PDA

View Full Version : Will Peyton Manning Retire?

woodbuck27
01-11-2015, 09:55 PM
http://heavy.com/sports/2015/01/will-peyton-manning-retire-quit-age-injury-neck-surgery-bio-stats-super-bowl-wins-history-future-play-next-season-retirement-talk/

Will Peyton Manning Retire?

Published 9:14 pm EST, January 11, 2015 Updated 9:32 pm EST, January 11, 2015

“My mindset right now is just disappointment after today’s game. I kind of need to process this game and we’ll meet tomorrow, kind of need to process this game, so I’m disappointed right now. … Yeah, I guess I just can’t give that simple answer. I’m processing it. I can’t say that. I could not say that.” Peyton Manning

Comment woodbuck27:

First he needs to rest (sleep) so he can talk.

King Friday
01-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Manning should retire. His trajectory the last 2 years is strikingly similar to the end for the great mountain man Bert Favre. Old age strikes fast...and often with startling impunity.

Favre
2009 - career season...33 TDs, 7 INTs...only season over a 100 QB rating in his career. Looked like he could play for 3 more years.
2010 - looked every bit like a 40 year old man who had absorbed a ton of abuse during his career.

Manning
2013 - career season...55 TDs, 10 INTs...second highest QB rating in his career. Looked like he could play for 3 more years.
2014 - during the second half of the season looked every bit like a 38 year old man who had a surgically reconstructed shoulder.

If he comes back, it will not end well. He'll look OK here and there, but his arm is gone. He gets by entirely on knowledge at this point, and even that wasn't enough to get by the last 2 months.

gbgary
01-11-2015, 10:25 PM
he should.

smuggler
01-12-2015, 01:28 AM
Manning probably should retire. He's just not able to play the game the way he used to be able. It's a shame, and I don't think the Broncos can win a Super Bowl now, so why would he stay?

KYPack
01-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Manning should retire. His trajectory the last 2 years is strikingly similar to the end for the great mountain man Bert Favre. Old age strikes fast...and often with startling impunity.

Favre
2009 - career season...33 TDs, 7 INTs...only season over a 100 QB rating in his career. Looked like he could play for 3 more years.
2010 - looked every bit like a 40 year old man who had absorbed a ton of abuse during his career.

Manning
2013 - career season...55 TDs, 10 INTs...second highest QB rating in his career. Looked like he could play for 3 more years.
2014 - during the second half of the season looked every bit like a 38 year old man who had a surgically reconstructed shoulder.

If he comes back, it will not end well. He'll look OK here and there, but his arm is gone. He gets by entirely on knowledge at this point, and even that wasn't enough to get by the last 2 months.

The reads and anticipation ain't enough to make up for his arm strength anymore. He has also lost mobility, he can't go to his left and throw back to the right at all at this point.

The mountain man analogy is quite apt. You had the young buck (Luck) heading up the slope pursuing his quest. And the old trapper, stumbling down the hill, pondering his fate.

Manning had shoulder reconstruction, too? I thought it was just the neck deal.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-12-2015, 06:59 AM
He has regressed. Who knows if that is old age, lack of motivation or herpes. Maybe all three. But he looked and acted like an old man yesterday, it is time. Cycle of life and all that...

Guiness
01-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Last quarter of the season, and last night, it sure looks like he needs to hang 'em up.

QBME
01-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Father Time remains undefeated....

Cheesehead Craig
01-12-2015, 08:44 AM
He's sticking around at least one more year. After next season he'll pass Favre for #1 for passing yards and completions. I think he wants those records.

I also believe that he's the kind of guy who will announce his retirement a year in advance for the retirement tour and to give Denver a heads up so they can draft his replacement and let him sit for a year learning from Manning.

channtheman
01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Records are very important to Manning, so I think he sticks around until he has them all as well.

mraynrand
01-12-2015, 08:52 AM
to quote Kevin Greene: It is time, it is time.

denverYooper
01-12-2015, 12:06 PM
ESPN reporting that Manning has been playing with a torn right quadriceps over the last month.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

pbmax
01-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Now having same torn/partial/strain argument over this. One doc online said if the quad was torn "completely", he would not be playing.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
Specifically: Peyton Manning has a torn rectus femoris, which runs down center of thigh. Bruising was so severe it spread to back of his leg

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 12:13 PM
ESPN reporting that Manning has been playing with a torn right quadriceps over the last month.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

If that's true it explains a lot.

back to 'the price of tea in China'.

