https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_ddjK4XEAADq8B.jpg:medium

woodbuck27
03-11-2015, 08:42 AM
FUUUUCK

saints just traded him to the seahawks.

no joke

per nfl network

Seattle is 'going all in' in 2015.

Maybe the ticket for 1-2 seasons but suddenly the Packers should catch up ((Salary CAP issues in Seattle) if the DRAFT is handled very well by TT.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/10/8150357/nfl-free-agent-signings-tracker-2015-rumors

Every NFL free agent signing this offseason

By: SB Nation NFL News on Mar 11, 2015, 7:33 AM

This is the latest on the Free Agency signings so far. I hope it's pretty much up to date.

GO PACK GO !

The teams that the Packers will watch...Seattle...and in the AFC......'oc course New England and the team making bigger moves for the short term focus..Indy. If they get Andre Johnson they should make another step after signing Gore and Colin Cole.

NO seems to be tanking. Philly has gone Weird City...if it wasn't already that.

Denver has declined losing a solid TE...or wait..did they?

ThunderDan
03-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Thought this was interesting:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_ddjK4XEAADq8B.jpg:medium

But state taxes are deductible on your federal return so reduce those actual rates by 33-40% to find the real income tax affect.

But you also need to add in sales taxes and other local taxes. FL has a high sales tax rates at around 6.6%.

Pugger
03-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Either I'm confused, or you are. Maybe we both are! :lol: :grin:

I've always really liked Bulaga.....when he is on the field. I have, however, pointed out that you need a good backup for him, because I believe he has missed at least one start, and usually more every season so far. Somewhere in the last few pages you can find that I listed Bulaga as my #1 priority to re-sign, ahead of Cobb, because TT seems to be able to find WRs much more easily than OL. I had the same concerns about Wells, because he was always dinged up even when he was playing. Even so, he was a high priority for me because they had nothing behind him.

Atlas Herron - I was trying to read the tea leaves when they opted to keep him in GB for off season work rather than send him to NFL-E.

Sherry, as you call him (God help me, I can't remember his name either!) I disliked from the get-go. I thought he was just as awful when he broke his leg as he was in preseason. I have always contrasted Bulaga and him. Both were tried first at guard. Bulaga did well with it, Sherry was awful. Both went to RT with little or no prep. Bulaga ran with it; Sherry was awful.

The rest I think I ran hot and cold with, just as their careers ascended and declined.

Sherrod? :lol:

denverYooper
03-11-2015, 09:05 AM
But state taxes are deductible on your federal return so reduce those actual rates by 33-40% to find the real income tax affect.

But you also need to add in sales taxes and other local taxes. FL has a high sales tax rates at around 6.6%.

Good points TD.

denverYooper
03-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Randy Starks was cut by the Dolphins. Sounds like he's got a lot left in the tank, they just replaced him with Suh.

Bobble really wanted the Pack to bring him in a year or 2 ago.

pbmax
03-11-2015, 09:11 AM

Knew a guy who lived in SC a long time ago. When he bought a car, he couldn't just pay the taxes on the sales amount plus $40 (WI charge at the time) to register it. It was sales tax plus $800 dollars to register it for a new car. No idea how it worked or used cars.

MadScientist
03-11-2015, 10:41 AM
The other thing is that many states have gone to taxing visiting players, so the difference in tax is only about half the actual state difference.

Fosco33
03-11-2015, 12:03 PM

True and false. Yes for people making "normal" money. But when you hit AMT level (as all pro athletes likely do) - those deductions often don't exist.

Sales/Property taxes are much higher in states without income tax - but these guys aren't buying 10M homes (yearly) to account for the difference.

Fosco33
03-11-2015, 12:04 PM
The other thing is that many states have gone to taxing visiting players, so the difference in tax is only about half the actual state difference.

As someone who works in many, many states per year - the home state do credit back taxes to other states. And most companies will gross you up to pay the difference in states without income tax (possibly doubtful for NFL contracts).

ThunderDan
03-11-2015, 12:19 PM
True and false. Yes for people making "normal" money. But when you hit AMT level (as all pro athletes likely do) - those deductions often don't exist.

Sales/Property taxes are much higher in states without income tax - but these guys aren't buying 10M homes (yearly) to account for the difference.

Sorry, but you are mistaken on the AMT. The majority of athletes earning W-2 wages would not be in the AMT unless they have other sources of income from very specific sources. The AMT top tax rate is 28% and the top athlete's are paying 39.6%. The regular tax is much higher than the AMT amount.

The sad part of the AMT is it hits the people making 200K-500k which is not the original intent of the law.

Fosco33
03-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Sorry, but you are mistaken on the AMT. The majority of athletes earning W-2 wages would not be in the AMT unless they have other sources of income from very specific sources. The AMT top tax rate is 28% and the top athlete's are paying 39.6%. The regular tax is much higher than the AMT amount.

The sad part of the AMT is it hits the people making 200K-500k which is not the original intent of the law.

Fair point. Lets just agree the IRS sucks. For the highest paid NFL athletes looking to sign on day one of FA, I'd guess state income tax is a question.

Fritz
03-11-2015, 01:00 PM
There's been a flurry of activity out there. But I haven't heard anything about Raji. I'm hoping the Packers will re-sign him; I think he'll play well this year. Maybe not 2010 well, but if you could put Guion and Raji in a role of alternating at the nose and continue to develop Pennel, you might have something.

Patler
03-11-2015, 01:23 PM

Aren't professional athletes considered independent contractors with 1099 income as opposed to W-2 wages? Does AMT apply to 1099 income? Probably doesn't matter anyway, because after going through the test they likely will have paid enough anyway. As you said, those who fail the AMT test and have to pay extra are usually the moderately well paid more than the highly paid.

MadScientist
03-11-2015, 01:53 PM
As someone who works in many, many states per year - the home state do credit back taxes to other states. And most companies will gross you up to pay the difference in states without income tax (possibly doubtful for NFL contracts).

Right, that's why I said the difference would be about half the state to state difference. Half the games are at home, so they pay that state's tax, half are on the road, so they pay that state's tax. Road games in states with no tax would presumably default to the home state's tax. No way does the NFL adjust contracts to account for this.

hoosier
03-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Why is NO interested in Tramon Williams if they are now in the throes of an NBA-style fire sale? Doesn't make much sense.

Fosco33
03-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Just saw that Bears are moving ahead with Jay Cutler as the starting QB... ha

ThunderDan
03-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Fair point. Lets just agree the IRS sucks. For the highest paid NFL athletes looking to sign on day one of FA, I'd guess state income tax is a question.

Let's just say that the IRS allows us to have an army and roads and a whole host of other necessary and unnecessary services.

Patler
03-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Why is NO interested in Tramon Williams if they are now in the throes of an NBA-style fire sale? Doesn't make much sense.

Moderately priced, decent skills, easy to get rid of in 2 or 3 years good locker room presence as an example of hard work paying off in a long career. Fits in nicely for a roster makeover.

pbmax
03-11-2015, 03:09 PM
NO is also signing another big batch of FAs. They are hosting Browner after Tramon.

ThunderDan
03-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Let's just say that the IRS allows us to have an army and roads and a whole host of other necessary and unnecessary services.

Take this to FYI if you want to continue!

Fosco33
03-11-2015, 03:28 PM

Ahhh... we can have those services without a completely burdensome collection agency (granted - that is just followed flawed policy). But the IRS seems to be married too closely to politics and has moved away from it's true purpose. Allowing loopholes and not taxing the wealthy while killing the middle/upper middle class...

pbmax
03-11-2015, 03:44 PM
C'mon boys, keep it Packers talk.

Joemailman
03-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Just saw that Bears are moving ahead with Jay Cutler as the starting QB... ha

Which means they're not moving ahead at all.

pbmax
03-11-2015, 07:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_2IHXQUIAA-qwj.jpg:large

pbmax
03-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Tampa is still rebuilding their D. Let Michael Johnson go and now are supposed to be parting ways with Dashon Goldson.

To replace him, they are signing a Bears safety, which can't be a good sign (Conte).

Patler
03-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Patriots signed former Packer draft pick Kevin Dorsey.

Patler
03-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Another linebacker option is gone.
Raiders signed Curtis Lofton.

Joemailman
03-11-2015, 07:28 PM
OLB Jason Worilds retiring after 5 seasons with the Steelers.

