PDA

View Full Version : Henderson "way ahead of schedule"

BananaMan
08-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Packers.com:

Fullback William Henderson, who had arthroscopic surgery to clean up cartilage in his knee last week, is well on the road to recovery and could be ready for the season opener Sept. 10.

"He's off the charts," McCarthy said. "As far as rehab for his injury, he's way ahead of schedule. All indications look like he'll be ready for Chicago."

Henderson is thankful everything with the minor procedure went well, and that he's had no setbacks thus far.

"That's what our plan was, to go in there, find the problem and get out," he said. "I'm just happy that my determination and desire to get back out there is what it is, and that I'm still younger in body than people give me credit for."
---

Good to hear.

Packnut
08-30-2006, 09:15 PM
He's a warrior.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Speaking of packers.com, you guys should go listen to Brett's press conference. He seemed really ticked off, and even almost got in a arguement with one of the people asking him questions. Funny stuff.

Joemailman
08-30-2006, 09:31 PM
I would recommend that the next time Najeh gets hurt, thay assign Henderson as his physical therapist. That's assuming, of course, that there is a next time for Najeh. Final cuts are Saturday.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 09:34 AM
awesome news!!

CyclonePackFan
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Thank God. Don't know if anybody else saw, but Hendo was REALLY missed as a lead blocker on Monday. I saw Leach screw up about 10 running plays because he either missed or went for the wrong guy.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Thank God. Don't know if anybody else saw, but Hendo was REALLY missed as a lead blocker on Monday. I saw Leach screw up about 10 running plays because he either missed or went for the wrong guy.

That is one guy who I would like to see on Saturday's cut list (Leach)

RashanGary
08-31-2006, 11:15 AM
I could care less about William Henderson. He's a stopgap player at the least important positionon the football field. His value is lower than over half of the soon to be 53 man roster.

The guy barely deserves a roster spot let alone all the damn attn. he gets. Just like with Favre, people are attatched to Big Will over time. It's more about emotion than it is about reason.

My honest opinion is who the hell cares. The guy is old and one minor knee injury away from washed up. Who cares if he comes back. There are about 100 more things on my list of worries than William *35 year old fullback* Henderson's health.

On a personal level, sure. On a football level, who gives a shit.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 11:28 AM
I totally disagree.

IMO Will has always been the most underrated player on the team. The guy does what he is asked, plain and simple. He doesn't whine about his contract, doesn't whine about not carrying the ball more. etc. I will take 10 henderson's anyday

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Nice post, GB. I might add that he hasn't dropped a pass in years. He knows what needs to be done and makes it happen. His attitude is awesome and is a leader on a young team that sorely needs them. And by the way this was a minor knee injury and I don't see his career ending at the moment.

mission
08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
I could care less about William Henderson. He's a stopgap player at the least important positionon the football field. His value is lower than over half of the soon to be 53 man roster.

The guy barely deserves a roster spot let alone all the damn attn. he gets. Just like with Favre, people are attatched to Big Will over time. It's more about emotion than it is about reason.

My honest opinion is who the hell cares. The guy is old and one minor knee injury away from washed up. Who cares if he comes back. There are about 100 more things on my list of worries than William *35 year old fullback* Henderson's health.

On a personal level, sure. On a football level, who gives a shit.

im not so sure you're right.

listen, the guy does all the things that no one notices. he picks up blitzes, is still a better lead blocker than 60% of the FBs in the league and provides a much needed leader in the locker room. henderson is a class act who infects all those around him. just to have the example of a guy getting his knee scoped and busting his ass to get back on the field for week 1 is big enough... leadership is not something you can teach and, frankly, something the packers are in desperate need of.

Tony Oday
08-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Ask Ahman if he wants Will back. This guy CRUSHES LBs on lead blocks. He can catch out of the backfield. He is a stand up guy that will only be in the paper because of good deeds not beating a stripper or bitching that he is underpaid. He is a guy that is a role model to these kids on the team. Hendo would start on well over 75% of the teams in the NFL.