PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fan? What are YOU Seeing - Feeling - Doing and Missing?

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Packer Fan? What are YOU Seeing - Feeling - Doing and Missing?

This post is inspired by two of OUR members. On " their reality " regarding the issue on another thread, regarding an event " in the Bengals game this past Monday Night".

A Brett Favre fumble, that led to a TD for " the Bengals ".

I appreciate what that examination of/for the TRUTH does for ALL of us here at PACKERRATS.

You know who YOU are. What side of the fence YOU live on. :idea:

" the REAL ...or...serious Packer fan " ... as another poster express'd it, on a thread one evening last week.

Alot of those here... Thank GOODNESS for PACKERRATS. NOT to imply snobbery nor group posters at PACKERRATS.

We are ONE here I trust, through ONE common chant. GO PACK GO !

Well... then, there's OUR esteemed member Rastak and Minny fan. A solid member and contributor to OUR Packer HOME.

We may learn fr. one another here. Some strong on this or that aspect of football etc.; other's offer us different qualities / strengths that are positive and lead to growth in OUR experience here.

Isn't it about an attitude of open mindedness and maybe alot more?

I try to be here:

My perspective may need some polishing. LIFE... always, a continuous process of trying to find the TRUTH. To grow as a Packer fan at PACKERRATS, but moreso as a person.

That's sometime's a difficult chore. :mrgreen:

This FORUM gets better every week/month in my view PACKERRATS.

OUR PACKER HOME is ALL about OUR combined efforts and contributions to the Big Picture. As Packer fans ,YES... but moreso I trust as human beings/people. How we deal with Green Bay Packer good and bad fortunes is OUR central focus. What truly brings us together.

I appreciate poster's that look at plays on tape over and over, to get the proper perspective... on WHY... that particular result went down.

As a Coach does, as a serious Packer player does i.e. OUR CB Al Harris... to break it down, to see - then work to solve the real problem?

We have people at PACKERRATS that do just that. Then kindly offer that discovered insight for the membership. For all of us to grow as football fans in what happened, but moreso and more importantly...WHY it happened.

Outstanding!

I'm challenged not to blow my stack, when I have to deal with Packer fans that toss down HARD on Packer players, based on a preseason game's results.

What that game was for is alot more valuable than "just a win" and the Rah Rah aftermath of a GREAT VICTORY in another preseason game.

Don't get me wrong.

We needed to get pumped by the result of " the Falcons " game after OUR stinko first preseason game Vs." the Chargers ".

Of course... we realize that " the Chargers " and " the Bengals " are two very solid teams and seriously playoff bound?

What was the agenda of OUR HC /Coach's... the overall focus in that preseason game?

Often, the Coachs are simply trying out things, or using that preseason game to simply and dynamically try certain offensive and defensive schemes. It's not at all about, winning a preseason game at all cost.

Mike McCarthy may be trying /experimenting with Offensive game plans and with OUR Defensive Co-Ordinator seeing what OUR players capability is in cerain Defensive alignments and strategies? What will work best? A man to man set here, and a zone alignment there in real game action.That preseason game's (gameplan) may be skuttled. We have a Rookie HC as a reality and many on his staf are people he's familiar wih but that doesn'r translae to instant success,hardly. We are going to have serious results from growing pains. It will...come with the territory. I believe that.

Is it possible giving OUR talent, to go to this or that defensive format for what will really work best for a positve outcome? Preseason game are that time to try things at no real cost. So we see something that seems OK in one preseason game swapped for another scheme that flops. It's all about input and reaction to a dynamic response. Just part of the process towords playing OUR game once the Regular season rolls up on us.

Some of these schemes utilized in a preseason game are on a mere trial basis, and we may never see that ONE used in a regular season game.

One of my pet peeve's and sorry but here it comes.

Some of my fellow PACKERRAT's are really fast...to get DOWN HARD on OUR future HOFer QB and a Packer LEADER, Brett Favre.

I had to endure it all, in the off season, in regard to his play LAST SEASON. Try to get past that PLEASE. It's gone !!

Try harder to be FAIR to Brett Favre and ALL he has been for us as Packer fans/and remains for " the Green Bay Packers " immediate future.

I certainly will agree with all you whenever Brett Favre is the problem... when Brett Favre is screwing up... but it started again, during and following the Bengals, just a preseason game

Let's learn TRUTH from anything that Bengals game gave us, move forward with a +ve outlook to Friday Night and beyond that to Sept.10th and "the Chicago Bears".

I too have to constantly remind myself of that. :mrgreen:

It's ALL about OUR FIRST SEASONAL GAME. da Bears....

I was looking at Favre's career and comparing it to ALL the other QB's that exist in the NFL today and I am constantly impressed with what he's done as a PRO QB for us. Brett Favre has given to us...

HE"S " the REAL Deal

As a friend of mine says... " Favre... He's the shit ".

