PDA

View Full Version : Tiger's apology

SkinBasket
04-14-2006, 03:09 PM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tiger Woods has apologised for comments he made during a television interview after the U.S. Masters at Augusta National Golf Club on Sunday.

The American world number one, who tied for third place three strokes behind winner Phil Mickelson, was criticised for using the term "spaz" to describe his poor putting in the final round.

"Tiger meant nothing derogatory to any person or persons and apologises for any offence caused," Woods's agent Mark Steinberg said in a statement issued on the player's official website.

When asked about his play on the last day at Augusta, Woods replied: "I putted atrociously today. Once I got on the greens, I was a spaz."

In several countries, "spaz" is an offensive term for people affected with spastic paralysis, a form of cerebral palsy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If he has to apologize for referring to himself as a "spaz," Matt Millen should be forced to hang himself.

Deputy Nutz
04-14-2006, 03:25 PM
He should have. I know as a spaz I was offended. What a bastard.

jack's smirking revenge
04-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Man, the PC police have gone a bit too far this time. Having to apologize for the word "spaz"?!

From now on, I will be thoroughly offended by anyone that calls me "dude" and call upon the PC police to have that person incarcerated in a "pound-me-in-the arse" maximum security prison.

tyler

Sparkey
04-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Man, the PC police have gone a bit too far this time. Having to apologize for the word "spaz"?!

From now on, I will be thoroughly offended by anyone that calls me "dude" and call upon the PC police to have that person incarcerated in a "pound-me-in-the arse" maximum security prison.

tyler

Settle down dude!