PDA

View Full Version : The new "4th&26"?

MadtownPacker
01-19-2015, 04:32 PM
I guess it is my turn to make a thread about yesterday's fuck up. Had a feeling shit would go sour when all those INTs only turned into FGs. Game never had a good feel to it IMO and while my bro-in-law was talking SB party at my house I was saying that the game was not over and I had a bad feeling. So I wasn't really surprised as much as I was disgusted with how it played out.

Question for the rest of you loser bitches (yes we all are), is this the new 4th&26? That game was the catalyst for change IMO. Sherman and Favre lost a lot of shine in the fans eyes. That eventually resulted in the firing and changes that put the current Packers regime together. Can yesterday be the game that steers the Packers organization in a different direction?

ThunderDan
01-19-2015, 04:34 PM
I guess it is my turn to make a thread about yesterday's fuck up. Had a feeling shit would go sour when all those INTs only turned into FGs. Game never had a good feel to it IMO and while my bro-in-law was talking SB party at my house I was saying that the game was not over and I had a bad feeling. So I wasn't really surprised as much as I was disgusted with how it played out.

Question for the rest of you loser bitches (yes we all are), is this the new 4th&26? That game was the catalyst for change IMO. Sherman and Favre lost a lot of shine in the fans eyes. That eventually resulted in the firing and changes that put the current Packers regime together. Can yesterday be the game that steers the Packers organization in a different direction?

Great another thread on yesterday. It is now 9 with 2 including polls!

pbmax
01-19-2015, 04:36 PM
You also need a poll about ranking the loss and another to assess our mental well-being.

red
01-19-2015, 04:39 PM
i heard somewhere on the tv after the game last night the sobering truth, that we have not been back to the super bowl for 5 years with one of the best QB's in nfl history

thats a lot of wasted years, i hope this makes people at 1265 realise that same changes need to be made and that we can't just "stay the course" like we usually do

MadtownPacker
01-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Great another thread on yesterday. It is now 9 with 2 including polls!Umm who the fuck asked youto count threads? Are you serious? What the fuck is the place for then? Is this thread a duplicate?

Maybe YOU should have made a winning game thread yesterday mother fucker. Then maybe your pussylips mouth could be flapping about all the winning talk instead.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2015, 04:44 PM
i heard somewhere on the tv after the game last night the sobering truth, that we have not been back to the super bowl for 5 years with one of the best QB's in nfl history

thats a lot of wasted years, i hope this makes people at 1265 realise that same changes need to be made and that we can't just "stay the course" like we usually doThis is more along the lines of what I want to discuss. Everyone talks about how Favre's last years where wasted. Well gues what Rodgers ain't getting younger and if fuckers think another HOF QB will just land on the Packers lap then they are more inbred than I thought.

Fuck all of you!!!

woodbuck27
01-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Great another thread on yesterday. It is now 9 with 2 including polls!

I don't like doing this but his time it's so appropriate;

Whine you whiney BITCH ........... whine !

The team we support just suffered the worst collapse and loss of any team in NFC history in a Championship game; a lot of things that failed or were poorly conceived contributed to that result and not simply the misfortune of one man named Brandon Bostick.

If his Packer team mates can find the compassion to lend support to him and you can't.

What does that say about you ThunderDan?

Stop being a bitch !

HowardRoark
01-19-2015, 04:57 PM
I think some of the most important coaching of the Aaron Era will be done in the next few days....lot's of good young talent, O-line got it together, two young receivers coming online, get a good draft (again). If they didn't know it Saturday night, they should know now they are the best team in the NFL.

Joemailman
01-19-2015, 04:57 PM
I don't think the Packers need to go in a different direction. They need to keep at it. They have the coach and GM that won them 1 Super Bowl. That's very different from Sherman who wouldn't have won it all if he stayed here 20 years. The 2 situations just comparable IMO.

George Cumby
01-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Agree Joe. Some changes, some substantive but not wholesale changes.

Striker
01-19-2015, 05:17 PM
If they do it again, change directions.

I think some minor cultural changes would be good. That also includes exploding out of the gate to start the season instead of a slow start.

Dumping some of the mediocre/average players on the team will help too.

Freak Out
01-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Umm who the fuck asked youto count threads? Are you serious? What the fuck is the place for then? Is this thread a duplicate?

Maybe YOU should have made a winning game thread yesterday mother fucker. Then maybe your pussylips mouth could be flapping about all the winning talk instead.

No shit...this is the day we get to go off and make threads about anything. This is therapy.

https://monicastangledweb.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/lucy-the-doctor-is-in.jpg

pbmax
01-19-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't think this results in any changes. Sherman got two years after 4th and 26. He lost his GM gig after losing his hair and slim physique fretting about Mike McKenzie.

pbmax
01-19-2015, 05:27 PM
The team we support just suffered the worst collapse and loss of any team in NFC history and a lot of things that failed or were poorly conceived contributed to that result and not simply the misfortune of one man named Brandon Bostick.

The level of reading comprehension fail here is staggering.

Joemailman
01-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I don't think this results in any changes. Sherman got two years after 4th and 26. He lost his GM gig after losing his hair and slim physique fretting about Mike McKenzie.

The path was interesting.. After 4th and 26, Sherman needed a scapegoat for the loss so he canned Donatell and hired Slowik. That pissed off McKenzie who refused to play for the Packers. Bob Harlan became concerned about the effect the GM job was having on Sherman's coaching when Sherman was missing practices to deal with the Mckenzie situation. Sherman traded McKenzie for a 2nd round pick. to New Orleans. Ted Thompson was brought in as GM and drafted Nick Collins with the pick the Packers got for McKenzie.

woodbuck27
01-19-2015, 05:36 PM
The level of reading comprehension fail here is staggering.

What is that?

