PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome Show, Wow

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
I was just watching Jim Rome is burning about 5 minutes ago and they were discussing Brett Favre against Cincinnati. Highlights from the discussion

Favre will quit halfway through the season, and I quote "Call a press conference, and say he has just had enough."

Favre, if he hasn't quit, will be benched halfway through the season and that's how his career will end.

Favre should of quit and gone out like Elway. Only one problem guys, Elway went out with back-to-back Super Bowls, not a 4-12 season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think the Packers will do badly in 2006, that is understandable, and very possible. But Favre will [b]QUIT? C'mon, have they watched this guy for a decade, he is one of the most dedicated players in the league.

Some times I wonder if these guys actually think before they release this spew from their mouthes.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 04:07 PM
I think Jim Rome better watch today's press conference before he spouts off his mouth.

SkinBasket
08-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Jim Rome gets his pay by being an ignorant self inflated brash dick hole. A friend worked for his show for a couple months and said, yes, he is actually like that when the cameras are off, too.

BF4MVP
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
I actually like the Jim Rome Show a lot..I listen to it everyday..I don't watch Rome is Burning though, but the radio show is amazing.

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Jim Rome gets his pay by being an ignorant self inflated brash dick hole. A friend worked for his show for a couple months and said, yes, he is actually like that when the cameras are off, too.

LOL, I agree. He thinks he is some witty smartass, but honestly he is just a flaming hothead. He thinks of himself of the King of Smack, more like the King of Crack. :roll:

Willard
08-30-2006, 04:16 PM
One of the guys on NFL Live (or was it Cold Pizza?) predicted Favre would retire before the season even starts. I'll wait until I hear it or read it from a reputable source, like ProFootballTalk.com! :wink:

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Watch his press conference from today.

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 04:24 PM
One of the guys on NFL Live (or was it Cold Pizza?) predicted Favre would retire before the season even starts. I'll wait until I hear it or read it from a reputable source, like ProFootballTalk.com! :wink:

It's probably either Skip Bayless, Sean "I think my opinion's better because I was a backup QB" Salisbury, Michael Irvin, or Woody Paige.

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 04:27 PM

I've been busy MJ.

Give us your synopsis please if you have the time.

I appreciate your objectivity.

GO PACK GO !

b bulldog
08-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Rome likes to hear himself talk too much

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Rome likes to hear himself talk too much

He sure does.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 04:53 PM

I've been busy MJ.

Give us your synopsis please if you have the time.

I appreciate your objectivity.

GO PACK GO !

A reporter reminded Brett that the team might not be very good and he looked at him and said "What am I gonna do? Quit?" He then proceeded to lay into him for asking the question and a little later in the pc told them that he wouldn't talk to them as they just ask the same questions over and over, but they make him do it and basically told them that he was sick of their negativity (I am paraphrasing here). I thought at one point that if it were a younger Favre, he'd have climbed over the podium and taken a few guys out. He also complained that they say DD is not a true #1 (in a response to a question about trusting receivers) and Brett said, " but he's MY #1" He doesn't seem particularly pleased with the media this week (except perhaps Wilde.)

NewsBruin
08-30-2006, 06:01 PM
I heard, on our local sports radio, someone do an impression of Jim Rome (the topic was "Who do you most want to punch in the nose?"):

"Mike Shannahan's running game is in. Credible. He assaults opposing defenses like I assault four-syllable words. Un. Believable. Over. Rated. Count. Chocula."

Which is pretty funny if you can imagine someone saying it exactly like Jim Rome.

If you can't, there's always this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8).

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 06:10 PM
If you can't, there's always this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8).

OWNED! FREAKIN' AWESOME!

He had it coming.

NewsBruin
08-30-2006, 06:17 PM
And if you read all the comments on that clip, you get this gem:

He pauses... then repeats exactly what he just said in a different manor.... No.... He Pauses.... Then... says what he just said.... differently.... No.. He, pauses.... repeates what he just said... but it's in a different way....

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Frank Calendo, the guy that does the John Madden impersonation also does Jim Rome, hilarious.

Frank is also from Waukesha Wisconsin, very cool, and very funny

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 06:28 PM
And if you read all the comments on that clip, you get this gem:

He pauses... then repeats exactly what he just said in a different manor.... No.... He Pauses.... Then... says what he just said.... differently.... No.. He, pauses.... repeates what he just said... but it's in a different way....

LOL, he does exactly that.

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Frank Calendo, the guy that does the John Madden impersonation also does Jim Rome, hilarious.

