PDA

View Full Version : Packers continue to fix the side of the ball that isn't really broken, sign vet OL coach mike solari

red
02-09-2015, 02:09 PM
be nice to start trying to bring in new coaches to fix the busted defense

not sure what position this guy will coach, he is a 28 year coaching vet though

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-san-francisco-49ers-to-add-position-coach-mike-solari-020915

i can't see him replacing campen, our line was pretty damn good this year. maybe he'll be the new assistant offensive line coach?

pbmax
02-09-2015, 02:25 PM
He was a former OL coach and is now an assistant. That must have been some sales pitch. The OLine had a tough time in SF with injuries, but its not as if the guy doesn't have a good track record. He has been there the entire Harbaugh regime.

I think this is another change driven by the playoff loss and the inability to abuse Seattle's weakened run D in the play off game.

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 02:35 PM
He was a former OL coach and is now an assistant. That must have been some sales pitch. The OLine had a tough time in SF with injuries, but its not as if the guy doesn't have a good track record. He has been there the entire Harbaugh regime.

I think this is another change driven by the playoff loss and the inability to abuse Seattle's weakened run D in the play off game.

Two or three seasons ago the San Fran 49ers had as a real strength their OL.

As I recall their OL was ranked as the top or close to the top in the NFL

Smidgeon
02-09-2015, 03:05 PM

Yep. I was guessing it was run game related too.

pbmax
02-09-2015, 04:09 PM
At least one of M3's colleague's went on to great success:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
Was w/McCarthy for 2 years in KC. May fill asst. OL opening. RT @alexmarvez: Source: 49ers OL coach Mike Solari is joining @Packers staff.

Joemailman
02-09-2015, 04:20 PM
In 1987-88, in addition to being Asst. O-Line coach, he was Dallas' Special Teams coach.

MadScientist
02-09-2015, 04:52 PM
The Packers OL was not that great at the start of the season. Hopefully this guy can come in and get them ready to play a the start of the season.

mraynrand
02-09-2015, 05:00 PM
https://andrewsidea.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/solaris1.png

Pugger
02-09-2015, 06:17 PM
be nice to start trying to bring in new coaches to fix the busted defense

not sure what position this guy will coach, he is a 28 year coaching vet though

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-san-francisco-49ers-to-add-position-coach-mike-solari-020915

i can't see him replacing campen, our line was pretty damn good this year. maybe he'll be the new assistant offensive line coach?

We lost an assistant line coach a couple of weeks ago so I'm gonna assume Solari is just taking that job.

Bossman641
02-10-2015, 10:11 AM
The Packers OL was not that great at the start of the season. Hopefully this guy can come in and get them ready to play a the start of the season.

Let this guy coach them from July into October. Campen can take over after that.