PDA

View Full Version : YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR FOOT ON THEIR BALLS AND BELIEVE, THAT'S WHAT WINS CHAMIONSHIPS

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2015, 12:13 PM
The Packers didn't have the killer instinct for four quarters. I mentioned to my wife during the game how aggressive the Packers were playing, they were running the football with some effectiveness, they were gang tackling on defense, and making big plays, but all of a sudden it all changed. I don't know why, but instead of talking trash they started helping up the Seahawks, patting them on the shoulder pads, smiling at them. They lost their edge. They are all professionals, but the blame starts at the top for this sudden change in attitude, McCarthy was content and the players felt that through his game management and play calling. He needs to take a long look at himself and decide what type of coach he wants to be.

The Packers played this game like it was a heavyweight title fight. They were the challenger and had come out and beat on the champion for 10 rounds. The challenger could have put the fight away earlier delivery a series of crushing blows after they had the champion rocked, but he didn't. The challenger was happy winning the rounds. After the 10th round the boxing coach tells the challenger that they have the fight in the bag, just don't get too cute and conserve your punches. In the 11th round the Champion realizes his title is floating away from him, his vigor is renewed, he after all has the heart of a champion. He comes out and starts off heavy with his jab, and body punches, nothing to serious, he just wants to get back to his style of fighting. The challenger does nothing but absorbs these shots, because they are not going to knock him out, but just then he catches a right hook to the kidney and drops to a knee. Not a problem but it hurts and the nerves are rattled. The challenger gets back to his feet, and decides to keep circling away, but the Champion smells blood and attacks with heavy punches. From corner to corner the Champion is bulldozing the challenger and finally at the end of the 11th round the challenger is knocked to the ground again. The Challenger has now lost all of the momentum, he knows this as he gets to his feet hoping to survive the round. The Bell rings to end the eleventh round. Again his Manager is telling him to just circle the Champion, do not stand in front of him, but the challenger is exhausted, he can't circle his legs are gone, his will is gone, and his pride is gone. He hopes to just finish the fight. The 12th round begins, but the Champion quickly ends the fight in the first minute with quick and powerful combinations that leads to one big over hand right and the challenger crumbles to the canvas.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2015, 12:13 PM
I spelled Champion wrong, I think the Packers would be happy with a Chamionship though

vince
01-19-2015, 12:16 PM
That's unreadable, but I'm sure it echoes the prevailing gibberish about lacking killer instinct, et al.

Joemailman
01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Nutz seems to post here mainly when the Packers lose. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Only because this place is otherwise boring as fuck. I am no different then the majority of posters on here. When the Packers win, what is there to talk about? I could be a really big troll if I wanted to but I prefer not to start a flame war.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2015, 12:22 PM
That's unreadable, but I'm sure it echoes the prevailing gibberish about lacking killer instinct, et al.

Too many words for you?

vince
01-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Nah, I scanned it quickly enough to see too much retrospective discombobulated nonsense packed together by an irrelevant overworked analogy.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2015, 12:37 PM
It makes sense.

vince
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Talking trash is the key to winning now. Got it.

Freak Out
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
I agree that they went into the 4 minute offense way to soon...and they also should have gone after Sherman when he was out there with a broken wing.

Joemailman
01-19-2015, 12:45 PM
I agree that they went into the 4 minute offense way to soon...and they also should have gone after Sherman when he was out there with a broken wing.

Going into the 4 minute offense doesn't mean running the ball on every play. Rodgers passed for 2 1st downs against Dallas to help close out the game.

pbmax
01-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Going into the 4 minute offense doesn't mean running the ball on every play. Rodgers passed for 2 1st downs against Dallas to help close out the game.

Yep.

Freak Out
01-19-2015, 02:02 PM

Well then what the hell did they do? Go into the 60 second offense? It was horrible.

red
01-19-2015, 02:06 PM
oh i've said it for years, we always seem to take the foot off the gas. it was a bigger problem in years past, but its still very much there

despite always being one of the highest scoring teams, we seem to get a big lead then just coast home

red
01-19-2015, 02:10 PM

yup, what we ended up doing is taking the ball out of the hands of the best player in football

not that he was lighting things up much

but still. he's the mvp for a reason, let him do what he does best

Freak Out
01-19-2015, 02:13 PM
yup, what we ended up doing is taking the ball out of the hands of the best player in football

not that he was lighting things up much

but still. he's the mvp for a reason, let him do what he does best

Exactly...M3 needs to be flogged for this...he probably enjoys it though.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2015, 02:13 PM
I think you can blame McCarthy, especially since the Packer had no trouble getting into field goal range at the end of the game, but they got tight as soon as they crossed the 35 yard line and settled for the field goal. I think Rodgers got tight after his second interception. Sherman was playing with one arm and they refused to attack him. This team settled all game long, and I guess they have to settle for 2nd place in the NFC.

pbmax
01-19-2015, 02:21 PM
I think you can blame McCarthy, especially since the Packer had no trouble getting into field goal range at the end of the game, but they got tight as soon as they crossed the 35 yard line and settled for the field goal. I think Rodgers got tight after his second interception. Sherman was playing with one arm and they refused to attack him. This team settled all game long, and I guess they have to settle for 2nd place in the NFC.

They threw three times and had one completion. Is that tight or ineffective?

wist43
01-19-2015, 02:23 PM
The coaching staff blew this one big-time at the end of this game.

From the 5:00 minute mark on, they were just watching the clock and hoping, instead of taking the fight to the enemy and finishing them off... MM and dunderdummy, especially dunderdummy, lack killer instinct. Dunderdummy's rush no one, and cover no one defense on 3rd and 21 is a prime example.

As I've always said about that guy - you can never, ever, trust him... b/c even if he calls a great game, he is entirely capable of coughing up a fur ball like that at critical times and can lose the game for you in one fateful instant.

Dunderdummy needs to go... he needed to go 3 years ago.

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2015, 02:54 PM
I think nutz's story of Casey-at-the-bat, or whatever it was - the boxers - actually fits. And he wrote it all his self. So fuck the critics.