PDA

View Full Version : Word to strike feer in Packer Fans hearts

domey
01-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Marty Schottenheimer!

Living in the KC area, I just heard on sports radio (and I had forgotten this) that MM learned from Marty as an assistant.

Ok, Ok, I know the Packers won a Super Bowl under MM, but MM is exhibiting similar traits to Marty. Great regular seasons, sub par post seasons and curling up into conservative football when all is on the line.

I feel into cold sweats when hearing this.

mraynrand
01-19-2015, 11:10 AM
I agree, there's a little bit too conservative of approach there. But Marty was unlucky, too. Maybe a similar curse rubbed off on Stubby.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-19-2015, 11:33 AM
I agree, there's a little bit too conservative of approach there. But Marty was unlucky, too. Maybe a similar curse rubbed off on Stubby.

The important thing for me is for stubby to find a way to lift the curse, which means he has to self-evaluate and decide if his coaching style needs modification. I find it hard to believe he can't/won't see the early conservative play calling as an error and do it different next time. Stubby is human too and must feel like shit this morning. Hard knock lessons are often the easiest to recognize and correct.

Firing slocum at a minimum would help me believe he is learning...

domey
01-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Stubby does self evaluate and supposedly evaluates every coach after the season. You have to be brutally honest with yourself when you do these. I am not sure he has done that in the past (re: Slocum), but maybe the epic fail of yesterday will push him to that honesty this year.

ThunderDan
01-19-2015, 02:44 PM
What is feer?

woodbuck27
01-19-2015, 02:54 PM
What is feer?

Grow up and try to contribute please. Maybe you enjoy the handle "Spelling Nazi"?

Maybe he missed the typo? maybe he doesn't know how to edit the Thread Title?

Help that member don't act like a silly smart ass.

Here you go again to kick off another Off Season:

You act like a 16 year old ThunderDan and don't be shocked. You've heard that before.

Get with a more positive program please. Your BS is tiring. You can decide to do better here.

ThunderDan
01-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Grow up and try to contribute please.

You act like a 16 year old and don't be shocked. You've heard that before.

Get with a more positive program please. Your BS is tiring. You can decide to do better here.

Go away, your gibberish is tiring.

Do we really need 8 different threads on what went wrong yesterday?

woodbuck27
01-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Go away, your gibberish is tiring.

Do we really need 8 different threads on what went wrong yesterday?

Your somehow still not getting it too many threads or not.

What's it like to be wrong ....... again?