A fire extinguisher in your hand?

Would you please elaborate on your response pbmax.

Infamous
01-19-2015, 05:37 PM
GREAT stuff!!

is this the new 4th&26? That game was the catalyst for change IMO. Sherman and Favre lost a lot of shine in the fans eyes. That eventually resulted in the firing and changes that put the current Packers regime

pbmax
01-19-2015, 05:50 PM
What is that?

A fire extinguisher in your hand?

Would you please elaborate on your response pbmax.

Covered again here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?27558-An-Attempt-At-Discussing-McCarthy-s-Future&p=824641&viewfull=1#post824641

pbmax
01-19-2015, 05:51 PM
The path was interesting.. After 4th and 26, Sherman needed a scapegoat for the loss so he canned Donatell and hired Slowik. That pissed off McKenzie who refused to play for the Packers. Bob Harlan became concerned about the effect the GM job was having on Sherman's coaching when Sherman was missing practices to deal with the Mckenzie situation. Sherman traded McKenzie for a 2nd round pick. to New Orleans. Ted Thompson was brought in as GM and drafted Nick Collins with the pick the Packers got for McKenzie.

The Slowik hire was a catastrophe as was the instruction to blitz like crazy.

woodbuck27
01-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Covered again here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?27558-An-Attempt-At-Discussing-McCarthy-s-Future&p=824641&viewfull=1#post824641

10-4.

ThunderDan
01-19-2015, 06:47 PM

I had it covered until Bostick got his mitts on the damn ball.

ThunderDan
01-19-2015, 06:48 PM
And the O couldn't get a first down and HaHa didn't bat down Wilson's balloon ball.

woodbuck27
01-19-2015, 07:45 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

January 19, 2015

NFC Championship Game ... Green Bay At Seattle Sun. Jan. 18, 2015

NFL title games - a lesson in finishing.

KYPack
01-19-2015, 07:46 PM
man, I feel like a wounded animal.

Yep this is the new 4th & 26.

And lemme tell ya, the new one is way worse than the old one.

we HAD that bitch.

I knew we would play strong.

We were pissed at those bastards & they thought they could toss their jocks out in front of that goofy crowd & push us off the field.

And, we fucked it all up.

Lord, I feel like shit.

I know, I'll start a new thread bitching about the loss, that'll cheer me up.

pittstang5
01-19-2015, 08:59 PM
man, I feel like a wounded animal.

Yep this is the new 4th & 26.

And lemme tell ya, the new one is way worse than the old one.

we HAD that bitch.

I knew we would play strong.

We were pissed at those bastards & they thought they could toss their jocks out in front of that goofy crowd & push us off the field.

And, we fucked it all up.

Lord, I feel like shit.

I know, I'll start a new thread bitching about the loss, that'll cheer me up.

Like u read my mind. I can't get this one outta my head. We had them....we had them

woodbuck27
01-21-2015, 12:03 PM
This game didn't have a 4th and 27 but it did have a 3rd and 19 'Big Passing Play' by Seattle's Russell Wilson:

3rd Quarter:

1-15-GB 44 (8:02) 3-R.Wilson sacked at SEA 41 for -15 yards (52-C.Matthews). Penalty on SEA-64-J.Sweezy, Unnecessary Roughness, declined.

2-30-SEA 41 (7:34) (Shotgun) 24-M.Lynch left tackle to GB 48 for 11 yards (42-M.Burnett).

3-19-GB 48 (6:51) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass deep right to 89-D.Baldwin to GB 19 for 29 yards (52-C.Matthews). Penalty on GB-52-C.Matthews, Illegal Use of Hands, declined.

1-10-GB 19 (6:13) (Shotgun) 24-M.Lynch left guard to GB 18 for 1 yard (53-N.Perry).

2-9-GB 18 (5:39) 24-M.Lynch left tackle to GB 19 for -1 yards (53-N.Perry; 58-S.Barrington).

3-10-GB 19 (4:56) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass incomplete short left to 24-M.Lynch (58-S.Barrington).

4-10-GB 19 (4:50) (Field Goal formation) 9-J.Ryan pass deep left to 79-G.Gilliam for 19 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

woodbuck27
01-21-2015, 12:08 PM
This game didn't have a 4th and 27 but it did have a 3rd and 19 'Big Passing Play' by Seattle's Russell Wilson:

Ref:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015011800/2014/POST20/packers@seahawks#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap30 00000460119&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

3rd Quarter:

1-15-GB 44 (8:02) 3-R.Wilson sacked at SEA 41 for -15 yards (52-C.Matthews). Penalty on SEA-64-J.Sweezy, Unnecessary Roughness, declined.

2-30-SEA 41 (7:34) (Shotgun) 24-M.Lynch left tackle to GB 48 for 11 yards (42-M.Burnett).

The stop that had to be made and wasn't:

3-19-GB 48 (6:51) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass deep right to 89-D.Baldwin to GB 19 for 29 yards (52-C.Matthews). Penalty on GB-52-C.Matthews, Illegal Use of Hands, declined.

1-10-GB 19 (6:13) (Shotgun) 24-M.Lynch left guard to GB 18 for 1 yard (53-N.Perry).

2-9-GB 18 (5:39) 24-M.Lynch left tackle to GB 19 for -1 yards (53-N.Perry; 58-S.Barrington).

3-10-GB 19 (4:56) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass incomplete short left to 24-M.Lynch (58-S.Barrington).

4-10-GB 19 (4:50) (Field Goal formation) 9-J.Ryan pass deep left to 79-G.Gilliam for 19 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Expert analysts generally agree that that series of events was the inspiration needed to make the complete comeback. That series of events put 'the 12th Man' back in the game. Up until that series of events the Russell Wlson led Seahawk offense was 'nowhere' !