Peyton Manning retiring in this off Season?

Not on your life !

He still has Brett Favre records to pass and Peyton Manning loves his records.

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 01:16 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning/

Peyton Manning signed a 5 year - $96,000,000 contract with the Denver Broncos.

That includes $58,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $19,200,000.

His CAP hit in 2015 will be $21.5M$

3irty1
01-12-2015, 01:19 PM
If I'm Peyton I play next year. I can think of 20 million reasons.

Guiness
01-12-2015, 01:27 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning/

Peyton Manning signed a 5 year - $96,000,000 contract with the Denver Broncos.

That includes $58,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $19,200,000.

His CAP hit in 2015 will be $21.5M$

from that link:
2015 salary gauarantees if on the roster at the end of 2014 (spelling theirs)

It doesn't give a date for the guarantee activating. I'd guess the last day of the league year.

denverYooper
01-12-2015, 01:27 PM

There are other reasons, too. He's close to Favre's yardage record, and the Broncos don't have many other options at QB. There's a lot of chatter about keeping him around and drafting a QB high. Osweiller hasn't filled people with confidence.

A lot of fans are calling for Fox's head and keeping Manning, but I don't know that Manning would want to go through a coaching change.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-12-2015, 01:29 PM

21.5 million reasons, I wish somebody would send me just that rounding error in american currency.

mraynrand
01-12-2015, 01:41 PM
A lot of fans are calling for Fox's head and keeping Manning

Ahh, the impenetrable mind of the NFL fan.

pbmax
01-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Peyton's guaranteed kicks in a few days after the 2015 League Year starts.

Patler
01-12-2015, 02:15 PM
I, for one, will miss Manning tremendously when he does retire.
Not for his games, after all, I see very few of those.
But, his commercials are great!

mraynrand
01-12-2015, 02:23 PM

When he retires, you're gonna get more commercials. Only you have to wonder if he'll follow Bert by hawking those hair hygiene products. I'd like to see Manning with a mountain man look, but I can do without seeing him trim his nose hairs while eating a Papa John pizza.

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 02:26 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/severity-of-peytons-injury-called-into-question/

Severity of Peyton’s injury called into question

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2015, 12:11 PM EST

Zool
01-12-2015, 02:33 PM
When he retires, you're gonna get more commercials. Only you have to wonder if he'll follow Bert by hawking those hair hygiene products. I'd like to see Manning with a mountain man look, but I can do without seeing him trim his nose hairs while eating a Papa John pizza.

Nose hairier ingredients. Nose hairier pizza. Papa Johns

Guiness
01-12-2015, 04:33 PM
A lot of fans are calling for Fox's head and keeping Manning, but I don't know that Manning would want to go through a coaching change.

I wasn't sure how I felt about this, I remember Fox getting unceremoniously booted from Carolina. Remember Brian St. Pierre? Anyways, Fox is gone from Denver now
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/john-fox-and-broncos-mutually-part-ways-after-four-years/

I think this is the beginning of big changes there. I imagine Adam Gase will be the next HC, but I have to wonder if Fox leaving was done kind of the way Dallas let Wade Phillips contract run out so Jason Garrett could take over.

edit: I have no idea what I was trying to say the first time

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 07:55 PM
If I was a Bronco's fan I'd be pissed today with the news and Peyton Manning's right leg quad injury being more accurately reported.

John FOX takes the fall here today.

How in hell was Fox to do well with a QB that was severely restricted and was way off in his passing attempts Vs Indy yesterday. How did or do the Bronco teammates feel about what looks like a clear coverup of the extent of the Peyton Manning injury?