I have had to deal with people's criticisms of Brett Favre and self proclaimed die hard in the mud serious Packer fans amongst them....

that " just want him gone ". I shake my head in total shock and disbelief.

I have to bear the shame of these... sorry... but wear the label as it fits... that are down... (on OUR QB for the past 14 season's).

Brett Favre isn't yesterday's wash water.

I ask this of ALL.

How could any of YOU challenge Favre's professionalism (given his career to date), his attitude, competitiveness, leadership and his strengths as a human being?

Sticking just to " the facts " Ehh !! :mrgreen:

Now I offer this explanation on last season:

I draw an analogy between the 2005 Packer offense and "a Platoon".

By definition:

A platoon is a military unit. In an army, a platoon is a unit of thirty to forty soldiers typically commanded by a lieutenant... assisted by a ...
non-commissioned officer.

If you were yourself to look at OUR Starting offense last season... as a platoon.

That platoon has been assembeled and drilled and hardened and enabled/ready... ready for the consequences or reality's of battle Vs. an enemy that has one serious objective against every member of that platoon.Compromise the platoon's strength.

It's members (the platoon's) in their loyalty and duty to one another - have a common objective. To act effectively in protecting on another and achieving successful outcomes, based on certain plans of the Higher Command.

What that means in layman's terms is that...

Each member of the platoon has a personal interest in not letting the other fella down, and not becoming a victim of adversity or getting his/her ass in a sling and consequently his fellow platoon members... ass shot off.

In 2005 we had too many of OUR first line offense and second and third line offense get theis ass's in a sling that had an inevitable impact of outcomes as all that remained was...

a lieutenant (OUR QB, Brett Favre)... assisted by a non-commissioned officer, let's give that fella a name and that's...
WR Donald Driver.

Brett Favre and Donald Driver still maintained their scrap throughout 2005 despite overwhelming odds of getting us wins,,, yet they didn't get their ass's shot off !! Really ...???

HOW VERY GOOD FAVRE and DRIVER were last season . If you missed that....

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH and SUPPORT in 2006.

CaptainKickass
08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Damn dude.

Are you a preacher or Tony Robbins?

And what's up with always bolding OUR and some other select words in all of your posts?

That post was sooooooo long and discombobulated that I just couldn't read it all.

Just another useless rant - no offense meant by it, I'm just mystified by your methodology.

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Damn dude.

Are you a preacher or Tony Robbins?

And what's up with always bolding OUR and some other select words in all of your posts?

That post was sooooooo long and discombobulated that I just couldn't read it all.

Just another useless rant - no offense meant by it, I'm just mystified by your methodology.

Sorry for your pain CaptainKickass.

Thanks for the criticism. I edited my post according to what may be more acceptable to YOU. :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH in OUR FUTURE !!

prsnfoto
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
I agree with you woodbuck if the tape is replayed it was a fumble and ultimately brett's fault, however he double pumped because his blocker cut in front of him had he thrown it would likely have bounced off the blocker and possibly been picked off, the Int was a rocket but Driver should've caught it that is why he got a huge contract extension same with everyone else there were no less than 8 drops many on third down. Brett didn't look great but considering he was running for his life he was not the problem, wonderboy looked much worse. All the favre haters might want to think about A-Rods glorious stats he might not turn it over but how many games are we going to win with him going 5-25 47yds and the running game going 24 atts 48 yards go ahead laugh you do the math BULLDOG, in a perfect world we could trade Carroll,Fergie, and Barnett for Tom Brady but god doesn't want us to win the SB. :mrgreen:

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Woodbuck27 has broken the PackerRats longest post record by a mile. A whopping

1,485 words

Congrats Woody. Good post by the way, too.

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 04:07 PM
I agree with you woodbuck if the tape is replayed it was a fumble and ultimately brett's fault, however he double pumped because his blocker cut in front of him had he thrown it would likely have bounced off the blocker and possibly been picked off, the Int was a rocket but Driver should've caught it that is why he got a huge contract extension same with everyone else there were no less than 8 drops many on third down. Brett didn't look great but considering he was running for his life he was not the problem, wonderboy looked much worse. All the favre haters might want to think about A-Rods glorious stats he might not turn it over but how many games are we going to win with him going 5-25 47yds and the running game going 24 atts 48 yards go ahead laugh you do the math BULLDOG, in a perfect world we could trade Carroll,Fergie, and Barnett for Tom Brady but god doesn't want us to win the SB. :mrgreen:

What I am seeing in Packer fans is a tendency to get all stewed up over the obvious. We will suffer growing pains as this TEAM is certainly Re-building. LOL

It didn't have to get where TT ... is putting good into bad. In my view. We needed REAL help for 2006. HELP on Offense.I'm still hopeful that we don't have to suffer Ted's ommission of neglect on OUR "O".

The Vet's are OUR REAL strength and they needed TT's support but...

