PDA

View Full Version : Not even upset

bobblehead
01-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Being upset that we lost a game that we coached that poorly would be pointless. We played not to lose and we got what we deserved. Seattle didnt' deserve to win, but we sure as shit deserved to lose based on the coaching decisions we made.

We kicked the shit out of the seahawks and lost because we decided we had done enough to win. We changed our style and approach and got more and more cautious as the end neared.

McCarthy owns this one. Not slocum, not capers, but McCarthy as the philosophy a game is played, is on the head coach. We decided to mail it in and milk the clock instead of putting a team away. Loss well earned, winning that way would have been a crime.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-18-2015, 05:59 PM
I am upset that we were so close and yet pissed it away. All those little mistakes at the end, and one of which went our way and we win. Will take awhile to get over this.

esoxx
01-18-2015, 06:01 PM
If you're not upset you're in denial.

Isn't there five steps to the grieving process and denial is the first one? I believe so.

bobblehead
01-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Being upset that we lost would be the equivalent of being upset that Obama's policiies don't work. I know they are wrong, so I know they won't work. Milking the clock from the 9 minute mark is kinda dumb ya think?

Tyrion Lannister
01-18-2015, 06:02 PM
The Packers haven't lost. I'm having a nightmare. I've set the alarm to 2 PM, and I will be waking up soon to catch the start of the NFC Title game.

LEWCWA
01-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Everything I saw was just unbelievable. why would you fall on an int. when you had tons of green in front of you? I agree this is on big mac.....you know seattle isn't going to quit.

HowardRoark
01-18-2015, 06:20 PM
I agree with your assessment, but not necessarily on what I would have executed. With 5 minutes or so left and them needing two TDs to win, and us getting the ball once for sure….it would seem that playing the way they did would assure a victory. UNLESS 100% of the things that could go right for them and wrong for us played out.

And they all did.

In hindsight it’s easy to say not to milk the clock, but two picks and it would have been a different story.

vince
01-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Being upset that we lost a game that we coached that poorly would be pointless. We played not to lose and we got what we deserved. Seattle didnt' deserve to win, but we sure as shit deserved to lose based on the coaching decisions we made.

We kicked the shit out of the seahawks and lost because we decided we had done enough to win. We changed our style and approach and got more and more cautious as the end neared.

McCarthy owns this one. Not slocum, not capers, but McCarthy as the philosophy a game is played, is on the head coach. We decided to mail it in and milk the clock instead of putting a team away. Loss well earned, winning that way would have been a crime.
Great to see your post Bobble. I don't agree at all with the meaningless 20-20 hingsight "we played not to lose" mindset. THEY HAD THE GAME WON. Those guys played their asses off and beat the defending world champs in their place to earn a Super Bowl berth.

Had the easy onside kick been recovered - we'd be jumping for joy and singing their praises for locking down Seattle's offense and gritting out enough offense to outplay the league's premier defense.

LEWCWA
01-18-2015, 06:29 PM
I went into today's game with no chance of being upset. Figured Seattle would win, might take Pack behind the woodshed. Hoped GB could make a game of it, maybe pull the upset. Well fuck me these assholes found a way to piss me off. This is the only scenario that could upset me, game in hand and just give it away....

pbmax
01-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Being upset that we lost would be the equivalent of being upset that Obama's policiies don't work. I know they are wrong, so I know they won't work. Milking the clock from the 9 minute mark is kinda dumb ya think?

Why do you do this?

Fine, you are not upset, the Packers got what they deserved. Enough said.

vince
01-18-2015, 06:31 PM
I went into today's game with no chance of being upset. Figured Seattle would win, might take Pack behind the woodshed. Hoped GB could make a game of it, maybe pull the upset. Well fuck me these assholes found a way to piss me off. This is the only scenario that could upset me, game in hand and just give it away....No shit. It's hard to imagine a worse loss. The only scenario that could out do it is if it happened in two weeks as the entire team earned the chance to do - if not for one fucking guy.

wist43
01-18-2015, 06:36 PM
I stopped watching at the 5:00 mark... knew it was over.

This is on MM and dunderdummy - each of them crawled into a shell and just keep hoping the hourglass would drain out... hard to win games like that.

