PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Boykin - not tendered

Patler
03-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Last year at this time, who would have suspected Boykin would not receive a restricted free agent tender from the Packers? He had just finished a season with 49 receptions for 683 yards. A year later, he wasn't worth the $1.5 million it would have cost on paper for the RFA tender to bring him back for training camp.

I'm thinking this does show confidence in Janis and/or Abbredderis. After all, they could have tendered Boykin, brought him to camp, and later released him at no cost. Either they really like Janis and/or Abbredderis, or they completely gave up on Boykin.

denverYooper
03-11-2015, 10:07 AM
I heard he punched a coach.

pbmax
03-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Not sure we'l ever get the full story, but he fell out of favor fast. His last impression was trying to get Quarless (or was it Bostick?) not to talk to the media.

I wonder if he simply was elevated by the Peter Principle and got replaced by Adams or if his game truly went south from a mental standpoint.

red
03-11-2015, 10:22 AM
3 catches on the year, 3 drops

and i'm sure there was more then that

this from a guy who started the year as the #3 in a pass happy offense

pathetic

pittstang5
03-11-2015, 12:10 PM
This just means they're gonna sign Andre Johnson....I kid, I kid

Teamcheez1
03-11-2015, 12:33 PM
They can always bring Boykin back at a vet minimum if they feel the need. No reason to tender him.

Fritz
03-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Apparently he's not the tender sort of fellow.

Patler
03-11-2015, 01:06 PM
They can always bring Boykin back at a vet minimum if they feel the need. No reason to tender him.

Well, you could say the same about Sean Richardson, Don Barclay or any other player who gets tendered. The reality is that most often, not always, not being tendered as an RFA means the team has no interest in you going forward. After all, the RFA tender is a relatively small amount to ensure the player remains available to you and can not go anywhere else.

If Boykin had played anywhere close to the level he played at in 2013, he would have been tendered. Richardson didn't play a lot in 2014, Barclay didn't play at all and both received RFA tenders.