It was being reported today that Peyton manning was yelling at his OL in the game yesterday. I need to try to prove that was true.

This story is just beginning. I believe that Bronco fans should raise the blue blazes over this matter.

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 09:51 PM
See Post #304 (Page 16) of the Coaching Watch thread.

King Friday
01-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Denver's window has closed. A new coaching staff isn't going to just walk in and change the issues facing this team. I think those saying Manning will return may come back to get records and $20M are probably right. The move to dismiss Fox is the start of the "Peyton is not the problem" campaign in Denver.

I doubt he'll ever make any significant noise in the postseason again though. His body can't withstand the rigors of an NFL season. He'll look good in September and October, and then fall apart in the 2nd half of the season. He was never a great postseason QB to start with. Nine times he's been one-and-done...next season may get him to double digits if he can survive long enough to get to January.

woodbuck27
01-12-2015, 10:45 PM
How can anyone ever come out of this mess in Denver looking good?

I'll be watching all of the damage control in this one.

woodbuck27
01-13-2015, 06:04 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_27308220/kiszla-broncos-gm-john-elway-needs-change-blueprint?source=infinite

Kiszla: Broncos GM John Elway needs to change the blueprint

By Mark Kiszla ... The Denver Post

Posted: 01/12/2015 09:27:32 PM MST8 Comments | Updated: about 8 hours ago

Comment woodbuck27:

John Elway needs to construct a football team not an All Star Team. He needs to encourage open lines of communication all week and in and out of the locker room. Without the feeling of a high spirited camaraderie as we see evident in Seattle. An NFL organization shouldn't expect to win the Lombardi Trophy.

A tight crew turns the screw.

woodbuck27
01-13-2015, 06:22 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_27307734/hochman-john-elway-gets-leave-his-imprint-new?source=pkg

Benjamin Hochman

Hochman: John Elway gets to leave his imprint on new Broncos

By Benjamin Hochman ... The Denver Post

Posted: 01/12/2015 08:05:46 PM MST1 Comment | Updated: about 8 hours ago

"Cold world," Demaryius Thomas tweeted,

" though it's unclear whether the receiver bobbled and dropped his phone first."

" .... Real world, D.T.

You and the Broncos were not prepared to win in the playoffs. You were outcoached. .....

The Broncos were not tough enough when it mattered most. Elway invested big time in nasty and didn't get a return on his investment. It was Elway himself who had to chew out the team at midseason, just like in the preseason of 2013. So on Monday.............

Elway and Fox "parted ways." ....."

Comment woodbuck27:

Another article RE: the change up in Denver. This one pulls no punches.

woodbuck27
01-13-2015, 07:10 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_27253646/sole-reason-broncos-arent-no-1-no-soul?obref=obinsite

Woody Paige

Paige: Sole reason Broncos aren't No. 1: no soul

By: Woody Paige ... The Denver Post

Posted: 01/04/2015 12:01:00 AM MST .................. 44 Comments

" ...Of the Broncos' 22 starters in the postseason, half account for a combined 43 Pro Bowl selections. Another four were PB-worthy this year.

The Broncos possess a brain (the most cerebral quarterback in history) and a beating heart, and aren't cowardly.

What's lacking?

"... if we only had a soul." ...."

Comment woodbuck27:

I've played on Championship Teams and I certainly agree. The team must have a lot more than big stars. I look at this Bronco team that was designed primarily to support the acquisition of Peyton Manning and it sure looks terrific on paper but what's wrong?

What's wrong is where that design started and has stalled.

You have arguably a top Three QB All Time and an aging QB in Peyton Manning. A QB with an unenviable post season record, that one Super Bowl win aside. Peyton Manning doesn't overall get it done in the playoffs.

The Denver Broncos aren't going to the AFC Championship game for easy for John Elway to define reasons. He merely needs to take his foot off the pedal and ....... think.

