PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Walker disses the Pack

Rastak
08-31-2006, 06:02 AM
Man, this is pretty classless......

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4264048

denver broncos notes
WR Walker glad he's an ex-Packer
After watching Cincinnati trounce Green Bay, Denver's new acquisition says he's happier in Denver.
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

Javon Walker said he needed no reassurance, but after watching his former team get waxed Monday night, the Broncos' new offensive playmaker has total clarity. He said he is much happier in Denver than he ever could be in Green Bay.

"Obviously, we have a chance to be a Super Bowl team," Walker said Wednesday. "Obviously, they have a chance to win four games."

The Packers lost a preseason game 48-17 at Cincinnati on national television Monday night. With their starters in the game, the Packers fell behind 31-0.

"It just made me happy to know I'm here and not dealing with that anymore," Walker said. "This is a winning organization, and I'm better off here."

Walker was acquired for a second-round pick on the first draft day in April. Walker said he'll still root for some Green Bay players, including cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson, tight end Bubba Franks and receiver Robert Ferguson.

"I love those guys, and I always want to see them do well," Walker said. "I want those guys to be successful."

Kiwon
08-31-2006, 06:04 AM
What? No love for Farve?

mmmdk
08-31-2006, 06:19 AM
I am not surprised at all. The guy is such a great receiver and ditto such a great idiot. Literally, Walker is plain dumb but I don't feel angry or sorry for Walker - he's got millions of $ on his bank account so why should he care!? Well, he should but he's only got few marbles to play with.

GrnBay007
08-31-2006, 06:46 AM
What a complete jerk!!

BallHawk
08-31-2006, 06:47 AM
http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/farm-animal-pictures-breeders-babies/miniature-donkey-pictures-breeders-babies/pictures/miniature-donkey-0015.jpg

Packers4Glory
08-31-2006, 07:08 AM
we'll see how he and the snake click.

Cobra Kai
08-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Completely uncalled for and totally classless (and retarded considering it was a preseason game). Even if you have bad feeling towards the Packers, keep it to yourself. You don't burn bridges (not like he had any left here) in this biz, buddy... Karma can be a mother fuck...

SkinBasket
08-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Considering the things that have come out his famly's mouths, this really is no shock. The dumb bastard just doesn't get that most of the time - if not all the time as an athlete - saying nothing is usually the wise course. If I were a Denver fan, I wouldn't be particularly impressed with these comments.

Now if we could only get TT to come out and say that after watching Walker play a game, he's glad he moved him to Denver because at least the receivers we have now have healthy knees. There, Walker has a shot at what? Endind his career with one more knee injury? We're glad we don't have to deal with that anymore.

MadtownPacker
08-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Karma can be a mother fuck...Tell it like it is!!!

chewy-bacca
08-31-2006, 07:59 AM
this is no shock, he would diss his own mother if it ment money in his pocket.

run pMc
08-31-2006, 08:09 AM
You think JWalk's gonna root for Favre after Brett called him out on his holdout?

You think JWalk isn't gonna gloat when baited by a reporter over GB embarassing MNF loss?

wist43
08-31-2006, 08:12 AM
I agree with Walker... they have a chance to win 4 games.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2006, 08:17 AM
You don't just get a nickname like Wonderlic Walker. You have to earn it.

BlueBrewer
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
I hope that fucker gets a bone crushing hit and is discovered to have a narrowing spinal column, thus is forced to retire and ends up in a jail cell with Maurice Clarret, then gets raped and beat to death by an Aryan Prison Gang. That would be sweet.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2006, 08:26 AM
"Obviously, we have a chance to be a Super Bowl team," Walker said Wednesday. "Obviously, they have a chance to win four games."

Well, it's true! Which makes it kinda funny. Half the players in the NFL do as much taunting as they can get away with on the field. This is just another little victory dance.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
We have a chance to be a Super Bowl team? Hell, every year he was in GB they had a legit shot at the Super Bowl. Nice of him to be grateful for that. :roll: Moron.

Zool
08-31-2006, 08:30 AM
As long as they have Jake Plumber at QB, they will not be a SB team. That guy doesnt eat soup, becuase he starts choking whenver he gets near a bowl.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 08:32 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Good one, Zool!!!

This is solidifies my decision on TT removing this cancer from the locker room. yeah, people complain that we should have got more for him, but ya know, i'm just glad he's gone.

Like some have stated, I can't see how some Denver fans can even think those comments are cool. Then again, these are the same fans that started riots and trashing the team when they didn't win a SB for the 3rd straight year.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 08:39 AM
We have a chance to be a Super Bowl team? Hell, every year he was in GB they had a legit shot at the Super Bowl. Nice of him to be grateful for that. :roll: Moron.

No we didn't, Zig. We had Sherm for a GM/head coach :wink:

GoPack06
08-31-2006, 08:42 AM
that just shows you what kinda person he is. Hes just an ego maniac, who throws his former teamates under a bus.