That is their nature though... it has been their nature since they've been here. MM played to win in a few games earlier this year when he passed for 1st downs, but when he began running for minus yardage with 5 minutes left - that was the same as taking a knee and hoping everything worked out, as opposed to being aggressive and going after the win.

It is the weak mindset that both of those coaches have... so?? another season down the drain.

Rutnstrut
01-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Why do you do this?

Fine, you are not upset, the Packers got what they deserved. Enough said.

pb, are you an Obama guy?

denverYooper
01-18-2015, 06:40 PM
I stopped watching at the 5:00 mark... knew it was over.

This is on MM and dunderdummy - each of them crawled into a shell and just keep hoping the hourglass would drain out... hard to win games like that.

That is their nature though... it has been their nature since they've been here. MM played to win in a few games earlier this year when he passed for 1st downs, but when he began running for minus yardage with 5 minutes left - that was the same as taking a knee and hoping everything worked out, as opposed to being aggressive and going after the win.

It is the weak mindset that both of those coaches have... so?? another season down the drain.

This is as dark as I will go, but it is not a surprise that you have all of the health issues that you have. Mindset explains everything.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2015, 06:42 PM
I agree with your assessment, but not necessarily on what I would have executed. With 5 minutes or so left and them needing two TDs to win, and us getting the ball once for sure….it would seem that playing the way they did would assure a victory. UNLESS 100% of the things that could go right for them and wrong for us played out.

And they all did.

In hindsight it’s easy to say not to milk the clock, but two picks and it would have been a different story.

So, Stubby called three Lacy dives for what reason?

To milk the clock? No, that wouldn't make sense because Seattle has all three time outs.

To gain a first down? No, after Lacy was stopped once for a loss, and then twice for a loss, Stubby actually thought a 3rd Lacy rush would gain 16 yards.

Stubby blew it. Clear as day. Not hindsight, just common sense.

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 06:43 PM
This is as dark as I will go, but it is not a surprise that you have all of the health issues that you have. Mindset explains everything.

creepy

pbmax
pb, are you an Obama guy?

I am a guy who would prefer the no politics in the Packers forum rule apply. I don't care if bobble is praising or complaining about Obama.

wist43

I'm high strung, lol... no doubt about that :)

It's my nature... it is what it is.

I come in handy when the going gets rough though ;)

pbmax
01-18-2015, 06:44 PM

To milk the clock? No, that wouldn't make sense because Seattle has all three time outs.

To gain a first down? No, after Lacy was stopped once for a loss, and then twice for a loss, Stubby actually thought a 3rd Lacy rush would gain 16 yards.

Didn't the Seahawks get down to one TO on that drive? Or was that the next?

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 06:45 PM

I agree here. It was obvious after 1st down that Seattle was selling out to stop Lacy. Should have been throwing the ball on 2nd down.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 06:46 PM
I agree here. It was obvious after 1st down that Seattle was selling out to stop Lacy. Should have been throwing the ball on 2nd down.

They also kept losing yardage which doesn't help the field position.

wist43
01-18-2015, 06:47 PM
I have no tolerance for weakness or stupidity... it is why my blood pressure goes thru the roof.

I can actually live with getting beat fair and square, i.e. make a better play... but to lose by way of timidity or outright stupid playcalling?? There's no excuse for that.

Beat me physically?? I'll tip my cap and shake your hand... but it'll be a cold day in hell when I'd lose b/c I was afraid to be aggressive.

HowardRoark
01-18-2015, 06:48 PM

I guess i'm referring to what that other post said that we had a 99% chance of winning at that probability site.....you can keep those probabilities high by not turning the ball over.

Of course as a fan I think they should have been more aggressive. But if I was paid a lot of money to win Super Bowls, it wouldn't be so easy.....

denverYooper
01-18-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm high strung, lol... no doubt about that :)

It's my nature... it is what it is.

I come in handy when the going gets rough though ;)

:) Not unlike my wife, and I mean that with the utmost respect.

You're a good sort Wist.

Like Vonnegut mentioned at one point, maybe a fella's attitude has to do with his digestion.

Brandon494
01-18-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm upset because I knew it was coming...unfucking real.