" Am I in this now for a short term more positive result or do I blow it all up and formulate a new design? "

Personally as the NFL fan observer. I don't give Denver " a fish in a barrel chance " of winning another Super Bowl with Peyton Manning. As the GM would I award Peyton Manning another huge years salary of a reported $21.5 M ?

NO !

That's a silly entirely ego driven move that I would advise ignoring. Just one more season with Peyton Manning one year older. Why would that make sense in terms of a more positive gurantee?

I'd offer Peyton Manning the opportunity to retire and if he decided to waffle. I'd release him. I'd wish Peyton Manning well with his new team as he continues his quest for every NFL passing record; sets a benchmark that will be extremely difficult to exceed.

This is going to come down to a battle of male ego's.

If John Elway is smart he wins.

If Peyton Manning is smart and aware he wins by simply retiring soon. That move would IMO garner the most respect for his body of work and how he left the game. That move would also make John Elway's decisions and the direction for his team easier.

woodbuck27
01-13-2015, 08:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/could-peyton-play-elsewhere-in-2015/

Could Peyton play elsewhere in 2015?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2015, 9:19 AM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

Peyton Manning has options.

I hope he retires. I'll be surprized if he does.

He may be pushed to a new team. I do think he and Elway will agree on one more kick at the can. There has been too much already invested in that objective...the Super Bowl. Both of these men have ego's that simply won't let go right now.

Peyton Manning fails again in Denver in 2015. NO!

He continues to set new records and raise the bar on those he already owns. $$$$ He gets another boatload of money $$$$.

Back to Peyton's ego.

Pugger
01-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Unless Elway hires a HC/OC that runs the same or similar offense Manning is familiar with I wouldn't be surprised to see Peyton either retire or be cut/ask for his release not unlike the situation in Indy at the end of Manning's time there.

woodbuck27
01-13-2015, 09:49 AM
I just watched the Indy at Denver game and with an eye on Peyton Manning's movement in the pocket and his footwork on throws.

There was nothing wrong with that man's right let that might be used as an excuse for his poor performance.

The issue with Peyton Manning and performance was with his accuracy and velocity...that fell off dramatically with the length of his pass attempts. His arm looked simply ...tired.

If John Elway invests $21.5 M$ on 2015 and Peyton Manning. With the objective again being nothing but a Super Bowl win he's delusional. I don't see that being the case.

I'm predicting the smart move. Peyton Manning will be with another team in 2015.

Teamcheez1
01-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Reading between the lines, it sounds like Fox didn't want Manning back, but Elway does. I'm going to have to side with Fox on this one. It's time to move on.

smuggler
01-13-2015, 02:30 PM
If they cut bait on Fox because they wanted Manning to play ONE more season, they deserve their 2015 suffering.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2015, 02:33 PM

You will miss him as much as Joe Montanna

KYPack
01-13-2015, 07:45 PM
I just watched the Indy at Denver game and with an eye on Peyton Manning's movement in the pocket and his footwork on throws.

There was nothing wrong with that man's right let that might be used as an excuse for his poor performance.

The issue with Peyton Manning and performance was with his accuracy and velocity...that fell off dramatically with the length of his pass attempts. His arm looked simply ...tired.

If John Elway invests $21.5 M$ on 2015 and Peyton Manning. With the objective again being nothing but a Super Bowl win he's delusional. I don't see that being the case.

I'm predicting the smart move. Peyton Manning will be with another team in 2015.

I dunno Wood. I went to the Monday nite game in Cincy. He looked funny in his movements and he definitely lacked arm strength.

Hard to figure is he wants to go to another team (I know he just shy of some records). Another team would have a massive install for a guy that might only play for a year. But, it's Peyton Manning, he won't be out of a job.

What about Buffalo if Den doesn't work out?

Rex and Peyton?

That would have more sizzle Buffalo has had in 50 years!

pbmax
01-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Fox probably pulled a power play. He was almost certain to lose his OC which might have complicated relations with Manning if he comes back. He might also lose Del Rio.

He could lose Manning. That leaves a huge hole in the roster and on the sidelines. He probably didn't want to hesitate if it was going to be rebuilding project and he had 3 more years to find a QB. Go to the Bears, same rebuilding project, but new five year deal.

