PDA

View Full Version : NFL Honors 2015: Rodgers is Two-Time MVP

pbmax
01-31-2015, 10:18 PM
Beat Watt by a comfortable margin. They really have improved the look of the trophy. Much better than the Conference Championship trophy.

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/aaron-rodgers-olivia-munn-honors.jpg

Arians wins Coach of the Year: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25013805/bruce-arians-wins-2014-coach-of-the-year

Watt is DPOY: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25013863/jj-watt-named-2014-defensive-player-of-the-year

Murray is OPOY: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25013785/demarco-murray-wins-2014-offensive-player-of-the-year

Gronk is Comeback POY: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25013984/rob-gronkowski-wins-2014-comeback-player-of-the-year-award

red
01-31-2015, 10:19 PM
doesn't make things any better :(

pbmax
01-31-2015, 10:28 PM
doesn't make things any better :(

Not until another SB win. Then it will be twice as nice.

pbmax
01-31-2015, 10:49 PM
MVP VOTING

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay 31
J.J. Watt, Houston 13
Tony Romo, Dallas 2
DeMarco Murray, Dallas 2
Tom Brady, New England 1
Bobby Wagner, Seattle 1

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 58m58 minutes ago
Hmmm. RT @MichaelDavSmith: Tony Dungy cast the lone MVP vote for Bobby Wagner.

Strange Brew
02-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Second straight day of great Packer news! Now for the trifecta when Pats pluck the birds tomorrow and the healing process will officially begin.

gbgary
02-01-2015, 07:05 AM
the voting wasn't as close as i thought it would be. pretty much a blowout.

he's fallen hard for Olivia. a near marriage proposal while at the podium.

Second straight day of great Packer news! Now for the trifecta when Pats pluck the birds tomorrow and the healing process will officially begin.

kinda right there with ya.

woodbuck27
02-01-2015, 07:08 AM
Congratulations Aaron Rodgers on your second NFL MVP Award.

You deserved it hands down.

denverYooper
02-01-2015, 09:53 AM

This.

I have several Masshole friends out here who love the Patriots. Might as well throw them a bone and precipitate Seattle's regression back to the Pack.

MadtownPacker
02-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Second straight day of great Packer news! Now for the trifecta when Pats pluck the birds tomorrow and the healing process will officially begin.Yeah that would be a decent end to the season since we cant have it our way.

Pugger
02-01-2015, 10:08 AM
the voting wasn't as close as i thought it would be. pretty much a blowout.

he's fallen hard for Olivia. a near marriage proposal while at the podium.

kinda right there with ya.

The feeling appears mutual. Did you see the daggers she sent to Seth Meyers when he was joking around about us losing the NFCC game?

Pugger
02-01-2015, 10:10 AM
This.

I have several Masshole friends out here who love the Patriots. Might as well throw them a bone and precipitate Seattle's regression back to the Pack.

NE fans are the worst. I have several neighbors from NE and they are an insufferable arrogant bunch who cheer for cheaters. I hate the seachickens but my disdain for NE is deeper.

mraynrand
02-01-2015, 10:44 AM
yay

woodbuck27
02-01-2015, 03:30 PM
The feeling appears mutual. Did you see the daggers she sent to Seth Meyers when he was joking around about us losing the NFCC game?

I just missed that early segment of the show. Did Olivia Munn's looks top Jim Brown when Seth Meyers was burning the Cleveland Browns?

On that one I actually thought here it comes.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdh7M2rIL2EK5-ZtcFB1SuCKhhCV03R6cnyJfVHG0VNTZIof90

Seth Myers was going to turn to stone.

smuggler
02-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Poor Cleveland...

Pugger
02-01-2015, 08:22 PM
I just missed that early segment of the show. Did Olivia Munn's looks top Jim Brown when Seth Meyers was burning the Cleveland Browns?

On that one I actually thought here it comes.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdh7M2rIL2EK5-ZtcFB1SuCKhhCV03R6cnyJfVHG0VNTZIof90

Seth Myers was going to turn to stone.

They both glared at Meyers.

RashanGary
02-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Other than a Sb win, my next biggest hope is for Aaron to win MVP. He's 31. We'll have another shot. This is a good team!

red
02-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Other than a Sb win, my next biggest hope is for Aaron to win MVP. He's 31. We'll have another shot. This is a good team!

this has been a "good" team for the last 5 years, and haven't been back. we were a "good" team with favre for 15 years with one title to show for it

of have no confidence in the coaches and players at this point

gbgary
02-01-2015, 11:17 PM

no I didn't. wish I had.

glad sea had their hearts broken.

Pugger
02-02-2015, 10:22 AM
this has been a "good" team for the last 5 years, and haven't been back. we were a "good" team with favre for 15 years with one title to show for it

of have no confidence in the coaches and players at this point

We beat the SB champs and lost to the seachickens in OT in their madhouse with a one legged QB. Are you saying we're now going to morph into the TN Titans in 2015? Be serious.

woodbuck27
02-02-2015, 10:31 AM
We beat the SB champs and lost to the seachickens in OT in their madhouse with a one legged QB. Are you saying we're now going to morph into the TN Titans in 2015? Be serious.

Many teams don't easily recover from such collapse's.

In terms of the Green Bay Packers...it's a wait and see.

All the same......

I'll bet that they enter the 2015 season in the top five of the Power Rankings.

ThunderDan
02-02-2015, 10:57 AM

Odds to win next year's Super Bowl:
Seachickens 5-1
Pats 6-1
Packers 7-1

denverYooper
02-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Odds to win next year's Super Bowl:
Seachickens 5-1
Pats 6-1
Packers 7-1

I'm kinda surprised that the Pats aren't on top, just because the Packers and Seahawks have to deal with each other before the SB.

woodbuck27
02-02-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm kinda surprised that the Pats aren't on top, just because the Packers and Seahawks have to deal with each other before the SB.

ditto

Joemailman
02-02-2015, 11:15 AM

Not only that, but only once has a team lost the Super Bowl and then won it the following year - Miami. It's fairly common for a team to lose the Conference Championship game and then win it all the next year - see this Patriots team. Maybe the Packers should be favored.

ThunderDan
02-02-2015, 11:55 AM
If Lynch moves to another team SEA will drop below GB.

mission
02-02-2015, 11:59 AM

I thought they just gave him a ridiculous extension?

woodbuck27
02-02-2015, 12:05 PM

The Packers can't get back to the Super Bowl on paper.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA0nqUXKueIA-ZTUyGjiIZ5TvcTtPZKEsUp-uFC5ZaqZ6oIGAk-w

Some very intelligent people have

walked such stuff to an outhouse.

Joemailman
02-02-2015, 12:06 PM

Reports are they've offered him an extension, but nothing is finalized. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/01/report-seahawks-offer-marshawn-lynch-sizable-extension/

Pugger
02-02-2015, 12:26 PM

Probably because it is so hard to repeat. Just ask Seattle.

pbmax
02-02-2015, 12:50 PM

Its on the table, reportedly, but not signed or official. Kinda weird they would do that before Wilson.

Publicly, Wilson's agent cut off negotiations during the season, but he might simply be withholding that info from the QB.

Bossman641
02-02-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm just glad Seattle is now running into successful team problems.....DC leaving, Wilson cap hit going to be >20 times what it has been.

Joemailman
02-02-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm just glad Seattle is now running into successful team problems.....DC leaving, Wilson cap hit going to be >20 times what it has been.

They have some cap room but it will get tougher. In addition to needing to sign Lynch and Wilson to extensions, they will have about 7 million in dead money in 2015 due to the Harvin trade. The thing they have going for them is that they probably pay less money to wide receivers than any team in football. Schneider will probably do a good job of keeping their core together, but they will probably be less active in free agency from here on out.

Edit: In addition to Lynch and Wilson, Russell Okung, Brandon Mebane, Bruce Irvin and Bobby Wagner all have contracts expiring after next year.

Pugger
02-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Its on the table, reportedly, but not signed or official. Kinda weird they would do that before Wilson.

Publicly, Wilson's agent cut off negotiations during the season, but he might simply be withholding that info from the QB.

No really. IMO the offense runs thru Lynch and not Wilson.

pbmax
02-02-2015, 06:13 PM
No really. IMO the offense runs thru Lynch and not Wilson.

Yes, but Lynch isn't going to cost north of $22 million.

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-03-2015, 05:25 AM
Yeah, hard to tell about next year. Too many things have to align to take a SB win for granted. One thing for sure, firing the dumb ass slocum was a step in the right direction. Now if we can find two stud ILBs and a monster tight end.

mraynrand
02-03-2015, 07:52 AM
The Packers can't get back to the Super Bowl on paper.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA0nqUXKueIA-ZTUyGjiIZ5TvcTtPZKEsUp-uFC5ZaqZ6oIGAk-w

Some very intelligent people have

walked such stuff to an outhouse.

When you post that .... 'YOU' flush yourself down the toilet woodbuck27.

woodbuck27
02-03-2015, 08:02 AM
When you post that .... 'YOU' flush yourself down the toilet woodbuck27.

The connotation of my post is for reflection and not at all offending.

If you misinterpreted that. Maybe? blame someone besides me. :-)

mraynrand
02-03-2015, 08:05 AM
The connotation of my post is for reflection and not at all offending.

well, you offended me. That gives me the ultimate power. I expect an apology.

woodbuck27
02-03-2015, 08:10 AM
well, you offended me. That gives me the ultimate power. I expect an apology.

Aren't you getting enough LOVE?

Valentine's day is close.