Freak Out
01-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Not surprised by this thread AT ALL.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Great to see your post Bobble. I don't agree at all with the meaningless 20-20 hingsight "we played not to lose" mindset. THEY HAD THE GAME WON. Those guys played their asses off and beat the defending world champs in their place to earn a Super Bowl berth.

Had the easy onside kick been recovered - we'd be jumping for joy and singing their praises for locking down Seattle's offense and gritting out enough offense to outplay the league's premier defense.

With all due respect, Vince, why would we allow the game to come down to the absolute necessity of recovering an onside kick -- which we all knew Seattle would have to do at some point if they were going to beat us?

After Burnett's interception, we could have been proactive and made a serious effort to make a 1st down or two and avoid an onside kick possibility, or at least minimize its importance by earning a new set of downs to run Seattle out of time outs. We had three downs that we were in control of. (I was wondering at the time if Arod had broken his arm, especially after Lacy first two loss yardage runs.)

Instead, we become reactive, sit on the ball and put all our marbles in the basket of recovering an onside kick.

I truly don't understand that kind of strategy. I guess it's a fundamental difference in approach.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Not surprised by this thread AT ALL.

Everyone's a soothsayer after the game!

Freak Out
01-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Bobble shows up NOW? Shocker.

SMBASS
01-18-2015, 06:55 PM
I went into today's game with no chance of being upset. Figured Seattle would win, might take Pack behind the woodshed. Hoped GB could make a game of it, maybe pull the upset. Well fuck me these assholes found a way to piss me off. This is the only scenario that could upset me, game in hand and just give it away....

Sums up my feelings exactly.

vince
01-18-2015, 06:58 PM

You say it's common sense. Every coach in the league does the same thing. The defense knows you're gonna run the ball - absolutely. You gotta get a first down anyway.

What's frustrating is it seems like opponents do the same thing against the Pack every game they've got a lead late as well. Difference is they seem to be more successful in moving the chains anyway - just like the Packers need to do in that situation.

That's why it's so tough to beat Seattle. Their defense is the best in the league and it keeps them in the game every time.

You gotta run it in that situation and make Seattle burn their timeouts and the clock - knowing full-well it's gonna be damn tough to do..

Looking back and criticizing when it doesn't work sucks, but it's not on the coach. I don't recall anyone criticizing Stubby when they ran the last 5 minutes off the clock consistently this season.

Budding offensive line holds key to Green Bay Packers fate in 2014 (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2294220-budding-offensive-line-holds-key-to-the-green-bay-packers-fate-in-2014)

Just as impressively, the Packers have finished off each of the last three games in the four-minute offense—pounding away at defenses that know the run is coming to effectively kill off the clock and preserve wins.

esoxx
01-18-2015, 06:58 PM

Wait, you skipped to step 3 from step 1. You're already onto bargaining.

It's a process.

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 06:59 PM
After Burnett's interception, we could have been proactive and made a serious effort to make a 1st down or two and avoid an onside kick possibility,

that's where my throbbing headache and heart palpatations began

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 07:01 PM

Unfortunately we have to get used to that as that's Mike McCarthy's way.

He's Mike 'Almost Did It' McCarthy. His style of coaching the Packers will always limit the teams success.

Mike McCarthy works his tail off. He's one heck of a nice fella. The Ultimate winner he isn't. There's simply something missing inside of that man. It's like any sport when you get a decent lead with lots of time remaining in a game.

Do you back up and allow the other team to make moves on you or do you keep charging?

You all should know the answer to that one and MM is always backing away... always backing down.

When you've got that guy down and that guy is capable you knock the crap out of him. You finish him but not Mike.

He won't change and not one member here will ever see Aaron Rodgers win another Super Bowl with MM as his Head Coach.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2015, 07:05 PM
You say it's common sense. Every coach in the league does the same thing. The defense knows you're gonna run the ball - absolutely. You gotta get a first down anyway.

What's frustrating is it seems like opponents do the same thing every game they've got a lead late as well. Difference is they seem to be more successful in moving the chains anyway - just like the Packers need to do as well.

That's why it's so tough to beat Seattle. Their defense is the best in the league and it keeps them in the game every time.

You gotta run it in that situation and make Seattle burn their timeouts and the clock - knowing full-well it's gonna be damn tough to do..

