PDA

View Full Version : The Lambeau advantage

mmmdk
08-31-2006, 08:37 AM
This (below) is from another thread but gimme your thoughts on recreating the Lambeau advantage - can it be done?

The Lambeau advantage; that's the key to success for the Packers. I predicted a 6-10 record but if somehow Lambeau Field became a fort (again) then it's a 10-6 record. The hill climb is steep; Packers has to continue winning -even on friday night vs Titans. Then the Bears and Saints in week 1 and 2. If Packers any of these games then they'll start questioning the Lambeau advantage. If they want it bad enough I think it happen even with such a young team. But you gotta start a looong win streak at to get the young players really believe in it. Just a thought.

test
08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
That is one of the key things Shermy seemed to piss away. There was no extra fire for playing on our own turf...well natural grass.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I think M3 has enough of an attitude about it that it will eventually carry over onto the rest of the team. He has stated it as one of his goals. He does say he wants to win all of his games, but has put a priority on gaining back the Lambeau Mystique. Here's hoping they can do it. It's kinda nice to have a coach that understands the history and the fans and the place he's playing in.

mmmdk
08-31-2006, 09:18 AM
McCarthy's approach reminds me of when Lovie Smith became headcoach of the Bears; he instrumented to the players that they had to beat the Packers...and they did...even when the Packers were a playoff team. No more cozy welcomes to ANY opponent - I will do my part in the game vs the Rams.

Let's roll - Lambeau Field is OUR fort - beat the Bears, heck, let's beat'em all :twisted:

Brando19
08-31-2006, 01:47 PM
And I'll do my part against the Bears on Sept 10. Let's get that Lambeau advantage back!

]{ilr]3
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
I think the Lambeau advantage has to come back for the team to be successful long term. When you look at some current teams that are doing well that concensus seems to be true. I think Seattle has been nearly undefeated at home for 2-3 years now, even when they were never winning on the road, they won at home.

Best place to start winning is @ home! :mrgreen:

falco
08-31-2006, 02:51 PM
It takes a good team to establish a home field advantage. We won't earn it back until we stop sucking.

I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.

Tony Oday
08-31-2006, 03:01 PM
It takes a good team to establish a home field advantage. We won't earn it back until we stop sucking.

and the uninformed masses post again!

falco
08-31-2006, 03:07 PM

and the uninformed masses post again!

I'm uninformed because I realize this team isn't very good?

]{ilr]3
08-31-2006, 05:12 PM

As i recall a few years ago when the Seahawks could never win on the road they werent concidered a winning team by anyones standards.
The Chiefs are pretty much unstoppable at home, but i dont think they are going any where this year.

Bretsky
08-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Dominant defense at home is the best way to bring this back.

Truth be told as the talent and coaching deteriorated after Holmgren so did the Lambeau mystique.

Bring the talent back, sooner rather than later, through wise FA acquisitions and draft picks, and home field advantage will return.

esoxx
08-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Home field record is more reflective of talent level than anything else. There is a slight edge to playing at home, but can't make up for talent deficiency over time. Wonder why they had lousy records at home during the 70's -80's. Could it be talent was lousy? Could be.

falco
08-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Home field record is more reflective of talent level than anything else. There is a slight edge to playing at home, but can't make up for talent deficiency over time. Wonder why they had lousy records at home during the 70's -80's. Could it be talent was lousy? Could be.

Exactly. When you only win 4 games in a season, its hard to have a winning record at home.