OUR Offense was " in fact " left more than slightly "bare ass'd", by OUR GM Ted Thompson for 2006. He is one very perplexing man a moi. :mrgreen:

The only creditability we have remaining as a Franchise, attempting to hang onto some dignity is the OLD guard... led by Favre and Green, Henderson etc and Donald Driver as well.

Will time and watching Favre enable Aaron Rodgers? Maybe with solid coaching but to expect him to get there with game experience isn't in my view sensable as he'll get creamed behind the OL that Ted supplied us.

How many checkdown pass's can he be forced to make? Put him inside the red zone and see how he'll do?

That's one question, but the bigger one is. How does he arrive there?

OUR RB's can't run the ball if they and the OL arn't on the same page.Without the RUN there is no chance of effective play actionand without the RUN OUR "D" is on the field far too long over the course of 4-6 ganes and we will get worn down and humiliated.

Ted Thompson...???

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Woodbuck27 has broken the PackerRats longest post record by a mile. A whopping

1,485 words

Congrats Woody. Good post by the way, too.

CaptainKickass ranged down on me " like a falcon on a stray cat "
"... so I decided to rip alot of those words out of the original post BallHawk. :mrgreen:

PACKERS ! HOLD SOME FAITH FANS.

CaptainKickass
08-30-2006, 06:48 PM

Thanks for the criticism. I edited my post according to what may be more acceptable to YOU.

First - you probably shouldn't care what may be "more acceptable" to me.
Second - you have some good thoughts and are obviously a rabid Packer fan. I appreciate the enthusiasm.
Third - I actually would like to read what you have to say but all that bolding, CAPS, spacing, double spacing etc. etc. reminds me of the old ransom note using different letters cut from different fonts in a newspaper. It's just a bit difficult for the speed reader in me. And sometimes your over-emphasis ends up interrupting the flow of your commentary.

For example -

Standard sentence:

"We want Brett Favre to return to our packers for another 2 years and lead us to the Superbowl."

Woodbuck's version:

"We WANT Brett Favre to return to OUR packers for another 2 years and lead US to the Superbowl."

Possible happy medium:

"We want Brett Favre to return to our packers for another 2 years and lead us to the Superbowl."

Now having said that - If I were you I'd be telling me to take a leap and kiss my butt, (not necessarily in that order) and that if "you don't like my posting style then don't read it" blah, blah, blah. And if that's how you feel then so be it.

But - you seem like a guy who takes the higher road and maybe you could tone it down a bit for those of us (or perhaps just me) who need to blaze through these posts to get all the info, and allow us to perhaps get a bit more out of your writings.

Regards,

The Captain

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the criticism. I edited my post according to what may be more acceptable to YOU.

First - you probably shouldn't care what may be "more acceptable" to me.
Second - you have some good thoughts and are obviously a rabid Packer fan. I appreciate the enthusiasm.
Third - I actually would like to read what you have to say but all that bolding, CAPS, spacing, double spacing etc. etc. reminds me of the old ransom note using different letters cut from different fonts in a newspaper. It's just a bit difficult for the speed reader in me. And sometimes your over-emphasis ends up interrupting the flow of your commentary.

For example -

Standard sentence:

Woodbuck's version:

"We WANT Brett Favre to return to OUR packers for another 2 years and lead US to the Superbowl."

Possible happy medium:

Now having said that - If I were you I'd be telling me to take a leap and kiss my butt, (not necessarily in that order) and that if "you don't like my posting style then don't read it" blah, blah, blah. And if that's how you feel then so be it.

But - you seem like a guy who takes the higher road and maybe you could tone it down a bit for those of us (or perhaps just me) who need to blaze through these posts to get all the info, and allow us to perhaps get a bit more out of your writings.

Regards,

The Captain

CaptainKickass:

I took your criticism positively CaptainKickass, and "in fact" immediately, went back to my post and edited it, with your criticisms in mind.

I certainly don't disrespect any members here, and invite criticisms, as then I may take a closer examination of me and my style.

YES I'm enthusiastic, not sure I'm "the rabid Packer fan"? What's that mean? I don't have a clue.

AgainThank You for the help Captain. :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO ! FAITH in OUR FUTURE !!

CaptainKickass
08-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Woodbuck -

It's Rabid not Rapid.

Ya know?

Like a dog with rabies is considered rabid.

But a dog who runs really fast is considered rapid.

Well - that was fun now wasn't it?

Regards,

The Captain

:mrgreen: :D

woodbuck27
08-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Woodbuck -

It's Rabid not Rapid.

Ya know?

Like a dog with rabies is considered rabid.

But a dog who runs really fast is considered rapid.

Well - that was fun now wasn't it?

Regards,

The Captain

:mrgreen: :D

Thanks again Captain.

Now again...I don't believe I'm the ra(b)id Packer fan? :mrgreen:

whatever?

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH !!