PDA

View Full Version : The Fat Kid's On The Teeter Totter, And He's Not Gettin' Off

son of a vic
08-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I've been sittin' back the last few weeks observing the reactions following the last few games. The mood swings are worse than a woman with P.M.S., during a full moon, watching "Beaches" on Lifetime Network.
Some of you so called KOOL-AID GUZZLERS, sure jump off the boat when the waters get a little choppy. Some were in denial all Summer, and now they are changing their tune on the play-off talk.
Are they as bad as they played Monday Night? I don't think so. Are they as good as they played against Atlanta? Not a chance. They are a below average football team that needs a lot of balls to bounce the right way, to even dream of winning 8 games. There is way too much youth and inexperience on this squad, (coaching staff included) for them to improve much, if at all, on last year's record.
Reality, my friends, is an obese 11 year-old, with his ass crack smiling vertically at us all.

If you want to keep the faith, that's cool, but then don't bitch about the stuff level headed fans predicted, before the season started.

P.S. WWW. Woodbuck.COM, I just finished reading the transcripts of every Supreme Court decision since 1955. And that only took me half as long, as it did to read your document on Packer Fan physcology.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 09:58 PM
That's quite a 100th post vic.

MadtownPacker
08-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Good thing you came along SOV, I was about to predict 10-6 on the other thread.

Bretsky
08-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Good thing you came along SOV, I was about to predict 10-6 on the other thread.

10-6 ?

Are you mixing the Tequilla with funny stuff again ? :mrgreen:

B

Rastak
08-30-2006, 10:02 PM
I've been sittin' back the last few weeks observing the reactions following the last few games. The mood swings are worse than a woman with P.M.S., during a full moon, watching "Beaches" on Lifetime Network.
Some of you so called KOOL-AID GUZZLERS, sure jump off the boat when the waters get a little choppy. Some were in denial all Summer, and now they are changing their tune on the play-off talk.
Are they as bad as they played Monday Night? I don't think so. Are they as good as they played against Atlanta? Not a chance. They are a below average football team that needs a lot of balls to bounce the right way, to even dream of winning 8 games. There is way too much youth and inexperience on this squad, (coaching staff included) for them to improve much, if at all, on last year's record.
Reality, my friends, is an obese 11 year-old, with his ass crack smiling vertically at us all.

If you want to keep the faith, that's cool, but then don't bitch about the stuff level headed fans predicted, before the season started.

P.S. WWW. Woodbuck.COM, I just finished reading the transcripts of every Supreme Court decision since 1955. And that only took me half as long, as it did to read your document on Packer Fan physcology.

LOL.......

son of a vic
08-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Reply to Ziggy----Quality is oh- so much better than quantity, wouldn't you agree?

MadtownPacker
08-30-2006, 10:04 PM
10-6 ?

Are you mixing the Tequilla with funny stuff again ? :mrgreen:

B
Nah man I just had a feeling but SOV's post was so kick ass it has changed my mind. 8-8 is what they will go, getting the lucky bounces like vs ATL. All will be home games but 1.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 10:06 PM
All will be home games but 1.

Which one?

Joemailman
08-30-2006, 10:06 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Grady Jackson was back.

I agree with SOV about the mood swings of a lot of posters. However, I'm a little more optimistic. Worse case scenario is 6 wins. 8-8 is possible if OL becomes respectable by 2nd half of season.

Bretsky
08-30-2006, 10:11 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Grady Jackson was back.

I agree with SOV about the mood swings of a lot of posters. However, I'm a little more optimistic. Worse case scenario is 6 wins. 8-8 is possible if OL becomes respectable by 2nd half of season.

Long ago I said 7-9 give or take two games. I could definitely see a 5-11 season; if Vegas gives me even odds with over/under at 7 wins with 7 being a push I think I'd go the under now.

B

Guiness
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
meh - 8-8 should win this division. I'll take it 8-)

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 10:32 PM
If we all ganged up, I'm sure we could knock that fat kid on his ass. :mrgreen:

BananaMan
08-30-2006, 11:11 PM
As much as i used to hate SOV's pessimism, his posts are freakin' hilarious.

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I said this team was going 16-0 plus three more wins in the post season. I think there might have been some of that fat kid's crack in my kool aid.

Panic of the pre-season is absurd. Wait and panic once the Bears tear this team to shreds if the Packers don't drastically improve in the next two weeks.

Bretsky
08-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I said this team was going 16-0 plus three more wins in the post season. I think there might have been some of that fat kid's crack in my kool aid.

Panic of the pre-season is absurd. Wait and panic once the Bears tear this team to shreds if the Packers don't drastically improve in the next two weeks.

The Bears wont' tear us to shreds; they are a slightly above average team and at home that is a winnable game.

Now the Bengals, Seahawks, Panthers, Steelers, Broncos, Colts, and a few more..those are teams that may tear us to pieces.

Scott Campbell
08-30-2006, 11:35 PM
I think were going to be fine. It's nice to get the stinker out of the way so we don't have to hang one like that up during the regular season.

10-6, here we come!

Rastak
08-31-2006, 05:17 AM

The Bears wont' tear us to shreds; they are a slightly above average team and at home that is a winnable game.

Now the Bengals, Seahawks, Panthers, Steelers, Broncos, Colts, and a few more..those are teams that may tear us to pieces.

Boy after seeing the Bears in all three games, I think it could be a closer game that many first expected to see.

