PDA

View Full Version : Packers' 5 biggest strengths heading into 2015 offseason.

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 02:30 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-5-biggest-strengths-heading-into-2015-offseason-020215

Packers' 5 biggest strengths heading into 2015 offseason

Paul Imig ... FOX Sports Wisconsin

FEB 02, 2015 4:30p ET

Comment woodbuck27:

As an analyst said this morning:

The Green Bay Packers aren't going away and are very much in the NFL Networks discussion

RE: Real Contenders in the NFL for a Super Bowl in 2015-16.

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

Reviewing the moves that were made by the Green Bay Packers last off season to take the team a step closer to a Super Bowl appearance. How many of those moves will be extended as a part of this off season?

** I'm wondering about TT's view on FA CB Tramone Williams and that related to the importance he felt was necessary in retaining CB SWam Shields last year.

** We've already learned that 2014 FA acquisition Juluis Peppers ( a top defensive performer last season) is expecting to be restructured and wants to refocus on 2015-16.

** Will TT return BJ Raji with the growing concern at the DT position?

** Will TT cut ILB's AJ Hawk and/or Brad Jones to recover CAP money and sign FA's like WR Randall Cobb and Tackle Bryan Bulaga?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-daily-news-story/article-1/Five-decisions-that-defined-the-season/359f4a0f-cdb1-43a5-8dda-765c1d989f8f

Five decisions that defined the (2014-15) season

Posted Feb 9, 2015

BY: Mike Spofford ... packers.com senior writer

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Five biggest strengths
1. QB
2. Running Back
3. Offensive Line
4. outside linebacker
5. kicker

mraynrand
02-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Five biggest strengths
1. QB
2. Running Back
3. Offensive Line
4. outside linebacker
5. kicker

I'd put WR above kicker and maybe = to OLB

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Five biggest strengths
1. QB
2. Running Back
3. Offensive Line
4. outside linebacker
5. kicker

It's hard to disagree with those strengths.

Patler
02-13-2015, 11:13 PM
Safety?

vince
02-14-2015, 03:07 AM
1. GM
2. QB
3. OL (with Bulaga)
4. HC (& staff)
5. RB
6. OLB (with Pepp)
7. WR (with Coibb)
8. DB (with Williams or better)
10. Lambeau Field/Lombardi Trophy/Harlan Plaza
11. K
12. DL
13. TE
14. Punter
15. Return/Coverage Units
16. ILB

woodbuck27
02-14-2015, 05:31 AM
1. GM
2. QB
3. OL (with Bulaga)
4. HC (& staff)
5. RB
6. OLB (with Pepp)
7. WR (with Coibb)
11. K
12. DL
13. TE
14. Punter
16. ILB

Good....but I'd go:

5. WR (with Cobb)
6. OLB (with Peppers)
7. RB

14. ILB
15. Punter
16. Return/coverage Units

Pugger
02-14-2015, 08:57 AM
1. GM
2. QB
3. OL (with Bulaga)
4. HC (& staff)
5. RB
6. OLB (with Pepp)
7. WR (with Coibb)
11. K
12. DL
13. TE
14. Punter
16. ILB

I'd put K a little higher. Crosby has been pretty darn good these past couple of seasons.

mraynrand
02-14-2015, 09:09 AM
OL getting a lot of love

woodbuck27
02-14-2015, 11:51 AM
I'd put K a little higher. Crosby has been pretty darn good these past couple of seasons.

Yes ... I agree.

Deputy Nutz
02-14-2015, 10:58 PM
If they don't sign Cobb there is a significant hole in the WR department.

woodbuck27
02-15-2015, 07:16 AM

Aaron Rodgers won't allow TT to not sign Randal Cobb.

Aaron Rodgers is solidly installed as the new STAR on the Packer roster. The STAR on any solid team has definite pull.

If he was to sit on his hands and be quoted as saying something of this order:

"I really hope that Ted Thompson can do something to retain Randall Cobb."

and not..."I want Randall Cobb retained on our team...we need Randall Cobb."

I'd feel that Aaron Rodgers is a weak leader.

If it was any shrug of the shoulder reaction (from Aaron Rodgers) to Randall Cobb and him possibly leaving Green Bay.

