PDA

View Full Version : Trent Richardson career as good as done?

Guiness
01-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Trent Richardson isn't making the trip to New England
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/17/trent-richardson-doesnt-travel-with-colts-on-saturday-for-personal-reasons/
for 'personal reasons'.

He's slipped to, at least, 3rd on the Colts depth chart, and they have another back who plays STs. It looks like he's been active pretty much every game this season, but has fallen fully out of favor and isn't even starting anymore (he did start 12 games).

Colts pay him $3.2M whether he with them or not (fully guaranteed, no offset language), but my money says they'd rather have a roster spot than a guy making that money and maybe playing STs.

red
01-17-2015, 04:58 PM
his career was close to done before the browns even traded him

the colts look like the biggest morons ever, to give up a first round pick for a 2nd year running back who looked to be a bust before the trade

we're damn lucky eddy didn't follow in the same mold as the guy he use to backup

red
01-17-2015, 05:01 PM
he'll probably get another chance somewhere next year after the colts cut him, but he won't make more then the minimum ever again

and this is example one of why the age of the high first round running back is dead

too much of a crap shoot, careers are too short, and your chances of finding a starting RB in the later rounds might be better then finding one in the first round

Joemailman
01-17-2015, 05:17 PM
2 teams made the mistake of giving up a 1st round pick for him. Now he's not going to show up for the AFC Title Game for "personal reasons"? His career deserves to be over, and it probably will be.

Joemailman
01-17-2015, 05:55 PM
his career was close to done before the browns even traded him

the colts look like the biggest morons ever, to give up a first round pick for a 2nd year running back who looked to be a bust before the trade

we're damn lucky eddy didn't follow in the same mold as the guy he use to backup

We're damn lucky Ted Thompson was running the Packers draft and not Mike Holmgren. Holmgren had 2 1st round picks in 2012. He took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden. Ouch!

Joemailman
01-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Probably should acknowledge that Richardson's personal reasons could be a family tragedy. You never know.

Guiness
01-17-2015, 07:40 PM
Probably should acknowledge that Richardson's personal reasons could be a family tragedy. You never know.

The overwhelming response to the announcement on Twitter was "Personally, I think he sucks". And these pretty good zingers:
@KBowenColts @Colts Trent Richardson didn't make the trip because New England is farther than 2 yards away.

Kevin Remenap ‏ @Colts Is "not invited" a personal reason?

He was a (healthy?) scratch for the Denver game, and was bent out of shape about it

will never happen to me again," Richardson said Thursday. "Anybody can quote me, today, because it's never going to happen again.

woodbuck27
01-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Also, reserve offensive tackle Xavier Nixon missed the team flight Saturday and has been listed as out for the game.

This is the game for the AFC Championship and you somehow miss your flight time!? I cannot imagine the excuse.

vince
01-17-2015, 07:57 PM
The overwhelming response to the announcement on Twitter was "Personally, I think he sucks". And these pretty good zingers:
@KBowenColts @Colts Trent Richardson didn't make the trip because New England is farther than 2 yards away.

Kevin Remenap ‏ @Colts Is "not invited" a personal reason?

He was a (healthy?) scratch for the Denver game, and was bent out of shape about it
Stick a fork in that guy. Can't play AND bad attitude? Maybe the Bears will think they can make something out of him.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 12:44 AM
Stick a fork in that guy. Can't play AND bad attitude? Maybe the Bears will think they can make something out of him.

Those days are over. Bears org has become solid overnight. (I may eat those words, depending on Cutler sit)

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Those days are over. Bears org has become solid overnight. (I may eat those words, depending on Cutler sit)

The situation with the Bears will be interesting. The GM and coach seem to be solid. But the Bears are a family-owned team. The question is whether McCaskey and Ted Phillips will let the GM and coach run the football team without interference.

red
01-18-2015, 10:17 AM

i doubt it's actually personal reasons

he was left off the team last week because he wasn't good enough on ST and his coach said the 3rd string running back needs to be able to play on special teams

i'm guessing he found out he wasn't in todays lineup and "called in sick"

Tony Oday
01-18-2015, 10:20 AM
It is a family member in the hospital.

vince
01-18-2015, 10:30 AM
After Guiness' post above I call B.S. on that one.

I'm feeling fucking feisty this morning. Must be something big about to happen.

Guiness
01-18-2015, 12:46 PM

That's his claim, yes, and that he's still 'at the hospital'. Sorry bud, but if that's the case, there's nothing you can do. As far as your job goes, this is the ultimate crunch time, and you *need* to be there. IMO there is probably someone in his family sick, and he is using it as an excuse because he knew he'd be a healthy scratch again, and doesn't want the embarassment.

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 12:57 PM

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/01/17/trent-richardson-doesnt-travel-with-colts/21920371/

Source: Family medical issue sidelines Trent Richardson

Stephen Holder and Zak Keefer, zak.keefer@indystar.com 11:13 a.m. EST January 18, 2015

Stephen Holder ✔ @HolderStephen

re: Trent Richardson, there’s more to the story than just missing walkthrough. I’m told there’s a legit family issue of personal nature

9:30 AM - 18 Jan 2015

Tony Oday
01-18-2015, 01:39 PM
That's his claim, yes, and that he's still 'at the hospital'. Sorry bud, but if that's the case, there's nothing you can do. As far as your job goes, this is the ultimate crunch time, and you *need* to be there. IMO there is probably someone in his family sick, and he is using it as an excuse because he knew he'd be a healthy scratch again, and doesn't want the embarassment.