Patler
03-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Contract details for a few players:

A.J. Hawk - two years, $3.25 million, $500,000 guaranteed.

Brad Jones - two years, $2.85 million, $500,000 guaranteed.

Marshall Newhouse - 2 years, $3 million, $1 million guaranteed.

mraynrand
03-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Another linebacker option is gone.
Raiders signed Curtis Lofton.

thank god

Bossman641
03-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Tampa is still rebuilding their D. Let Michael Johnson go and now are supposed to be parting ways with Dashon Goldson.

To replace him, they are signing a Bears safety, which can't be a good sign (Conte).

Didn't TB just sign both of them last offseason? Or was it 2 offseasons ago?

Rastak
03-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Non Packer related but I am thinking if Demarco Murray signs with the screwball Eagles then Minny deals Peterson to Dallas for more than a token pick......otherwise he honors his contract or retires....I don't see anyone else bidding him up.

Carolina_Packer
03-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Dashon Goldson possibly out in Tampa http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/11/report-buccaneers-set-to-cut-dashon-goldson-if-they-can-sign-chris-conte/ For Chris Can't He? That would be a downgrade. I think Goldson would find another home quickly.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 10:51 AM
At that price, the Pack could afford him. Is he worth it?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
Meanwhile, #Saints made a major push to sign CB Brandon Browner yesterday, offering him more than $5M per year. Could help that locker room

Bossman641
03-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Does this mean the Saints are giving up on TWill? Browner gets an awful lot of penalties.

Guiness
03-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Does this mean the Saints are giving up on TWill? Browner gets an awful lot of penalties.

If the emphasis on penalizing defensive holding on CBs continues, he shouldn't really have a job at all. Hats off to the guy though, he hit it perfect getting himself two SB rings in 2 years, with different teams, all after spending some time in the CFL!

Guiness
03-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Didn't TB just sign both of them last offseason? Or was it 2 offseasons ago?

Johnson was only with them one year I believe. Don't know why they're getting rid of him, doesn't look like he played that badly, and he a fair amount of time left on his contract. It was a big one, but not like they have a replacement, or need the cap room.

smuggler
03-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Tampa is paying him $7m this season just to cut him. None of the rest of his contract is guaranteed. It would only have cost them $2m more to keep him. He doesn't have to go through waivers, but if he did, he would absolutely get picked up.

2015 - $2million base salary ($3million more paid by TB)
2016 - $7.75m base $500k roster bonus
2017 - $8.25m base $500k roster bonus
2018 - $8.25m base $500k roster bonus

In short, Tampa bay is fucking stupid to cut him.

**It might be possible for Tampa to save that $3m base this year if he signs with another team. It depends on the verbage in his contract with TB.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Non Packer related but I am thinking if Demarco Murray signs with the screwball Eagles then Minny deals Peterson to Dallas for more than a token pick......otherwise he honors his contract or retires....I don't see anyone else bidding him up.

That is what I am thinking. But Dallas and Minny have to come to trade terms and Dallas has some outs like CJ Spiller. If there is a team that will hand over picks for a vet RB, its Dallas. But their cap might be an issue too. If it is, Peterson holds all the cards.

Or not.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
From the #Cowboys perspective, they believe they lost DeMarco Murray. How will they replace him? The draft. Good one for it

Or they are bluffing.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Browner signs with Saints. 3 years around $18 mil. So says Ian Rapaport via PFT.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 7m7 minutes ago
Ex-#Packers CB Davon House cashed in with #Jaguars: 4 years, $24.5M. Gets $6.5M in 2015, plus $3.5M fully gtd portion of $6M salary in '16.

Details for Bears Royal Deal

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 7m7 minutes ago
That is stunning RT @TomPelissero: Eddie Royal's contract with #Bears is 3 years, $15M with $10M fully gtd for practical purposes

pbmax
03-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2h2 hours ago
From @MikeTriplett: #Packers CB Tramon Williams still in play with Saints, but left NOLA without a deal.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/13845/saints-still-in-play-for-cb-tramon-williams-but-he-left-without-contract …

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-12-2015, 03:49 PM
I think Tramon is sorta stuck right now. I think he clearly wants more than the packers are offering, but he's not getting substantially more somewhere else. So he's debating in his mind whether to take a little less money and stay with the packers or accept a little more from a team in flux. Also, he's probably debating whether or not to sign now and take the 4-5 mpy he's being offered or hold out hope some other team comes a long with a much better offer.

Business wise I'd take the packers offer. Seeing how loyal teams like the saints and bucs are to their players for instance, might make the packers offer more attractive. Even with a little less money, at least he knows if he signs the 2 year 8 mil deal the packers have offered, he'd probably won't get cut after one year. Can you say the same about the Saints?

red
03-12-2015, 04:22 PM
ok, you can add me to the "chip kelly is fucking nuts" crowd

either he's about to revolutionize everything we know about how to run a football team, or he's gonna crash and burn in spectacular fashion

Pugger
03-12-2015, 06:01 PM
ok, you can add me to the "chip kelly is fucking nuts" crowd

either he's about to revolutionize everything we know about how to run a football team, or he's gonna crash and burn in spectacular fashion

He's trying to make his team the Philadelphia Ducks.

Rastak
03-12-2015, 06:04 PM
How about the Jets secondary upgrade. Yikes.

Bretsky
03-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Did D Murray AND Ryan Matthews head to the Eagles ? Why both ??

pbmax
03-12-2015, 06:19 PM

Chip has a run first offense, but what are they going to do with Sproles?

red
03-12-2015, 06:35 PM
How about the Jets secondary upgrade. Yikes.
yeah, but they have nothing else on the team, do they?

red
03-12-2015, 06:36 PM

yup

and he tried to get gore too

red
03-12-2015, 06:42 PM
trent richardson has been cut by the colts

no surprise here

the two time bust was basically benched during the playoffs for being a giant worthless douche

Rastak
03-12-2015, 06:42 PM
yup

and he tried to get gore too

I wonder if Matthews was a second choice. NFL radio was saying he wanted to stud running backs to keep them fresh.

Rastak
03-12-2015, 06:43 PM
yeah, but they have nothing else on the team, do they?

They do, but the one thing they don't have is a QB.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
#Panthers are signing CB Teddy Williams to a 2-year deal worth up to $2.3M. $900K in year 1. Never played college football, 1 NFL snap on D.

And Terrence Knighton just signed a one year, $4 mil deal with Washington. We are into Phase 2 of Free Agency.

Tramontana is still available. Wilde reports (or retweets) that there is still mutual interest.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Chip Kelly said yesterday that he has received a #1 pick offer for Sam Bradford.

Today he said they targeted 2 of the 3 big ticket RBs (Gore, Murray, Matthews) but though Murray would be out of their price range.

Murray today said the dance was initiated when Chip called him yesterday.

Chip also has a girlfriend in Canada.

Rastak
03-12-2015, 06:50 PM
PB, I'm obviously trying to figure out what happens to Peterson at this point. I just gotta think the trade market isn't enough to move him. If I was running the team and they are lucky I am not I would take a second and nothing less unless other assets were included. Therefore I think I'd just keep him.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 06:56 PM
PB, I'm obviously trying to figure out what happens to Peterson at this point. I just gotta think the trade market isn't enough to move him. If I was running the team and they are lucky I am not I would take a second and nothing less unless other assets were included. Therefore I think I'd just keep him.

I don't know the dynamics as well as you might. But the press seems to think he is miffed at them not fighting for hm with the NFL. I am sure he is miffed that by taking the hit and pleading no contest, instead of shortening the suspension, it lengthened it and left him less avenues for appeal. I am sure he figures the team could have been more help.

So he might not be of a mind to help. And the team could try to jam a better deal out of his desire to leave. But he seems likely to collect his check this year, so there would also seem to be a limit to how long they can wait.

The big question is whether they actually want him back. If they truly do, then he probably can be persuaded with some smooth talking and commissioner bashing.

Rastak
03-12-2015, 07:00 PM
I don't know the dynamics as well as you might. But the press seems to think he is miffed at them not fighting for hm with the NFL. I am sure he is miffed that by taking the hit and pleading no contest, instead of shortening the suspension, it lengthened it and left him less avenues for appeal. I am sure he figures the team could have been more help.

So he might not be of a mind to help. And the team could try to jam a better deal out of his desire to leave. But he seems likely to collect his check this year, so there would also seem to be a limit to how long they can wait.

