PDA

View Full Version : OUR NEW SPECIAL TEAMS COACH

Bretsky
01-18-2015, 07:18 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see our consistent failures there
Many of us, including me, predicted within the last week ST failures would contribute to a loss

MM seems to be too loyal to a fault, which is why Slocum still exists in GB

I have to think TT is going to tell MM to use his brain cells and make a change there.

If there is one thing Rats agree on it's to not let this guy back on the plane to GB ?

SO I ASK........WHO SHOULD THE NEXT SPECIAL TEAMS COACH BE....AND WHO DO U NOT WANT ??????????????

pittstang5
01-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Someone had an idea in another thread - the SP teams coach from the 49ers, if he's not retained.

At this point, a ham sandwich has more intelligence and could coach the sp teams better than Slocum.

Bretsky
01-18-2015, 07:22 PM
I have one strong viewpoint.

When GB fired it's last ST coach the assistant if I recall was Shawn Slocum. To me he had little credentials and on paper didn't deserves the job. I think I was right.

I'll tall you who I DON'T WANT..........and that's........ANYBODY who has had anything to do with this years ST's

Ron Zook.....................NO WAY........I don't want an Illinois Reject who had contributed to another year of failed special teams...I DON'T WANT Slocum's Assistant or Special Advisor (since he's failing)

WHO IS OUT THERE ?

I've got High School Coaches in mind over Slocum !!

Teamcheez1
01-18-2015, 07:23 PM
I think we need more than one new coach. This team needs to go in a different direction.

Bretsky
01-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Someone had an idea in another thread - the SP teams coach from the 49ers, if he's not retained.

At this point, a ham sandwich has more intelligence and could coach the sp teams better than Slocum.

:knll:

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Buffalo and Atlanta had Top 10 ST units. Don't know if the ST coach is being retained by the new HC.

red
01-18-2015, 07:28 PM
it will be slocum again next year, m3 will not fire him. the proof is that he hasnt fired him after the last few years

i fully expect zook to take the blame, and another assistant to come in

i said last year and the year before that if fat mike doesn't make this obvious change then he needs to go too

now both those fucking idiots cost us big

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 07:33 PM

Nothing like damning all ham sandwiches with faint praise.

Freak Out
01-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Fire M3 then. :)

Bretsky
01-18-2015, 07:42 PM
Buffalo and Atlanta had Top 10 ST units. Don't know if the ST coach is being retained by the new HC.

It's time to go get an outside guy

When ST's came on late last year I mourned it would be a half ass excuse to retain the zero

No dam excused this year MM

This one is a Captain Obvious Call

Rutnstrut
01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Fire M3 then. :)

I'd be down with that.

TravisWilliams23
01-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Just saw a clip where Bostick said his job on the onsides kick was to block but he just decided to go for the ball. Watching the play in slow-mo, Jordy was waiting for the ball to come down into his arms. If Bostick does what he was coached to do, GB recovers that kick easily. I gotta put the blame on Bostick on this one.

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Just saw a clip where Bostick said his job on the onsides kick was to block but he just decided to go for the ball. Watching the play in slow-mo, Jordy was waiting for the ball to come down into his arms. If Bostick does what he was coached to do, GB recovers that kick easily. I gotta put the blame on Bostick on this one.

Painful to watch.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/54bc4af26bb3f77b2bfa7c92/fumble-onside.gif

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Painful to watch.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/54bc4af26bb3f77b2bfa7c92/fumble-onside.gif

I'm hearing the whacky music from a bloopers reel

Freak Out
01-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Benny Hill soundtrack. BRUTAL!

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 08:55 PM
It's even worse than I thought. 1 Seahawk surrounded by 4 Packers.

pbmax
01-18-2015, 09:00 PM
And I bet dollars to doughnuts that was his guy to block. Trying to do too much.

That is brutal to watch.

red
01-18-2015, 09:17 PM
it was his guy to block, he admited that much. and look at jordy just standing there ready to catch it

one guy going for glory instead of doing his fucking job

domey
01-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Gawd, it is even worse than it looked during the game. Bostick has had his problems, so why was he out there.

domey
01-18-2015, 09:29 PM
I think Bostick's career is over after that.

vince
01-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Ayn I'm saying that's worse than Buckner. Doink right off the head. My god I'm not sure there's ever been a more brutal loss in the history of sport. That poor bastard.

Vikings loss to the Falcons when they were 15-1 maybe. It was good of Rastak to stop by and remind us of that one. Remembering I could be a Viking fan did make me fill just a tiny bit better.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Wasn't it Zook who's job description includes: 23a) Remind stupid fuck players who are supposed to block during onside kick not to try to jump for the ball even if it looks like they can get it.

Joemailman
01-18-2015, 09:36 PM
His career in Green Bay was probably over anyway. If he moves to Seattle, they might give him a key to the city.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Ayn I'm saying that's worse than Buckner. Doink right off the head. My god I'm not sure there's ever been a more brutal loss in the history of sport. That poor bastard.

I agree. The Buckner thing was the only thing I can think of that comes close. The Viking collapse was pretty horrible for them too. Gary Anderson missing his first FG, the injuries. Great - now we know how they feel. This is worse than 2003, 2007 or 2011, because they had this one so wrapped up. Just shows you have to keep playing to the last whistle.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 09:41 PM
The saving grace for Bostick is that no one really knew who he was before, so no one will ever recognize him down the road. He can either change his name, or he can try to milk this as a motivational speaker who knows what it's like to crush the hopes of millions of fans and teammates - yet tomorrow is another day!

