PDA

View Full Version : So, who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Cheesehead Craig
01-21-2015, 08:50 AM
Don't care if you're over Sunday's game or not.

Will it be the bastard Seahawks so we get to hear about their "dynasty" and how "clutch" they are or the cheating Patriots so we get to hear ESPN and the East Coast talking heads go into overdrive since an East Coast team won and drone on about the wonderful Pats and what a "genius" Belichick is?

Or are we hoping for a wardrobe malfunction for Katy Perry?

denverYooper
01-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Tough one.

I want Seattle to lose, but if the Seahawks win and Wilson gets MVP, they'll probably have to pay him more.

woodbuck27
01-21-2015, 08:57 AM

Will it be the bastard Seahawks so we get to hear about their "dynasty" and how "clutch" they are or the cheating Patriots so we get to hear ESPN and the East Coast talking heads go into overdrive since an East Coast team won and drone on about the wonderful Pats and what a "genius" Belichick is?

That one is easy:

The Green Bay Packers play in the NFC. The Champion of the NFC is the defending CHAMPION Seattle Seahawks who narrowly got past the Green Bay Packers.

I agree with denverYooper. All glory and too much money to Russell Wilson.

GO Seahawks GO !

hoosier
01-21-2015, 09:07 AM
I hope the football gods find a way so that both teams can lose.

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Patriots--mainly because I find Seahawk fans more obnoxious. Seattle is highly bandwagon when it comes to sports. I have relatives out there. I used to travel out there every couple of years from the early 90s to early 2000s, and you wouldn't have known the Seahawks existed. I went to the Pack-Hawks in 1996 and nearly half the stadium was Pack fans.

Smidgeon
01-21-2015, 10:08 AM
The Patriots.

I hate Seattle.

Fosco33
01-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Tough.

If we would've won - did we have a great shot at beating hoody twice in a season? Most here would say, of course. But I doubted it. Seeing the Pats win would mean the best team won.

Seeing the Seahawks win may add more misery to the choke.

I'm cheering for Katy and a good game with friends/family.

mraynrand
01-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Well, since the Packers beat both of them, I really don't care.

Bossman641
01-21-2015, 10:38 AM

I hate both teams. If I had to choose I'd say Seattle to win in the hopes that it will quicken their demise. Patriots are already working against father time.

ThunderDan
01-21-2015, 10:50 AM
No one.

I dislike the Pats and since the fail mary I dislike the Seachickens.

The only NFL teams I root for are the GB Packers and anyone who can help the Packers advance to the playoffs during the season.

esoxx
01-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Hoping for a stadium fire.

Freak Out
01-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Patriots--mainly because I find Seahawk fans more obnoxious. Seattle is highly bandwagon when it comes to sports. I have relatives out there. I used to travel out there every couple of years from the early 90s to early 2000s, and you wouldn't have known the Seahawks existed. I went to the Pack-Hawks in 1996 and nearly half the stadium was Pack fans.

At least. I met Jerry Glanville after the game. Rick Mirer....lol.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm too angry to watch the Super Bowl.

mraynrand
01-21-2015, 01:38 PM
At least. I met Jerry Glanville after the game. Rick Mirer....lol.

Geezus, Jerry Glandville: "How do you spell G? Capital G."

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-21-2015, 01:42 PM
The Green Bay Packers...

ThunderDan
01-21-2015, 03:56 PM
The Green Bay Packers...

I like how you think!

George Cumby
01-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Patriots. I like Hoody, don't know why but I do. I really dislike Pete Carroll and the current Seahawx.

red
01-21-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm too angry to watch the Super Bowl.

This

On a scale of 1 to 10, I couldn't give 2 shits who wins the super bowl

pbmax
01-21-2015, 11:55 PM
I'm rooting for a half-time wardrobe malfunction this year.

smuggler
01-22-2015, 02:58 AM
Gotta root for the Pats in this one. I wouldn't be able to stomach Seattle winning it after the NFC Championship. If New England wins, I will always wonder if the Pack would have trumped them in the big game, but I won't be able to hate them for it.

Strange Brew
01-22-2015, 06:49 AM
Katy Perry

mraynrand
01-22-2015, 08:09 AM
I'm rooting for a half-time wardrobe malfunction this year.

You could beat to that... I mean, you beat me to it....nm.

3irty1
01-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Patriots easily. The Seahawks need to be humbled.

