PDA

View Full Version : Winners - Losers NFC Championship Game edition Packers - Seahawks

esoxx
01-18-2015, 09:08 PM
A day that shall live in Packers infamy.

Losers:

*Brandon Bostick - assume he's retarded. Epic choke failure in company with Bill Buckner's booted ground ball. Brutal
*AJ Hawk - Buh bye and good riddance. Inexcusable to allow a Seahawk to run right by you to chase a punter that was going to get tackled by House anyhow, even if it was for a first down. Idiotic play
*Aaron Rodgers - If we got typical Rodgers play today we're in the Super Bowl. Not championship caliber play.
*Andrew Quarless - Horrible drop late that would have tigthened the noose on Seattle's fading hopes. You should change your arm tat's from "God's Gift" to "Stone Hands."
*Tim Mashtay - You sucked today and most of the season.
*Mike Daniels - Talked shit beginning in training camp and never let up, cost Pack 15 yards early on.
*Haha Clinton-Dix - That two point conversion fail outdid the good work done up to that point. Epic fail.
*Clay Matthews - Why were you out at the end of regulation when your team needed you most? Were you tired?

Winners:
*Crosby - Clutch and consistent.
*Packers pass protection - well done.

Really a choke job today. Painful

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2015, 09:20 PM
I'm throwing God onto the losers pile - seriously. Russell Wilson hinted at divine intervention. What I'm really saying is there was a lot of dumb luck that decided this game. That final two point conversion, for instance, was a prayer.

esoxx
01-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Also dumb luck is not catching a pop up on the onside kick. Instead hits him in the helmet??? That's unbelievable good fortune for the 'hawks. Almost never see a guy drop a ball in that situation.

Bretsky
I'd like to know where in the h'll Clay Matthews was ? If my superstar needs a breather in the NFC Championship with everthing on the line, I'm giving him a play off and telling him to get his ass back in the game.

I gotta think he was injured or he'd have been in there.

Striker
Winners
Same as you - Crosby and Pass Pro.

Losers
Everyone else

pbmax
01-18-2015, 09:43 PM
I'd like to know where in the h'll Clay Matthews was ? If my superstar needs a breather in the NFC Championship with everthing on the line, I'm giving him a play off and telling him to get his ass back in the game.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 48m48 minutes ago
CM3 said "medley of things" caught up w/ him late. Worked w/ trainers to get back "I have enough time to rest now so dont feel sorry for me"

call_me_ishmael
01-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Thoughts:

The defense played great most of the game. Yes, they collapsed badly. I would have guessed we won the game if we only gave up 22 points (in regulation). Gave up 21 last year. In general, the D was solid.

Julius Peppers was consistently moving men and causing pressure.

Nick Perry stayed healthy most of the year and showed up at times today. I could see where Clay is officially moved inside next year for running downs.

Great safety play - aside from the two point conversion. HHCD is going to be a very good player as I've been saying all year.

It didn't *seem* like we were destroyed on the ground for 150 by Lynch, but I guess we were.

TWill had pretty tight coverage all game up until the last play. Even so, it was solid coverage. He just got beat. That happens sometimes.

Eddie Lacy needs to be used differently in goal line. He is a big man. Why is it such a problem to bowl people over?

Richard Rodgers could be a pretty good weapon if he slims down a bit.

OL kept pressure off of Rodgers most of the day.

Rodgers did not have a very good day passing.

To me - this year seemed like a *new* squad. Lots of new faces, a bit of changing of the guard, etc. It feels a bit like the Arizona 2009 year to me. I expect to win the Super Bowl next year.

mraynrand
01-18-2015, 09:45 PM

or you use a time out. Why not?

denverYooper
01-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 48m48 minutes ago
CM3 said "medley of things" caught up w/ him late. Worked w/ trainers to get back "I have enough time to rest now so dont feel sorry for me"

You posted this 2x in 20 minutes... Do you think something's fishy?

pbmax
01-18-2015, 09:55 PM
You posted this 2x in 20 minutes... Do you think something's fishy?

Nah, though I am curious what was up with him.

I just was trying to decide where it belongs and then Bretsky asked the question again in a third thread.

HowardRoark
01-18-2015, 10:04 PM
A day that shall live in Packers infamy.