Packers4Glory
08-31-2006, 05:24 AM
could the GB game be the one that send rexxxxxxxxxxxxx to the bench? hmmmmmmmmmmm 7-9 or 8-8...or if we get some of that bear luck 13-3 :lol:

Fritz
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
None of us really knows. But it's fun to hazard a guess and make it sound like you do.

I'm saying 7 - 9.

son of a vic
08-31-2006, 03:28 PM
"Packers4Glory"-----could the GB game be the one that send rexxxxxxxxxxxxx to the bench? hmmmmmmmmmmm 7-9 or 8-8...or if we get some of that bear luck 13-3

If the Pack wins 13 games, I'll build a statue of Mike McCarthy in my front yard, and bow down to it every morn' and every evening, for the rest of my existance on this planet.

GrnBay007
08-31-2006, 03:31 PM
If the Pack wins 13 games, I'll build a statue of Mike McCarthy in my front yard, and bow down to it every morn' and every evening, for the rest of my existance on this planet.

That would definitely be worth a road trip to see!!!!!! :wink: :razz:

son of a vic
08-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I''l even baptize myself in a 55 gallon drum of Kool-aid and advacate "McCarthyism" as a viable form of government.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 03:51 PM
"Packers4Glory"-----could the GB game be the one that send rexxxxxxxxxxxxx to the bench? hmmmmmmmmmmm 7-9 or 8-8...or if we get some of that bear luck 13-3

Is there a way to put this post in a sticky and hold him to it at the end of the season?

ahaha
08-31-2006, 04:19 PM
I haven't panicked yet. And, I don't think it's unreasonable to think the Packers will go 9-7 or 10-6 with Brett Favre at the helm, if the talent level was upgraded from last season. IMHO it was.

Tony Oday
08-31-2006, 05:32 PM
10-6 lock it up! Championship!

son of a vic
08-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Thee above post is either tongue in cheek, or head up ass.

woodbuck27
08-31-2006, 08:15 PM

I wouldn't RUSH OUT and start pricing cement SOV.

Nice to observe that your a talented ar tiste otherwise. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! Packer fan faith for OUR Future !!

DO . . . .SOMETHING REAL TO HELP OUR OFFENSE TED. . . REALLY SOON !

woodbuck27
08-31-2006, 08:18 PM

Geeee SOV, an now...I'm guessing I didn't edit that post... nearly enough. :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO ! Packer Fan Faith !!

Guiness
08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
SOV - I agree that this team is not where it needs to be. However, the fact is that we have 6 games against the 'other' NFC North teams. Those games are winnable. I think we are the most improved team in the division - Chicago moved backwards, and Detroit improved marginally. Minnesota made strides, but they seem to every year!

Sweeps against Detroit and Chicago, and a split with Minnesota gets us to 5 wins. We'll see what happens outside of that.

Packers4Glory
09-01-2006, 12:34 AM

http://www.militarystangs.com/forums/images/smilies/werd.gif and I'd march straight to the 50 yard line and shiit golden bricks for everyone in attendance for the playoff game game.

son of a vic
09-03-2006, 02:15 PM
"Guiness"-----------"SOV - I agree that this team is not where it needs to be. However, the fact is that we have 6 games against the 'other' NFC North teams. Those games are winnable. I think we are the most improved team in the division - Chicago moved backwards, and Detroit improved marginally. Minnesota made strides, but they seem to every year!"

"Sweeps against Detroit and Chicago, and a split with Minnesota gets us to 5 wins. We'll see what happens outside of that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you base your comment "the Bears moving backwards" on.
Saying the Pack will sweep Chicago and Detroit is nothing more than homerism. Please expound upon the reasons you think this team is good enough to go 5-1 in the division. And please, give me more than "we have no. 4." I'll venture a guess we haven't swept Detroit and Chicago for at least 5 years, so why would you make such a statement.

K-town
09-08-2006, 07:56 PM
What do you base your comment "the Bears moving backwards" on.
Saying the Pack will sweep Chicago and Detroit is nothing more than homerism. Please expound upon the reasons you think this team is good enough to go 5-1 in the division. And please, give me more than "we have no. 4." I'll venture a guess we haven't swept Detroit and Chicago for at least 5 years, so why would you make such a statement.

How the hell did I miss seeing this one?
2002: Green Bay beats the Lions away and at home, and also sweeps da Bears.

MJZiggy
09-08-2006, 09:31 PM

http://www.militarystangs.com/forums/images/smilies/werd.gif and I'd march straight to the 50 yard line and shiit golden bricks for everyone in attendance for the playoff game game.

Remind me to be sure to get tickets for that one... :mrgreen:

Guiness
09-08-2006, 11:00 PM
didn't see this response until now. Well, as K-town pointed out, it wasn't that long ago that the Pack swept those two squads.

Why do I think the Bears moved backwards? Well, I guess they're not as bad as the '01, then '02 squads, but I feel they haven't moved forward, and by standing still, have moved backwards.

The only significant move they made was to upgrade their D (good idea to concentrate on that, eh?) and R. Manning hasn't exactly worked out. Their offense effectively stays its same, pathetic self - the addition of Berrian doesn't exactly worry me. The only possible improvement is if they get some production from the QB position.

As far as the Lions, I don't even think I have to go into it. 3 of their 4 latest first round picks (not counting '06) won't be on the field to start the game. And they were all top 10 picks.

I'm not saying it's probable, but it is possible. If Chicago's D doesn't hold things together, and do some scoring, that team won't see 8-8.