Again, at the risk of beating this dead horse, not every coach in the league runs three times in that situation. Mike Holmgren, for instance, would have figured out a way to throw for the first...and complete the throws...maybe on all three downs.:sad:

Bretsky
01-18-2015, 07:09 PM
They also kept losing yardage which doesn't help the field position.

Can you accept the logistics by many in here that Hoody Genius as a HC would have never let this happen ?
MM seems to always play the odds by going conservative. It almost always works but when it fails it is a terrible terrible feeling that we ignored the strengths of the best QB in the game

vince
01-18-2015, 07:12 PM
Going in almost noone thought the Packers were good enough, with a hobbled Rodgers, to compete in this game. Big underdogs. Most of those people were likely shocked (as was I for most of the game) that the Packers could so thoroughly dominate what most people regard as the clear cream of the NFL.
I didn't think the Packers would be able to hang, much less dominate. They did though. And now it's the coaches fault. That makes no sense. They got what everyone regards as an inferior team on the road to the brink of victory, and there were some unfathomable mistakes by players on the field that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. And it's the coaches' fault? I disagree.

vince
01-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Again, at the risk of beating this dead horse, not every coach in the league runs three times in that situation. Mike Holmgren, for instance, would have figured out a way to throw for the first...and complete the throws...maybe on all three downs.:sad:

No. Holmgren was a classic conservative in those situations. Run three times and punt. Now I gotta go figure out how to dig up proof of that.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 07:13 PM
The problem with predicting an outcome like this is you have to imagine the D collapses too. Does McCarthy know Matthews is out with a hamstring or needing a breather?

Because that isn't a though that occurs to him, he doesn't see that his season is going to come down to an onside kick. Which is 70/30 odds when its expected. But that is the WORST odds the team will face at the end of this game until they are behind.

A two score game that is not a full two TD lead is probably not different enough to change strategy from the Dallas game.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Can you accept the logistics by many in here that Hoody Genius as a HC would have never let this happen ?
MM seems to always play the odds by going conservative. It almost always works but when it fails it is a terrible terrible feeling that we ignored the strengths of the best QB in the game

Hoody play the odds too, but they have an ultra efficient shot passing game that gets someone open short every time.

Did you see a Packer receiver running horizontally who was open at any point during the game? Cobb got pulled down twice on flat routes.

It would have had to be a down field throw unlike BB. BB also has Gronk.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Going in almost noone thought the Packers were good enough, with a hobbled Rodgers, to compete in this game. Big underdogs. Most of those people were likely shocked (as was I for most of the game) that the Packers could so thoroughly dominate what most people regard as the clear cream of the NFL.
I didn't think the Packers would be able to hang, much less dominate. They did though. And now it's the coaches fault. That makes no sense. They got what everyone regards as an inferior team on the road to the brink of victory, and there were some unfathomable mistakes by players on the field that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. And it's the coaches' fault? I disagree.

Makes sense to me. I don't give a rats ass who thought what. All I know is we had the game in the bag and then blew it when we started getting conservative on both sides of the ball. Sure, some players screwed up individual plays but it all went downhill in a hurry qith that conservative bullshit.

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 07:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyhaTQseKTQ

pbmax
No. Holmgren was a classic conservative in those situations. Run three times and punt. Now I gotta go figure out how to dig up proof of that.

Yep. He was a classic trust you defense guy.

Iron Mike
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10885101_709614185819614_3040378911322212448_n.jpg ?oh=c5fb6dac1a3276ae54345ca80a059d99&oe=55610E75

Enjoy next year's season in Oakland, Mr. Bostic. :(

King Friday
You gotta run it in that situation and make Seattle burn their timeouts and the clock - knowing full-well it's gonna be damn tough to do.

Why? Sherman had one good arm at that point. Thomas was dinged up in the game. The Seahawks had not mounted a capable pass rush for most of the game. Their ONLY strong point on defense at that point was stopping the run...and you basically concede the 3-and-out to that strength. As a coach, you need to dictate the strengths and weaknesses to your advantage. That is what wins games. McCarthy clearly did not do this in the last 6+ minutes of this game.

Maxie the Taxi
No. Holmgren was a classic conservative in those situations. Now I gotta go figure out how to dig up proof of that.

All I'm really saying is a completed pass to a back or a slashing WR is the same as a run. We completed passes like that pretty often today to Cobb.

Oh, well. I've got to run. The post game rants helped me blow off steam at least.;-)

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Makes sense to me. I don't give a rats ass who thought what. All I know is we had the game in the bag and then blew it when we started getting conservative on both sides of the ball. Sure, some players screwed up individual plays but it all went downhill in a hurry qith that conservative bullshit.

And it's not hindsight. Even the peanut gallery noted the anal puckering in the final 8 minutes. Both D & O

wist43

Absolutely, I wanted to pass there - pass there to win the game, right there, right then. You've got the best QB in the league - forget the clock!! Get 1st downs, and the clock will take care of itself.

Crawl into a shell at your own peril... and of course as often as not, it ends badly. I'd rather go down swinging with my best stuff.

I agree with the comment about Belicheater - he's a foot on your throat finisher... he absolutely would be passing there, and I would have been too. Stubby's nature is to crawl into a shell, and so is dunderdummy's - it cost us a shot at Superbowl this season.

On to next year :(

King Friday
Yep. He was a classic trust you defense guy.

Well, it is easy to trust a defense with Reggie White, LeRoy Butler, Gilbert Brown, etc. That defense is not our current defense.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Hoody play the odds too, but they have an ultra efficient shot passing game that gets someone open short every time.

Did you see a Packer receiver running horizontally who was open at any point during the game? Cobb got pulled down twice on flat routes.

It would have had to be a down field throw unlike BB. BB also has Gronk.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos play a lot of the short passing game which seems unstoppable.

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 07:19 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10885101_709614185819614_3040378911322212448_n.jpg ?oh=c5fb6dac1a3276ae54345ca80a059d99&oe=55610E75

Will "bostic" now become a verb?

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Oh, well. I've got to run. The post game rants helped me blow off steam at least.;-)

you have been gaseous

King Friday
01-18-2015, 07:21 PM

So if the coaches go away from the game plan that put you in a position to win and decide to just sit on the ball and hope the time runs out...that isn't the coaching staff's fault?

STICK WITH THE FUCKING GAME PLAN THAT HAS YOU WINNING! Don't go into a fucking shell and play not to lose when playing to win is what got you in the good position to begin with.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2015, 07:22 PM
you have been gaseous

I haven't checked my underwear, but at my age I'm usually not just gaseous alone.

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 07:23 PM
shart attack!

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-18-2015, 07:24 PM
I haven't checked my underwear, but at my age I'm usually not just gaseous alone.

Too much information...

HowardRoark
01-18-2015, 07:24 PM

Do you need a young Russian wife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMIsR1lVEBA

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 07:26 PM
If you're not upset you're in denial.

Isn't there five steps to the grieving process and denial is the first one? I believe so.

Esoxx I burdened myself all week as to how to view this game. I admit I was conflicted.

I tried so hard to lie to myself early this week but it just didn't get there. That consistently growing gut feeling that the Packers would pull out a win.

By Friday and certainly yesterday I felt the Packers would lose the game and I supported that with analysis. That hurt like hell. I predicted a score based on analysis that was very close to the actual result.

I don't feel good at all about any of it. This week was just terrible and I wanted the game on and over with.

This loss is just horrible.

I thought that Aaron Rodgers looked way too casual out there today? The receiver routes? Rodgers and his receivers weren't on the same page today. WTF was going on there? Was Aaron Rodgers on some pain killer that affected his ability to get the feel he needed and failed to demonstrate?

Still we all felt the win was close. How must Julius peppers feel? Damn !

I felt a Packer win late in that game. Suddenly that outcome became severely remote. So what of the Packer future? What will 'the Powers To Be ' decide upon as a strategy next season? Ohh yea ! Russell Wilson will get his new contract.

Forecast:

Seattle to fall back to us by becoming weaker?

