PDA

View Full Version : Schneider hints at outside-the-box approach to (Russell) Wilson contract

woodbuck27
02-10-2015, 05:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/10/schneider-hints-at-outside-the-box-approach-to-wilson-contract/

Schneider hints at outside-the-box approach to Wilson contract

Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2015, 3:43 PM EST

Smidgeon
02-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Can we just have a perma-link at the top of the site to PFT instead of an entire thread for every new semi-interesting post?

The thread bloat gets old sometimes when I realize I've already read it on PFT.

mraynrand
02-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Can we just have a perma-link at the top of the site to PFT instead of an entire thread for every new semi-interesting post?

Alternatively, instead of just linking to other sites, perhaps SOMEONE (wood buck) could discriminate and only post when they have some commentary that MIGHT make bringing the link here interesting.

red
02-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Alternatively, instead of just linking to other sites, perhaps SOMEONE (wood buck) could discriminate and only post when they have some commentary that MIGHT make bringing the link here interesting.

seconded

although, this time of year, woody and his cut and paste posts are about the only thing keeping this place going

red
02-10-2015, 06:34 PM
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/report-houston-family-let-bobbi-kristina-die-same-150521253.html

Guiness
02-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Ok, I'll bite, and change the direction of this thread by posting some insightful commentary :-)

Pretty sure this is weasel-speak for "he's not all that, he showed it for a lot of last season, and we're not paying him top dollar he is expecting just because the team made the SB 2 years in a row"

pbmax
02-10-2015, 07:41 PM
His contract will be sponsored by American Family.

HowardRoark
02-10-2015, 08:24 PM
So will JJ's

woodbuck27
02-11-2015, 08:05 AM

This forum is all about you!?

Since your on top of everything coming out of PFT.Com:

Do You want to post what you think is valid as interesting here Smidgeon? You handle it and then you won't be criticizing 'YOU'!

Not every member has the time to look at this stuff as much as I dedicate myself to. I try to get stuff on here to keep it interesting and /or stimulated. I spend countless hours endeavouring to be on top of it.

Getting to the heart of your issue and some suggestions.

If a thread topic bores you simply ignore it. Alternatively ...if your already on top of it won't your commentary be valued here?

I try to keep up with many football sites and post here 'only' what I at least imagine may make this place more interesting for the members.

woodbuck27
02-11-2015, 08:11 AM

Canvas the management for me to get a pay cut ! :-|

Look at my threads on this page mraynrand.

Count those that are without commentary. Your not going to find many without some form of commentary.

I'm going to fall short of any massive analysis and elaboration.

ThunderDan
02-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Count those that are without commentary. Your not going to find many without some form of commentary.

If we judged by replies and comments the only person who could start a thread would be Mobb because he started the Favre thread.

woodbuck27
02-11-2015, 08:56 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/10/schneider-hints-at-outside-the-box-approach-to-wilson-contract/

Schneider hints at outside-the-box approach to Wilson contract

Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2015, 3:43 PM EST

Commentary:

I'm interested in what Seattle GM John Schneider does with regards to Russell Wilson and more in terms of maintaining a healthy team CAP. From the title of this article it appears that Seattle GM John Schneider is 'going to be creative and Russell Wilson work with him', in terms of his remuneration. How this is going to be wrapped up is interesting and may be trend setting.

Many here at Packerrats have expressed that once the Seahawks have to pay their QB what's deemed by both sides as due, following his Rookie contract ($750 K$/Year); that will put a pinch on CAP money available to retain other key elements on this top contending team. As a result of all that... Seattle and Green Bay will be oper on a more equal playing field in terms related to total team operation.

Your likely aware that Seattle has made a richer offer to their star RB Marshawn Lynch (28 Yrs old) in an attempt to keep him in place beyond 2015 or possibly for the rest of his career.

The Seahawks have secured key pieces already (Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Max Unger, Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson Justin Britt) but other important pieces to complete their puzzle are a concern. ie ILB Bobby Wagoner and CB Byron Maxwell.

Here's a little more on this from the ESPN perspective ( specifically the Marshawn Lynch concerns and how Russell Wilson may desire to put team first in his contract negotiations ).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12306285/john-schneider-seattle-seahawks-talks-marshawn-lynch-russell-wilson

woodbuck27
02-11-2015, 08:57 AM
If we judged by replies and comments the only person who could start a thread would be Mobb because he started the Favre thread.

and your point is?

Can you offer anything constructive?

mraynrand
02-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Canvas the management for me to get a pay cut ! :-|

you're worth every penny they pay you! :twisted:

ThunderDan
02-11-2015, 10:20 AM

and your point is?

Can you offer anything constructive?