Losers:
*Mike Daniels - Talked shit beginning in training camp and never let up, cost Pack 15 yards early on.

I noticed on the first series he was in someone's face pretty good too (before penalty). I thought he would get a flag then. I thought about this during the game if it was good or bad (obviously penalty most likely cost them points)....maybe it set a tone; we aren't going to be pushed around and intimidated by the whole "scene."

Good old Sherman looked pretty demure all game.

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 10:29 PM

I think that CM3 was injured.

It had to be that the way he gives.

woodbuck27
01-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Winners:

Overall the 'D' played well until the game was on the line and by then the Packer team was too tight.

Memorable defenders:

Defense T-A SCK INT FF

M. Burnett 8-2 2.0 1 0
C. Matthews 5-1 1.0 0 0
S. Barrington 3-5 0.0 0 0
H. Clinton-Dix 3-2 0.0 2 0
J. Peppers 1-4 1.5 0 0

Mason Crosby and 5 FG's and 1 convert 16 Points !

I thought that the OL played very well.

Losers:

The problem was Aaron Rodgers never seemed to me to really be in the game. He looked for the most part like he was on a stroll in the park. He didn't have that 'FIRE IN HIS EYES' ! I would have never imagined he could look that bad in such an important game.

How many times did he miss short passes ie to Eddie Lacy and Jordy Nelson? Passes that generally are so routine. Those fellas were too often confused for a reason. Aaron Rodgers was over the top too casual in this game.

Frankly Aaron Rodgers looked 'out of it' medicated.

I'm not going to list the likes of Brandon Bostick. He was counted on for ST assignment and he simply had a catastrophic fail on the onside kick. He'll not ever forget that muff.

I'm not going to point a finger at the ST Coach. MM obviously loves Slocum's work. He'll be back next season. Back to help HC Mike McCarthy achieve his high goals and expectations.

The real loser was the Packer fan .... Packer Nation and the Packer Team as a whole. To be so close to possibly even see that game near the end as a LOCK and the way it turned the other way.

Devastating.

esoxx
01-18-2015, 11:06 PM
And one Packer fan in particular is in the loser column. First, he got fired from his fast food job b/c he was scheduled to work during the game and protested. Now, since they lost, he's going to get his shit pushed in. Sir Tank Duke

Smidgeon
01-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Thoughts:

The defense played great most of the game. Yes, they collapsed badly. I would have guessed we won the game if we only gave up 22 points (in regulation). Gave up 21 last year. In general, the D was solid.

Julius Peppers was consistently moving men and causing pressure.

Nick Perry stayed healthy most of the year and showed up at times today. I could see where Clay is officially moved inside next year for running downs.

Great safety play - aside from the two point conversion. HHCD is going to be a very good player as I've been saying all year.

It didn't *seem* like we were destroyed on the ground for 150 by Lynch, but I guess we were.

TWill had pretty tight coverage all game up until the last play. Even so, it was solid coverage. He just got beat. That happens sometimes.

Eddie Lacy needs to be used differently in goal line. He is a big man. Why is it such a problem to bowl people over?

Richard Rodgers could be a pretty good weapon if he slims down a bit.

OL kept pressure off of Rodgers most of the day.

Rodgers did not have a very good day passing.

To me - this year seemed like a *new* squad. Lots of new faces, a bit of changing of the guard, etc. It feels a bit like the Arizona 2009 year to me. I expect to win the Super Bowl next year.

I didn't really expect a lot from the O this year. I thought with a brand new center and only two bona fide pass catchers that this would be a down year for the O. And then they started rolling...

In other words, they should be way better next year, especially with RRodgers and DAdams. Hopefully they can develop Janis in one year (but guessing he's still a year out) and get another TE. The defense has a changing too with some older players (Peppers, Tramontana), but mostly the defense is young. Just have one or two obvious spots to fill, Raji to return, another CB to elevate his game. If they do, the weakest position on the team may be punter, and he was still adequate this year.

They can be good next year. It took an act of God to keep them from the Super Bowl this year. I know you can never take these opportunities for granted and you can never count on next year, but the window should remain open.

Heck, Rodgers being injured for the playoffs was basically a death-knell anyway.