The big question is whether they actually want him back. If they truly do, then he probably can be persuaded with some smooth talking and commissioner bashing.

He's pissed at that and that the governor of the state ripped him and the local paper ran an investigative report on his charity. Plus tweets by various Viking fans calling him out for what he did.

I think he's a little delusional but as a human I can see where he may not feel welcome.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Johnson was only with them one year I believe. Don't know why they're getting rid of him, doesn't look like he played that badly, and he a fair amount of time left on his contract. It was a big one, but not like they have a replacement, or need the cap room.

Was he only there one year? I thought it was two. Also, dude had 11.5 sacks in his contact year and averaged less than 4 sacks year his other 5 years. When they say beware of guys playing for a contract, this is what they are talking about.

Joemailman
03-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2h2 hours ago
From @MikeTriplett: #Packers CB Tramon Williams still in play with Saints, but left NOLA without a deal.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/13845/saints-still-in-play-for-cb-tramon-williams-but-he-left-without-contract …

Saints have agreed to terms with Brandon Browner. Are they still interested in TWill?

Rastak
03-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Cardinals just restructured Carson Palmer's contract to free up a cool 7 mil......for what though?

pbmax
03-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Cardinals just restructured Carson Palmer's contract to free up a cool 7 mil......for what though?

A good backup QB.

Rastak
03-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Was he only there one year? I thought it was two. Also, dude had 11.5 sacks in his contact year and averaged less than 4 sacks year his other 5 years. When they say beware of guys playing for a contract, this is what they are talking about.

One year Harv, he wanted to be close to home so he decided to make the money and play for DC Les Frazier.....it didn't work out.

Rastak
03-12-2015, 07:10 PM
A good backup QB.

None left.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 07:10 PM

He was in Tampa one year. But his 11.5 sack season came in 2012, not the contract year.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 07:11 PM
None left.

Matt Moore.

Rastak
03-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Matt Moore.

Adequate I guess.

pittstang5
03-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Chip Kelly said yesterday that he has received a #1 pick offer for Sam Bradford.

And I've got some beach front property in Arizona to sell too.

I saw and heard the interview. I don't believe that for one second.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2015, 09:21 PM
He was in Tampa one year. But his 11.5 sack season came in 2012, not the contract year.

Yeah, looking it up now, I was all wrong. Posted from my phone off memory earlier. He had 11.5 sacks in 2012, but it wasn't his contract year. He had 3 sacks, 2.5 sacks, 6 sacks, 3.5 sacks, and 4 sacks (so, that's just under 5 sacks/year--not under 4 sacks/year) in his other 5 years. At least, he's durable. He's only missed 3 games in 6 years.

mraynrand
03-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Cleveland sports talk is crying over NE signing Jabaal Sheard. Says Cleveland didn't using him properly; Cheat will get 9+ sacks out of him because Bill will let him rush passer, not drop in coverage. Too bad Packers didn't sign him, Capers could have totally miscast him as well.

Guiness
03-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Look for the Eagles to crash and burn this year - history has shown so many times that you can't add that many 'key' free agents in a year and have a team that works. Denver under McDaniels was the most extreme case, but Washington does it every other year, and Philadelphia themselves famously tried it with their dream team. Is Kelly really so egotistical that he thinks he can be the guy who pulls it all together? :eyes: :roll:

After his first season in the NFL, I thought he might really have something, but last year it didn't work out so well. Now I think he's panicky and reaching, and he's not long for the league.

pbmax
03-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Cleveland sports talk is crying over NE signing Jabaal Sheard. Says Cleveland didn't using him properly; Cheat will get 9+ sacks out of him because Bill will let him rush passer, not drop in coverage. Too bad Packers didn't sign him, Capers could have totally miscast him as well.

I read it was a 3-4, 4-3 issue. Where he should have been Kampman and not Matthews. Fair?

smuggler
03-12-2015, 10:54 PM
I'd be interested to see the totals for Johnson's pass rushing snaps and total pressures alongside those sack totals...

as for Richardson I suspect there's a chance he might be joining Lacy in Green Bay and the reason for that is he's only been in the league for three seasons he's still a talented player despite the lack of production he doesn't factor into the compensatory picks formula due to the fact that he was cut and reuniting with his former college friend might help him to get his head right and save his career all in all it's a pretty low risk proposition for Green Bay and it might pay off in a talented 3rd down back on the cheap.

KYPack
03-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Yeah, looking it up now, I was all wrong. Posted from my phone off memory earlier. He had 11.5 sacks in 2012, but it wasn't his contract year. He had 3 sacks, 2.5 sacks, 6 sacks, 3.5 sacks, and 4 sacks (so, that's just under 5 sacks/year--not under 4 sacks/year) in his other 5 years. At least, he's durable. He's only missed 3 games in 6 years.
He's strictly a 4-3 DE Harv.

His big sack year was in part due to the emergence of Geno Atkins.

A 4-3 team might sign him, he is one of the last PR's still on the market.

vince
03-12-2015, 11:41 PM
So much happening I can't keep up. Jerry is the anti-Jones now. Don't know if he'll draft right but I'd say drafting a running back is his best move. Why pay some older back way too much money when he can draft one who can run behind that line and probably excel quickly for a fraction of the price. Unjerrylike. Old Jerry woulda drafted drinky Johnny Manziel instead of the Pro Bowl guard last year. Now he'll probably draft Gordon and he'll run roughshod over the league in Dallas.

Old Jerry would throw a first round pick at Peterson. New Jerry ain't touchin' that. I can't imagine a person handling a bad situation any worse than Peterson has. Defiant in the face of child abuse is a tough route to take as a public celebrity. He wants to take a tough stance against people who denounce those actions and he's gonna get what he's got. The Vikings are willing to take him back and help him move past his actions and he wants to refuse that chance by taking a hardline stance and saying he'll never play for them again because the spoke out and said they didn't like what he did?

Maybe Jerry will lose his mind and pick him up yet. I'd rather see that then him coming back to the Vikings. No chance he retires and leaves this as his legacy is there?

Pugger
03-13-2015, 12:07 AM
It would be nice to see Peterson out of the NFC.

Cheesehead Craig
03-13-2015, 07:57 AM
AP will be a Cowboy, at least IMO. There's too much public interest on both sides for it not to happen.

Pugger
03-13-2015, 08:06 AM
AP will be a Cowboy, at least IMO. There's too much public interest on both sides for it not to happen.

If Jerry didn't want or couldn't pay Murray how can he afford Peterson?

Smidgeon
03-13-2015, 11:15 AM
If Jerry didn't want or couldn't pay Murray how can he afford Peterson?

Because the new working theory is that Jerry isn't calling the shots anymore.

mraynrand
03-13-2015, 11:50 AM
I read it was a 3-4, 4-3 issue. Where he should have been Kampman and not Matthews. Fair?

yep. Fish out of water in coverage. The weird thing is that Pettine was saying early in camp that he was really excited about Sheard and thought he would be a huge impact player. And then they used him totally wrong. And then they didn't use him at all. So it will be interesting to see if he just flamed out, or was miscast. You'll know pretty quick with Cheat which is true.

mraynrand
03-13-2015, 11:53 AM
So much happening I can't keep up. Jerry is the anti-Jones now. Don't know if he'll draft right but I'd say drafting a running back is his best move. Why pay some older back way too much money when he can draft one who can run behind that line and probably excel quickly for a fraction of the price. Unjerrylike. Old Jerry woulda drafted drinky Johnny Manziel instead of the Pro Bowl guard last year. Now he'll probably draft Gordon and he'll run roughshod over the league in Dallas.

Thanks for scaring the hell out of me. Gordon in Dallas would make them very good. But won't they have to move up to get him? Should be gone by Philly's pick (#20) at least, no???

mraynrand
03-13-2015, 11:57 AM
I'd be interested to see the totals for Johnson's pass rushing snaps and total pressures alongside those sack totals...

as for Richardson I suspect there's a chance he might be joining Lacy in Green Bay and the reason for that is he's only been in the league for three seasons he's still a talented player despite the lack of production he doesn't factor into the compensatory picks formula due to the fact that he was cut and reuniting with his former college friend might help him to get his head right and save his career all in all it's a pretty low risk proposition for Green Bay and it might pay off in a talented 3rd down back on the cheap.