That will have Dick All to do with blowing it in Seattle today. Every member of Packer Nation should be on the same page and admit this loss in Seattle was simply unacceptable as that game went.

vince
01-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Why? Sherman had one good arm at that point. Thomas was dinged up in the game. The Seahawks had not mounted a capable pass rush for most of the game. Their ONLY strong point on defense at that point was stopping the run...and you basically concede the 3-and-out to that strength. As a coach, you need to dictate the strengths and weaknesses to your advantage. That is what wins games. McCarthy clearly did not do this in the last 6+ minutes of this game.
When you pass the ball late in the game there are 5 possible scenarios - most (three) of which are killers (interception, sack-fumble, and incompletion which results in go gain and runs no time off the clock) one is bad (sack) and one is good (positive yardage with the clock running).
When you run the ball late in the game, there are 3 possible scenarios, one of which is a killer (fumble), one is bad (no gain or loss) and one is good (positive yardage.
The killers are so bad that they need to be avoided at all costs. Get the job done and run out the clock.

They couldn't run out the clock AND THEY STILL HAD THE GAME WON. Throw the ball and one of those majority of killer or bad things happen and THE GAME IS MADE FAR MORE DIFFICULT TO WIN.

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 07:29 PM

The Canadian Border is closed to him until he shows proof that he has had an eye examination.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-18-2015, 07:30 PM
When you pass the ball late in the game there are 5 possible scenarios - most (three) of which are killers (interception, sack-fumble, and incompletion) one is bad (sack) and one is good (positive yardage with the clock running).
When you run the ball late in the game, there are 3 possible scenarios, one of which is a killer (fumble), one is bad (no gain or loss) and one is good (positive yardage.
The killers are so bad that they need to be avoided at all costs. Get the job done and run out the clock.

They couldn't run out the clock AND THEY STILL HAD THE GAME WON. Throw the ball and one of those majority of killer things happen and THE GAME IS NOT WON.

Your probabilities may be ok for an average team, but the packers got to this point with a highly effective passing attack and the best qb in football. You play to your strengths at times like that. You DON'T suddenly grow a vagina and let the other team win the game.

vince
01-18-2015, 07:32 PM
I agree with the comment about Belicheater - he's a foot on your throat finisher... he absolutely would be passing there, and I would have been too. Stubby's nature is to crawl into a shell, and so is dunderdummy's - it cost us a shot at Superbowl this season.

On to next year :(
Wrong. You made this claim about Bellichick before and I went back and pulled stat splits on run vs. pass late in games with the lead. Bellichick runs the ball every time in that situation too.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-18-2015, 07:32 PM
And I hate this thread too. Ya goddamn right I'm upset. How many times do we get to a game like this? How many do I have left? We had an excellent chance to win this game and fucked it away, plain and simple.

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 07:33 PM
All I'm really saying is a completed pass to a back or a slashing WR is the same as a run. We completed passes like that pretty often today to Cobb.

Thanks for all you contributed this week it was interesting stuff.

Your new contract is in the mail.

King Friday
01-18-2015, 07:34 PM
They couldn't run out the clock AND THEY STILL HAD THE GAME WON. Throw the ball and one of those majority of killer things happen and THE GAME IS NOT WON.

We had the game won? That is the exact kind of mentality that loses games. The Packers NEVER had this game won because we failed to capitalize on opportunities early in the game to score TDs to actually put the game away.

vince
01-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Your probabilities may be ok for an average team, but the packers got to this point with a highly effective passing attack and the best qb in football. You play to your strengths at times like that. You DON'T suddenly grow a vagina and let the other team win the game.
No you don't grow a vagina, you get big balls and pound it down their throat with your bruising 230 lb. beast of a back. That's when you man-up, go mano-a-mano and win the fucking game. That's what they did even though it was pulled out from underneath them.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
I might have to go back and see what was leaking on the left side of the line on the drive where they were driving Lacy backwards.

Upnorth
01-18-2015, 08:02 PM
This loss sucks hard. That being said I feel that MM conservative play calling makes some sense. His defense held them for most of the game, the offense on the other hand was doing better running than passing. But since we lost he must be an idiot right??? Special teams sucks right? on the touchdown hawk played a Ryan run, which makes sense, the coverage behind him was bad, and I don't know where that went wrong yet. But in the end if Bostic hauls in that ball instead of 'looking for someone to block '... ah fuck.

Rutnstrut
01-18-2015, 08:02 PM

Add to that a the fact that Sherman had a bad wing, and it makes even less sense that they didn't throw.

Rutnstrut
01-18-2015, 08:05 PM
We had the game won? That is the exact kind of mentality that loses games. The Packers NEVER had this game won because we failed to capitalize on opportunities early in the game to score TDs to actually put the game away.