I'd be very disappointed in Aaron Rodgers in terms of a leadership quality he needs to have. There comes a time when all great leaders speak out. You cannot harness their emotions/mouths.

All the great leaders in Pro sports stand in solid for their teammates. I want Aaron Rodgers to be right there.

Screw this coined reaction we hear and read today " well... after all it's a business decision " ...that's clear BS.

My personal feeling and Packer WR Randall Cobb isn't any other NFL team's WR:

Ted Thompson don't allow Randall Cobb to make an easy decision to leave the Green Bay Packers. Get busy and respect Randall cobb and what he brings to the Packer table.

Pugger
02-15-2015, 07:45 AM

One good thing for us - but perhaps not for Cobb - is there will be a glut of WRs on the open market this offseason so maybe it won't cost us a king's ransom to resign him.

Pugger
02-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Aaron Rodgers won't allow TT to not sign Randal Cobb.

Aaron Rodgers is solidly installed as the new STAR on the Packer roster. The STAR on any solid team has definite pull.

If he was to sit on his hands and be quoted as saying something of this order:

"I really hope that Ted Thompson can do something to retain Randall Cobb."

and not..."I want Randall Cobb retained on our team...we need Randall Cobb."

I'd feel that Aaron Rodgers is a weak leader.

If it was any shrug of the shoulder reaction (from Aaron Rodgers) to Randall Cobb and him possibly leaving Green Bay.

I'd be very disappointed in Aaron Rodgers in terms of a leadership quality he needs to have. There comes a time when all great leaders speak out. You cannot harness their emotions/mouths.

All the great leaders in Pro sports stand in solid for their teammates. I want Aaron Rodgers to be right there.

Screw this coined reaction we hear and read today " well... after all it's a business decision " ...that's clear BS.

My personal feeling and Packer WR Randall Cobb isn't any other NFL team's WR:

Ted Thompson don't allow Randall Cobb to make an easy decision to leave the Green Bay Packers. Get busy and respect Randall cobb and what he brings to the Packer table.

Ted didn't always listen to Favre so I don't think he'll listen to Rodgers either. Ted is going to do what he thinks is in the best interest of the Franchise and not necessarily his MVP. Unless some other team offers Cobb a ridiculous contract I'm not worried about us letting Randall go.

BTW, I don't think there is any issue about Rodgers' leadership on this team either. He can publicly say he hopes Ted can sign this player or that but if Ted goes in a different direction you can't say it is because of a lack of leadership by AR. :???:

woodbuck27
02-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Ted didn't always listen to Favre so I don't think he'll listen to Rodgers either. Ted is going to do what he thinks is in the best interest of the Franchise and not necessarily his MVP. Unless some other team offers Cobb a ridiculous contract I'm not worried about us letting Randall go.

BTW, I don't think there is any issue about Rodgers' leadership on this team either. He can publicly say he hopes Ted can sign this player or that but if Ted goes in a different direction you can't say it is because of a lack of leadership by AR. :???:

I accept your view (however gullible it may be. :???:) I'm not here to argue this point; rather to persuade otherwise.

I have to disagree and on the basis that ' it comes with the price of tea in china ' thingy. It comes with 'the tag Franchise QB'. The Franchise tag comes with responsibility to show leadership. To prove that your mind and constitution is strong. That your awareness is obvious. That your full on RE: the value of certain team members and winning.

Aaron Rodgers has his input and for TT to deny him that would be simply bull headedness. Ted Thompson isn't stupid is he? Look at Aaron Rodgers contract and the respect reflected there.

Ted Thompson wants to know what his Franchise QB thinks. Packer fans (Packer Nation) wants to know what Aaron Rodgers thinks. He's paid a ton of money for this part of his leadership responsibility.

To refocus on the crux of this:

I won't be as pissed at TT as Aaron Rodgers might be if Randall Cobb gets away. Part of getting that done has to do with respect for Randall Cobb and all he brings to the Packers offense, which is considerable.