Go to Atlanta, five year deal and Matt Ryan and rebuild defense.

KYPack
01-13-2015, 10:55 PM
This playoff loss was Peyton Mannings NINTH one and done in his career.

Career stat that makes you go hmmm...

woodbuck27
01-14-2015, 01:43 PM
This playoff loss was Peyton Mannings NINTH one and done in his career.

Career stat that makes you go hmmm...

Take that one Super Bowl win away and Peyton Manning performed poorly in the playoffs:

Overall in 24 playoff games he's 11 wins and 13 loss's for a 0.458 losing percentage.

That ranks him down there with the likes of Bernie Kosar, Neil O'Donnell and Kerry Collins.

The fellas on the NFL Network are discussing Peyton Manning's future right now. One of the great all time playoff performing QB's All Time will figure in Peyton Manning's immediate future. Would John Elway make an error? Take a risk in the teams immediate future at a high cost? I don't believe so.

Peyton Manning is done as a Denver Bronco because that makes good sense. Sure Elway has a lot in place but that was for the ultimate result which again failed this season. A great part of that failure was the performance of Peyton Manning. The only thing for sure is that he's one year older next season.

Peyton Manning is done as playoff performer and was he ever there?

Peyton Manning should gracefully bow out and retire soon.

woodbuck27
01-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Then you have another argument:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/14/peyton-manning-retire-injuries/

Wed Jan. 14, 2015

The Sun Hasn’t Set on Peyton Manning

I watched every drop-back he took this season, and I don't believe I was watching a quarterback who is washed-up. Why Peyton Manning shouldn't retire

" That is as long as he can answer one question affirmatively:

Can he get his legs healthy and keep them healthy for an entire season?

If he can’t be confident in that, then Manning should retire. Most quarterbacks, especially 39-year-old quarterbacks (which is what Manning would be next season), are done when their legs go. Manning’s legs went this season, and so did his effectiveness."

Comment woodbuck27:

I thought his legs looked just fine in his terrible performance Vs Indy. What I question is his arm strength and accuracy.

woodbuck27
01-14-2015, 02:02 PM
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/11/nfl-playoffs-divisional-round-peyton-manning-dez-bryant-andrew-luck

Could latest playoff loss mark the end of the line for Manning? More Snaps

Time for Peyton Manning to retire?

SI.com's Andrew Perloff and Aaron Nagler discuss Peyton Manning's NFL future.

by: Don Banks

Posted: Sun Jan. 11, 2015 ... Updated: Mon Jan. 12, 2015

woodbuck27
01-15-2015, 07:49 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/01/13/peyton-manning-questions-remaining-as-he-contemplates-decision/21717515/

Broncos left in limbo as Peyton Manning mulls options

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 9:16 a.m. EST January 14, 2015

"I think that it's too early for us to talk about Peyton, whether Peyton's going to come back or not. Especially for Peyton to talk about it. Until Peyton figures that out, there's no sense in us really talking about it," Elway said Tuesday. "There is no question the candidates are going to want to know where Peyton is. At that point in time, I'm going to say the same thing I'm telling you all right now. We don't know exactly what he's going to do. We'll just to have to wait and see and go from there."

Comment woodbuck27:

The drama.

Peyton Manning will put a wrap on just about every All Time NFL passing records with just one more season in the league. There's little chance that man 's passing on that assured opportunity with the record book. Also he's not going out after suffering one of his worst games ever and that Vs Andrew Luck.

ThunderDan
01-15-2015, 08:00 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/01/13/peyton-manning-questions-remaining-as-he-contemplates-decision/21717515/

Broncos left in limbo as Peyton Manning mulls options

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 9:16 a.m. EST January 14, 2015

"I think that it's too early for us to talk about Peyton, whether Peyton's going to come back or not. Especially for Peyton to talk about it. Until Peyton figures that out, there's no sense in us really talking about it," Elway said Tuesday. "There is no question the candidates are going to want to know where Peyton is. At that point in time, I'm going to say the same thing I'm telling you all right now. We don't know exactly what he's going to do. We'll just to have to wait and see and go from there."