Bretsky
01-22-2015, 08:47 AM
SEVERELY TORN HERE

I appreciate Russell Wilson and under normal circumstance I'd go for Seattle..........but that loss was just too much.........so I want the Patriots to destroy them
Not just beat them.........destroy them

I've already sent Hoody Genius a Message that I'll doctor the balls up exactly how Brady wants for free :))

denverYooper
01-22-2015, 09:16 AM
I hope the football gods find a way so that both teams can lose.

If the Patriots win the game but it turns out they were messing with gameballs, this might come to pass. There will be enough of an argument that the Patriots got there by cheating to sully their win.

MadScientist
01-22-2015, 09:32 AM
I think I'd rather watch soccer than this SB. Cheaters vs self-absorbed douche bag who thinks god made him throw interceptions? Maybe a hail storm can drop a foot or two of hail forcing them to cancel.

I'd root for the wardrobe malfunction, but that would mean watching the game and the half-time crap.

denverYooper
01-22-2015, 09:38 AM
I think I'd rather watch soccer than this SB. Cheaters vs self-absorbed douche bag who thinks god made him throw interceptions? Maybe a hail storm can drop a foot or two of hail forcing them to cancel.

I'd root for the wardrobe malfunction, but that would mean watching the game and the half-time crap.

Between this game and the Fail Mary, I'm starting to think the Packers are cursed in CenturyLink for some reason. Maybe because Thompson built the first relevant team there and then left for Green Bay.

Smidgeon
01-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Patriots easily. The Seahawks need to be humbled.

So very this.

pbmax
01-22-2015, 11:40 AM
If the Patriots win the game but it turns out they were messing with gameballs, this might come to pass. There will be enough of an argument that the Patriots got there by cheating to sully their win.

Changed my mind. Wardrobe malfunction AND the actual game winner disqualified for PEDs or sliding the goalposts closer together in the 4th quarter.

Win-win.

denverYooper
01-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Changed my mind. Wardrobe malfunction AND the actual game winner disqualified for PEDs or sliding the goalposts closer together in the 4th quarter.

Win-win.

That reminds me. The Seahawks must have a new chemist. They fired that fellow from East Germany after the last round of suspensions.

MadtownPacker
01-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Between this game and the Fail Mary, I'm starting to think the Packers are cursed in CenturyLink for some reason. Maybe because Thompson built the first relevant team there and then left for Green Bay.
Fuck, hadn't thought of this. Good point to bring up you Nabisco.

KYPack
01-22-2015, 04:14 PM
I want the Patriots to win.

They are discredited for deflate gate and will be considered dicks if they win.

This way, we didn't lose an important SB, we got aced out of a shitty one.

That sounded better in my mind than appearing as a post, I'll tell ya.

denverYooper
01-23-2015, 09:12 AM

Win-win.

ProFootballReference
‏@pfref
Not absolving the Pats, but there is plenty of finger pointing to go around. Seahawks w/ 9 susp. in 5 years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8CuhLhCMAAujdV.png

Of course, the Redskins being #1 shows drugs aren't a sure path to success. It's all about taking the right ones.

Pugger
01-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I want the Patriots to win.

They are discredited for deflate gate and will be considered dicks if they win.

This way, we didn't lose an important SB, we got aced out of a shitty one.

That sounded better in my mind than appearing as a post, I'll tell ya.

This might be the best scenario. However, I can't stand either team. The Patriot fans down here are insufferable! If you think seachicken fans are arrogant they have a long way to go to beat the NE clowns here. :-P

Pugger
01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
ProFootballReference
‏@pfref
Not absolving the Pats, but there is plenty of finger pointing to go around. Seahawks w/ 9 susp. in 5 years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8CuhLhCMAAujdV.png

Of course, the Redskins being #1 shows drugs aren't a sure path to success. It's all about taking the right ones.

I notice that wonderful franchise in that small town in Wisconsin isn't on this list. :D

Joemailman
01-23-2015, 12:11 PM
I notice that wonderful franchise in that small town in Wisconsin isn't on this list. :D

But they should be. Wasn't Neal suspended for using Adderall?

Cheesehead Craig
01-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Go Pats.

Not that I'm real thrilled about whomever wins this. But agree that the Seahawks need a bit of humility given how much they like to jawjack.

HowardRoark
01-23-2015, 01:00 PM

And it's the same end zone....even the same side of it.