Here's a few of punctuation marks, feel free to use them: ...... ,,,,, ;;; :wink:

but I find your point interesting. From year one to year two in Cleveland, it looked like Richardson lost his vision. Absolutely could not find gaps. Hesitant. Wha happened?

Guiness
03-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Here's a few of punctuation marks, feel free to use them: ...... ,,,,, ;;; :wink:

but I find your point interesting. From year one to year two in Cleveland, it looked like Richardson lost his vision. Absolutely could not find gaps. Hesitant. Wha happened?

Only role I see him having with the Pack would've been if they hadn't re-signed Kuhn and TR converted to FB. Pretty sure he's faster than Kuhn, but I'm not sure, really.

Guiness
03-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Fairley gets $5M base from the Rams. Didn't think he'd get anywhere near that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/nick-fairley-signs-with-rams/

mraynrand
03-13-2015, 12:25 PM
Thanks for scaring the hell out of me. Gordon in Dallas would make them very good. But won't they have to move up to get him? Should be gone by Philly's pick (#20) at least, no???

nm about Philly....

call_me_ishmael
03-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Take it to the bank. All day Adrian has 1600+ yards this year. I wouldn't be shocked by 2000. This is with 9 men in the box play after play.

He will be a man possessed. I hope like hell he is not anywhere near Dallas because I don't want to face that bad man in the playoffs. He will run over every single one of our defenders.

Bossman641
03-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Fairley gets $5M base from the Rams. Didn't think he'd get anywhere near that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/nick-fairley-signs-with-rams/

The Rams have an absolutely terrifying DL

mraynrand
03-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Take it to the bank. All day Adrian has 1600+ yards this year. I wouldn't be shocked by 2000. This is with 9 men in the box play after play.

He will be a man possessed. I hope like hell he is not anywhere near Dallas because I don't want to face that bad man in the playoffs. He will run over every single one of our defenders.

I think he will whip a lot of teams, and beat defenders to a bloody pulp. It will be like a man amongst small, helpless children.

smuggler
03-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Jesus Christ that Rams defensive line....

Guiness
03-13-2015, 02:29 PM
I think he will whip a lot of teams, and beat defenders to a bloody pulp. It will be like a man amongst small, helpless children.

Or...he'll play like a 29yr old RB with 2K carries under his belt with a year of rust on him.

Patler
03-13-2015, 02:36 PM
OK, I'll be the contrarian. Adrain Perterson will not be the big, bad back he has been

30+ years old - potential cliff #1
3000+ touches in college and nfl - potential cliff #2
3600 touches HS, college and nfl - potential cliff #3
It will have been 20 months since he had regular play, 3 games 39 carries 133 yards in three games since.

I suspect he will still be productive, but not the scary back he has been.

Patler
03-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Or...he'll play like a 29yr old RB with 2K carries under his belt with a year of rust on him.

You beat me to it!

red
03-13-2015, 05:06 PM
fairley signs a one year deal with rams for 5 million

terrence knighton signs with redskins 1 year 4 million

knighton and fairley > raji

raji< 4 million a year

Cheesehead Craig
03-13-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm retracting my thoughts on AP being in Dallas. If they weren't going to give Murray close to the 8M/yr that Philly gave, they are not going near that number for an older back in AP. AP likely will cost at least that much in a restructure after a trade if not more. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas moves up to get a RB in the draft and they won't have to move much to get one either.

Rastak
03-13-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm retracting my thoughts on AP being in Dallas. If they weren't going to give Murray close to the 8M/yr that Philly gave, they are not going near that number for an older back in AP. AP likely will cost at least that much in a restructure after a trade if not more. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas moves up to get a RB in the draft and they won't have to move much to get one either.

Agreed. Seems unlikely now. Actually any AP move seems unlikely now.

pbmax
03-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Agreed. Seems unlikely now. Actually any AP move seems unlikely now.

Except I don't think the Vikings want the contract either. So it might behoove all parties to restructure and agree to a trade if its possible to reduce the damage to the Viking's cap and AP's pocketbook.

Rastak
03-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Except I don't think the Vikings want the contract either. So it might behoove all parties to restructure and agree to a trade if its possible to reduce the damage to the Viking's cap and AP's pocketbook.

The contract is really easy to absorb. After Wallace and assuming no restructure they have 11M free with him. I think it's a matter of having a pissed off dude on the team which Zimmer doesn't want. Hence kissing his ass left and right even though he was the cause of everything.

mraynrand
03-14-2015, 08:40 AM
You beat me to it!

Hey, that's what I said to AP!

Fritz
03-14-2015, 11:18 AM
You beat me!

And that's what AP's kid said to him!

pbmax
03-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 19m19 minutes ago
And Vikings announced they have released WR Greg Jennings.

If only Aaron knew what was good for him and didn't avoid throwing to Greg Jennings. Any other QB would have fed him the rock. SMH!

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 24m24 minutes ago
Greg Jennings signed two years ago this week with the Vikings for a five-year $45M deal. Turned into a two-year $18M deal.

Would have been similar money to stay.

red
03-14-2015, 02:09 PM
and he'd still be making big money if he stayed

he will not get that type of money again IMO

we'll now see how much damage it does to a WR's value going from a HOF QB, to junk

Guiness
03-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the Vikings are making a mistake in releasing GJ? They had 3 different QBs last year, none of their WRs put up good numbers. Jennings actually led the team in catches, receiving yards and receiving TDs!

Guiness
03-14-2015, 02:30 PM
That Suh contract seems just nuts to me. Turns out he has rolling guarantees through 2020. From PFT

The $60 million ($59.955 million) applies to 2015, 2016, and 2017. Starting in 2018, Suh’s base salaries become fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster on the fifth day of each league year. On the fifth day of the 2018 league year, $16.985 million becomes fully guaranteed. On the fifth day of the 2019 league year, $18.985 million becomes fully guaranteed. On the fifth day of the 2020 league year, $18.36 million becomes fully guaranteed.

SkinBasket
03-14-2015, 03:05 PM
OK, I'll be the contrarian. Adrain Perterson will not be the big, bad back he has been

It will have been 20 months since he had regular play, 3 games 39 carries 133 yards in three games since.

Yup. I don't know why some people think being out of football and getting older is going to grant him super human abilities. He's still just an athletic fetal alcohol baby. Except he's older and softer. Except his hands, which have been hardened with the blood of children.

LP
03-14-2015, 04:13 PM
Perhaps the Vikings released Jennings to make room for Jared Boykin.

pbmax
03-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53m53 minutes ago
RT @GoesslingESPN: League source says #Vikings asked Jennings to restructure, but sides couldn't reach an agreement.

He's consistent. Betting on getting better money elsewhere.

Rastak
03-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Yup. I don't know why some people think being out of football and getting older is going to grant him super human abilities. He's still just an athletic fetal alcohol baby. Except he's older and softer. Except his hands, which have been hardened with the blood of children.

He already had the superhuman abilities. It appears they were granted some time ago. Who comes off an ACL and damn near eclipses the all time best season? He was shit in first couple games that season....anyway, I agree, the factors are what they are and I wouldn't predict any all time great seasons but this guy has shown the normal rules of the world don't always apply to him.

Rastak
03-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53m53 minutes ago
RT @GoesslingESPN: League source says #Vikings asked Jennings to restructure, but sides couldn't reach an agreement.

He's consistent. Betting on getting better money elsewhere.

Depends on what they offered him obviously. He should get a decent amount if GMs have any sense....then again the money starts to dry up as free agency goes on.

Joemailman
03-14-2015, 05:51 PM
I can't blame Jennings too much. They trade for a guy who had similar stats, makes just as much money, and then ask Jennings to take a pay cut.

Rastak
03-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the Vikings are making a mistake in releasing GJ? They had 3 different QBs last year, none of their WRs put up good numbers. Jennings actually led the team in catches, receiving yards and receiving TDs!

Dude is a great receiver still.....you can quote me. :?

Rastak
03-14-2015, 06:02 PM
I can't blame Jennings too much. They trade for a guy who had similar stats, makes just as much money, and then ask Jennings to take a pay cut.

Younger and faster but also a bigger dickhead.

pbmax
03-14-2015, 07:16 PM

Worked for Marcus Allen for a while.

The first part, anyway.