Wow, you are a piece of work. I am actually defending your side on starting threads and you post that response.

channtheman
02-11-2015, 10:42 AM
For what it's worth, I don't browse too many websites outside of this and ESPN for sports news, so I appreciate when an article is posted. I can just ignore it if I've already it seen it, and it's not like there are just hundreds of threads at any one time on packerrats.

MadScientist
02-11-2015, 11:39 AM
I think Wilson's idea of outside the box would be for Schneider to strap bags of cash outside the Brinks truck because the inside is already full.

Wilson should really do everything he can to get max $$, including holding out if necessary and skipping OTA's, and he should definitely not settle for a team-friendly contract.

woodbuck27
02-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Wow, you are a piece of work. I am actually defending your side on starting threads and you post that response.

I misinterpreted your post.

I apologize.

woodbuck27
02-11-2015, 11:52 AM
I think Wilson's idea of outside the box would be for Schneider to strap bags of cash outside the Brinks truck because the inside is already full.

Wilson should really do everything he can to get max $$, including holding out if necessary and skipping OTA's, and he should definitely not settle for a team-friendly contract.

The NFL would applaud your recommendation.

smuggler
02-11-2015, 12:28 PM
I agree with the amazing chann.

Smidgeon
02-11-2015, 01:41 PM
This forum is all about you!?

Since your on top of everything coming out of PFT.Com:

Do You want to post what you think is valid as interesting here Smidgeon? You handle it and then you won't be criticizing 'YOU'!

Not every member has the time to look at this stuff as much as I dedicate myself to. I try to get stuff on here to keep it interesting and /or stimulated. I spend countless hours endeavouring to be on top of it.

Getting to the heart of your issue and some suggestions.

If a thread topic bores you simply ignore it. Alternatively ...if your already on top of it won't your commentary be valued here?

I try to keep up with many football sites and post here 'only' what I at least imagine may make this place more interesting for the members.

Woody, if you didn't get so defensive whenever someone said something you disagreed with, these conversations would be more pleasant. I am allowed to prefer to not see a thread begun for almost every article on JSO or the semi-Packer-related ones from PFT (yes, I know Schneider used to work for the Packers and Wilson is a former Badger--though neither are currently Packers), and I am allowed to voice that opinion. I did not attack or criticize you, your perspective, or your apparent altruism. I just asked for a more efficient way of getting the news on this site. Defensively attacking me in your above quoted message was simply unnecessary, and I hope you are more civil in the future.

I come to this site for the perspectives of the members. I go to PFT for NFL news in general to cover the highlights of what's going on in the NFL. I hypothesize many people (though obviously not all) are like me in that regard. This is a Packers site after all. A forum to discuss Packers-emphasized and related news. There's a lot of Packers-specific commentary here that is outstanding.

I personally am glad when the "Official Non-Packers" threads are formed. Those help me differentiate between content I am personally interested in perusing (the Packers content) and the content I'm not interested in (non-Packers stuff such as the negotiations of a QB on another team).

Maybe we can have a running thread for topics such as these that aren't directly Packers related?

Guiness
02-11-2015, 05:31 PM

Ok, that's what I thought but then wasn't so sure

mraynrand
02-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Ok, that's what I thought but then wasn't so sure

sometimes ThunderDan is more lightning than thunder.

woodbuck27
02-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Woody, if you didn't get so defensive whenever someone said something you disagreed with, these conversations would be more pleasant. I am allowed to prefer to not see a thread begun for almost every article on JSO or the semi-Packer-related ones from PFT (yes, I know Schneider used to work for the Packers and Wilson is a former Badger--though neither are currently Packers), and I am allowed to voice that opinion. I did not attack or criticize you, your perspective, or your apparent altruism. I just asked for a more efficient way of getting the news on this site. Defensively attacking me in your above quoted message was simply unnecessary, and I hope you are more civil in the future.

I come to this site for the perspectives of the members. I go to PFT for NFL news in general to cover the highlights of what's going on in the NFL. I hypothesize many people (though obviously not all) are like me in that regard. This is a Packers site after all. A forum to discuss Packers-emphasized and related news. There's a lot of Packers-specific commentary here that is outstanding.

I personally am glad when the "Official Non-Packers" threads are formed. Those help me differentiate between content I am personally interested in perusing (the Packers content) and the content I'm not interested in (non-Packers stuff such as the negotiations of a QB on another team).

Maybe we can have a running thread for topics such as these that aren't directly Packers related?

In my re-post to you I offered you suggestions for you particular issue with this and any other thread I post. That wasn't an attack on you Smidgeon. Your obviously a discerning man...so why isn't that good enough for you to put into practise here? If a thread offends your interests ..... again .... simply ignore it.

I posted a commentary in Post #12 but this thread doesn't interest you so I'm assuming that you didn't read that. I'll elaborate on my decisions to post certain threads.

