PDA

View Full Version : How do you beat the Seahawks?

Pages : 1 [2]

vince
01-18-2015, 11:46 AM
of course you can - but you have to drag the coverage away with your other receivers. And watch out for cheating.
I agree. There's enough space to the wide side if the slot receiver can occupy the nickel/safety that has slant coverage responsibility. If he's gonna get in the slant passing lane, then Cobb will be able to slip past him and hit the quick seam. He can't cover both. We'll see soon enough.

The Shadow
01-18-2015, 11:55 AM
I am more concerned with limiting Wilson's options in this game than concentrating on Lynch. Limit The Beast as much as you can inside - but don't let Wilson get outside.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 12:01 PM
I am more concerned with limiting Wilson's options in this game than concentrating on Lynch. Limit The Beast as much as you can inside - but don't let Wilson get outside.

I agree. Wilson is the key for Seattle's offense. Keep him contained (real estate-wise) and you can severely limit their offense.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2015, 12:09 PM
NFL Network guys are talking about Cam Chancellor leaping over the OL on field goal tries.

QUESTION: Has anyone ever seen the guys up front on a field goal try use a pass protection upright stance rather than a hand in the dirt stance?

It seems to me it could be done.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 12:17 PM
That FG block tech requires a 'tell' by the snapper. Packers self scouting should find anything like that. They could even bait The Chancellor and maybe pick up a critical first down. That's a spy versus spy thing and either side can get burned.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Not that I think we'll be kicking FG's instead of scoring TD's.:-)

Fosco33
01-05-2020, 07:09 PM
Bump For posterity.

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 07:10 PM
^ Sadist.

Fosco33
01-05-2020, 07:11 PM
^ Sadist.

Only on weekends

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 07:19 PM
Lol

Joemailman
01-05-2020, 07:20 PM
How do you move this thread to he Garbage Can?

Zool
01-05-2020, 07:22 PM
They are beatable, but not by a team that is built like we are... we are soft philosophically, and we don't believe in playing defense for its own sake. Our defense is a function of our offense, and generally requires that our offense stake us to a lead. Absent that scenario, we are very beatable against even average teams, i.e. Buffalo.

If we had any semblance of a defense whatsoever, I'd say we have a chance, b/c talentwise, offense vs. offense, I think we have the edge; but our defense is such a mess, and the coaching is so bad, that there is no way we can close the gap.

Hopefully Capers will be shown the door, and we can infuse some talent into the ILB position and along the DL, i.e. a couple of run stopping NT types the likes of which we kicked out of town from last year.

TT's approach to building a defense is seriously flawed, but if we can get a competent DC to have input on player procurement, maybe we can improve enough to be a threat before Rodgers run is over.

And the beat goes on.

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2020, 10:53 PM
Too many memories. This game still hurts me deeply.

Fritz
01-06-2020, 06:19 AM
We have to be effective running the ball
Protect AROD
No turnovers
Keep Russell Wilson in the pocket
Contain their run game
Win the turnover battle

and yes..we may need to do all 5 of those to win

Hey, do this!

pbmax
01-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Might I humbly suggest that a a crucial, late game moment when the Seahawks need big yardage or a TD, keeping a safety back?

Cover 0 failed last night again.