punt return.

Loser Slocum, for risking the team's fortune on Cobb's butter fingers KO returns.

KYPack
01-13-2015, 11:26 PM
My take...

Winners
1. A Rodgers...the guy came out on one good leg. As Clint Eastwood once famously said in a movie..."A man's gotta know his limitations." Rodgers did not seem to know his during the first 35-40 minutes of this game. Then, he just said "Aw, fuck it" and decided to start to being the guy who won the MVP this year (because he did) and carried the offense on his back in the 4th quarter.
2. D Adams...for the second time this season, the rookie decided to show up and make a meaningful impact. When he does this, he shows signs of being a true #1 caliber WR. The sky is the limit for this kid if he puts his nose to the grindstone this offseason and embraces learning every inch of the playbook. He has the physicality that is missing in Jordy's game...and the size that is missing in Cobb's game.
3. J Peppers...while it wasn't a complete game for him, he made the impact plays when needed. He came out early and set a tone with some big pressures and a forced fumble on Romo. His strip of Murray potentially saved a scoring drive by the Cowboys, because Murray was running for 30+ or more on the play if Pepper's paws don't get in there. At times, he got obliterated in the run game...but he's one win away from his goal of getting back to the Super Bowl.
4. A Quarless. Whoever said that Quarless is a loser clearly did NOT watch the same game this afternoon that I did. For starters, when Randall Cobb fumbled on that kickoff return, it was Quarless who somehow got to the bottom of that pile and got the ball when it looked like there was no way in hell a Packer would come up with it. That alone gets him a winner in my book...because we were down 8 already, and it would've been at least another 3 if Q doesn't get that ball. Throw in a TD reception and 3 other catches, and he had a very good game.

Loser
1. Brad Fucking Jones...how the hell does this guy still have a job? No one...I mean NO ONE...screws up more than this guy, and I don't understand how a guy like Thompson can stand watching him play without wanting to take out a sword and chopping his head off. Whoever in the game thread said that Jones is now to the point where he has surpassed Bush at his low water mark is absolutely correct. If Jones steps on the field, a major fuck up is about to occur. It is virtually on par with death and taxes at this point.
2. Tramontana...several pitiful tackling attempts...several plays where he was burnt more than toast at Denny's...and it wasn't like he was covering Dez Bryant. He was covering some mediocre receivers much of the time. The guy is clearly hitting the downside of his career. He is not the player he used to be.
3. TJ Lang...while I understand why he did what he did on the play where he was flagged, it was an incredibly DUMB move. Your team is about to score a TD to take the lead and swing momentum in the game. Coming in and delivering some monster hit to an unsuspecting defensive player at the whistle is NOT a good idea anytime, but especially then. That penalty could have been the thing we are all pointing tonight as costing us the 4 points we needed to win the game if the replay doesn't go our way.
4. The Cowboys. And in the end, that is all that matters.

Great post. Covers the fact that we did have a great D Gameplan. We had four sacks, fer crissakes. The odd made tackle and tipped ball here or there and we beat 'em handily. The fluke Dallas plays that "should have" been successful, falls under the "if you cut off your Uncle's balls, he'd be your Aunt" category. IF didn't happen, WIN did.

For this game, you've got a team (us) that hung in there on the road with the Champs and almost pulled out a win. With our young guys playing key rolls. Now they've got a season under their belts. they have a much better understanding of their (in some cases new) roles. We will go in there with a "show 'em" attitude. And a ton of anger, the NFL approved emotion.

We are the trap team that is hot and has something to prove. I think we do prove out and go to the SB as the hot team.

Wist and the other naysayers be damned!

HarveyWallbangers
01-14-2015, 12:07 AM
Quarless was a big time winner. He scored the 1st touchdown and probably saved a touchdown when he recovered Cobb's fumbled kickoff. Yes, I wanted to strangle him for his false start penalty late, but if he doesn't recover that fumble, the Packers could have been down 28-13. That would have been disastrous.

Winner and loser. Two false starts (one in Dallas territory on 3rd down and another when we were trying to run out the clock late) and a pathetic attempt to get the ball on the two-point conversion. You're right that his big plays offset this, for the most part. However, it's hard for me to give a TE with two false starts. A TE should false start about twice/year.

smuggler
01-14-2015, 12:41 AM
I can't ever be mad at Quarless. He's just all heart. We'll be drafting a TE again this year, undoubtedly, but Quarless will always be a Packer.

George Cumby
01-14-2015, 08:13 AM
Kentucky's on fire!!

pbmax
01-14-2015, 08:58 AM
I can be mad at Quarless enough for both of us. That second false start was spectacularly dumb. Had the clock been corrected to add 30 seconds, could have made the end of the game extra dicey. Although I read somewhere that as it turned out, it wouldn't have mattered (maybe Packers zeroed the clock after the second down kneel?).