In many cases it's apparent to me that to slice and dice football information. Toss it in here or there somehow misses the point in matters that any conscientious Packer fan may be interested in. Thus it gets it's own thread.

If any of us had to think of how to please you or anyone else here that picks at this or that. How many members would feel comfortable at least trying to make a contribution?

To be specific and this thread topic:

Right now the Green Bay Packers main nemesis is the Seattle Seahawk Organization. I would think that Packer fans might be interested in the process of such negotiations with Russell Wilson as indeed many NFL fans etc. will be. Your way would bury that in some massive thread that contains a myriad of information much the same as is offered at PFT.Com.

HowardRoark
02-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Maybe we should just have a new room here and call it "Woodrow's 14,000 Points"

pbmax
02-11-2015, 09:47 PM

Just think about how much ad money Mobb would have collected on page views.

woodbuck27
02-12-2015, 06:03 AM

There's a lot more out there and Packers/NFL/football than PFT.Com and JSO.

I hope this makes you pleased. I placed the Ndamukong Suh watch in Joemailman's thread " Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread " as much as I would contend that watch would be better served in it's own thread.

Why!? :

I'm intrigued as to where Ndamukong Suh is going to end up in FA. Others here may be as well. ie The journey may be more beneficial than the destination!?

The worst case scenario and that as I see it is that he gets his wish and signs with Seattle. Talk and demonstration of one of the best defenses in the history of football suddenly turns to:

Seattle Seahawks have THE VERY BEST 'D' in the history of the NFL.

Not neglecting to realize just exactly why Seattle should take the risk and go all in to sign this very special talent that has a reported strong desire to be a Seahawk.

denverYooper
02-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Maybe we should just have a new room here and call it "Woodrow's 14,000 Points"

1.) No more PM agreements
2.) Free navigation of all threads.
3.) An end to paywalls at major media outlets.
4.) Posters to reduce snarkbombs
5.) All decisions regarding posters should be impartial.

and so on...

HowardRoark
02-12-2015, 08:42 AM

Buddy's guys cover it down to the bone,
That's why they call us the 46 zone.
Come on everybody let's scream and yell,
We're goin' to do the Shuffle,
Then ring your bell.

BZnDallas
02-12-2015, 03:40 PM
I don't have a problem with Woody or anybody else posting articles about other teams on Packerrats. I know its been discussion before, but I never voiced my opinion before. HAHA. Indirectly it all effects the Packers. If someone reads "Schneider hints at....Willson...." as a thread title and can't tell its not about the Packers. They need to read it anyway (and again if necessary), so next time they know who is and isn't on the Packers. (sorry Smig, it sounds like a shot at you, but its not intended that way). If you're not interested in reading about other teams, then don't enter the thread. I also like to come here to get reaction on Packer news and other NFL related news. Not interested in NBA or MLB here, just my good ole NFL. Whats wrong with that?

KEEP POSTING WOODY! even if I do have a hard time following you on occasion. I love the spirit and know you spend time on it, for that, THANK YOU!

woodbuck27
02-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the support. :-)

Rastak
02-14-2015, 11:10 PM

Ah bullshit. I saw some late 70's Steelers defenses as well as early 70's Viking defenses I'd take over them.

woodbuck27
02-15-2015, 06:58 AM
Ah bullshit. I saw some late 70's Steelers defenses as well as early 70's Viking defenses I'd take over them.

Please don't take that out of it's ** proper context **.

Ndamukong Suh is an UFA and even if he was to sign with Seattle !? There would have to be lots proven before the current Seahawks 'D' plus Ndamukong Suh might even be in any discussion and BEST' D' All Time.

** Here's what I posted:

" The worst case scenario and that as I see it is that he gets his wish and signs with Seattle. Talk and demonstration of one of the best defenses in the history of football suddenly turns to:

Seattle Seahawks have THE VERY BEST 'D' in the history of the NFL. "

mraynrand
02-15-2015, 04:10 PM

yup, but some refs probably didn't agree. If the Vikings get an interception against the Steelers, you can count on the refs giving Pittsburgh the benefit of the doubt!

HowardRoark
02-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Please don't take that out of it's ** proper context **.

Ndamukong Suh is an UFA and even if he was to sign with Seattle !? There would have to be lots proven before the current Seahawks 'D' plus Ndamukong Suh might even be in any discussion and BEST' D' All Time.

** Here's what I posted:

" The worst case scenario and that as I see it is that he gets his wish and signs with Seattle. Talk and demonstration of one of the best defenses in the history of football suddenly turns to:

Seattle Seahawks have THE VERY BEST 'D' in the history of the NFL. "

Here's what you posted.....

The worst case scenario and that as I see it is that he gets his wish and signs with Seattle. Talk and demonstration of one of the best defenses in the history of football suddenly turns to: