PDA

View Full Version : I BLAME TED THOMPSON

texaspackerbacker
01-19-2015, 12:53 PM
All this blame of the coaches and some of the players, and "you got to believe ....." and crap like that ........

You got to have the horses, and thanks to Ted, we don't. Our O Line is simply inadequate to line up toe to toe and punch it out or punch it in against weaker teams, much less Seattle. They can't keep the pass rush out of the face of Rodgers. If there are fewer sacks, it's only due to quick passing and Rodgers mobility to avoid the rush.

The D survives on Capers schemes, and by the end of games, sometimes those get figured out by smart O coordinators - like when we stopped both Wilson's passing and Lynch's running early, but eventually we couldn't.

Ted's reputation as a good GM is virtually all because of his one brilliant/lucky/both move in drafting Aaron Rodgers. We undoubtedly are stuck with Ted and Ted's way of doing things until he leaves voluntarily, and I doubt that happens until after the Rodgers years - heaven help us then!

For now, on the good side, we keep having solidly winning records because of Rodgers, but sadly, we just don't maximize things - and Ted gets the blame for that.

Striker
01-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Wow.

Joemailman
01-19-2015, 01:00 PM
I guess I thought the OL did a pretty good job the last month of protecting a QB playing in one leg. But what do I know?

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2015, 01:03 PM
The O line played fantastic game.

Tex's elevator is not running to the top floor.

Freak Out
01-19-2015, 02:09 PM
Ted deserves some blame for sure...but the OL? They kept Rodgers pretty clean considering what kind of offense they run.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2015, 02:10 PM
I also think the offensive line played a good game. I think they would be even a better run blocking line if the Packers changed their scheme. I absolutely hate running out of the shotgun, in fact I hate the shotgun.

pbmax
01-19-2015, 02:20 PM
I also think the offensive line played a good game. I think they would be even a better run blocking line if the Packers changed their scheme. I absolutely hate running out of the shotgun, in fact I hate the shotgun.

They ran numbers at midseason and Lacy and Starks were equally effective in shotgun as in QB under center.

However, exclusive shotgun and pistol was because of Rodgers ankle and wanting to save him steps and pivots.

Bossman641
01-19-2015, 02:34 PM

Entirely calf-related.

Along with all the other what-ifs in this game, I can't help but wonder what the Packers could have done if Rodgers was healthy. Ever since the injury, they have lined up exclusively in the pistol and shotgun. They haven't run any play action, other than the fake give and quick throw, to save Rodgers from footwork. This game, with Seattle selling out to stop the run, was tailor-made for a max protect PA shot deep.

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2015, 02:52 PM
NFL teams don't look like the dynasties of the 60s, 70s, 80s. No way are we ever gonna see much better personnel than 2014 team.

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm with Nutz. I loathe the shot gun. I also hate the lack of TJ Lang hitting a hole hard by pulling.

The OL played as good of a game as any OL did all year. They manned up against an elite defense and kept a hobbled Rodgers clean. This is a joke dude.

ThunderDan
01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
The OL played as good of a game as any OL did all year. They manned up against an elite defense and kept a hobbled Rodgers clean. This is a joke dude.

+1

pbmax
01-19-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm with Nutz. I loathe the shot gun. I also hate the lack of TJ Lang hitting a hole hard by pulling.

So you would have started Matt Flynn?

NewsBruin
01-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Ted's reputation as a good GM is virtually all because of his one brilliant/lucky/both move in drafting Aaron Rodgers. We undoubtedly are stuck with Ted and Ted's way of doing things until he leaves voluntarily, and I doubt that happens until after the Rodgers years - heaven help us then!

For now, on the good side, we keep having solidly winning records because of Rodgers, but sadly, we just don't maximize things - and Ted gets the blame for that.

Well, Ted certainly went against the grain and my advice by getting even moar wide receivers in early rounds and a thumper running back with an injury whisper campaign. And those starting DBs in the seventh round and street pool, what's up with that?

We should have done better with LBs, and we've had some whiff blocks on our OL choices, but I like how our line has jelled. I think we need some new strategery with defensive personnel and identity, but out of the full 53, we've got one of the better teams from top to bottom, and we use them well.

The Seahawks have done well, too, but you could argue their high-and-low value, high-roster-turnover ways are just a more extreme version of our methods. We'll see how things go when Russell Wilson gets his new contract.

We could use more Baylor players, though. Dimitri Goodson got us this far, and he would have gotten us all the way to the Arizona podium had we put him in on the last play.

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2015, 04:01 PM
I get why they ran out of the shot gun - I just don't like it. They run too much of their O from the shotgun when ARod is healthy.

Tex is crazy. I truly believe that the Nick Collins injury cost us another super bowl. That closed our window for a bit. Imagine how much better this D was the past few years with Earl Thomas back there cleaning up mistakes and allowing us to keep Morgan Burnett in the box.

woodbuck27
01-19-2015, 05:19 PM
For most of the game the Packers OL was super.

Aaron Rodgers had loads of time to make plays.

Unfortunately he cannot run and there is a sad fact that hurt the Packer offense in these playoffs.

We could 'only' hope for so much out of Eddie Lacy as we knew he had some injury to his right knee.

I can't explain why the short dump pass failed so often yesterday starting and ending with careless Aaron Rodgers execution.

I can't understand why the screen pass was avoided. What was going on in terms of WR's and routes and communications?

Of all teams the Green Bay Packers must be aware of Jon Ryan's athleticism. Wasn't Slocum informed? Didn't he read MM's memo on Jon Ryan? Argue all you want on the screw up there and the importance that faked FG TD was for the Seattle morale and crowd noise.

That play allowed the Seahawks back in that game. That play started the slide that ended in a Green Bay Packer collapse like none of us has ever seen before happen to the Green Bay Packers.

Infamous
01-19-2015, 05:43 PM
should have let lord favre "compete" for the job