PDA

View Full Version : Next preseason game...the 1st team offense

Packers4Glory
08-31-2006, 01:49 AM
has to play. they have to get reps in game situations. I don't know how they expect to improve by just practicing. they have to take a step up IN THE GAMES. They have a lot of young guys, guys coming back from injuries, a new old offense, Favre as much as anyone needs reps behind this line and w/ his WR not named Driver

If they don't all play, it would be a huge mistake. Film & Practice starts the process of improving upon mistakes, then you take it to the field and try to put what you learned into place.

Sitting these guys will almost assuredly mean a steady asskicking in week 1.

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 02:53 AM
I believe they are scheduled to play the first series. I would like to see them play the first two or three. But I doubt that will happen.

Packers4Glory
08-31-2006, 03:14 AM
I believe they are scheduled to play the first series. I would like to see them play the first two or three. But I doubt that will happen. screw that, they need to play the first half.

if not they will come out flat and look like crap against shitcago.

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 03:22 AM
You may be right. After that horrible showing on Monday night, they could use the work. I would start with the first quarter and see from there.

Packers4Glory
08-31-2006, 03:38 AM
You may be right. After that horrible showing on Monday night, they could use the work. I would start with the first quarter and see from there.i suppose if they look good in the 1st you can take out guys like Brett and Driver..but the O-line really needs the reps together, for experience and to gel.

Rastak
08-31-2006, 05:15 AM
I believe they are scheduled to play the first series. I would like to see them play the first two or three. But I doubt that will happen.

Is that what McCarthy indicated? I'd be surprised, although traditionally teams don't play their starters as much in game four. The Vikings are playing their starters for the first half because they have an eleven day break before the start of the season. With Green Bay's nine day break they could probably do the same.

Packers4Glory
08-31-2006, 05:21 AM

Is that what McCarthy indicated? I'd be surprised, although traditionally teams don't play their starters as much in game four. The Vikings are playing their starters for the first half because they have an eleven day break before the start of the season. With Green Bay's nine day break they could probably do the same. The whole group needs atleast a quarter....hopefully atleast 2 productive series of moving the ball.

The entire O-line needs both quarters. The line will make or break this team IMHO, much like last yr. If they can't run the ball, we will see a bunch of jump balls.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 09:29 AM
I would make Woodson play with the 2nd and 3rd stringers after the lolli-gagging he pulled on MNF

Packnut
08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that our starters should at the very least play the 1st quarter.

esoxx
08-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Can't look any worse than Monday.

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Green not playing is another mistake. The first team O should play for the first quarter. The need to gel and even if they are playing against the Titans' 2's, they need to get their confidence back. If MM pulls his guys after one failed series, then it will be a mistake. If the one's go right down the field and score a TD, then MAYBE (a big MAYBE) it would be okay to pull them. I don't want anyone to get hurt but come on! We need the work. MM may be making a BIG rookie mistake tomorrow.

esoxx
08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
They've had this mapped out for a while on him sitting this game. Not worth the injury risk to him to turn around and play another preseason game four days after not seeing the field for 10 months.

woodbuck27
08-31-2006, 09:07 PM
I believe they are scheduled to play the first series. I would like to see them play the first two or three. But I doubt that will happen. screw that, they need to play the first half.

if not they will come out flat and look like crap against shitcago.

Geee looking jusqa last season's TC now.

Why change what didn't work. DAM !!!!

GO PACK GO.

woodbuck27
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
and what does this fella know?

Brett Favre still sees talent on offense, and understands it will take some time for the Green Bay Packers' young players to blossom.

But after a rough outing at Cincinnati and with the preseason finale against Tennessee only two days away, Favre seems impatient with the progress his revamped offense is making.

"We have a long ways to go, but a short time to do it," Favre said Wednesday, venting moderate hints of frustration to - and at - reporters in a tenser-than-usual group interview session.

Favre says he and the team are running out of time to work out the kinks in their new-look offense.

"It is preseason. Call it what you want," Favre said.

"But you'd like to be able to gauge something off these games, and I don't know. I really don't. There's a lot of potential, but that in itself doesn't get it done."

digitaldean
08-31-2006, 09:36 PM
I'd just as soon see the 1st team play at least the first quarter and a half, then sit them. Optimally the whole first half is what's needed.

I understand the injury risk involved, but there's also the risk of coming out the gate and looking rancid vs. Chicago if this stuff isn't fixed in a game-type situation.

Packnut
08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
After watching the Bears D tonight, believe me, we need all the playing time we can get for our 1st string.