King Friday
03-14-2015, 07:38 PM

Dallas is no longer being run by Jerruh. His kid has taken over the reins in terms of player acquisition. That is why the Cowboys didn't draft Johnny Football last year...it wasn't Jerruh's call.

pbmax
03-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Dallas is no longer being run by Jerruh. His kid has taken over the reins in terms of player acquisition. That is why the Cowboys didn't draft Johnny Football last year...it wasn't Jerruh's call.

Yep. And Jerruh was MIFFED they didn't take Johnny. He was quoted in a big writeup about his stewardship to the effect that:

"If I had thought this small during my days as a wildcatter, we never would have bought the Cowboys. Or built the Stadium."

He essentially called his Stephen, "no son of mine".

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11420510/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-wants-known-football-man

esoxx
03-14-2015, 09:56 PM
Stephen might be a step up from Jerry, but he's still a product of nepotism.

He's still one of Jerry's Kids after all.

Bretsky
03-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Younger and faster but also a bigger dickhead.

Isn't that the problem with Percy Harvin as well ?

From what I've heard he's a complete asshat and terrible in the locker room. Is that accurate ?

Rutnstrut
03-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Isn't that the problem with Percy Harvin as well ?

From what I've heard he's a complete asshat and terrible in the locker room. Is that accurate ?

He just needs a "Cris Carter" to take him under his wing, maybe Jordy? Or would that not work because Jordy is white?

esoxx
03-14-2015, 11:10 PM
He just needs a "Cris Carter" to take him under his wing, maybe Jordy? Or would that not work because Jordy is white?

I think he's talking about Wallace.

And yes, Wallace seems to be a dickhole, upset his QB didn't target him more. It's all about him.

How else could a team get him so cheap. Fins were glad to dump him.

Poor Vikings walked into another one :lol:

call_me_ishmael
03-14-2015, 11:16 PM

He's like Julius Peppers dude. He will be a bad ass RB and could start for an NFL team at 45 if we're being honest. He is a top 5 talent at the position ever. That acceleration + shake + power!

smuggler
03-14-2015, 11:35 PM
No, not quite. Peterson isn't Herschel Walker freakish, but he is more physically dominant than the average running back... He can probably still play at a good level until 32. Maybe 33.

woodbuck27
03-15-2015, 03:02 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

2015 NFL Free Agents

SPOTRAC ...Tracking the status and signings of all 2015 NFL free agents.

Comment woodbuck27:

IMO there's not a lot going on in FA so far that's a huge threat to the Packers 2015 season. I didn't get an exact count but there's about 100 FA's already signed.

Seattle did very well IMO getting an outstanding weapon @ TE in the Jimmy Graham deal.

I'm a little surprized what RB Demarco Murray shaked out in terms of $$$$.

I watched replays of the 2014 NFL BEST games yesterday:

Dallas @ Green Bay and Green Bay @ Seattle and I have hopes we get more on 'O' in 2015 in BIG games. I see the moves in terms of restructuring the coaching staff as positives. In every sense of the words; the Packers simply blew it in Seattle. They were the better team and simply choked it away. It wasn't personnel as much as poor decision making. Again ..... that's how I saw it.

If TT gets something for the head of the snake (DT) and something at ILB. The Packers will be OK.

I'm concerned at CB right now as well. We might see more fr. Rodgers at TE. TT needs to get more at RB. I don't like the way that Eddie Lacy bangs into the walls. I'm concerned his career will be short with all he did in College.

Now after all that. I'm not a DOM CAPERS fan. That man is fricken scary in terms of his decision making.

It won't matter what TT or what MM and the rest of the coaching staff does; unless we see a dramatic shift upwards in terms of the rankings on 'D' and ST's.

GO PACKERS .... GO PACK GO !

SkinBasket
03-15-2015, 05:35 AM
He's like Julius Peppers dude. He will be a bad ass RB and could start for an NFL team at 45 if we're being honest. He is a top 5 talent at the position ever. That acceleration + shake + power!

Someone got into the liqueur cabinet again.

mraynrand
03-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Someone got into the liqueur cabinet again.

More like ODed on Robitussin. It is flu season.

Carolina_Packer
03-15-2015, 09:01 AM
At this point of Packer free agency, it would be great to get an ILB, however, there's not much to get excited about on the open market. Brandon Spikes has been mentioned, but what I've read, he's really more of a two down backer, run stuffer. It's looking like whatever they have in-house now or whatever they draft, sign after is what they will have to go with.

As for NT, do you think it's still between Guion and Raji? It sounds like Raji is going crazy in the weight room. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/296020101.html

We know McCarthy wants Guion back: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=47471

Would you sign them both?

If only one, which one?

pbmax
03-15-2015, 09:38 AM

All I know is that they took the good stuff out of NyQuil and winter hasn't been the same since.

mraynrand
03-15-2015, 11:02 AM
All I know is that they took the good stuff out of NyQuil and winter hasn't been the same since.

there's always hiberNol..

https://screen.yahoo.com/hibernol-sleep-baby-000000476.html

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6001/5868087511_4e7398b5ce_z.jpg

denverYooper
03-15-2015, 05:05 PM

There was a time way back in the days of yore when the dextromethorphan in robitoussin was relatively unadulterated. Nowadays kids have to deal with all of the extra scrap they put in. It really puts a damper on the experience. Gone are the days of running around in the church camp parking lot feeling like you can fly and examining the boundaries where metaphysics melds with reality and trying to pull some tongue on the side.

Now it's just sitting around all grumpy, posting on some divebar internet forum.

red
03-15-2015, 06:53 PM
back when i was young i wasn't allowed to have robitoussin

if i got sick while at the grandparents house they pulled the bottle labeled "irish whiskey" out of the liquor cabinet

KYPack
03-15-2015, 09:20 PM
back when i was young i wasn't allowed to have robitoussin

if i got sick while at the grandparents house they pulled the bottle labeled "irish whiskey" out of the liquor cabinet

Red, I totally believe this story.

BZnDallas
03-15-2015, 10:00 PM
There was a time way back in the days of yore when the dextromethorphan in robitoussin was relatively unadulterated. Nowadays kids have to deal with all of the extra scrap they put in. It really puts a damper on the experience. Gone are the days of running around in the church camp parking lot feeling like you can fly and examining the boundaries where metaphysics melds with reality and trying to pull some tongue on the side.

Now it's just sitting around all grumpy, posting on some divebar internet forum.

We called it Robo-ing DY. Drink a whole bottle, keep it down as long as you could and wait to see what happens. It was a cheap thrill, haha!!!

pittstang5
03-16-2015, 07:37 AM
We called it Robo-ing DY. Drink a whole bottle, keep it down as long as you could and wait to see what happens. It was a cheap thrill, haha!!!

I knew a guy in college that used to "Robo" all the time. He'd go to the Pharmacy, steal a bottle, chug it down as fast as he could and be whacked out of his gord all night. Then, on top of that, drink beers with us all night. I wonder what happened to him. He's probably some big shot CEO now.

Guiness
03-16-2015, 08:16 AM
I knew a guy in college that used to "Robo" all the time. He'd go to the Pharmacy, steal a bottle, chug it down as fast as he could and be whacked out of his gord all night. Then, on top of that, drink beers with us all night. I wonder what happened to him. He's probably some big shot CEO now.

Did anyone else's grandmother have quaaludes? :satan:

denverYooper
03-16-2015, 09:56 AM

I had a buddy like that in college. He once got sick after eating a few tablespoons of nutmeg because it contains an LSD derivative. He was a crazy son-of-a-gun who'd stay up all night getting crazy but he finished with nearly a 4.0 and went on to become a dentist.

mraynrand
03-16-2015, 10:51 AM
I had a buddy like that in college. He once got sick after eating a few tablespoons of nutmeg because it contains an LSD derivative. He was a crazy son-of-a-gun who'd stay up all night getting crazy but he finished with nearly a 4.0 and went on to become a dentist.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/1061evansville.com/files/2012/12/LittleShopOfHorrors_SteveMartinDDS_02_YouTube.jpg

Bossman641
03-16-2015, 02:47 PM

I've always heard it called leaning. Cough syrup, sprite and a jolly rancher

pbmax
03-16-2015, 02:49 PM
And Johnny Jolly went to jail for all your sins.

Joemailman
03-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Vince Wilfork signs with Houston for 2 years, 9 million, 5 million guaranteed. The price for Raji has to be less than that, right?

Carolina_Packer
03-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Has anyone else heard the conspiracy theory about Chip Kelly that he's just loading up free agents like Bradford and Murray as trade bait to move up and get Mariota?

