PDA

View Full Version : The NFL’s first' Veteran Combine' set for March 22, 2015.

woodbuck27
02-08-2015, 11:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/08/michael-sam-hopes-for-a-spot-at-the-nfls-first-veteran-combine/

Michael Sam hopes for a spot at the NFL’s first veteran Combine

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 8, 2015, 3:39 PM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

Who on the Green Bay Packers Scouting Staff is responsible of scouting the CFL?

Guiness
02-09-2015, 09:35 AM
I was kind of interested in seeing how this went until I saw that Sam would be involved, I hope it doesn't turn into non-stop coverage of him. I'd like to hear about other players as well!

Joemailman
02-09-2015, 09:34 PM
The thing with Sam is I don't know that another combine will help him. One reason he was such a late pick was that he was terrible at the NFL combine. He was 22nd among DE's in the 40 and 24th in 3-cone. This despite he was probably one of the lightest DE's there. His best bet would be to go to Canada and show he can play despite his physical shortcomings. And don't say anything about wanting to do a reality show.

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 09:52 PM
The thing with Sam is I don't know that another combine will help him. One reason he was such a late pick was that he was terrible at the NFL combine. He was 22nd among DE's in the 40 and 24th in 3-cone. This despite he was probably one of the lightest DE's there. His best bet would be to go to Canada and show he can play despite his physical shortcomings. And don't say anything about wanting to do a reality show.

He might really enjoy Montreal. It's a terrific city.

MadScientist
02-09-2015, 10:44 PM

If he spent the last year getting is condition / measurables up to snuff, he might draw a second look, but the same goes for everyone else in the veterans combine. There is undoubtedly some talent there, and possibly a hidden gem worth scouting. Most likely the finds will be amothose who got some small injury in camp and never got the chance to show their stuff.

Guiness
02-10-2015, 07:11 PM
If he spent the last year getting is condition / measurables up to snuff, he might draw a second look, but the same goes for everyone else in the veterans combine. There is undoubtedly some talent there, and possibly a hidden gem worth scouting. Most likely the finds will be amothose who got some small injury in camp and never got the chance to show their stuff.

This, and its is why I think Sam doesn't stand much of a chance - he was healthy, and spent the year on a PS. A couple of teams had a good long look at him and decided no.

Carolina_Packer
02-10-2015, 10:57 PM
All the non-football stuff with him aside, like others have said, go play where you can so there is tape for talent evaluators, and if you show out, you'll get another chance. Worked well for Cameron Wake after he barely got a sniff from the NFL back in 2005 coming out of Penn State.