Also, while I agree Aaron took the game over in the second half and he did start to move more in the pocket. But it was clear he wasn't going to take off and run, only slide. It does make it easier to play 2-Man against him.

Patler
01-14-2015, 09:14 AM
I can't be upset more with Quarless than I am with Matthews, Cobb, Jones, House or Williams for the penalties they had. Particularly Matthews and House, who had pre-snap penalties resulting from like of control similar to Quarless. A 5 yard penalty or two doesn't negate his otherwise very good game any more than Adams being out to lunch on the first throw to him negates his otherwise fine performance.

pbmax
01-14-2015, 09:21 AM
Did anyone else do it twice?

Patler
01-14-2015, 09:56 AM

Williams had two PIs, Jones had two holding penalties, all more significant than false starts.

False starts are not something to be happy about, and certainly should be eliminated as much as possible, but athletes are humans and make mistakes. Nelson had one drop for sure and probably two that can be considered drops. In the long run, I don't think Quarless' two false starts had any greater impact than Nelson's two drops that didn't lose yardage but did lose the down, unlike the false starts that only increased yardage without loss of down.

pbmax
01-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Williams had two PIs, Jones had two holding penalties, all more significant than false starts.

False starts are not something to be happy about, and certainly should be eliminated as much as possible, but athletes are humans and make mistakes. Nelson had one drop for sure and probably two that can be considered drops. In the long run, I don't think Quarless' two false starts had any greater impact than Nelson's two drops that didn't lose yardage but did lose the down, unlike the false starts that only increased yardage without loss of down.

Holding and PI are related to physically performing your job. All players can be beat and in Jones' case, he was going to get roasted if he didn't get Murray knocked off course.

Quarless beat himself mentally. Far easier to avoid. The only opponent is yourself, so to speak.

Patler
01-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Holding and PI are related to physically performing your job. All players can be beat and in Jones' case, he was going to get roasted if he didn't get Murray knocked off course.

Quarless beat himself mentally. Far easier to avoid. The only opponent is yourself, so to speak.

Yes, but encroachment and offside are the same as a false start, the player beating himself, to use your description. Matthews and House each did it once, Quarless twice.

While there is a distinction between physical and mental errors, I'm not sure I agree it exonerates one and indicts the other. The physical error can be the result of mental laxity, panic so to speak, so PI and holding can be as much the result of a mental error as a physical one. So long as the physical error relates to a task well within a players ability, the error is often a mental one, failure to concentrate on the task. In this way, a dropped pass can be little different then the failure to control ones body when firing off in a false start. The receiver fails to focus on the catch before addressing the next task. He moves too quickly to taks two from task one, not unlike the player who moves too quickly into his route or blocking assignment.

mraynrand
01-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Ya know, on one of those false starts by Q, I think he was really, crazy excited because he was the primary receiver and he twitched. I think I will gather a team of scientists to dissect his body in an effort to find the 'excitement twitch neuronal relay circuit.' Then I will develop a very specific, no-side-effect drug that will suppress such a circuit and sell it to the NFL, colleges, and high schools, to suppress the 'excitement twitch response' thus eliminating it forever and preventing any debate of this subject on any forum in the foreseeable future.

pbmax
01-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Ya know, on one of those false starts by Q, I think he was really, crazy excited because he was the primary receiver and he twitched. I think I will gather a team of scientists to dissect his body in an effort to find the 'excitement twitch neuronal relay circuit.' Then I will develop a very specific, no-side-effect drug that will suppress such a circuit and sell it to the NFL, colleges, and high schools, to suppress the 'excitement twitch response' thus eliminating it forever and preventing any debate of this subject on any forum in the foreseeable future.

They could just stop snorting Adderall.

But I mainly object to the bolded statement.

pbmax
01-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Yes, but encroachment and offside are the same as a false start, the player beating himself, to use your description. Matthews and House each did it once, Quarless twice.

While there is a distinction between physical and mental errors, I'm not sure I agree it exonerates one and indicts the other. The physical error can be the result of mental laxity, panic so to speak, so PI and holding can be as much the result of a mental error as a physical one. So long as the physical error relates to a task well within a players ability, the error is often a mental one, failure to concentrate on the task. In this way, a dropped pass can be little different then the failure to control ones body when firing off in a false start. The receiver fails to focus on the catch before addressing the next task. He moves too quickly to taks two from task one, not unlike the player who moves too quickly into his route or blocking assignment.

We are just dancing around the same two loci tied together with a string longer than the distance between us (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipse).

If we wish to distinguish between unforced and forced (contested) errors, I am all for more and better info. But that is hard to come by for receptions.

What we do know is that false starts are almost entirely preventable (Linsley's bad snap, also egregious, aside). In fact, while if you look at a table of penalties it looks more common than almost any foul (http://nflsavant.com/apps/penaltyCompare.php), I would wager it is among the most avoidable.

False starts are routinely caught, though its never perfect, an they have to be among the fewest missed calls over a season. Holding or DPI, as many have said, could be called on any pass. But there are only 9 players who will be watched for holding (5 or 6 on a pass) and DPI has to occur on a pass play.

But a false start is possible by 11 players every snap of the game. There are at least 3 officials watching for it. If we were able to add opportunity to the table, I bet false start isn't committed as often, as a percentage of possible incidents, as several other penalties. As a TE, with the exception WR, Quarless has less excuse than most (even if he forgets the call, he can watch the ball or his tackle) and this is especially true for a home game.

King Friday
01-14-2015, 08:19 PM

Did anyone else go to the bottom of a fumble scrum and pull out the ball when not doing so would likely give the Cowboys a distinct advantage in the game?

That ALONE is enough to make him a winner in my book. I could give a rat's ass about a couple false starts.

pbmax
01-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Did anyone else go to the bottom of a fumble scrum and pull out the ball when not doing so would likely give the Cowboys a distinct advantage in the game?

That ALONE is enough to make him a winner in my book. I could give a rat's ass about a couple false starts.

I am not saying Quarless is beyond redemption, he does a lot of good things. But those two took away one possession and could have ended another with time left had things shaken out a little different. That's pretty brutal.

King Friday
01-14-2015, 08:53 PM
I am not saying Quarless is beyond redemption, he does a lot of good things. But those two took away one possession and could have ended another with time left had things shaken out a little different. That's pretty brutal.

Again...if he doesn't jump on that fumble, we lose the game. That's more brutal.

Patler
01-14-2015, 08:57 PM

What's so unusual about that? Often, it is a mistake by someone that is responsible for ending any drive not resulting in a TD, be it poor throw by AR to Cobb, Nelson and Adams, Adams not being on the same page with AR, Linsley snapping early and Rodgers fumbling leading directly to a turnover, Nelson dropping two passes, Lang getting in a scuffle, a lineman missing a block. On the other side, often it is a mistake by someone that allows a drive to continue, or a TD to be scored, whether it be a PI on Williams or a hold on Jones, or encroachment by Matthews.

Again, false starts are not good, but 5 yards doesn't have to be a crippling penalty for an offense in most situations.

There is nothing inherently worse about Quarless' mistakes than those by anyone else..

A mistake is a mistake, and everyone has them, often more than once in a game.

Patler
01-14-2015, 09:00 PM

Again...if he doesn't jump on that fumble, we lose the game. That's more brutal.

Yup, the Cobb fumble was far more brutal than any error committed by Quarless, and Quarless was there to bail him out.

HarveyWallbangers
01-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Guys are going to fumble. Even Rodgers is going to throw an interception. I have less patience for lack of focus plays (false starts, offsides, not knowing the play, etc.). A TE false starting twice is hard to defend. Quarless wasn't a loser... mainly because he was in the right place at the right time when a teammate fumbled. But it's going to be a lot harder for the Packers to overcome careless penalties in Seattle--where they are going to have to fight for every yard to get in third and manageable. Hopefully, he doesn't false start twice again. And, yes, it does drive me nuts when Clay and Mike Neal (main culprits) jump offsides--although it's often more understandable with Clay because of the way he tries to time his get off and the fact it often works. Neal just seems to lack focus at times.

pbmax
01-15-2015, 08:26 AM
A mistake is a mistake, and everyone has them, often more than once in a game.

I believe the 8 penalties for the Packers, at home, were a season high if immediate reports after the game were true. It was not a clean game by Packer standards this year. So if that was the high, then some must be preventable.

And I don't agree that a pre-snap penalty by a TE is just a mistake like any other. The Tackle, on the road, might have trouble hearing the count. The TE can watch the ball in most circumstances. I believe the first call was with Q in a two point stance.

I don't want him drawn and quartered, I don't even want him benched, but that wasn't good.

denverYooper
01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
So the takeaway is that the Packers were sloppy as hell last week and still won. They had a game to get that out of their system before traveling to face the PEDHawks, the most hardest-hittingest team in the entire league.

mraynrand
01-15-2015, 09:36 AM
PENALTIES BAD!!!

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/philhartmanfrankestein.png

denverYooper
01-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Oh man, the best part of that skit was that Hartman could barely keep himself from busting up at the end.