It makes a little sense, given how Kelly is loading up at QB and RB. Bradford doesn't really fit the scheme, and would be a curious guy to count on coming off of another knee injury. Murray may have played his best football last year, but look how little respect RB's get anymore, given that you can find good running easier than some other positions, and that OL in Dallas is loaded for bear. How would the Eagles get Murray, Matthews, Sproles, and Chris Polk enough carries to keep them effective?

So, if any of this rumor is true, are they prepared to stick with Bradford if nobody wants him in a trade to allow the Eagles to move up and draft Mariota?

1(1) Buccaneers-Likely Winston
2(2) Titans-May not go QB with Mettenberger as the #1, not sure they would want Bradford or Murray
3(3) Jaguars-no QB needed, but they were considering Murray in FA.
4(4) Raiders-This is the team with a lot of cap space, but no need for Bradford, but possibly Murray
5(5) Redskins-They have RG3, and they have a lot of money tied up in him, but they might be willing
6(6) Jets-They now have Fitzpatrick, and they have cap space, but I'm not sure they would take Bradford in a trade for #6
7(7) Bears-Mariota likely won't fall below #7, and the Bears wouldn't take either player to move back.
8(8) Falcons-same as Bears
9(9) Giants-same as Bears
10(10) Rams-um, no

pbmax
03-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Vince Wilfork signs with Houston for 2 years, 9 million, 5 million guaranteed. The price for Raji has to be less than that, right?

I was just coming here to post that very thought.

pbmax
03-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Yes, I have read the rumors about dealing for Mariota. #1 target is the Titans. Theory is that they didn't have the personnel the Rams wanted and the cost in pure picks would be too high (remember the mother-lode of picks from the Redskins for RGIII).

In this version of reality, Rams wanted Foles and some picks, so the Eagles are the intermediary source of assets.

pbmax
03-16-2015, 06:22 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 33m33 minutes ago
Belichick calls Wilfork "best defensive lineman I ever coached" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Juu

And that guy has coached some good lineman (Leonard Marshall, Willie McGinest, Rob Burnett).

pittstang5
03-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Has anyone else heard the conspiracy theory about Chip Kelly that he's just loading up free agents like Bradford and Murray as trade bait to move up and get Mariota?

I had posted this before: Rumors in Philly had Foles, draft picks and or a player or players going to the Jets if Mariota was still available when they picked. Jets would essentially draft Mariota then trade him to the Eagles. Again - just a rumor swirling around here.

Then Kelly trades for Bradford. Kelly has said that Bradford is his guy, but I don't believe anything a coach says anymore. Since Bradford has come to Philly, rumors have kinda died down a bit around here about Kelly trying to get Mariota - but it doesn't surprise me that rumors are starting again.

pbmax
03-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 21s22 seconds ago
The #Chargers will pay WR Stevie Johnson $10.5M over three years, source said. He can get to $12M. He’ll be a big part of their offense.

red
03-17-2015, 06:45 PM
awwwwww

jennings wants back

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2015/3/17/8235265/greg-jennings-says-he-would-definitely-reconcile-with-packers

guess he was "brainwashed" too well the first time round

Joemailman
03-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Report that Browns offered a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479517/article/browns-offered-a-firstround-pick-for-sam-bradford

Not clear whether it was offered to Rams or Eagles, but Chip Kelly had said he was offered a 1st round pick for Bradford.

esoxx
03-17-2015, 10:13 PM
awwwwww

jennings wants back

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2015/3/17/8235265/greg-jennings-says-he-would-definitely-reconcile-with-packers

guess he was "brainwashed" too well the first time round

Go suck a goat dick Greg.

Not happening.

vince
03-17-2015, 10:38 PM
Report that Browns offered a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479517/article/browns-offered-a-firstround-pick-for-sam-bradford

Not clear whether it was offered to Rams or Eagles, but Chip Kelly had said he was offered a 1st round pick for Bradford.
That'd be a fleece I think. That's the #12 pick. He may still make that trade if it's on the table and Mariota drops a few slots. Maybe Chip's already innovating but I don't see how Bradford's a great fit in that O. Defenses are just going to invite him to keep it every time and then punish him for it.

To lead a fast break offense you need a point guard who can dish the ball but he also needs to be able to take it to the hole himself when the other guys are covered up. Bradford ain't that guy I don't think.

Carolina_Packer
03-17-2015, 10:39 PM
Even if he agreed to come back at a team friendly price to continue his career, who would you take off the field at this point? Nelson, Cobb and Adams are the law firm. I don't know that there is room on the shingle for Jennings. I'm really excited to see what Abbrederis and Janis can do. Heck Myles White may have even improved. If you sign Jennings, then the young guys don't really get much of an opportunity. The draft is rich with receivers, and if the Packers find a young guy to come in an add to the competition level, I think that's more beneficial than bringing back a vet.

We need to sign a DL and possibly a CB first.

vince
03-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Even if he agreed to come back at a team friendly price to continue his career, who would you take off the field at this point? Nelson, Cobb and Adams are the law firm. I don't know that there is room on the shingle for Jennings. I'm really excited to see what Abbrederis and Janis can do. Heck Myles White may have even improved. If you sign Jennings, then the young guys don't really get much of an opportunity. The draft is rich with receivers, and if the Packers find a young guy to come in an add to the competition level, I think that's more beneficial than bringing back a vet.

Yup. There's only one ball and the guys we have are all already capable of producing more than they do, if only they'd get the ball more. Jennings is no good for this team at this point. Overpaid vet getting in the way of younger, cheaper producers. Now if Adams, Janis and maybe even Abby turn out to be stiffs then you could say they shoulda signed him but I don't think those guys will be stiffs. We'll see.

Joemailman
03-17-2015, 11:27 PM
That'd be a fleece I think. That's the #12 pick. He may still make that trade if it's on the table and Mariota drops a few slots. Maybe Chip's already innovating but I don't see how Bradford's a great fit in that O. Defenses are just going to invite him to keep it every time and then punish him for it.

To lead a fast break offense you need a point guard who can dish the ball but he also needs to be able to take it to the hole himself when the other guys are covered up. Bradford ain't that guy I don't think.

They also have the #19 pick, from Buffalo. Still a bad idea though. Of course, the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

vince
03-18-2015, 12:44 AM
They also have the #19 pick, from Buffalo. Still a bad idea though. Of course, the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.That hurts. That was Homgren regime wasn't it? That's a lot of bust. I wouldn't want to throw Bradford on top.

mraynrand
03-18-2015, 07:14 AM
the last time the Browns had 2 1st round picks, they took Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

#thefutureisnow

The Browns really enjoy drafting the "quarterback of the future" and an Impact Playerâ„¢ every year. And both typically fizzle before midseason.

pbmax
03-18-2015, 08:45 AM

He would be Freeman in the #4 WR role like he was in his second go around for Sherman/Favre. But that would commit you to some 5 Wide (to get Janis some snaps) and keeping 6 WR with both Magic and Janis doing the returning and special teams.

pbmax
03-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Ian Rapoport says the Packers are looking for a bargain veteran WR. I would dismiss this out of hand except Ian has gotten his last three out of the blue stories about the Packers right.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000479651/Top-free-agents-still-on-the-market

Its at the end of the segment of Total Access: Top FA Still on the Market. He mentions the Packers tidbit while discussing Welker's availability.

red
03-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Ian Rapoport says the Packers are looking for a bargain veteran WR. I would dismiss this out of hand except Ian has gotten his last three out of the blue stories about the Packers right.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000479651/Top-free-agents-still-on-the-market

Its at the end of the segment of Total Access: Top FA Still on the Market. He mentions the Packers tidbit while discussing Welker's availability.

i don't get the welker interest at all

pittstang5
03-18-2015, 07:17 PM
i don't get the welker interest at all

I don't get why the Packers would be looking at a veteran WR. We're fine there. We need TE, DL, ILB and CB help.

Carolina_Packer
03-18-2015, 09:20 PM
When healthy, Welker has always been someone to help move the chains, which means more time of possession, better for Green Bay's defense. If he does a 1 year deal at a team friendly price, it could work. Plus, he has returned punts. It certainly could put that much more pressure on the opposing defenses.

Honestly, I don't know if there is a free agent ILB who would be any more than camp competition/depth. A productive starter from the available list of LB's would be something.