Bretsky
01-19-2015, 10:11 PM
do we have a new one yet ?

Carolina_Packer
01-19-2015, 10:35 PM
His career in Green Bay was probably over anyway. If he moves to Seattle, they might give him a key to the city.

Just don't hand it to him, or he might drop it.

Bretsky
01-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Was listening to NFL Network today; every Wisconsinite is calling for Slocum to be let go and even the analysts think it's inevitable.

MM rarely wants to make changes though. It seems like every Packer fan in the world minus MM sees he's junk

The reports on Seattle noticing how Brad Jones is often way out of position on field goal attempts makes me want to puke. Not because the player is junk...but just another example of pathetic coaching and things not being corrected

KYPack
01-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Brad Seely was a good ST coach for SF. They released the coaches, but the new HC may have tapped Seely already.

ST coaches wear out their welcome generally anyhow.

It's time for new blood, hire somebody "different".

Joemailman
01-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Was listening to NFL Network today; every Wisconsinite is calling for Slocum to be let go and even the analysts think it's inevitable.

MM rarely wants to make changes though. It seems like every Packer fan in the world minus MM sees he's junk

The reports on Seattle noticing how Brad Jones is often way out of position on field goal attempts makes me want to puke. Not because the player is junk...but just another example of pathetic coaching and things not being corrected

I think it's over this time. MM has given Slocum a pass in the past because the injury situation resulted in a lot of upheaval in the ST lineups, but that's not the case this year. The team was healthy, and the ST units if anything were worse.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-20-2015, 09:56 AM
I think it's over this time. MM has given Slocum a pass in the past because the injury situation resulted in a lot of upheaval in the ST lineups, but that's not the case this year. The team was healthy, and the ST units if anything were worse.

Would definitely be step 1 in my recovery process.

denverYooper
01-20-2015, 09:56 AM

7 blocked kicks!

pbmax
01-20-2015, 11:18 AM
7 blocked kicks!

You are doing it wrong.

7 blocked kicks!

Freak Out
01-20-2015, 11:23 AM
You are doing it wrong.

7 blocked kicks!

Has Slocum been fired yet?

King Friday
01-20-2015, 07:51 PM
We don't need to fire Slocum. McCarthy will get it fixed. It's all about pad level.

woodbuck27
01-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Mike McCarthy is hoping today that in three weeks time all of Packer Nation's memory and bad feeling will be dismissed and we'll get to where he was at in his post game presser.

The complete collapse by the Packers in Seattle. Mike McCarthy summed it up partially with one word:

" FUN " Mike 'a fun game' McCarthy.

Brohm
01-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Bostick blocks that guy it's all over. No one else is even close to Jordy.

KYPack
01-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Watching all the shit plays is starting to make me slap happy.

Hopefully, that's one of the healing stages.

One of the amazing things about the Bostick boner is the fact that he didn't even slow the ball up with his hands.

I mean, his fingers barely touched the ball.

If anything, his digits accelerated the goddamned ball at his face shield.

woodbuck27
01-29-2015, 08:10 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/01/18/green-bay-packers-seattle-seahawks-nfc-championship/21965913/

Packers out after epic collapse in Seattle

Weston Hodkiewicz, Press-Gazette Media 12:28 a.m. EST January 19, 2015

Comment woodbuck27:

Of particular note here is the video and comments by beat reporters regarding where this Packer collapse in Seattle ranks with other disappointing Green Bay Packer loss's.

Maxie the Taxi
01-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Money quote from TJ Lang:

"Just the confidence that we had there with 5 minutes left in the game, there was nobody on our sideline that thought we could possibly lose that game. Just hurts that we know we had a chance to go move on and shot ourselves in the foot too many times. This one is going to hurt for a while."

Apparently, "nobody" includes all of the Packer coaching staff! That's a travesty right there. Sounds like it would have been a great time for a Packer TO to inform the players (and the coaching staff!) what I and most fans knew: That the damn game wasn't over and that, yes, pulling defeat from the jaws of victory was indeed possible!

mraynrand
01-29-2015, 09:41 AM
More and more I get the feeling the Packers are going to majorly circle the wagons - the idea being that they think they had a great season and if not for a collection of crazy stuff, they win it all. So, they are going to 'get those things fixed' and reset. no recriminations, no hair on fire, no major self doubt. If you think back to the way they handled 4th and 26, and the fallout from that, it might be the right thing to do - from their perspective.

pbmax
01-29-2015, 10:36 AM
More and more I get the feeling the Packers are going to majorly circle the wagons - the idea being that they think they had a great season and if not for a collection of crazy stuff, they win it all. So, they are going to 'get those things fixed' and reset. no recriminations, no hair on fire, no major self doubt. If you think back to the way they handled 4th and 26, and the fallout from that, it might be the right thing to do - from their perspective.

I am actually unconcerned about this team having a hangover about this game next year. Maintaining focus comes naturally to M3 the way it didn't to Sherman.

I am more concerned about M3 not having PTSD about his 4 minute offense, ST and FG strategy