Or he realises family is more important than his job.

woodbuck27
01-23-2015, 11:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462457/article/colts-trent-richardson-suspended-for-two-games

Colts' Trent Richardson suspended for two games

By Dan Hanzus ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Jan. 23, 2015 at 01:04 p.m. ... Updated: Jan. 23, 2015 at 01:45 p.m

" ... General manager Ryan Grigson said at a news conference Friday that Richardson was suspended for two games. The Colts told NFL Media that Richardson has one game remaining on his suspension, and it's up to the team's discretion whether he will serve it next season. Grigson did not elaborate further, citing personal reasons. ..."

mraynrand
01-23-2015, 11:13 PM
Colts' Trent Richardson suspended for two games

probably he let the air out of some footballs

red
01-23-2015, 11:30 PM
told you

woodbuck27
01-23-2015, 11:47 PM
told you

Yea...something is wanky there.

He was given a two game suspension but missed Indy @ NE because of "a legit family issue of a personal nature". Ref: Post #16.

Just one game remains on that suspension? WOW! :whaa:

Guiness
01-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Family emergency turns into a 2 game suspension - to be carried over into next year. There is some speculation that the suspension would allow the Colts to weasel out of the last guarantee year of his contract, but I can't see that, unless something pretty serious behind the suspension comes to light.

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 01:42 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/09/report-weight-gain-lack-of-accessibility-soured-colts-on-trent-richardson/

Report: Weight gain, inaccessibility soured Colts on Trent Richardson

Posted by Josh Alper on February 9, 2015, 1:22 PM EST

" Richardson’s rookie deal guaranteed him $3.18 million in salary for 2015, but the Colts may try to use the suspension to void that guarantee. "

Comment woodbuck27:

This story sheds more light on that strange announcement of a two game suspension after we learned that he was absent from the AFCC game with the NE Patriots because of 'a personal family matter'.

Damn but this can be a shitty world. :-)

Guiness
02-09-2015, 04:56 PM
plagiarized from a PFT poster:

Wow. Top of the 2012 draft looks pretty nasty.

1) Luck (big hit)
2) RG3 (regressed big time)
3) Richardson (bust)
4) Kalil (regressed big time)
5) Blackmon (drug issues, probable bust)

Carolina_Packer
02-09-2015, 08:51 PM
plagiarized from a PFT poster:

Keep going...Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron. If you look at the whole 1st round from that draft, I think the bottom half of the 1st round was just as likely to hit as the top.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012

If you could undo one pick from that draft with someone from the same or later round, who would it be? I would skip drafting Jerel Worthy and draft Russell Wilson. As it turns out, Worthy busted anyway, so the pick was already wasted. So, in light of that, why not draft defensively and pick Wilson? It keeps him away from Seattle, and while they may have had some of the success they've enjoyed since 2012, I don't know if they could have gotten where they are now without Wilson. Sure, he would have been buried behind Rodgers, but as it turns out in 2013, A-Rod got hurt and missed about half a season, and if the Packers had Wilson, that would have show-cased his abilities and caused teams to line-up trade offers. Would it have been a head scratching choice made in real time in 2012? Yes, but it doesn't sound so strange now, given how Worthy busted out and what Wilson has become.

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Keep going...Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron. If you look at the whole 1st round from that draft, I think the bottom half of the 1st round was just as likely to hit as the top.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012

If you could undo one pick from that draft with someone from the same or later round, who would it be? I would skip drafting Jerel Worthy and draft Russell Wilson. As it turns out, Worthy busted anyway, so the pick was already wasted. So, in light of that, why not draft defensively and pick Wilson? It keeps him away from Seattle, and while they may have had some of the success they've enjoyed since 2012, I don't know if they could have gotten where they are now without Wilson. Sure, he would have been buried behind Rodgers, but as it turns out in 2013, A-Rod got hurt and missed about half a season, and if the Packers had Wilson, that would have show-cased his abilities and caused teams to line-up trade offers. Would it have been a head scratching choice made in real time in 2012? Yes, but it doesn't sound so strange now, given how Worthy busted out and what Wilson has become.

I want someone that is available to help out every game. I'm going to go with a player that was 'as opposed to what the experts were saying...NFL ready.

That player is LB Lavonte David picked by Tampa Bay in Round 2. (NO. 58) or 7 picks after Jerel Worthy (NO.51).

Lavonte David plays with heart.

Career NFL statistics as of 2014:

Tackles 425 ; sacks 10.0 ; FF's 5 and 6 Picks.

PFW/PFWA All-Rookie Team (2012); First-team All-Pro (2013).

Ranked No. 35 in the Top 100 Players of 2014 and in the new "Tampa 2" system he was outstanding with 146 combined tackles (101 Solo),1 Sack, 4 FF's, and 3 PD's earned Lavonte David a selection as an alternate for the 2015 Pro Bowl.

Notables:

WR's Mohamed Sanu (NO.83) and TY Hilton (NO.92) went in the 3rd Round.