Comment woodbuck27:

The drama.

Peyton Manning will put a wrap on just about every All Time NFL passing records with just one more season in the league. There's little chance that man 's passing on that assured opportunity with the record book. Also he's not going out after suffering one of his worst games ever and that Vs Andrew Luck.

He won't beat the INT record!

woodbuck27
01-16-2015, 07:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459515/article/demarcus-ware-i-think-peyton-manning-will-be-back

DeMarcus Ware: I think Peyton Manning will be back

By: Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Jan. 16, 2015 at 07:47 a.m. ... Updated: Jan. 16, 2015 at 08:03 a.m

" ..." Broncos defensive end DeMarcus Ware is confident in one thing: Manning will return. Ware told USA Today's Lindsay Jones on Thursday he's spoken to the quarterback since the Divisional Round loss and believes retirement isn't on Manning plate.

"Me and Peyton will always talk back and forth about things. Now he's just looking forward to the next season and how we can get better," Ware said. "I think he'll be back. I feel like he still has a couple years in him." ..."

woodbuck27
01-20-2015, 08:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/kubiak-doesnt-have-much-to-say-about-peytons-future/

Kubiak doesn’t have much to say about Peyton’s future

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 2:23 PM EST

woodbuck27
01-30-2015, 05:31 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-peyton-manning-expects-to-make-a-decision-soon-on-future/ar-AA8MSOo

Broncos' Peyton Manning expects 'to make a decision soon' on future

USA Today Sports ... 3 hrs ago

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 10:36 PM
News FLASH !!!!

Are you sitting down?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/09/report-peyton-manning-preparing-to-play-in-2015/

Report: Peyton Manning preparing to play in 2015

Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 9, 2015, 10:08 PM EST

Pugger
02-09-2015, 11:35 PM
News FLASH !!!!

Are you sitting down?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/09/report-peyton-manning-preparing-to-play-in-2015/

Report: Peyton Manning preparing to play in 2015

Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 9, 2015, 10:08 PM EST

I'm not that surprised. I guess it is hard for some guys to walk away from the game. It will be interesting to see if his sub-par play was because of his thigh injury or if indeed his arm is shot.

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 11:46 PM
I'm not that surprised. I guess it is hard for some guys to walk away from the game. It will be interesting to see if his sub-par play was because of his thigh injury or if indeed his arm is shot.

He'll make about $30 M$ including endorsements.

He'll own all of the prime NFL passing records. He'll have a shot at being selected for his 15th Pro Bowl or an NFL Record.

He has a shot at helping to get the Broncos into the playoffs if his arm and legs stand up. His problem of playing in the cold won't disappear nor that one year older in age.

Peyton Manning will be an interesting watch.

woodbuck27
02-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

OK now were getting down to reality...a reality check for Peyton Manning.

Is Manning losing some control over the 'whole' situation?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/16/talk-increases-that-peyton-manning-should-take-a-pay-cut/

Talk increases that Peyton Manning should take a pay cut

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 16, 2015, 10:51 AM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

This is getting interesting.

woodbuck27
02-17-2015, 06:00 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

OK now were getting down to reality...a reality check for Peyton Manning.

Is Manning losing some control over the 'whole' situation?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/16/talk-increases-that-peyton-manning-should-take-a-pay-cut/

Talk increases that Peyton Manning should take a pay cut

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 16, 2015, 10:51 AM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

This is getting interesting.

Elway wants Manning>>>Manning wants the BRONCOS.

Lets see how long it takes for both sides to really agree on 2015 and that in terms of $$$$$.

This was released on Feb. 12, 2015

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/02/13/peyton-manning-healthy-return-2015-season-john-elway/23381249/

woodbuck27
02-17-2015, 10:07 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/17/gary-kubiak-i-expect-peyton-back-and-want-him-back/

Gary Kubiak: I expect Peyton back and want him back

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 17, 2015, 8:07 PM EST