The other positions that need fixing will just have to be fixed by 2nd and 3rd year guys on the team who have hopefully developed, and the draft and college free agency.

pbmax
03-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Ty Dunne @TY DUNNE'S TWITTER ACCOUNT

Another Packer to Minn RT @andysimms Congrats to client RB DuJuan Harris for signing a 1 year deal with the @Vikings today.

Guiness
03-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Ty Dunne @TY DUNNE'S TWITTER ACCOUNT

Another Packer to Minn RT @andysimms Congrats to client RB DuJuan Harris for signing a 1 year deal with the @Vikings today.

ROFL! Why do they continuously do this?

mraynrand
03-19-2015, 03:57 PM

they have lots of film of our guys playing very well against them.

red
03-19-2015, 04:13 PM
they have lots of film of our guys playing very well against them.

LOL

that is true

Freak Out
03-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Bowe to the Browns? Who is throwing the ball there? Madness.

Rastak
03-19-2015, 08:32 PM

In this case I have no idea...if there is no gaurenteed money he's just competing.

In the larger sense I think it's because Ted want to get rid of a guy a year too soon rather than a year too late. Since Minnesota is in the same division they have plenty of film.

Longwell worked fantastically.
Jennings never matched production for salary but was good.
Favre lead them to within a whisker of the Superbowl, similar to Rodgers and you guys last year. (sorry, couldn't resist).
Sharper player very well, big contributor.....where is that guy now.....oh wait.....

pbmax
03-21-2015, 08:41 AM
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=19811&is_corp=1

Wilde takes it as fact that there was interest by the Packers in both Johnson and Harvin, so he doesn't rule Jennings out on that basis, though he thinks it unlikely.

However, both those mentions of FA seemed agent driven to accelerate visits or contract discussions. Johnson and Gore even said this week they wanted to team up if they could.

This is a long way of saying that Ian Rapaport was wrong about Packer interest in a vet WR.

Now that I said it, I expect Jennings signed by Sunday night.

Patler
03-21-2015, 08:57 AM
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=19811&is_corp=1

Wilde takes it as fact that there was interest by the Packers in both Johnson and Harvin, so he doesn't rule Jennings out on that basis, though he thinks it unlikely.

However, both those mentions of FA seemed agent driven to accelerate visits or contract discussions. Johnson and Gore even said this week they wanted to team up if they could.

This is a long way of saying that Ian Rapaport was wrong about Packer interest in a vet WR.

Now that I said it, I expect Jennings signed by Sunday night.

If they have an interest in Jennings, it would seem to mean they have no expectations for Abbrederis. One of he and Janis would be excess baggage, and from MM's comments, it doesn't seem like it would be Janis. I can't see them keeping 6 WRs.

pbmax
03-21-2015, 10:22 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 15m15 minutes ago
Panthers bring Greg Jennings in for a visit http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JIC

The normal people in charge of the Panthers offense must have been on vacation because this move actually makes sense.

Joemailman
03-22-2015, 12:42 AM
If they have an interest in Jennings, it would seem to mean they have no expectations for Abbrederis. One of he and Janis would be excess baggage, and from MM's comments, it doesn't seem like it would be Janis. I can't see them keeping 6 WRs.

I could see them keeping 6 if one or more of them are retuning kickoffs and/or punts. The kickoff return job is open with DuJuan Harris gone. They might want someone other than Cobb to team with Hyde on punt returns.

pbmax
03-22-2015, 09:21 AM
I could see them keeping 6 if one or more of them are retuning kickoffs and/or punts. The kickoff return job is open with DuJuan Harris gone. They might want someone other than Cobb to team with Hyde on punt returns.

I endorsed that idea elsewhere as well, but I think Hyde would be in line for the punt returner job first.

Joemailman
03-22-2015, 11:05 AM
I endorsed that idea elsewhere as well, but I think Hyde would be in line for the punt returner job first.

Sure, but you need more than one punt returner. Because Hyde plays defense, there may be times you want someone else to return a punt, especially if Hyde had to run a long way on a 3rd down play. Hyde could also see his snap counts on defense increase this year with the exit of House and TWill. Last year Hyde and Cobb split the punt returns. I suspect they may be looking for someone to replace Cobb on punt returns because he is such an integral part of the offense, and now a very highly paid one. Besides, the last couple of years Cobb has been pretty pedestrian on punt returns.

red
03-22-2015, 12:05 PM
isn't Abbrederis a returner?

pbmax
03-22-2015, 02:05 PM
isn't Abbrederis a returner?

Yep. Very good KO returner for UW and did punts as well.

pbmax
03-26-2015, 04:24 PM
T Jonathan Martin released by the San Francisco 49ers. First rough talent available near minimum price. Packers have his line coach from last year on staff.

smuggler
03-26-2015, 04:54 PM
49ers are stupid for not retaining their oline staff...

Fritz
03-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Sign Guion and Raji, and then you're ready for the draft!

Of course I want Ted to draft a couple ILB's and CB's in the first four rounds, but most likely he won't draft his first one at either position until about the fourth round, by which time we'll all be chewing on our knuckles and cursing Ted.

Last year was an anamoly, I think.

Patler
03-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Sign Guion and Raji, and then you're ready for the draft!

Of course I want Ted to draft a couple ILB's and CB's in the first four rounds, but most likely he won't draft his first one at either position until about the fourth round, by which time we'll all be chewing on our knuckles and cursing Ted.

Last year was an anamoly, I think.

So, RB 1st round, WR 2nd round and OL 3rd round?

pbmax
03-27-2015, 11:30 AM
So, RB 1st round, WR 2nd round and OL 3rd round?

OL are only in even rounds I think. 2nd, 4th, 6th. At least the good ones.

Patler
03-27-2015, 12:03 PM
OL are only in even rounds I think. 2nd, 4th, 6th. At least the good ones.

4th, for sure.
2nd round is dedicated to WRs!

pittstang5
03-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Boykin finds a job before Jennings - signs with Carolina

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/27/panthers-add-former-packers-wide-receiver-jarrett-boykin/

Fritz
03-27-2015, 02:04 PM
6th round guard, probably. And yes, a second round wide receiver, no doubt.

Ah, Ted.

pittstang5
03-27-2015, 02:07 PM
6th round guard, probably.

And....from a small school and was a LT and prior to being a LT, was a TE at some point.

red
03-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Boykin finds a job before Jennings - signs with Carolina

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/27/panthers-add-former-packers-wide-receiver-jarrett-boykin/

it would be even funnier if boykins ends up signing for more $$$$

pbmax
03-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 34m34 minutes ago
The #Packers have said they want DL Letroy Guion back, but he did visit the #Seahawks today, source said #intrigue

At first I was going wish him ill, regarding getting his truck back.

But given his recent trouble, Washington St. makes some legal sense.

Fritz
03-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 34m34 minutes ago
The #Packers have said they want DL Letroy Guion back, but he did visit the #Seahawks today, source said #intrigue

At first I was going wish him ill, regarding getting his truck back.

But given his recent trouble, Washington St. makes some legal sense.

But somehow Green Bay makes even more sense.

pbmax
04-01-2015, 09:45 AM
McClain is back with the 'Boys. Yippie-Ki-Yay.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago
Cowboys hang onto Rolando McClain after Patriots show interest http://wp.me/p14QSB-9K3S

pbmax
04-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Lattimore is a Jet. Packers Special Teams of 2014 have turned into a purge of Central Committee politicians after a spy scandal.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
#Packers LB Jamari Lattimore has signed with the #Jets, according to agent Tony Agnone.

pbmax
04-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Sean Richardson has signed an offer sheet from the Raiders. Another ST player could be gone.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
#Raiders have signed Packers RFA safety Sean Richardson to an offer sheet, source said. Green Bay can match, but there is no compensation

Carolina_Packer
04-07-2015, 04:25 PM
I asked this in the other thread by mistake, so I'll ask here. When Oakland makes him an offer, is that based on the lowest tender off that Green Bay gave him? I recall Jarrett Bush got an offer from TN (was it after the Super Bowl?) and TT brought him back. It would be interesting to know what Oakland's offer is. If it's reasonable, I'd like to have him back. I think he's been decent. Do you think the Packers will match?

pbmax
04-07-2015, 04:44 PM
I asked this in the other thread by mistake, so I'll ask here. When Oakland makes him an offer, is that based on the lowest tender off that Green Bay gave him? I recall Jarrett Bush got an offer from TN (was it after the Super Bowl?) and TT brought him back. It would be interesting to know what Oakland's offer is. If it's reasonable, I'd like to have him back. I think he's been decent. Do you think the Packers will match?