Ted Thompson has to bust his ass to resign him and keep Aaron Rodgers and his teammates and MM and Packer Nation happy. Down the stretch this past season Randall Cobb was terrific for the offense. I don't undermine that contribution by looking at the likes of Greg Jennings and james jones leaving. Randall Cobb is a young 24 years of age. Other teams are licking their chops to acquire flat out one of the very best WR's in the NFL. It's a smoke screen to say he's simply a slot receiver. Randall Cobb can do it all. His value to the Packers is obvious.

He needs to be signed !

I'll add this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/15/fisher-says-sam-bradford-had-a-say-in-rams-staff-changes/

Fisher says Sam Bradford had a say in Rams’ staff changes

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2015, 7:03 AM EST

Final comment woodbuck27:

Packer Nation doesn't expect anything else in terms of communications between Green Bay Packer Franchise QB Aaron Rodgers and MM and the affected Packer coaching staff and Packer GM Ted Thompson.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !

texaspackerbacker
02-15-2015, 09:41 AM
OL getting a lot of love

Yeah, that is kinda strange.

I was tempted to put QB for 1. through 5.

Seriously, 1. QB (obviously) 2. OLB 3. Corner 4. WR 5. RB or S - a tie

pbmax
02-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Players Rodgers wanted back and didn't get:

1. Scott Wells
2. EDS
3. Charles Woodson
4. Greg Jennings
5. James Jones

Players Rodgers wanted back and did get:
1. Nelson
2. Sitton
3. Lang
4. James Jones

I would bank on Thompson handing out a second contract to a valued draft pick before I would bank on Rodgers recommendation.

Pugger
02-15-2015, 11:10 AM
I accept your view (however gullible it may be. :???:) I'm not here to argue this point; rather to persuade otherwise.

I have to disagree and on the basis that ' it comes with the price of tea in china ' thingy. It comes with 'the tag Franchise QB'. The Franchise tag comes with responsibility to show leadership. To prove that your mind and constitution is strong. That your awareness is obvious. That your full on RE: the value of certain team members and winning.

Aaron Rodgers has his input and for TT to deny him that would be simply bull headedness. Ted Thompson isn't stupid is he? Look at Aaron Rodgers contract and the respect reflected there.

Ted Thompson wants to know what his Franchise QB thinks. Packer fans (Packer Nation) wants to know what Aaron Rodgers thinks. He's paid a ton of money for this part of his leadership responsibility.

To refocus on the crux of this:

I won't be as pissed at TT as Aaron Rodgers might be if Randall Cobb gets away. Part of getting that done has to do with respect for Randall Cobb and all he brings to the Packers offense, which is considerable.

Ted Thompson has to bust his ass to resign him and keep Aaron Rodgers and his teammates and MM and Packer Nation happy. Down the stretch this past season Randall Cobb was terrific for the offense. I don't undermine that contribution by looking at the likes of Greg Jennings and james jones leaving. Randall Cobb is a young 24 years of age. Other teams are licking their chops to acquire flat out one of the very best WR's in the NFL. It's a smoke screen to say he's simply a slot receiver. Randall Cobb can do it all. His value to the Packers is obvious.

He needs to be signed !

I'll add this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/15/fisher-says-sam-bradford-had-a-say-in-rams-staff-changes/

Fisher says Sam Bradford had a say in Rams’ staff changes

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2015, 7:03 AM EST

Final comment woodbuck27:

Packer Nation doesn't expect anything else in terms of communications between Green Bay Packer Franchise QB Aaron Rodgers and MM and the affected Packer coaching staff and Packer GM Ted Thompson.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !

You actually think Ted will do what Rodgers wants even if signing Cobb puts us in cap hell? He'll listen to Aaron but Ted is gonna do what he feels is best for the franchise. I wouldn't think he wants the inmates running the asylum. I'll repeat: I'm pretty confident Ted will resign Cobb unless some team offers him a ridiculous contract.

Deputy Nutz
02-15-2015, 11:12 AM

Ted never listened to Favre, but Aaron is Teds Bottom boy so who knows what Aaron wants and what Aaron gets. Cobb is a legit WR in the Packers offense and if the Packers had a legit TE I could see the Packers playing hard ball with Cobb, but they don't and they don't have a Sure fire #2 receiving threat.