Actually they never had it won because stubby had a lead and had them play chickenshit football.

King Friday
01-18-2015, 08:05 PM
No you don't grow a vagina, you get big balls and pound it down their throat with your bruising 230 lb. beast of a back. That's when you man-up, go mano-a-mano and win the fucking game. That's what they did even though it was pulled out from underneath them.

So tell me again...why do we pay Aaron Rodgers $20M a year? We better draft nothing but RBs and OL players this year.

digitaldean
01-18-2015, 08:12 PM
I don't get not attacking the 1 arm bandit Sherman. The D played great overall until the last 1/2 quarter and OT. That balloon of a 2pt conversion pass was misplayed by Clinton-Dix. And WHY does Burnett go to the ground when he had at least 20 freaking yards in front of him on that last INT?

Upnorth
01-18-2015, 08:13 PM
So tell me again...why do we pay Aaron Rodgers $20M a year? We better draft nothing but RBs and OL players this year.

Our oline is solid. I think you were using hyperbole but our oline doesn't get the credit it deserves

pbmax
01-18-2015, 08:14 PM
Our oline is solid. I think you were using hyperbole but our oline doesn't get the credit it deserves

I agree with this and vince's approach. But there was no way they were getting a first down running it at the end of the game when the Seachickens were selling out 9 in the box.

Smidgeon
01-18-2015, 08:23 PM
They couldn't run out the clock AND THEY STILL HAD THE GAME WON. Throw the ball and one of those majority of killer or bad things happen and THE GAME IS MADE FAR MORE DIFFICULT TO WIN.

I came in expecting a loss. Then the Packers dominated the first 55 minutes of play, had Seattle down to one timeout in a two possession game. All the Defense had to do was slow down the Seattle offense--one that was inept most of the game--in order to win. They didn't even have to stop the offense. They just had to slow it down.

That's why this loss sucks so much. It was in the bag and then either terrible play or terrible playcalling on the defense (i.e. based on the play of the defense the last half of the year after either insufficient coaching that led to miscommunications in the back end or playcalling that led to large spots in the d wide open) doomed the game.

Seattle deserved to be embarrassed and not make it to the Super Bowl. As much as I want to blame Slocum or Bostick, this failure is on the defense...and I believe on the defensive coaching staff.

wist43
01-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Wrong. You made this claim about Bellichick before and I went back and pulled stat splits on run vs. pass late in games with the lead. Bellichick runs the ball every time in that situation too.

Well, break it out then... I know I've seen him pass in that situation many times.

That said, they do have a semblance of running game and can be much more effective at closing out a game than we can be. He's a winner - MM is a one hit wonder, at least so far. I hope we win more championships with MM while Rodgers is here, but it's hard to even get in the position we were today, and MM choked. Pure and simple, he choked.

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 08:33 PM
MM choked. Pure and simple, he choked.

MM is not the only goat, but he certainly choked

Bossman641
01-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Well, break it out then... I know I've seen him pass in that situation many times.

That said, they do have a semblance of running game and can be much more effective at closing out a game than we can be. He's a winner - MM is a one hit wonder, at least so far. I hope we win more championships with MM while Rodgers is here, but it's hard to even get in the position we were today, and MM choked. Pure and simple, he choked.

These references to Belicheck as God are cracking me up. Did any of you actually watch Pats-Ravens last week? Pats up 35-31 with 1:39 left. What was the almighty's play-calling?

1st and 10 at NE 20 (1:39) T.Brady kneels to NE 18 for -2 yards.
2nd and 12 at NE 18 (:57) T.Brady kneels to NE 16 for -2 yards.
3rd and 14 at NE 16 (:15) T.Brady kneels to NE 15 for -1 yards.
Timeout #3 by BLT at 00:14.
4th and 15 at NE 15 (:14) R.Allen punts 41 yards to BLT 44, Center-D.Aiken. J.Jones ran ob at BLT 48 for 4 yards.

1st and 10 at BAL 48 (:04) (Shotgun) J.Flacco pass incomplete deep middle to T.Smith (D.McCourty).

That's right. Belicheck kneeled on the ball 3 times and let Baltimore take a hail mary shot from the 48 rather than run or pass the ball.