Frank is also from Waukesha Wisconsin, very cool, and very funny

Love the guy, he's the king of impersenations; John Madden, Chris Rock, Bill Clinton, Scooby Doo, Sienfeld, Schwaraneger, George Bush, Chris Farley, Robert DeNiro, Al Picinio, Robin Williams, Chris Farley, and Adam Sandler.

BallHawk
08-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Here's a great video of him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMIlPudalQ

gbgary
08-30-2006, 08:04 PM
he won't just quit but.............there was a moment in the game, the other night, when the camera showed brett stairing-off into space with a blank look on his face. the thought of him quiting before the season started popped into my head at that very instant and i couldn't get that thought out my head the rest of the night. did anyone else see that shot of him, on the sideline, during the game?

Rastak
08-30-2006, 08:33 PM
I was just watching Jim Rome is burning about 5 minutes ago and they were discussing Brett Favre against Cincinnati. Highlights from the discussion

Favre will quit halfway through the season, and I quote "Call a press conference, and say he has just had enough."

Favre, if he hasn't quit, will be benched halfway through the season and that's how his career will end.

Favre should of quit and gone out like Elway. Only one problem guys, Elway went out with back-to-back Super Bowls, not a 4-12 season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think the Packers will do badly in 2006, that is understandable, and very possible. But Favre will [b]QUIT? C'mon, have they watched this guy for a decade, he is one of the most dedicated players in the league.

Some times I wonder if these guys actually think before they release this spew from their mouthes.

Haven't read any other posts in this thread yet but there's no way he'd do that....no way in hell.

Rastak
08-30-2006, 08:35 PM
he won't just quit but.............there was a moment in the game, the other night, when the camera showed brett stairing-off into space with a blank look on his face. the thought of him quiting before the season started popped into my head at that very instant and i couldn't get that thought out my head the rest of the night. did anyone else see that shot of him, on the sideline, during the game?

Actually he had that exact look several times last year. But I can't see that guy quiting on his team.

Murphy37
08-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Rome trashed Favre on his radio show too. Here's what I think is funny. Everyone is quick to bash Favre and the Pack after they lose badly on a Monday night game. Where was the national medialast week when we waxed the Falcons? Why wern't they praising the Pack then, predicting great things for 2006? It's a joke to me. It's PRESEASON football. How did the Steelers do last preseason? Anyone........................................Anyo ne....................................Bueler...... ...........................................Bueler. ............................................
Now I'm not saying the Packers are gonna be winners this year. And I ain't sayin their gonna be losers either. You judge a team as the season goes on, not in a fucking preseason game. Rome just needs his little attention fix to help cure his vaginal yeast infection.

Willard
08-30-2006, 08:41 PM

Actually he had that exact look several times last year. But I can't see that guy quiting on his team.

I heard he was thinking about quitting on the team, heading over to India, and smoke some doobage with Lenny Kravitz. Can anybody else confirm that rumor?

Rastak
08-30-2006, 08:42 PM

I heard he was thinking about quitting on the team, heading over to India, and smoke some doobage with Lenny Kravitz. Can anybody else confirm that rumor?

I know people who know people in India, I see what I can find out.

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2006, 08:43 PM

Funny! Let us know if they find Ricky Williams over there too. How is Ricky doing up in Canada?

Rastak
08-30-2006, 08:46 PM

Funny! Let us know if they find Ricky Williams over there too. How is Ricky doing up in Canada?

Blowing a doobie and sitting around with a cast at last check.....

gbgary
08-30-2006, 09:14 PM

you work at 7-11? j/k :wink:

Rastak
08-30-2006, 09:25 PM

you work at 7-11? j/k :wink:

Not exactly.....do they do H1B's to work at 7-11?

Fritz
08-31-2006, 12:29 PM
One of the many things I don't like about "Romey" is that he loves to bash guys...unless they're on his show. Then he's happy to lick their behinds.

I don't listen anymore. I tried it to see what people seemed to like, but I didn't get it. At all.

Noodle
08-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Rome getting whacked was one of the greatest events of all time -- thanks for the Youtube link. I always thought that was completely called for, and I found it amusing when all the media guys cried about how outrageous it was. Clearly they were trying to create a "No Whacking" zone around themselves.

I say, if you act like a jackass, then you should be prepared to pay the price.

packinpatland
08-31-2006, 02:34 PM
I saw it and honestly thought the exact same thing.
Watching the Wed. press conference was good tho,
'What am I going to do? Quit?' that says it all, he's in it for the duration.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Rome can kiss my cute little....

Then again he'd probably try to make a publicity stunt out of it.