PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 50 Champions

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Take it to the bank: The Packers will win Super Bowl 50*

I think they will bring back Bulaga at a decent rate. He has been hurt a lot - so he'll be affordable.

I think they bring back TWill at a decent price. He played solid coverage all day. I think he will recognize that he's near the end - and that GB is a great place to be.

I suspect they extend Davon House. He's not going to break the bank because he has been injured a lot and hasn't started too much. I view him as a very good player. I think he signs a two year deal.

I think they will add another run stuffer in free agency.

We will be back. The depth of this team is really, really good right now.

* assuming key players remain healthy

Bossman641
01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
I definitely feel like the arrow is pointing up compared to past years. I'll leave it to TT to figure out the Bulaga and Tramon/House details, but I can't see Cobb leaving. Last year at this time there were major questions about the entire D - DL wore down, ILB's sucked, safeties were a joke. This offseason we need the following...

-Growth by Adams and R Rodgers. Already had the highest scoring team in the league with basically 2 pass-catchers. Adding 2 more would really help against the top defenses
-Inside LB's. At least 1, preferably 2
-Growth by HHCD
-Slocum gone
-An actual KR threat

I'd bring back Raji and add him to the mix on the DL, and hope for improvement from Boyd/Jones/Daniels.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-19-2015, 03:38 PM
It is just so hard to do. I mean, with the two back to back quarterback superstars, and a great defense from our last superbowl, we have managed only one in the modern era. Shit happens, salary cap, and a competitive league and all that. So while I would be remiss to not mention ONE MORE TIME how we pissed away one of these rare appearances, yeah, I like our chances for next year. TT needs to work some money magic, we need to eliminate some dead weight in favor of younger/faster/stronger/etc, and we need to have some luck. But after yesterday, we are due some big time luck to even things out.

Bossman641
01-19-2015, 03:46 PM
One other thing, I'd like to see Lacy work on his conditioning. He'll always be a big guy, but he can tone up some.

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2015, 04:00 PM
Forgot about Cobb. There is a zero percent chance Cobb leaves. They will franchise him in the very worst case. He will be back and happy to make Packer money.

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2015, 04:05 PM
The window is back open. We had a bit of a transition period between Collins injury, Finley injury, DD & Woodson getting old, etc.

Next year will be our year. Mark it down. I'm not being a homer. I didn't think they'd be able to beat Seattle, but they showed they were the better team. I don't foresee them losing any key parts.

Striker
01-19-2015, 04:11 PM
As long as they stay healthy, there's no reason they don't make it back the Championship game.

I hope McCarthy makes everyone re-watch this game on the first day of camp. Piss them off. Make them hungrier.

Joemailman
01-19-2015, 05:16 PM
One other thing, I'd like to see Lacy work on his conditioning. He'll always be a big guy, but he can tone up some.

Rodgers actually mentioned earlier in the season that Lacy had talked about it. Hope he follows through. He'd be awesome with a little more explosion in those first 2 steps.