PDA

View Full Version : I beleave that DL Jenkins will be traded...

pack4to84
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Packers | Team could try to trade a DT
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:08:26 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports because of the glut of defensive tackles, Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson might be willing to part with one in a trade if he can get the right compensation. Thompson said Tuesday, Aug. 29, that he did have a surplus of players for at least one position but wouldn't identify where that was.

Jenkins was the only one that look good. He showed in the Cin game that he can pass rush. He was on the highly's or low Lights from our view of them. Hiting C.Palmer. I think some other team is looking for a pass rush interior lineman, Jenkins could be their man.

PTPaQ
08-30-2006, 02:39 PM
LoL if he was the only one that looked good why would we trade him?

wist43
08-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I would think that Corey Williams would be the most likely to be dealt - or maybe Cole. Jenkins simply has too much value as an interior pass rusher... every team is looking for that.

In trading one of their interior linemen, they'd be looking to move the player who isn't going to make their team, but still has value. To me, that's looking like Williams.

Allen was very stout at the point of attack on Monday night, and showed enough in camp, that I think he will probably stick.

pack4to84
08-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Because you have to give up value to get value. Right now Jenkins value is pass rushing. In the NFL interior DL pass rushers are hard to find. Right now Packers need more then just One guy.

Willard
08-30-2006, 02:52 PM
This is kind of a Catch22, but clearly the players that have the most trade value are the ones who are playing the best ball during the preseason. The question is: who on the DL is expendable yet still has value for another team? The other question is: will a team make a trade now if they think they can grab whoever we get rid of on Saturday?

I think Jenkins has a unique skill not shared by the other DTs--interior pass rushing ability. I would rather put Allen, Cole, and Williams on the block. We could live with the remaining 2 if we got an offer enticing enough to offload the third.

BlueBrewer
08-30-2006, 03:44 PM
This is kind of a Catch22, but clearly the players that have the most trade value are the ones who are playing the best ball during the preseason. The question is: who on the DL is expendable yet still has value for another team? The other question is: will a team make a trade now if they think they can grab whoever we get rid of on Saturday?

I think Jenkins has a unique skill not shared by the other DTs--interior pass rushing ability. I would rather put Allen, Cole, and Williams on the block. We could live with the remaining 2 if we got an offer enticing enough to offload the third.

To say that the guy has unique skill after two QB knockdowns in a preseason game is a bit of stretch in my opinion.

Willard
08-30-2006, 03:57 PM

To say that the guy has unique skill after two QB knockdowns in a preseason game is a bit of stretch in my opinion.

Unfortunately I think it is unique on the Packers roster, but I agree not across the league.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Because you have to give up value to get value. Right now Jenkins value is pass rushing. In the NFL interior DL pass rushers are hard to find. Right now Packers need more then just One guy.

Your right they need more than one good guy, so why not have one good guy than zero?

Guiness
08-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Cullens is the only one I can see having much trade value at this point. If there is someone else they think can show something, they need to showcase him during the next preseason game.

No one will give us anything for Allen, Cole or Williams, because they don't see any difference either, and know one will be available after the week-end.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2006, 05:19 PM
ok we have 4 young DT's, so why should we trade the best pass rusher?

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Cullens is the only one I can see having much trade value at this point. If there is someone else they think can show something, they need to showcase him during the next preseason game.

No one will give us anything for Allen, Cole or Williams, because they don't see any difference either, and know one will be available after the week-end.

I have the impression fr. TC reports, that DT Colin Cole was doing very well Guiness.

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH in 2006.

flipnout91
08-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Because you have to give up value to get value. Right now Jenkins value is pass rushing. In the NFL interior DL pass rushers are hard to find. Right now Packers need more then just One guy. We should keep him. You said it yourself. Interior pass rushers are hard to find.

MadtownPacker
08-30-2006, 07:32 PM
OK if TT trades Jenkins I will officially jump off his band wagaon.

Dont do it TT!!!

Green Bud Packer
08-30-2006, 07:51 PM
OK if TT trades Jenkins I will officially jump off his bandwagon!!!as driver of the bandwagon i must let you know i don't slow down for jumpers. i swerve and try to get them with the rear wheels

MadtownPacker
08-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I would deserve it too but dammit, Jenkins is a good! Perfect for building depth.

K-town
08-30-2006, 07:57 PM
OK if TT trades Jenkins I will officially jump off his bandwagon!!!as driver of the bandwagon i must let you know i don't slow down for jumpers. i swerve and try to get them with the rear wheels

I thought maybe you braked, and then threw the bus in reverse to get the 'jumpers.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Aww come on guys. TT ain't stupid. Ya lose the guy that flashed once or twice, not the one who's doing consistently well. Those guys you keep and build off of.