They matched for Bush and SR is now in a very similar position. Unlikely to be a starter, but a key backup, role player and ST. I think there is a good chance if the deal isn't outrageous.

vince
04-07-2015, 06:01 PM
They matched for Bush and SR is now in a very similar position. Unlikely to be a starter, but a key backup, role player and ST. I think there is a good chance if the deal isn't outrageous.
1 year, $2.55 mil is what I read. Not a ton of money but it's a lot for a back-up safety and replaceable Special Teamer I'd say... Time for Banjo to start Delivering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

HarveyWallbangers
04-07-2015, 07:15 PM
I actually like Richardson. In the right situation I think he can start in the NFL.

pittstang5
04-07-2015, 07:34 PM
So Richardson was tendered at 1.5 mil and change and Oakland is giving him 2.5 and change. What's a million? I'll be surprised if TT doesn't match.

Bretsky
04-07-2015, 08:39 PM
I could care less if we match or not; I'll just trust Ted on this one either way.

Carolina_Packer
04-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Unless they've soured on him for whatever reason, they have seen him through college free agency, making the team his first year, getting hurt and rehabbing a serious neck injury, coming back and playing. They seem to like this guy. Depending on where they think his ceiling is, it would be strange to see him through all they have and just let him walk, but they kept Lattimore around for a few years and just recently let him walk. I say they keep him.

smuggler
04-08-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm surprised about Richardson. His biggest asset, his long speed, is wasted in the NFL because he never really runs at full speed. I don't think Green Bay will match, but it's only 2.55, so they might.

Pugger
04-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Sean Richardson has signed an offer sheet from the Raiders. Another ST player could be gone.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
#Raiders have signed Packers RFA safety Sean Richardson to an offer sheet, source said. Green Bay can match, but there is no compensation

I started a separate thread about this.

Joemailman
04-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Barclay signs RFA tender of 1.542 million. He will be an UDFA next season.

Carolina_Packer
04-10-2015, 11:28 AM
I think Barclay is a good get. He's better backup material than Sherrodhouse.

smuggler
04-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Packers re-signed Kuhn. No details yet.

Fritz
04-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Jarrett Bush is probably wondering if he's the sad little boy on the playground who no one picks for their team.

vince
04-14-2015, 07:54 AM
What's a good gunner worth on this team? Probably not enough to hold off a promising rookie or 2nd year guy who can play on D too. Without Bush and House, they'll need to replace both gunners this year.

Fritz
04-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Dmitri Goodson as the new Jarrett Bush?

Patler
04-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Jarrett Bush is probably wondering if he's the sad little boy on the playground who no one picks for their team.

Several articles yesterday mentioned that Bush posted on Twitter that he is recovering from off season surgery. Might not be ready yet to meet with and workout for teams interested in signing him, including the Packers. One speculated that it could be related to his hamstring problem from last year.

Could be the end of his GB career, if not his NFL career. A free agent 31 year old special teams player won't be signed unless ready to go 100%, and will be soon forgotten if the start of his season is delayed for surgery rehab.

MadScientist
04-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Several articles yesterday mentioned that Bush posted on Twitter that he is recovering from off season surgery. Might not be ready yet to meet with and workout for teams interested in signing him, including the Packers. One speculated that it could be related to his hamstring problem from last year.

Could be the end of his GB career, if not his NFL career. A free agent 31 year old special teams player won't be signed unless ready to go 100%, and will be soon forgotten if the start of his season is delayed for surgery rehab.

A 10 year career including a huge play to help win a Super Bowl for someone with marginal talent is pretty damn good.

LP
04-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Dmitri Goodson as the new Jarrett Bush?

Depends. Do most posters hate Goodson?

Patler
04-14-2015, 12:18 PM
A 10 year career including a huge play to help win a Super Bowl for someone with marginal talent is pretty damn good.

Not to mention the nearly $11 million he made during that time.

Fritz
04-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Depends. Do most posters hate Goodson?

Not yet. He needs to work on that part of his game.

He did sound ridiculously cocky in the article from the JSO. I am nurturing a seed of dislike already.

pbmax
04-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Not yet. He needs to work on that part of his game.

He did sound ridiculously cocky in the article from the JSO. I am nurturing a seed of dislike already.

Add that to a spate of penalties and red will be right with you.

Pugger
04-15-2015, 08:02 AM

What kind of surgery did he have?

red
04-17-2015, 05:11 PM
banjo signed his tender today, so he's back

red
04-17-2015, 05:13 PM

its amazing that someone that un-talented could have an nfl career that long

and "marginal" is giving him more credit then he deserved for most of his career

Joemailman
04-17-2015, 05:50 PM
banjo signed his tender today, so he's back

Sure took his time. I guess he was just stringing TT along.

smuggler
04-17-2015, 07:21 PM
No, I'm pretty sure marginal is exactly the right term to describe Colledge.

Guiness
04-17-2015, 07:48 PM
No, I'm pretty sure marginal is exactly the right term to describe Colledge.

Colledge had Hawk-like availability :-)

Fritz
04-18-2015, 10:10 AM
No we just need to get Bush signed up, and ST will be all set. No more fuggups like the one in Seattle that helped cause the loss.

red
04-18-2015, 12:11 PM
No we just need to get Bush signed up, and ST will be all set. No more fuggups like the one in Seattle that helped cause the loss.

yeah, cause bringing all the same players back is a great way to improve :roll:

well except "shitbag, ball off the face because i don't want to block" bostick

pbmax
04-18-2015, 12:32 PM

Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, House and TWill are gone as well. There will be a lot of new faces on ST in if Bush returns.

Fritz
04-18-2015, 05:33 PM

Rich coming from the guy who bbitches when TT doesn't re-sign guys.

red
04-18-2015, 06:09 PM
oh, i'll bitch no matter what TT does

but thats just because i feel I'm smarter then he is

Joemailman
04-18-2015, 07:24 PM
oh, i'll bitch no matter what TT does

but thats just because i feel I'm smarter then he is

We're all smarter after a few beers.

mraynrand
04-19-2015, 01:48 PM

In the NFL, that all depends on ceilings, years of experience, position on the team. TT/Stubby teams often improve dramatically by bringing back 'the same guys' because they have another year of experience under their belts. You're probably glad they brought back Rodgers after 2008, right? Nelson after 2010? etc.

mraynrand
04-19-2015, 01:49 PM
We're all smarter after a few beers.

then you can just emote. Saves you from all the pain of 'thinking.'

smuggler
04-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Doesn't specifically apply to Bush, though I agree with the logic. He's on the wrong side of 30. Maybe he can still contribute on ST for another year, but better to cut ties a year too soon than a year too late.

Carolina_Packer
04-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Does it mean anything that he's not signed back yet? Did they move on from JB, or are they waiting until after the draft? Nobody else seems to be in a hurry to sign him either. Perhaps they told him to go looking and see what he and his agent could come up with.

pbmax
04-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Does it mean anything that he's not signed back yet? Did they move on from JB, or are they waiting until after the draft? Nobody else seems to be in a hurry to sign him either. Perhaps they told him to go looking and see what he and his agent could come up with.

Usually needs to pass a physical. Unless you are Peyton Manning.

smuggler
04-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Not going anywhere, honestly. If we cut ties, his best hope is for a vet min contract somewhere. Bush would definitely prefer to stay in Green Bay where is (relatively) established.

pbmax
07-21-2015, 09:58 PM

Wrong and right again. I should run for mayor. More money upfront, team can kill the deal earlier. Everyone wins except the kid who got an All-Day jersey for Christmas.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 6h6 hours ago
Adrian Peterson's new deal has a $44 million base value over three years, forces early decisions in 2016-17 http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Oad

Rastak
07-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Wrong and right again. I should run for mayor. More money upfront, team can kill the deal earlier. Everyone wins except the kid who got an All-Day jersey for Christmas.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 6h6 hours ago
Adrian Peterson's new deal has a $44 million base value over three years, forces early decisions in 2016-17 http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Oad

Essentially it makes him happy. Vikings win because they can cut him next year with no dead money, Peterson wins because as PFT said, it forces the decision at the beginning of free agency which is to his benefit.