He'll be complaining in Denver about something im sure soon enough.

Hope that knee holds up....wink wink

test
08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Walk need to walk the walk instead of being talk.

He'll do well but not as good as he thinks he is.

Cobra Kai
08-31-2006, 09:01 AM
You think JWalk's gonna root for Favre after Brett called him out on his holdout?

You think JWalk isn't gonna gloat when baited by a reporter over GB embarassing MNF loss?

Well, it's true! Which makes it kinda funny. Half the players in the NFL do as much taunting as they can get away with on the field. This is just another little victory dance.

It very well could be true that they win 4 games maybe less but anyone with any class or common sense doesn't make those comments, regardless if a reportor goated him into it. He could have taken the high road but he's just showing how very small of a person he is, again. Its fine to do your "victory" dance behind clossed doors but to gloat in the press makes you a marked man... KARMA!!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-31-2006, 09:15 AM
"It just made me happy to know I'm here and not dealing with that anymore," Walker said. "This is a winning organization, and I'm better off here."

Ok now am pissed. So, the packers are not a winning organization? Are you kidding me? I wished he well in Denver, but after those comments I really hope he tears has ACL and never plays again. He doesn't deserve any of the money the dumbass makes. I have just moved Denver right behind the bears as team I want to see fall flat on there face.

Bitch!

KYPack
08-31-2006, 09:27 AM
An NFL WR saying something stupid and egomaniacal? I'm shocked, I'll tell ya!

Walker is having fun talking shit now, but if things go wrong in Denver, he'll learn what disrespect is all about.

Shanny the Rat's offense requires precise timing on the crossing and rub routes he likes to run. If you don't come out of your break on rhythm and in perfect position to make the catch, you wind up in Shanny's dog house. That dog house is a massive structure and almost impossible to get out of.

Once you go in, you usually wind up getting your mail in another town, don't you Mr. Lellie & Mr Portis?

FritzDontBlitz
08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if that's the real reason walker left: he used all the other lame excuses as a smoke screen because he was scared of another losing season.

RashanGary
08-31-2006, 11:26 AM
I understand his distaste for the organization but I also think he's dealing with it in a less than perfect way and could just move on and focus on his own life.

Sharper and Longwell were the same way. People are hurt when they're abandoned. Thompson left those players high and dry. Instead of taking a shot at the team, they should just go out and show they were worth ever penny they got. That would be more respectable IMO.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 11:38 AM
I understand his distaste for the organization but I also think he's dealing with it in a less than perfect way and could just move on and focus on his own life.

Sharper and Longwell were the same way. People are hurt when they're abandoned. Thompson left those players high and dry. Instead of taking a shot at the team, they should just go out and show they were worth ever penny they got. That would be more respectable IMO.

Players have chips on their shoulders most of the time because their former team didn't give them what they wanted. Most understand that this is a business and these kind of things happen.

Sharper and Longwell didn't talk smack about their own team while they were here. Big difference there. Look at other FA's that we've lost in the past, who IMO were of a greater loss than JW.... to name a couple: Wahle & Hentrich. I don't recall them ever trashing GB at all. JW is just an @ss and def proved that the Wonderlich test is accurate :wink:

I agree with your basic concept about JW though....just shut up and play.

Cheesehead Craig
08-31-2006, 11:38 AM
I hope that fucker gets a bone crushing hit and is discovered to have a narrowing spinal column, thus is forced to retire and ends up in a jail cell with Maurice Clarret, then gets raped and beat to death by an Aryan Prison Gang. That would be sweet.
Bit harsh...

Fritz
08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Javon Walker? Doesn't he play for Denver? He's a receiver, I think.

gureski
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
"Walker was acquired for a second-round pick on the first draft day in April. Walker said he'll still root for some Green Bay players, including cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson, tight end Bubba Franks and receiver Robert Ferguson.

"I love those guys, and I always want to see them do well," Walker said. "I want those guys to be successful." "

That's a quote from the article.

I find his comments on who he is rooting for to be telling. Al Harris spent the last year positioning himself as the next disgruntled Packer. Ferguson has long been a disappointment and rumors of his attitude on and off the field have been around him since college. Franks is pissed about not getting the deal he wanted last year and then Woodson I don't get. They never even played together.

No shout out to D.Driver? Nothing to A.Green? W.Henderson?

I think it's telling who Walker is rooting for and who he's not rooting for. It says alot about him and who he likes to surround himself by. I'm scared of Woodson now. The MNF game was bad enough. This...having Walker say he's rooting for Woodson and lumping him in with Harris and Ferguson is scary!

Fritz
08-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Oh, sh_t. Javon Walker is a close personal friend of mine. I'm f_cked.

packers11
08-31-2006, 01:21 PM
javon is not a DICK or anything... that was a backstabbing move, I wish TT let that stupid piece of shit stay on the bench this season..... But on a better note, when we play Denver again, I hope walker is ready because people will JACK HIM UP... O wait.. Nevermind... He won't get a catch like Chad Johnson, they will both be to busy talking while Harris is destroying them... :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 01:25 PM
But, he's 3rd on the depth chart. Oh wait, that's TO. I keep getting them confused...

packers11
08-31-2006, 01:26 PM
But, he's 3rd on the depth chart. Oh wait, that's TO. I keep getting them confused...

HAHAHA... Guess well have to get Carroll on him... They both have something alike, they both love talking :lol:

RashanGary
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
I think it's telling who Walker is rooting for and who he's not rooting for. It says alot about him and who he likes to surround himself by. I'm scared of Woodson now. The MNF game was bad enough. This...having Walker say he's rooting for Woodson and lumping him in with Harris and Ferguson is scary!

I think he mentions these guys because they got paid and he didn't. He still only got 1 mil up front. He might never make another dollar in teh NFL if he gets injured.

I think he talks of those players because they got paid, they are less of a player than him and he wants to remind everyone what we could have had instead. He's got a point, but I don't like him taking shots. The Packers never took any shots at him, he could just let things lie. He was probably asked though. These things arn't always intigated by the player.

FavreChild
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Personally, I don't see what's so offensive. What did you want him to say? "Boy, I sure wish I was back in Green Bay with my crummy contract and lots of question marks as far as the potential for success for the offense. And I don't much care for my current teammates and the fans of Denver."

And I'm sure there's no chance that the media is playing this for the drama and/or spinning his comments to stir up controversy. :roll:

We all have much more important things to worry about than Javon Walker....don't we??

CaptainKickass
08-31-2006, 02:45 PM
We all have much more important things to worry about than Javon Walker....don't we??

FC - You hit the nail on the proverbial head. You are my hero of this particular thread.

:mrgreen: :D

Bretsky
08-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Good one, Zool!!!

This is solidifies my decision on TT removing this cancer from the locker room. yeah, people complain that we should have got more for him, but ya know, i'm just glad he's gone.

Like some have stated, I can't see how some Denver fans can even think those comments are cool. Then again, these are the same fans that started riots and trashing the team when they didn't win a SB for the 3rd straight year.

Javon Walker was never a cancer in our locker room; he was a severe disruption in the offseasons. Once he got here he was fine.

We traded a Pro Bowl WR for a 2nd when we first stated no less than a 1st and 3rd rounder, then no less than a 1st rounder. How can we not complain ?

These comments are bush league though. Javon Walker has always backed up his severely low wonderlific score in interviews. He's an idiot.

ahaha
08-31-2006, 05:19 PM
The comment about us being able to win 4 games is actually kind of funny. That's just good smack talk. Although, the crack about the Packers not being a winning organization is just plain retarded.

Joemailman
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Don't blame Javon for saying the Packers are not a winning organization. He doesn't know we've won 3 Super Bowls because he can't count that high.

ahaha
08-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Don't blame Javon for saying the Packers are not a winning organization. He doesn't know we've won 3 Super Bowls because he can't count that high.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

NewsBruin
08-31-2006, 07:16 PM

Who won the Super Bowl after the Packers? Who was their coach?

Shanahan's compiled a .645 winning percentage with the Broncos, a 8-5 playoff record, and a Lombardi Trophy. Last year, he went 13-3, and lost the AFC Championship.

In the Rhodes/Sherman Era, we've gone .578 (which isn't bad in the NFL), were 2-4 in the postseason, the opposite of 13-3, and are now copying the Broncos' running game.

I wish Javon Walker would have kept his mouth shut and said positive, bland things about his former team, but I believe talk and outrage mean nothing compared to the scoreboard. When we win there, then we can get all huffy about everyone else.

Joemailman
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't understand the point of your post. What does this have to do with Shanahan?

hurleyfan
08-31-2006, 08:49 PM

Who won the Super Bowl after the Packers? Who was their coach?

Shanahan's compiled a .645 winning percentage with the Broncos, a 8-5 playoff record, and a Lombardi Trophy. Last year, he went 13-3, and lost the AFC Championship.

In the Rhodes/Sherman Era, we've gone .578 (which isn't bad in the NFL), were 2-4 in the postseason, the opposite of 13-3, and are now copying the Broncos' running game.

I wish Javon Walker would have kept his mouth shut and said positive, bland things about his former team, but I believe talk and outrage mean nothing compared to the scoreboard. When we win there, then we can get all huffy about everyone else.

For Walker to keep his mouth shut and say positive, bland things about his former team would require a brain & IQ higher than his shoe size (read Wonderlic wonder??)

Overall we can only dislike / despise Walker for the turn of events that led to his trade, and are left to wonder what could've been!

To coin a phrase popular before going on stage:
Break a leg Javon!!